Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service (33966 Views)

Glo Slashes Call Tariff / Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? / Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by erad(m): 4:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nigerians and the "awoof" mentality. We'll go to any length, even pay a greater price on the long run just to make sure we don't acquire a service the proper way.

The main reason people don't like glo is just because they have very tight security and their BIS service can't be used with any other device. I applaud them for that. We don't always have to look for short-cuts and illegal ways to acquire things.

That's why the white race will always be superior, the greater number of them will pay appropriately for services being enjoyed and only a few bad eggs go about looking for short-cuts the way most Nigerians do with pride.

Let's change our mentality, pay for services enjoyed. How do you discipline your kids and younger ones when they involved in illegal things. You might have unconciously given them your approval from your own actions.

This isn't the government destroying our nation, this is our mentality leading us to our ruin. Change yourself, preach change to your neighbour and trust me, the government will get the message.

1 Like

Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by Albedo27(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
What's d code pls cos i want 2 use in my modem?
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by chenu(m): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
erad: Nigerians and the "awoof" mentality. We'll go to any length, even pay a greater price on the long run just to make sure we don't acquire a service the proper way.

The main reason people don't like glo is just because they have very tight security and their BIS service can't be used with any other device. I applaud them for that. We don't always have to look for short-cuts and illegal ways to acquire things.

That's why the white race will always be superior, the greater number of them will pay appropriately for services being enjoyed and only a few bad eggs go about looking for short-cuts the way most Nigerians do with pride.

Let's change our mentality, pay for services enjoyed. How do you discipline your kids and younger ones when they involved in illegal things. You might have unconciously given them your approval from your own actions.

This isn't the government destroying our nation, this is our mentality leading us to our ruin. Change yourself, preach change to your neighbour and trust me, the government will get the message.
are android user using d bis for free? Guy u d think so.

5 Likes

Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by LadyH(f): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
IZUKWU: Does it work on android phones
lol. i knew i was gon c dis question..
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by ignis: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
The faster they make it available on android platform, the better for them.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by LadyH(f): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Alchemy:

Which android?? the glorified china fone? anyway i was using android fone b4 selling it 2 buy BB n am enjoyin ma BB dan dat china fone called android. Thanks
Dolapo!
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by havilaLAGOS: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
still rocking my Airtel 3k for 6 GB on android and PC. Wetin I need glo for... till when the bis works on android or sometin berra

2 Likes

Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by bola4dprec(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Omojayejaye: Buy airtel 1500
Send *440*16#
You will be credited 2gb
Dats all
glo 1k 3GB for one month rocks on pc
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by bola4dprec(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
sultanemerald:

what are the values of a blackberry over other devices?
Technically BB is a superb device coming to data cap I enjoyed for BB subscription on PC for real 1K = 3GB for one month usable on pc for sure
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by coolest01(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
bola4dprec: glo 1k 3GB for one month rocks on pc
wow, seriously?that's the bb10 sub now...i knew it was gonna work...i need confirmation...cos i'd like to use it on my android
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by coolest01(m): 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
Alchemy:

Which android?? the glorified china fone? anyway i was using android fone b4 selling it 2 buy BB n am enjoyin ma BB dan dat china fone called android. Thanks
is android a phone or an operating system that phones like sony,samsung,htc,lg and the rest operate on?get enlightened and stop talking like an illiterate
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by fabolakers(m): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
bola4dprec: I consumed 3GB within 7days without any hindrance if other BB users can emulate me believe me GLO and other providers were in trouble 3GB @ rate of #1000 life is so sweet
I consumed 9GB within a month. GLO has the best BIS plan for BB users. MTN is just 2GB and they don't show you your remaining Data.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by importexpert(m): 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by Lero15(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Goldenheart: This is crazy
I just subscribed Airtel 2GB for 1500. On Android device. The network is so poor n too slow around here.
I use Etisalat #2000, for 650Mb until my sim registration got expired
Mtn scooped my 1300 for 365mb.
Naturally, i just hate glo © 2005

Blackberry is dead. Someone get that into their skull. they don't need datas. angry

I feed on data. angry undecided
bros same here...airtel network sucks these days. Let us beg mtn to make their bis work on android ooo
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by stanjohn57: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
Please people, am having a serious issue with GLO BIS. Since after my BIS was auto renewed on saturday, my BBM messages on my Blackberry 9900 to some contacts has not been delivering though I receive messages from same contacts and can send to others.
I have called 333 help line but they seem at lost with my case.
Please what could be the cause and the remedy to such?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by luluosas(m): 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
deejay_harry1: if it aint for android?? it aint bout nothing......
And yet, you keep abusing BB users whereas, you are jealous of their flexible and cheap data services, as against our expensive Android data services.
Bear the pain jor, after all nobody forced you to buy an Android device. Thank you.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by luluosas(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
sarajevo: They should slash that of BB 10 users too na
Go back and read the news again please. Thank you.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by Vicilo(m): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
Glo suks , bb is annoying
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by luluosas(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
ignis: The faster they make it available on android platform, the better for them.
No, the faster you get a BB phone, the better for you.
For the avoidance of doubt, I use a Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS Android phone, and I don't subscribe for any data plan, as my Glo Bounce free data is enough for me. Thank you.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by luluosas(m): 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
bola4dprec: glo 1k 3GB for one month rocks on pc
Chairman, abeg, no let people start building on hope that this may be working on Android phones too. Don't let them lose their money like the last time please. Thank you.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
glo abegi go sleep still dey enjoy my airtel
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by sunex: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Goldenheart: This is crazy
I just subscribed Airtel 2GB for 1500. On Android device. The network is so poor n too slow around here.
I use Etisalat #2000, for 650Mb until my sim registration got expired
Mtn scooped my 1300 for 365mb.
Naturally, i just hate glo © 2005

Blackberry is dead. Someone get that into their skull. they don't need datas. angry

I feed on data. angry undecided

U be omo baba olowo ooo..
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by Incrizz(f): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
olahero: it's only YOU that knows about security thing in it, 0.0% out of 100% users,
Looka you.
Oh! So, you think it's everyone who gets a phone for the sake of getting a phone??
Take a step outta your circle of friends for a moment will ya?
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by luluosas(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
odzey:
Well, I guess you don't use mtn network on your bb. What am saying is that mtn 1k monthly bb suscription has a data cap of 250mb. But if u don't believe me, you can call mtn customer care to confirm, or better still ask people around, you can even ask Nairalanders sef.
I believe you jor. The second to the last subscription I did on MTN BIS before they blocked their BIS on Android devices is a pointer to this. Imagine me that does not download anything, apart from visiting nairaland, Facebook, Google+ and blog on my phone, was disconnected within 3 weeks, with the excuse that I have exhausted my fair data usage, even though you can't see your data balance in the first place.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by fiizznation: 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
yeah is a gud news for the folks jst hearing bout it..

am using both bb phone and a android device ( sony xperia precisely) .. but jeez i luv my bb more dan d android bcuz of the cheap data they enjoy... the security is anoda different thing, best.. anyway android devices hav nice games.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by bendike: 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Alchemy:

lol. what a funny guy..
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by akpos4uall(m): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
odzey:
Well, I guess you don't use mtn network on your bb. What am saying is that mtn 1k monthly bb suscription has a data cap of 250mb. But if u don't believe me, you can call mtn customer care to confirm, or better still ask people around, you can even ask Nairalanders sef.

That is not true unless they've changed it. 1k for 250MB is not a bb plan but a normal data plan that can be used on any device.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
havilaLAGOS: still rocking my Airtel 3k for 6 GB on android and PC. Wetin I need glo for... till when the bis works on android or sometin berra

bros no vex fastly pasting the code, i needed it now now.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by godwinony(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
fabolakers:
I consumed 9GB within a month. GLO has the best BIS plan for BB users. MTN is just 2GB and they don't show you your remaining Data.
Speak only what you are sure of..previously with N100 daily mtn bis i used to use over 7gig a day on downloads on my android..especially saturdays, live epl streaming.
Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
At the moment, this is not confirmed yet or not effective.
Just spoke to a customer care rep and she said there's nothing of such(in an annoying tone sef)

1 Like

Re: Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
erad: Nigerians and the "awoof" mentality. We'll go to any length, even pay a greater price on the long run just to make sure we don't acquire a service the proper way.

oboy, na naija we dey, no be US, these ISPs na criminals, so save this grammar ov yours, smiley wink tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 / Any Experiencing Glo Bad Network??? / SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.