Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency (2196 Views)

Nigeria's Missing Budget; A Grand Conspiracy Against The Change System / ISIS Release New Video In English List 60 Countries As 'coalition Of The Devils' / Touching Real-life Stories From 2,000 Women And Men In 60 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
chreld_b: Nigeria is not on this list because English is the official language of Nigeria. In other words, the sixty countries listed are not on the same league as Nigeria in terms of English proficiency. You would observe that non of the countries listed have English language as their official of first language. If not this list would mean that those listed countries are more proficient in English than countries like U.S.A, Canada, Australia, South Africa and even UK. tongue. Don't get yourselves worked up people! We are not on their level. Listing Nigeria in that category of nations in terms of English proficiency is actually an insult.

See the list of countries again and see how many of them have English as their official language like Nigeria.
PLEASE, READ BEFORE COMMENTING! angry
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by drnoel: 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Did u see uk, usa, ireland ans Scotland on that list. If not, then why do u think nigeria would be there?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by abbakacici: 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Orikinla:

From the terrible use of English I see in comments on Nairaland, I am not surprised.
yes he/she use of english words is terrible , but pls have you ever heard a libyan or Iranian spoken before, in almost 60% of people in almost all countries mention don't understand english lang , if you dont believe me ask nigerians in malaysia

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by abbakacici: 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
Orikinla:

See the list of countries again and see how many of them have English as their official language like Nigeria.
PLEASE, READ BEFORE COMMENTING! angry
english is not the official language of Singapore is their national lang that is all official documents written in a non-English official language such as Chinese, Malay or Tamil typically have to be translated into English to be accepted for submission for court purpose . The Constitution of Singapore and all laws are written in English as nigerians Singaporeans are bilingual in English and another official language that are Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil and for Malaysia The official language of Malaysia is Malaysian, a standardised form of the Malay language yes i know english remains an active second language, with its use allowed for some official purposes under the National Language act 1967,[186] and serves as the medium of instruction for maths and sciences in all public schools. Malaysian English, also known as Malaysian Standard English, is a form of English derived from British English. Malaysian English is widely used in business, along with Manglish, which is a colloquial form of English with heavy Malay, Chinese, and Tamil influences (pls dont tell us this is not the same with pig in english )
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by Polio: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2013
solomon111: Why should anyone be bothered about english proficiency in Nigeria?
Are we still a british colony.?

You should be ashamed of yourself!
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by Polio: 7:15am On Nov 06, 2013
abbakacici: yes he/she use of english words is terrible , but pls have you ever heard a libyan or Iranian spoken before, in almost 60% of people in almost all countries mention don't understand english lang , if you dont believe me ask nigerians in malaysia

You are one of the reasons Nigeria is missing in the rankings

"Have you every heard a Libyan or Iranian spoken before?" shocked

Fuc..king terrible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by iconaus: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2013
eye4eye: This can't be accurate. Nigeria and Ghana should be in top five.

I agree 100%
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by collynzo2(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2013
That list is obviously made up of countries that do not have English as their official language.
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by Ugom38(f): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2013
well i dont care so long as you understand wot am trying to say besides we are trying because it is our 2nd or 3rd language
am perfecting my igbo for now cheesy cheesy
by the way how many of the whites care to learn igbo,hausa and yoruba?.mtchewwwww
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by RockMaxi: 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rubbish and ingredients..
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by vizboy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
make una dey here dey kill una self over english.
When we dey try make we expand our pigin english teritories.
Re: Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency by drnoel: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
icon aus:

I agree 100%
If only u knew better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honourable, Distinguished, Excellency / IMMIGRATION SCAM: (PHOTOS) Join the Online Protest Against Jonathan And Aba Moro / Gej Commisioning Train In Gombe--- Channels Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.