Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 - Sports (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (154266 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
Presbulg:

wetin you dey talk??
Some this kids dey ss3 and awoniyi wrote waec this year
Isn't it rather ironic that African countries keep winning these youth competitions over and over again and yet have never been able to replicate these victories at the senior level? Same reason why these players fizzle into obscurity shortly after winning these competitions. Its cos they're old! Let's not all forget what Partizan belgrade said about Taribo west's age. The main reason for these youth competitions is to raise and identify future talent and not the trophies. Its a concept Africans are yet to understand. So while the rest of the world continues using these competitions to build future teams that will be successful later on, we can continue winning them with old men that will surely fizzle out in a few years.

4 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by bacco2000(m): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
But why the spray wey dem spray us come small like that, shey dem beef us say na we carry cup ni abi na wetin dem go spray Mexico be that if they emerged the winner. Did anyone noticed that?

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
these boys deserve a national recognition.... they are simply outstanding....abeg we need iheanacho at barca...congrats boys
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by lertee(f): 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sampdoria, Lazio and Roma(Italy), and Sporting Lisbon(Portugal) are set to table their bids for Chidera Ezeh. The first time we'll parade those who r relatively young

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by airmark(m): 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nice game by the kids. Congrats Nigeria
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by JOYCEOUS(f): 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
Judek2: I thank God we won the trophy.. It wasn't easy..

I'm afraid of coming home because our Naija girls can commit suicide because of me, even now, my inbox is filled with messages from different girls, most of which I don't even know, and I wonder how they got my number..

I'm so proud to be a Nigerian tonight, and God bless you all for your support.

I gotta go now, these Arab girls are all calling me left and right, and they are so hot, may God save me.. *party tins*

Wake up bro! It's time for dinner.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by alfredo4u(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
NEPA just take my phone light nowwwwwww

Who get extra battery I beg. Send it to Alfredo@nairaland.com
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by isalegan2: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Great Fantastic stupendous news to hear! cheesy
Clear and convincing wins at all levels! cool

I heart these kids! smiley
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Arlex(m): 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
bacco2000: But why the spray wey dem spray us come small like that, shey dem beef us say na we carry cup ni abi na wetin dem go spray Mexico be that if they emerged the winner. Did anyone noticed that?
No mind dem jare,dat won na their problem.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by vanstanzy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Isn't it rather ironic that African countries keep winning these youth competitions over and over again and yet have never been able to replicate these victories at the senior level? Same reason why these players fizzle into obscurity shortly after winning these competitions. Its cos they're old! Let's not all forget what Partizan belgrade said about Taribo west's age. The main reason for these youth competitions is to raise and identify future talent and not the trophies. Its a concept Africans are yet to understand. So while the rest of the world continues using these competitions to build future teams that will be successful later on, we can continue winning them with old men that will surely fizzle out in a few years.
What da heck r u saying? Do u hate progress that much?
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by dominique(f): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
bacco2000: But why the spray wey dem spray us come small like that, shey dem beef us say na we carry cup ni abi na wetin dem go spray Mexico be that if they emerged the winner. Did anyone noticed that?

Lols, I pointed that out to my hubby too. The confetti is supposed to be the country colour but I saw pieces of red in the ones sprayed (maybe they only made plans for Mexico). Na dem sabi, God pass them.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by andyanders: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:

Well, I think that this present crop of players are 200% younger than what we have been presenting in the past and if they can remove ego attitude and concentrate on their career, they will go far.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by vanstanzy(m): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
I tot i was d only one dat noticed dat lil' spray.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by jayjam(m): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
FACT:Nigeria has won more trophies than Arsenal in the last 8yrz

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
vanstanzy:
What da heck r u saying? Do u hate progress that much?
Yes Mr typical Nigerian, I hate wuruwuru progress.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by dominique(f): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:

I'm convinced you didn't watch any of the matches cos if you did you won't be saying this. I also expected to see old men but when I saw them I was like shocked these boys are really young! They can't possibly be up to 20. Did you not see beard stubble on a mexican player? You want to tell me that's under 17 too? Yes some of them will still fizzle, but it won't be cos they were age cheats. More cos of lack of opportunity.

8 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by solelymade: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
Allah is the greatest!!! Thanks Eaglet wishing u repeat dis feat at under20s in 2 years tym
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by donphilopus: 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
Bvesan:
Chrisantus played for Hamburg against Barça in 2012 and he looked 30 rather than 22.
grin grin grin grin grin An Average Super Eagles player is not less than 30yrs, including Mikel, but they would claim to be 25 and 26years old
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Abdoolhafeez: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
what impress me more is d team make up and combination, players from every part of d country have been involve, no sentiment in d selection and everybody is happy with d team, this is d best seletion nigeria ever made from d history of football where hausa, yoruba, igbo are almost @equal percentage, i hope it will soon be applied t super eagles, thumb up for them
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
dominique:

I'm convinced you didn't watch any of the matches cos if you did you won't be saying this. I also expected to see old men but when I saw them I was like shocked these boys are really young! They can't possibly be up to 20. Did you not see beard stubble on a mexican player? You want to tell me that's under 17 too? Yes some of them will still fizzle, but it won't be cos they were age cheats. More cos of lack of opportunity.
LOL u think? Anyhow we'll let posterity be d judge sha. They'll surely end up like the rest. Precedence will prevail. ask d 'youngish lookin' femi opabunmi or macaulay chrisantus or 'little Messi'
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Jamaticulus(m): 8:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
IHEANACHO OVER MATA!!!
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by lexyman(m): 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:

I will agree with u to an extent , but playing at the senior level lies on so many factors : some times it"s not d age that is the determining factor , the choice of club at the youth level has a whole lot of role to play in the future of d "born star " also" luck" is another thing to consider . The NFF has a whole lot of work to do if they want to see these set of guys in the coming future , our managerial system of the local league need to be put on check

In order words I am not in support of age cheat but u can see for ur self that these set of boys are at their very tender age don't look at their stature but their attitudes and utterances that alone will give u a slight info about their age ...MRI scan also proves their age ... Congratulations the golden Eaglet !
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
LOL u think? Anyhow we'll let posterity be d judge sha. They'll surely end up like the rest. Precedence will prevail. ask d 'youngish lookin' femi opabunmi or macaulay chrisantus or 'little Messi'

Is it Chidera Ezeh that just finished waec that is over aged or the chigozie in SS1 or Iheanacho that came from the under 13s or Makanjuola that joined chealsea at 11. Do a little research. You will find out that most of the boys are in secondary or just graduated. Many of them are on facebook.

Some might fade away but it is not because of age.

4 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Tobenia(f): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
Am Happy
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by ckkris: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Isn't it rather ironic that African countries keep winning these youth competitions over and over again and yet have never been able to replicate these victories at the senior level?
Same reason Nigeria doesn't produce sufficient electricity. Not because there's no money to invest, or no engineers. If you live in Nigeria you will understand that Nigeria has the resources , and the players to win the senior world cup.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Mackie1(m): 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
jayjam: FACT:Nigeria has won more trophies than Arsenal in the last 8yrz
DUDE you are joking right? when you say "trophies" and arsenal it can only imply to afcon and u17 right? and that's makes 3. in arsenals point of view, they Wetin Emirates almost every year and their junior team once in 2, Ladies uhhhh every year unbeaten.top that..

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
lexyman:

I will agree with u to an extent , but playing at the senior level lies on so many factors : some times it"s not d age that is the determining factor , the choice of club at the youth level has a whole lot of role to play in the future of d "born star " also" luck" is another thing to consider . The NFF has a whole lot of work to do if they want to see these set of guys in the coming future , our managerial system of the local league need to be put on check

In order words I am not in support of age cheat but u can see for ur self that these set of boys are at their very tender age don't look at their stature but their attitudes and utterances that alone will give u a slight info about their age ...MRI scan also proves their age ... Congratulations the golden Eaglet !
azzin eh. Stature aside, though they look young. These boys act like kids, the way they were going 'i love you mummy and daddy', the way they danced, there was NOTHING mature about that. Sweden's Berisha had 'MATURE DUDE' written all over him. I mean even the way the guy dey waka, na adult waka be that. Our boys act just like boys do.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Some nigerians are just disgusting.You think u've talked sense.But everything u've written is dumb and foolish.You wont ever accept change.Look at d faces of dese boys,do dey look like christantus, or akinsola or haruna in 2007??.Do dey look lyk Kanu and oruma in 1993.
It is People like u dat are bringing nigeria down.People like u dont believe nigeria can ever be succesful without cheating.
Some nigerians would never ever be satisfied.Even if we used 5yr olds,foolish people like u would still murmur,becos u were born to murmur.
If u look at dis set and u cant see a huge difference in dem compared to other past sets,if u cant see a difference,then u must be suffering from partial blindness and need 2 visit an optician.
Have u heard their interviews,Have u ever heard dem speak ??.If u have u wouldnt be spouting all dese gibberish,cos they speak like kids,they act like kids and look like kids.
We've been cheating in d past,i hated it and was dissapointed.But when there is an obvious positive change like dese victorious boys,i recognize it and aknowledge it and not downplay it like u ignorant nigerians.
We say its corrupt leaders dat are destroying dis country,but Ignorant nigerians lyk u play a part.Cos u dont believe ur country can change.Even when dere is change,u wont recognize and acknowledge it,instead u downplay it.
I didnt abuse u,just saying d fact.

8 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Birikiti: I believe posters should be objective and know facts behind a story before coming out with categorical statements!

1) This set of Eaglets is a result of long term planning that started 3 years ago with the NFF assembling a National U-13 team.

2) Many of these guys have been together in different academies across the country since then. Some have gone out to play in Youth tournaments in SA, Europe and Asia over the years.

3) The coaches Manu, Amunike, Ugbade and Amadi started screening 2 years ago. Many of these guys had to take leaves of absence to go for school exams, in fact, most of them just wrote the last SSCE exams.

4) MRI tests were carried out at several stages and I can categorically say that up to 8 key players were dropped because they were on the borderline of the MRI results. Now the MRI is not an absolute test as even trialists like 16 year old Abuchi Obinwa, who was born and brought up in the USA failed the test.

5) We need to appreciate the work the coaches have put in the team even in the face of disqualification of so many key players. We have not seen such a free scoring Nigerian side since Japan 93 which we know was populated by relatively "older" and more experienced U-17s (lol).

6) I believe this team is a foundation for Nigerian domination of World football in the not too distant future! If they are well managed and nutured, with clubs that have a history of youth development taking most of them... then I can wager that Nigeria will win the World Cup in Qatar 2022 (8 years from now) all other things (like good administration/ adequate government backing) being equal

7) In addition to the more visible prospect, Success, Ihenacho, Yahaya, Mohammed (capt) I would like to point out the tireless workers in the team; the 2 central defenders Zaharadin Bello and Abubakar as well as pit-bull defensive midfielder Akinjide Idowu as massive prospects in this team.

cool I wish the team would win the cup but in-experience and youth exuberance might be critical factors. Notwithstanding, the boys are the future of Nigerian football irrespective of the outcome of this tournament.

9) Lastly, has anyone noticed that almost every part of Nigeria is represented in this team? And before folks shout federal character policy, everyone has acquitted themselves well showing they all deserved their places! It goes to show that Nigeria's diversity is a strength we should build on to become a world super power. Let us not allow politicians divide us, together we can make Nigeria take a place of pride in the comity of nations!

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
safarigirl: azzin eh. Stature aside, though they look young. These boys act like kids, the way they were going 'i love you mummy and daddy', the way they danced, there was NOTHING mature about that. Sweden's Berisha had 'MATURE DUDE' written all over him. I mean even the way the guy dey waka, na adult waka be that. Our boys act just like boys do.
I luv u mummy kor....na wetin dem dey take use determine age? All d so-called small boys that won d previous ones for Nigeria, shey they didn't act the part?
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by bizibrain(m): 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
U ar trying 2 say dis guyz ar agemate of mikel, ideye,moses, emenike and omeruo. Wise up dude even moses a 23 year old footballer look like a 26years old youngman.
Must dis guyz look like a 10 year old kid b4 u could beleive in technology. Even if Nigeria gives a false age, can technology lie or does technology av special intrest in Nigeria dat will make technology 2 give false age impression after wrist-plate scanning. Dont u no dis guy dont promote 2 super eagle just because our country is poor in utilizing talent. Haruna in 2009 squad is yet 2 b in super eagle team and yet he still play football in EPL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 / Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.