Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island (20679 Views)

Building Collapsed At Ebute Meta, Killing 6 / Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo / Office Space 20 Sqm & 30 Sqm Off Muri Okunola Street Victoria Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Omooba77: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2013
The building is the twin office building of Etiosa LGA ...........God will help us................
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by buoye1(m): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2013
Source!....Pictures!
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Articul8(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2013
Ijebulogic: I saw a whole convoy of ambulances about two hours ago on Muri Okunola and was wondering what happened, so was hoping to get the full story on this thread, only to see some children arguing about Yoruba, ibo and Hausa. I mean...seriously?

Nairaland CEO (and moderators) - Kudos for taking Nairaland so far BUT it is really time for you to put a stop to the uncontrollable tribal rage that floods almost every thread nowadays.

Trust me, you can not build a long term sustainable social media business model by relying on traffic generated from hatred and tribal bias. Such minorities will generate good traffic in the short term but contribute very little to Nairaland in the long run. Sadly what I see is an excellent business model about to be destroyed by tribalism and bigotry. Nairaland Mods - zero tolerance on unwarranted tribal exchanges on Nairaland. Don't become a statistic of "great business ideas that failed" - There are plenty of case studies out there.

I will now go to another online forum to get info on the collapsed buildings.

Very well said ijebu!
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Articul8(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2013
Ijebulogic: I saw a whole convoy of ambulances about two hours ago on Muri Okunola and was wondering what happened, so was hoping to get the full story on this thread, only to see some children arguing about Yoruba, ibo and Hausa. I mean...seriously?

Nairaland CEO (and moderators) - Kudos for taking Nairaland so far BUT it is really time for you to put a stop to the uncontrollable tribal rage that floods almost every thread nowadays.

Trust me, you can not build a long term sustainable social media business model by relying on traffic generated from hatred and tribal bias. Such minorities will generate good traffic in the short term but contribute very little to Nairaland in the long run. Sadly what I see is an excellent business model about to be destroyed by tribalism and bigotry. Nairaland Mods - zero tolerance on unwarranted tribal exchanges on Nairaland. Don't become a statistic of "great business ideas that failed" - There are plenty of case studies out there.

Very well said ijebu!
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Reference(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2013
nerodenero: The thread is getting derailed.Thank God my own building under which I lay my head is still standing.Let me quickly drop message and say my goodnight before more tribalistic warlords invade the thread with senseless submissions.RIP to the dead.

This is exactly what I am saying. Sectionalism is such a strong force in Nigeria that in EVERY aspect of life and living we have totally neglected ethics. Our faulty national foundation will not allow any other structure to stand (the test of time). It creates room for corruption. It undermines the kind of professionalism that will keep that building standing. It even undermines our ability to logically discourse on this forum. It ruins everything.

I am sure when you get to the bottom of the collapse you will find the weeds of nepotism and ethnic bias choking the system. "I/we only give jobs to those I/we know."

The solution that I have advocated for years is simple. We will let our society deteriorate to the point of realisation then we will fix it. When the COST of tribalism becomes to expensive to bear then we will find alternatives. It happened in America. It can happen here.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by gurnam: 7:43am On Nov 05, 2013
hippyzuki:
shut up your smelling mouth and your smelling anus... Olodo y mention igbo land? Ignoramus

The best optician will be helpless in your profound blindness....you must have been sniffing at your man stinking anus...perhaps...you've been rimming him too. Fool! I will make your life miserable in this community...I've marked you.

Where in my post did your blind sight figured out Igbo land! undecided

Mumu....you should be thrown to wild animals to make them happy for few hours.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Reference(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Ishilove:
True, but your 'tribal buttons' can only be pressed if you allow it. I for one try as much as possible to avoid all these very primitive and idiotic tribal confrontations that go on here on NL, but the few times I have been attacked, I just simple shook my head, amazed at the level of imbecility I was witnessing, and exited the thread. Shikena.

Fine. But then what becomes of the thread - it dies without logical discourse. What becomes of the government - corruption abounds. What becomes of the building - like the thread, it collapses. Tragedies occur when good people walk away. That building didn't collapse because there aren't good people but..

Anyway. Hi, how are you.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by tainot2002(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2013
tomakint: ...and they will continue to say, 'Eko oni ba je o' undecided even Maiduguri where Boko Haram is reigning building no dey fall per secs as this Lagos governed by these APC clowns.....toying with innocent lives! God is watching you Asiwaju, me sef dey watch you, even this goat sef dey.....

You must high on agbo-jedi for spitting rubbish to my governor!
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Reference(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2013
gurnam:

The best optician will be helpless in your profound blindness....you must have been sniffing at your man stinking anus...perhaps...you've been rimming him too. Fool! I will make your life miserable in this community...I've marked you.

Where in my post did your blind sight figured out Igbo land! undecided

Mumu....you should be thrown to wild animals to make them happy for few hours.

See what I mean. This is the way this country goes. Be it ASUU, plane crashes, pipeline vandalism, vote rigging, name it. It always ends this way. No solution.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by chuksme(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2013
Terrible, I saw it this morning as i was driving to work.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Holybishop007: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2013
[quote author=Ijebulogic]I saw a whole convoy of ambulances about two hours ago on Muri Okunola and was wondering what happened, so was hoping to get the full story on this thread, only to see some children arguing about Yoruba, ibo and Hausa. I mean...seriously?

To a great extent, I marvel at the rate of hatred harboured against one another by the Youths of this Country. If we don't stop the hate against one another, we can and will never attained our desired places of repute on the world stage and class. The rate of Xenophobic attitude towards ourselves as Nigerians is so unwarranted. I think OP should moderate comments more these days.

There are lots of circumstances that warrant a building to collapse..... Those who don't have any knowledge about Building, Structural, Civil Engineering and Technologies should in the future apply reason when commenting on a Topic as this. Y'all have a great day. May the Souls of the departed rest in Peace and May God comfort and console those who are bereaved. Amen. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by maddman: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2013
all these are signs of end time palava
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Mustay(m): 8:51am On Nov 05, 2013
Ijebulogic:

Well said. Without effective moderation, there'll be turn away. People tend to abuse freedom and anonymity. Most reputable news sites monitor comments not necessarily because of suppressing opinions but to make commenters face the issues and avoid unnecessary digression from the topic.

Punch Online was a replica of this before they started using Disqus plug-in. Basically, sensible people will only want to see constructive criticism, analyses and dialogue.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Ishilove: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Reference:

Fine. But then what becomes of the thread - it dies without logical discourse. What becomes of the government - corruption abounds. What becomes of the building - like the thread, it collapses. Tragedies occur when good people walk away. That building didn't collapse because there aren't good people but..

Anyway. Hi, how are you.
Fine fine. And you? You are scarce in these parts smiley
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Reference(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Fine fine. And you? You are scarce in these parts smiley

I'm okay. I read a lot when I can but like you said cannot contribute effectively due to the obvious. Its wrong, doesn't help but.... Have a lovely day.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by lonelydora: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2013
Quack engineers everywhere! Brick-layers dis days claims to be engineers
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by afolayangs(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2013
tomakint: ...and they will continue to say, 'Eko oni ba je o' undecided even Maiduguri where Boko Haram is reigning building no dey fall per secs as this Lagos governed by these APC clowns.....toying with innocent lives! God is watching you Asiwaju, me sef dey watch you, even this goat sef dey.....

u just a political idiot. count political party out of it
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by stonefaze: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2013
lonelydora: Quack engineers everywhere! Brick-layers dis days claims to be engineers

Bros,well said.they argue so much about how long they have been building.some will even say before you were born,they have been building.SMH.RIP to thedead.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Onegai(f): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2013
There's so much wrong with Nigeria: Tribalism, Nepotism, Get-rich-quick mentality, Turn-everything-into-a-business mentality, Cutting Corners and Hypocrisy.

A few weeks ago, a friend and I were at the site of his new office space, building almost complete. An inspector from Lagos State Government showed up, to inspect. He then offered to sell the Fire Safety equipment and fireproof doors to us. An inspector or any quality control officer should NOT sell anything to you, as it creates an avenue for cutting corners: if we buy from him, he gives us LASG Min of Works approval for our building, irrespective of nonsense like shoddy building materials, poor construction or whatever being done. I've worked for LASG, I can assure you they all pull stunt, even outside Lagos, ministry workers "supplement" their income in this manner. It doesn't matter if their product is good, they turn a blind eye to whatever else is bad in what they're inspecting, so as to make a sale. And we all die for our greed and wonder whom to blame. Save your prayers for yourself, as God sees Nigerians all, for what we really are: Not a good people.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by nerodenero: 10:32am On Nov 05, 2013
otijah: wetin this one dey talk, Oga park well joor. How many sites do yu have? As u are going there. Don't think of returning cause u are already banned
She stated the obvious and your d.ick head had nothing to say than this trash!! You are one of the numerous here who see nothing good when meaningful submissions are being passed. Quit this mentality lest it sends you to your untimely grave. Ode buruku!
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by chiefarian47(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2013
[/b][b]
Building collapse can't be avoided in Nigeria as a result of the following reasons
A. Unrightful handling of Contract or Building Project

B. Material selection is alway below standard as a result of corruption i.e where you are to use an iron rod of 6mm our builder's wil prefer to use 4mm.

C. wrong Ratio in mixing 1:2:4

D. Lack of proper supervision both on the mason

E. Blocks below the recommended standard from SON

F.Type of foundation. Imagine strip foundation for a Story building, what do you expect?

G. Soil type. On this the Engineer should enlighted the project owner on what can be erected and if what was in the drawing is what he/she want tell he/she what it entails for future refrence.

If our builder's can do this am sure it wil reduce building collapse in our nation.

Building collapse can't be avoided in Nigeria as a result of the following reasons

B. Material selection is alway below standard as a result of corruption i.e where you are to use an iron rod of 6mm our builder's wil prefer to use 4mm.

F.Type of foundation. Imagine strip foundation for a Story building, what do you expect?

G. Soil type. On this the Engineer should enlighted the project owner on what can be erected and if what was in the drawing is what he/she want tell he/she what it entails for future refrence.

If our builder's can do this am sure it wil reduce building collapse in our nation.

Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Omooba77: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2013
chiefarian47: [/b][b]

If the builders/construction companies are made to pay heavy fine and even sent to jail; all these nonsense would have been abated. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by cocobabe(f): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2013
gurnam:

What do you expect?...

He is expecting his Ibo entourage to enter the thread and click the LIKE button knowing the profound penchant of his gullible crowd to enjoy anything that derides Tinubu ..Lagos..Fashola and APC.

na wah o shocked
una too like to take things p..........instead of u to worry bout peeps that lost their lives ur here worrying bout billionaires that dont even know you exist cool
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2013
pheesayor:

The funny thing is 5he building might belong to an igbo man. It is an uncompleted building by the way and I heard no life was lost as against what the OP posted.
Issues shouldn't be tribalised though, e nor good ooooo
igbos don't build houses with cheap materials,we bring our house plans from taiwan china singapore and equipments from japan if u tink say na lie go into eastern villages
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by anonimi: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
Omooba77: The building is the twin office building of Etiosa LGA ...........God will help us................

Can this be true- office building of the LGA
So who will monitor and ensure compliance to building safety standards in the area?
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by Pataki: 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Quite glaring that you are an utterly despicable being.

So it was APC who built the building or perhaps Tinubu was the structural engineer for that building many years ago?!

If your community knew you were this outrightly stewpeed, why didn't they chain you down? Or are you suffering from occasional madness?
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by 11emmy(m): 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
coolMay God help us in naija Oº°˚ [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by horlah005: 9:18am On Nov 06, 2013
sCun: Lagos na wa! Plane crash, building collapse etc etc.
APC = A Plane Crash
A property Collapse

Listen 2urself..... U better stop dis madness b4 dat madness turn u 2a waif! ***split***
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by nairamaniac: 11:02am On Nov 07, 2013
which one be "even this goat sef dey watch u"? No be u be the goat
Re: Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island by tomakint: 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
eye4eye:

Ori emi eye4eye ti daru laiye ti mo wa! Ko baje fun emi tebi tara mi, taya tomo mi! Ofo lomi efo nse, ofo ni e mi eye4eye ma se ti ti dale aye mi.
Amin ni oruko Jesu! Daaju daju, bi arigi ba segi, ori ara e lo ma n fi rugi naa, bee ge ni koru fun iwo arakunkunrin akindani dani yii, gegebi oti fi enu re gbe kooto saare ara re!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House / I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.