Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Confused,need Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Confused,need Help! (1424 Views)

......advice pls / Confused... Need Help / She Don't Wanna Rush Relationship Confused Need Help ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused,need Help! by preciousan(f): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
Am in a serious relationship with a guy that has proposed,and wants to meet my parents by next month,but the problem there is that,i've briefed my parents that someone is coming to see them,after series of questions,they got to know that he's a catholic(am pentecostal), i don't have any issue with catholics,and i've even made up my mind to attend catholic after our wedding,but the problem is i don't know how to convince them,considering the fact that he's a good christian and fears God.am really confused and don't know what to do,i've not told him anything yet,because i really love him and i want to settle with him.
Your advice is really appreciated,has anyone been in this situation before,i'll also like to know how you went about it.THANKS!
Re: Confused,need Help! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hmmm well did they say you shoul not marry her...

Madame if the situation is right your parents will not be against it.

If they are interested in your welfare and they love you they will allow.

... but if they insist you need to sit them down and let them explain their reasons to you.

in my experience about many things in life... do not overlook or discard the input of elders in matters.
Re: Confused,need Help! by oasis01(m): 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
In this 25th century??no no,that should'nt be an issue.'love' should be considered first.
Re: Confused,need Help! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
preciousan: Am in a serious relationship with a guy that has proposed,and wants to meet my parents by next month,but the problem there is that,i've briefed my parents that someone is coming to see them,after serious of questions,they got to know that he's a catholic(am pentecostal), i don't have any issue with catholics,and i've even made up my mind to attend catholic after our wedding,but the problem is i don't know how to convince them,considering the fact that he's a good christian and fears God.am really confused and don't know what to do,i've not told him anything yet,because i really love him and i want to settle with him.
Your advice is really appreciated,has anyone been in this situation before,i'll also like to know how you went about it.THANKS!

Its really about you and what you want.
Re: Confused,need Help! by Iaz93: 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
Aren't we all Christians?

Your parents shouldn't interfere in that aspect.

Sit them down and explain things to them.
Love is the most important thing.
Re: Confused,need Help! by Eyop: 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
As far as i know,as a girl you don't have a church until after you are married out of your parents house or church. So the most important thing is knowing God and not the church so let your parents do the needful which is investigating the guy in question and his family to know if the place you are going will be safe for you to enter and not about whether he's a Catholic or apostolic because that is never the main area of concentration except it's your own personal decision not to marry a catholic.

1 Like

Re: Confused,need Help! by temi4fash(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
I tink she shld really pray abt it dat God shld touch d heart of her paertents if every form dialogue has refused to pull thru...

And again she shld not ignore d input of her parent in dis case...
Re: Confused,need Help! by Abbey2sam(m): 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
oasis01: In this 25th century??no no,that should'nt be an issue.'love' should be considered first.

Noooo!!! Nah 35 century
Re: Confused,need Help! by preciousan(f): 6:24am On Nov 05, 2013
The whole issue really got me confused o,
Re: Confused,need Help! by Unichizzy(f): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
tjololade:
Hmmm well did they say you shoul not marry her...

Madame if the situation is right your parents will not be against it.

If they are interested in your welfare and they love you they will allow.

... but if they insist you need to sit them down and let them explain their reasons to you.

in my experience about many things in life... do not overlook or discard the input of elders in matters.
Gone r d days wen religion is a barrier! Now it's denominations. Abeg, no b d same God dey dis churches ni? Ma dear, better accept d proposal
Re: Confused,need Help! by sinizia: 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
This what madness about denominations causes. Making people lose their life partners because of dumb reasons. Like pentecostal-pentecostal or Catholic-Catholic marriages are perfect marriages. Denominations can't determine a happy marriage!!

We need to drop this medieval belief. Well if na me, I will go ahead and marry a girl from another denomination from mine. Heaven won't fall. It's my life and choice!! My parents can't determine my wife for me.
Re: Confused,need Help! by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 12, 2015
OP...Pls let's know how the story went...Thanks!
Re: Confused,need Help! by passionate88: 7:21am On Mar 12, 2015
preciousan:
The whole issue really got me confused o,
Precious how far?, e work?
Re: Confused,need Help! by FLAWLES(f): 7:29am On Mar 12, 2015
Buh OP u din put d story well na; did yur parents ask u not to marry him?
Re: Confused,need Help! by Ojochegbe1(m): 7:40am On Mar 12, 2015
There's always a division btw catholic and Pentecostal tinz, just pray ur parent won't turn him down,
that is d first question they will ask him embarassed where do u worship if two of them disapprove it i'm sorry,
but if one of them support u, on the long run u will win.since u re not a catholic, it will be easy
but catholic parent don't allow their daughters to marry outsiders very rare dont ask me
Re: Confused,need Help! by preciousan(f): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
passionate88:
Precious how far?, e work?
yea,thanks .
Re: Confused,need Help! by preciousan(f): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
sorry for the late update they finally accepted,we're happily married now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Marriage Tips Every WIFE Needs To Hear / How Do I Stay Away From Doing It Without Losing Her? / Readers Respond:if Your Spouse Gives You Textbook As Val Gift How Will You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.