Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,868 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 - Sports (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (154240 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION, NFF U-13 PROGRAMME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVHA1yfGac&
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
naija noni:
Some nigerians are just disgusting.You think u've talked sense.But everything u've written is dumb and foolish.You wont ever accept change.Look at d faces of dese boys,do dey look like christantus, or akinsola or haruna in 2007??.Do dey look lyk Kanu and oruma in 1993.
It is People like u dat are bringing nigeria down.People like u dont believe nigeria can ever be succesful without cheating.
Some nigerians would never ever be satisfied.Even if we used 5yr olds,foolish people like u would still murmur,becos u were born to murmur.
If u look at dis set and u cant see a huge difference in dem compared to other past sets,if u cant see a difference,then u must be suffering from partial blindness and need 2 visit an optician.
Have u heard their interviews,Have u ever heard dem speak ??.If u have u wouldnt be spouting all dese gibberish,cos they speak like kids,they act like kids and look like kids.
We've been cheating in d past,i hated it and was dissapointed.But when there is an obvious positive change like dese victorious boys,i recognize it and aknowledge it and not downplay it like u ignorant nigerians.
We say its corrupt leaders dat are destroying dis country,but Ignorant nigerians lyk u play a part.Cos u dont believe ur country can change.Even when dere is change,u wont recognize and acknowledge it,instead u downplay it.
I didnt abuse u,just saying d fact.
Choi! U didn't abuse me? Blind, dumb, foolish?? Ur as honest and truthful as d birth certificates of the golden eaglets
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Err...those guys look relatively young except the GK and Mohammed.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
tbaba1234: NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION, NFF U-13 PROGRAMME

Boi, the little man that went past two players before lobbing the ball over the GK is one hell of a player.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
shymexx:

Boi, the little man that went past two players before lobbing the ball over the GK is one hell of a player.

Yep, hopefully we will be seeing him soon
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
I luv u mummy kor....na wetin dem dey take use determine age? All d so-called small boys that won d previous ones for Nigeria, shey they didn't act the part?
You must be suffering from blindness or u probably didnt watch dem to compare dem to d previous sets.
Didnt u hear dat many of dese boys are secondary school students ??.
And to say d past U/17s fizzle out.
Onazi,omeruo,Mikel,Ideye,Echiejile,taiwo,obasi,Kanu,oruma and many more came 4rm where ??.U/17s.
All players 4rm one set cant go on to have a great career.
Of d spanish 2007 set dat lost 2 nigeria at d finals,only de gea is playing top level football,d rest of dem including bojan,marcheda have all fizzled out.By ur logic,i guess dey were age-cheats too.
Apart 4rm kroos,name anoda german 4rm d 2007 set dat is still shinning ??.I guess dey were age cheats too.Mumu

8 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Choi! U didn't abuse me? Blind, dumb, foolish?? Ur as honest and truthful as d birth certificates of the golden eaglets
Thats d truth.Cos dats what u are.
And ur reply justifies dat.U obviously dont have any sensible thing to say.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Judek2(m): 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
JOYCEOUS:
Wake up bro! It's time for dinner.

Was I actually dreaming cry
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
tbaba1234:

Yep, hopefully we will be seeing him soon

Yes Sir!!

Young Zizou right there with the double-leg spin move trick.

I just hope they can work on these guys' technical abilities on the defence from a young age because it seems Nigerian players aren't good against dead-balls. And it isn't just this team - the super eagles players as well.

I'm loving the catch-them-young thing. That's how to build a team.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
I luv u mummy kor....na wetin dem dey take use determine age? All d so-called small boys that won d previous ones for Nigeria, shey they didn't act the part?
you're just a frustrated soul. It must suck to have zero achievements when kids you can father have conquered the world. Like I said to the frustrated loser before you. E no hard to kick ball, kwukwu take advantage of the fact that it's old men your age that rep us, shave your beard wella, then re-arrange your baritone voice, don't forget to wax the hair on your arms and legs then you can make the next U-17 team in 2 years, don't forget to shout 'mummy' at the camera, ok?

9 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
Bunch of overaged boys with bones ten times stronger than their opponents. Its a shame @ senoir level they become irrelevant.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
safarigirl: you're just a frustrated soul. It must suck to have zero achievements when kids you can father have conquered the world. Like I said to the frustrated loser before you. E no hard to kick ball, kwukwu take advantage of the fact that it's old men your age that rep us, shave your beard wella, then re-arrange your baritone voice, don't forget to wax the hair on your arms and legs then you can make the next U-17 team in 2 years, don't forget to shout 'mummy' at the camera, ok?
hahahha.Dont mind d fool !!.I know in his mind,he would be thinking he has talked sense.But he doesnt know everything he said is sooo dumb.An ignorant mumu.Na people like dem dey spoil dis country.Dem even worse pass corrupt leaders.Hahaha.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Bunch of overaged boys with bones ten times stronger than their opponents. Its a shame @ senoir level they become irrelevant.

You're not making sense at all.

Did you actually watch the tournament?

Err...Sweden's black striker looks like Suge knight, yet that mofo is 17.

These guys look young and small. Even if they're over-aged, they can't be older than 19 max.

At 17, I was bigger than all of them.

And I've got a younger cousin that plays rugby and he's just 15. However, he's twice the size of Iheanacho.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by FBS: 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
The Best team in/of the tournament won. Let me hear you say WOOooooooooW! cheesy

Well done boys. Fantastic team playing fantastic football.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
naija noni:
You must be suffering from blindness or u probably didnt watch dem to compare dem to d previous sets.
Didnt u hear dat many of dese boys are secondary school students ??.
And to say d past U/17s fizzle out.
Onazi,omeruo,Mikel,Ideye,Echiejile,taiwo,obasi,Kanu,oruma and many more came 4rm where ??.U/17s.
All players 4rm one set cant go on to have a great career.
Of d spanish 2007 set dat lost 2 nigeria at d finals,only de gea is playing top level football,d rest of dem including bojan,marcheda have all fizzled out.By ur logic,i guess dey were age-cheats too.
Apart 4rm kroos,name anoda german 4rm d 2007 set dat is still shinning ??.I guess dey were age cheats too.Mumu
I'm here trying to create a topic for discussion and provoke an argument and you're here cursing. where u from anyway?
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by fujirice: 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Bunch of overaged boys with bones ten times stronger than their opponents. Its a shame @ senoir level they become irrelevant.
Lol! Na frustration dey cause this one o! Abeg make una free most of these unbelievers. Some of them are not Nigerians
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fifa.com again. Check out the bold statements. grin Vanguard newspaper and co, go and steal this article as usual, one day Fifa will sue you all angry

Nigeria became the most successful team in FIFA U-17 World Cup history with a 3-0 win over holders Mexico at the Mohammad Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The final was a rematch of the 6-1 win Nigeria inflicted on the Mexicans in Group F play and sees the Golden Eaglets lay hands on the junior world trophy for the fourth time in their history, one better than South American giants Brazil. When the final whistle went in the UAE capital, fans and players alike rejoiced, fingers pointed to the sky, with what has become the traditional Nigerian celebration of: “yes, yes yes!”

Mexico kept the ball for a full two minutes at the start of the game, moving it around well and making the Nigerians chase. El Tri even managed the first chance on goal after six minutes. Osvaldo Rodriguez crossed from the left, but Alejandro Diaz couldn’t keep his close-range effort the right side of the post. Two minutes on and Ivan Ochoa – who scored twice in the semi-final win over Argentina – saw his off-balance header pushed over the bar by Dele Alampasu.

The corner came to nothing for the Mexicans, but Nigeria benefitted greatly by bursting out on a classic counter-attack. Kelechi Iheanacho went flying up the pitch. With just one Mexican defender in position, the No10 Golden Eaglet laid the ball in for Taiwo Awoniyi who then fed it on to Musa Yahaha, who had a little help from Erick Aguirre. The Mexican midfielder mistakenly hit the ball into his own net in an attempt to recover.

With the score 1-0, Musa Muhammed was giving the Mexicans fits with his rampaging runs up the right side. He pinned the opponents back at every opportunity. As the first half pushed toward the interval, the Africans upped their tempo in search of a second goal. Yahaya rattled the crossbar with a stunning effort from 20 yards out after 38 minutes. Pressure was mounting and the fans in the stands were on their feet when Awoniyi’s bicycle-kick from the penalty spot forced Raul Gudino into a magnificent reaction save in the dying moments of the half.

The second period began with a frenzy of attacks at both ends of the pitch, but it was Nigeria who made theirs count, making it 2-0 in the 56th minute. Captain Muhammed unleashed a wicked swirling shot that Mexican keeper Gudino simply couldn’t hang on to. He spilled a rebound directly to the feet of the most dangerous man on the pitch, and Iheanacho made no mistake dispatching his sixth goal of the tournament.

With a quarter-hour to go, Mexico managed to carve out a rare second-half chance, but Ochoa’s header from close-range slipped wide of the post as the holders began to wilt under the ceaseless pressure of the buzzing Nigerians. Muhammed added a third with ten minutes to go, curling a sublime free-kick into the top corner.

Anyone in UAE who had the pleasure to see them will tell you that this Nigerian team were the best on offer. Even a few of the Mexican fans were mumbling “yes, yes, yes” when the final whistle went on Nigeria’s glorious campaign here in UAE.

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=259253/match=300253591/summary.html
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by bizibrain(m): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
Doctors do nt tink irrational and in a degraded manner. Cant u just use ur cerebrum @ least a seconds. Just tell me, will fifa allow Nigeria 2 field overage players after d MRI scan reveal dey ar above age bracket. Use ur empty brain a little, if dat happens, den fifa is synonymus 2 incompetent.

Wait a minute, wats ur point anyway, will u beleive dis guyz if dey av been disqualified in group stage.

I bet u, those goals those golden eaglet ar scoring, ideye and ahmed musa will lose it. Even mba lose 1v1 goal, and no super eagle player can score dat free kick.

Age does nt matter in football, if age matters, den super eagle should av been d most sucessful team.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Elebiju: 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
take the next bus to yaba left idiota!
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by FBS: 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
dominique:

Lols, I pointed that out to my hubby too. The confetti is supposed to be the country colour but I saw pieces of red in the ones sprayed (maybe they only made plans for Mexico). Na dem sabi, God pass them.
Lol. Make them (fifa) go chop their tom-tom wraps. grin na the Cup matter and we got what we came for.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2013

Anguish of a half-wit doctor. You've mental defect. angry
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
imperiouxx: Fifa.com again. Check out the bold statements. grin Vanguard newspaper and co, go and steal this article as usual, one day Fifa will sue you all angry

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=259253/match=300253591/summary.html
na the one about Iheanacho being the 'most dangerous man on the field' na im sweet me pass. He was interviewed post-match on fifa.com, he said when he first joined the team, the other boys thought he was too young and skinny to play. That boy is just so cute and loveable, dunno why anyone would think he's an adult
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
shymexx:

You're not making sense at all.

Did you actually watch the tournament?

Err...Sweden's black striker looks like Suge knight, yet that mofo is 17.

These guys look young and small. Even if they're over-aged, they can't be older than 19 max.

At 17, I was bigger than all of them.

And I've got a younger cousin that plays rugby and he's just 15. However, he's twice the size of Iheanacho.
Sadly that's not the point. We can't have an argument about what the physiology of a 17yr old should or shouldn't be like. The point and argument is that from precedence, African teams tend to win most youth competitions, like Nigeria just did, and then these players somehow tend to fizzle into obscurity and also these same countries, for some not so difficult to decipher reason, are unable to replicate these successes at youth level in the senior level. This is coupled with Nigeria's well known prowess at age falsification and cheating. Nigerian youth players for instance are very popular with european clubs as they always have to add to their ages to arrive at their True ages (Obafemi martins at inter and taribo west at partizan, amongs others). That's the argument
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Elebiju: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
fujirice:
Lol! Na frustration dey cause this one o! Abeg make una free most of these unbelievers. Some of them are not Nigerians
hmmmm!na true talk o this one sef dey flow like an ivorien ehen he is a ghanian because na them dey beef our achievements.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by striker9(m): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Alampasu and Mohammed are obviously over 17yrs old,the rest are kids.The team needed experienced players,which is why Mohammed and Alampasu had more work rate than any other player[my own point of view].The Mohammed guy no dey tire at all,but I'm happy we have started playing real soccer with young talented players.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 9:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
I'm here trying to create a topic for discussion and provoke an argument and you're here cursing. where u from anyway?
I abused u cos u dont know what u're saying and all u've been saying is bullshit.
You said our past U-17 sets fizzled out,i ask again
Mikel,Omeruo,Onazi,Obasi,Oruma,Kanu,Echiejile,taiwo,Ideye and many more came 4rm where ??.
And Majority of dese players i mentioned are key members of d current super eagles squad.
You talk as if d christantus/opabumi sets were our only U-17 sets.
That confirms u are a real mumu.#FACT.Cos u dont know what u are saying.
Get ur facts right before u come here to say rubbish.Cos u're making a BIG FOOL of urself.
duni04:
All players 4rm one U/17 set cant go on to have a great career.
Of d spanish 2007 set,only de gea is playing top level football,d rest of dem including bojan,marcheda have all fizzled out.By ur logic,i guess dey were age-cheats too.
Apart 4rm kroos,name anoda german 4rm d 2007 set dat is still shinning ??.I guess dey were age cheats too.

3 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
safarigirl: na the one about Iheanacho being the 'most dangerous man on the field' na im sweet me pass. He was interviewed post-match on fifa.com, he said when he first joined the team, the other boys thought he was too young and skinny to play. That boy is just so cute and loveable, dunno why anyone would think he's an adult

Do you think everyone talking is truly human being? Many are walking dead needed to be stabbed in the head.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
striker9: Alampasu and Mohammed are obviously over 17yrs old,the rest are kids.The team needed experienced players,which is why Mohammed and Alampasu had more work rate than any other player[my own point of view].The Mohammed guy no dey tire at all,but I'm happy we have started playing real soccer with young talented players.

*yawn*
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
naija noni:

I abused u cos u dont know what u're saying and all u've been saying is bullshit.
You said our past U-17 sets fizzled out,i ask again
Mikel,Omeruo,Onazi,Obasi,Oruma,Kanu,Echiejile,taiwo,Ideye and many more came 4rm where ??.
And Majority of dese players i mentioned are key members of d current super eagles squad.
You talk as if d christantus/opabumi sets were our only U-17 sets.
That confirms u are a real mumu.#FACT.Cos u dont know what u are saying.
Get ur facts right before u come here to say rubbish.Cos u're making a BIG FOOL of urself.
Since we can't have a civil discussion, I'll come down to your level and call u a dunce. Did kanu or oruma win the world cup for Nigeria? How many world cups has onazi or taiwo won. And please don't be idiotic in thinking fizzle out means disappear. It means slow decline. Femi opabunmi didn't disappear, he played for Grasshoppers of switzerland shortly after his own U17. But he never won anything for Nigeria and declined into the shadows. That's what I mean by fizzle out idiot.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Sadly that's not the point. We can't have an argument about what the physiology of a 17yr old should or shouldn't be like. The point and argument is that from precedence, African teams tend to win most youth competitions, like Nigeria just did, and then these players somehow tend to fizzle into obscurity and also these same countries, for some not so difficult to decipher reason, are unable to replicate these successes at youth level in the senior level. This is coupled with Nigeria's well known prowess at age falsification and cheating. Nigerian youth players for instance are very popular with european clubs as they always have to add to their ages to arrive at their True ages (Obafemi martins at inter and taribo west at partizan, amongs others). That's the argument

Bruv, I understand your POV. However, it's not just an African thing, it seems most football players don't really make that transition effectively.

Apart from the golden era team of Portugal that had the likes of Luis Figo, Rui Costa et al, and probably a few Brazilian teams. How many countries have been able to make that transition? I know Ghana can boast of a few players from their under-20 world cup gold winning team.

Also, I think the problem with Nigerian/African football has to do with lack of academies where players are shown the technical aspect of the game from a young age. That's why African players are only built for under-age competitions, where you more or less don't really need technical abilities. And perhaps, the politics and refusal to choose the best talents.

Look at what Ivory Coast has been able to achieve with the football academies they started a few years ago and the quality of players that they're churning out year-in, year-out.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2013

ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - NOVEMBER 08: Nigeria Players in celebration during the FIFA U-17 World cup UAE 2013 Final match between Mexico and Nigeria at Mohamed Bin Zayed Stadium on November 8, 2013 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (Photo by Amin Mohammad Jamali/Getty Images)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.