Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island (20676 Views)

Building Collapsed At Ebute Meta, Killing 6 / Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo / Office Space 20 Sqm & 30 Sqm Off Muri Okunola Street Victoria Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by alons: 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
wat if i say na end time tins?
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by matthew41(m): 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
tomakint: ...and they will continue to say, 'Eko oni ba je o' undecided even Maiduguri where Boko Haram is reigning building no dey fall per secs as this Lagos governed by these APC clowns.....toying with innocent lives! God is watching you Asiwaju, me sef dey watch you, even this goat sef dey.....
I no know when asiwaju turn bricklayer o...

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by topeorekoy(m): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by nerodenero: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
The thread is getting derailed.Thank God my own building under which I lay my head is still standing.Let me quickly drop message and say my goodnight before more tribalistic warlords invade the thread with senseless submissions.RIP to the dead.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by otijah(m): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ijebulogic: I saw a whole convoy of ambulances about two hours ago on Muri Okunola and was wondering what happened, so was hoping to get the full story on this thread, only to see some children arguing about Yoruba, ibo and Hausa. I mean...seriously?

Nairaland CEO (and moderators) - Kudos for taking Nairaland so far BUT it is really time for you to put a stop to the uncontrollable tribal rage that floods almost every thread nowadays.

Trust me, you can not build a long term sustainable social media business model by relying on traffic generated from hatred and tribal bias. Such minorities will generate good traffic in the short term but contribute very little to Nairaland in the long run. Sadly what I see is an excellent business model about to be destroyed by tribalism and bigotry. Nairaland Mods - zero tolerance on unwarranted tribal exchanges on Nairaland. Don't become a statistic of "great business ideas that failed" - There are plenty of case studies out there.

I will now go to another online forum to get info on the collapsed buildings.

wetin this one dey talk, Oga park well joor. How many sites do yu have? As u are going there. Don't think of returning cause u are already banned

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by slightlyMad(f): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
I can't afford to hang my LED TV on my wall for fear of it pulling down the wall.
same applies to all newly built houses.

Gov. Fashola, Please focus your attention to the concrete block industry,
The concrete blocks being sold these days are not different from eggs.
when they supply you, these guys hire the best handlers and yet, you will record a 5% broken blocks.

Same blocks earmarked for foundation.
those guys can produce 500 blocks from 1 bag of cement.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Uglyduckling: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ijebulogic: I saw a whole convoy of ambulances about two hours ago on Muri Okunola and was wondering what happened, so was hoping to get the full story on this thread, only to see some children arguing about Yoruba, ibo and Hausa. I mean...seriously?

Nairaland CEO (and moderators) - Kudos for taking Nairaland so far BUT it is really time for you to put a stop to the uncontrollable tribal rage that floods almost every thread nowadays.

Trust me, you can not build a long term sustainable social media business model by relying on traffic generated from hatred and tribal bias. Such minorities will generate good traffic in the short term but contribute very little to Nairaland in the long run. Sadly what I see is an excellent business model about to be destroyed by tribalism and bigotry. Nairaland Mods - zero tolerance on unwarranted tribal exchanges on Nairaland. Don't become a statistic of "great business ideas that failed" - There are plenty of case studies out there.

GBAM!!! Need I say more?

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by eye4eye: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
tomakint:
While I feel for the dead, I know you have no gumption! Must you quote me APC henchman? See me, see cinema shocked

Ori e ti daru! Ko baje fun e tebi tara, taya tomo! Ofo lomi efo nse, ofo loma se dale.

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by oluwashaddow(m): 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
ur family suppose dey among dos people,maybe u no go get time type rubbish
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Revolva(m): 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin fr victoria island again i think say people wey live there say na high brow...say na the ghetto areas of lag like musihin AJ ebutemetta agege na him house they always clollapse

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by hybeekay9: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
tomakint: ...and they will continue to say, 'Eko oni ba je o' undecided even Maiduguri where Boko Haram is reigning building no dey fall per secs as this Lagos governed by these APC clowns.....toying with innocent lives! God is watching you Asiwaju, me sef dey watch you, even this goat sef dey.....
Why can't you say something sensitive, we are not talking about politics or tribalism for God's sake, this is about "life" for crying out loud. May God refresh ur brain ooo. Is it Ashiwaju or BRF that build that house, if Fashola now says he wants to demolish those old houses you will say he's too cruel or heartless, now some house collapse and you are blaming APC or whatever. Mttcchhww.
EKO ONI BAJE!
Fashola, fresh!
Tinubu, fresh!
APC, fresh....
4GET THOSE HATERS JOOOR.... AWON SMELLOS!

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Arysexy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
pheesayor:
Buildings collapse all around the country, whats your obsession with Lagos and APC?

When a local govt building collapses, it speaks volume of the kind of govt in lagos. The building that collapsed belongs to ETI-OSA LOCAL GOVT. APC is as useless as a he-goat! This is d corruption we are talking about. who is d contractor handling this project? Lagos state and corruption are like yam and oil.

God save us from APC! bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by vicoloni(m): 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2013

Sad but true!
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by ogtavia(m): 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Well..this is what you get when u dnt put quality first...its a serious problem in the NCI...btw...Vitruvius says (paraphasing) ''Three parties are to be blamed/praised for a building project - The Architect(or designer),The Contractor (or builder) and The Client...one way or the other,one of them will be culpable in d longrun...its high time QC and QA is given a place of importance in the contruction process in Nigeria...nt just by visual supervision..all processes to satisfy quality assurance... this is sad.....http:///1eD0BOr...pls follow d link and sign up...if u wnt a little but honest money,give it a trial..bin trying it for a few days and i am up a few hundreds of dollars havent requested for a payout yet...try it out for urself.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
This is what happens when lands are too expensive, owner can't afford to hire professionals in planning and building because 80% of the fund has been used in purchasing the land. #Foolishness
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Arysexy(m): 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
hybeekay9:
Why can't you say something sensitive, we are not talking about politics or tribalism for God's sake, this is about "life" for crying out loud. May God refresh ur brain ooo. Is it Ashiwaju or BRF that build that house, if Fashola now says he wants to demolish those old houses you will say he's too cruel or heartless, now some house collapse and you are blaming APC or whatever. Mttcchhww.
EKO ONI BAJE!
Fashola, fresh!
Tinubu, fresh!
APC, fresh....
4GET THOSE HATERS JOOOR.... Awon SMELLOS! [b][/b]a

shut up! the building that collapsed is still under construction and it belongs to ETI-OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT VI. wot checks and balances did fashola put in place to monitor such sub-standard structures from been put up in lagos? And why must a local govt building in such a high brow area collapse if not for corruption. Tinubu quack contractors get contracts from these APC goons and do substandard jobs, now see d result of giving building contract to an NURTW APC tout.

APC killing people in Lagos through corruption. May the dead RIP

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nigerian govt na devil..dem go give one collect 50..most of dis are tins govt gave pple..if u inquire vry well..na wa oo
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by tatosh: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
How many storey buildings are in maiduguri you dumbdumb

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by victorv12(m): 1:21am On Nov 05, 2013
Most of the building materials they sell in Nigeria are fake. Or the builders are rationalizing materials to build. Again, most Nigerians doesn't conduct a soil/site review before they start constructing. It's not all land that's suitable for building house.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by saintdeby(m): 3:10am On Nov 05, 2013
ur surname is crictism, u cant do without critisize shame on u and ur family o.

3 Likes

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by agohavivi(f): 4:00am On Nov 05, 2013
@ijebulogic:  Thanks so much jare. Do you know for a long time I stopped visiting nairaland because of the tribalistic comments and e-fights that flooded her threads yet these e-wars still abound. Back to topic, I cant imagine why a building in the heart of V.I would be built without adhering to professional building ethics or built with substandard materials. Unfortunately for the owner of the building, he's going to lose his land to the state government.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Exponental(m): 5:07am On Nov 05, 2013
does tomakint (ur username) means retardeen? Ur post is d dumbest post for d year!
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by gurnam: 5:25am On Nov 05, 2013

I don't know why you've not been banned for single handedly derailing the thread.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by mmsen: 5:28am On Nov 05, 2013

Trust me, you can not build a long term sustainable social media business model by relying on traffic generated from hatred and tribal bias. Such minorities will generate good traffic in the short term but contribute very little to Nairaland in the long run.

Fear and hatred are great motivators/captivators, sadly.

Every major news agency has been built on peddling fear, scandal and malice.

You're dealing with human beings not logical automatons.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by riches5k: 5:50am On Nov 05, 2013
May God help us
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by hippyzuki(f): 5:51am On Nov 05, 2013
gurnam:

What do you expect?...

He is expecting his Ibo entourage to enter the thread and click the LIKE button knowing the profound penchant of his gullible crowd to enjoy anything that derides Tinubu ..Lagos..Fashola and APC.
shut up your smelling mouth and your smelling anus... Olodo y mention igbo land? Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by emmaelectelect(m): 6:09am On Nov 05, 2013

it will abate after 2015 election if it happens though and clear out somehow in 2019 when we start asking oppositions in all states what and how they will do differently from their current incumbents styles
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by patimore: 6:14am On Nov 05, 2013
Arysexy:

shut up! the building that collapsed is still under construction and it belongs to ETI-OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT VI. wot checks and balances did fashola put in place to monitor such sub-standard structures from been put up in lagos? And why must a local govt building in such a high brow area collapse if not for corruption. Tinubu quack contractors get contracts from these APC goons and do substandard jobs, now see d result of giving building contract to an NURTW APC tout.

APC killing people in Lagos through corruption. May the dead RIP
Bros you can lie for Africa o. The collapsed building is an uncompleted shopping mall beside Eti-Osa local government building. I am sure it is not the responsibility of local Government to inspect building projects, even if it is a nearby one.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Reference(m): 7:10am On Nov 05, 2013

They are not minorities whether on Nairaland or in Nigeria. This forum is a microcosum of the reality called Nigeria so instead of sweeping the problem under the carpet to fester it is better aired and tackled. Afterall I am dead certain your tribal buttons haven't been pressed yet that's why.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by frainc(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2013
OP, pls are you the doctor that confirm them dead?
let us give accurate report pls
i was there when it happend, infact i left the place 20:13 hrs
some labourers have died (yes)
many are seriously injured (yes)
more than 30 people are still traped inside (according to what i was told by one of the lucky labourer)

the building suppose to be seven storey but it collaps at fift storey
it was a sad story actualy,

i wish i wasn't there to witness that ugly scene
RIP to the dead
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by knowledge4(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2013
A building collapse is a man made problem.
I place the problem at the doorstep of the government department whose duty it is to enforce building guidelines.
Every building must have approved building plans and the building must conform to the approved building plan.
There is a government department that should monitor and ensure compliance. It is obvious that they are not alive to their duties.
Building collapse is becoming too many in Nigeria and we should go beyond arresting the owner and the contractor/developers.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Ishilove: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2013
Reference:

They are not minorities whether on Nairaland or in Nigeria. This forum is a microcosum of the reality called Nigeria so instead of sweeping the problem under the carpet to fester it is better aired and tackled. Afterall I am dead certain your tribal buttons haven't been pressed yet that's why.
True, but your 'tribal buttons' can only be pressed if you allow it. I for one try as much as possible to avoid all these very primitive and idiotic tribal confrontations that go on here on NL, but the few times I have been attacked, I just simple shook my head, amazed at the level of imbecility I was witnessing, and exited the thread. Shikena.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI / Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.