Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. (38786 Views)

Banks To Stop Using Their Platforms For TSA As They Issue Threats / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by hakku: 10:03am On Nov 06, 2013
i dont lyk dis
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by IYANGBALI: 10:04am On Nov 06, 2013
What happens to aboki whose two hands have been cut off by sharia?how would he withdraw his money?na sanusi lamido people go suffer am,na dem no dey get hand.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 06, 2013
sambas: Just saw it on ait news, Banks in Nigeria to replace atm card with finger print. I don't know if i'm the only one against this development, with the current security pros.Is it not better to loose an atm card to robbers than a finger in every attack?
ha! Which means a person can now be attacked by robbers and codedly taken to the nearest ATM fingerprint machine and Voila! All his money is gone.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by tobnical(m): 10:05am On Nov 06, 2013
Last Days Event! Preparation for the Antichrist.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Djtm(m): 10:05am On Nov 06, 2013
Finger print technology is not so secure! It can be hacked faster than atm cards! BTW, nobody will be able to withdraw for you! What are they thinking?
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 06, 2013
gbishman: Please we dnt need this rubbish, the ATM card is sufficient. This is all geared towards promoting the coming of the anti christ cause when dey get u all tied and dependent on this then as the bible says when the anti christ comes and says one must have the mark of the best before u can even purchase pure water then its going to be a big problem. i advise every one to always have cash, supplies stashed up some where bcus its inevitable. pls Gods children let us resist this at all cost.
unfortunately the prophecy cannot be avoided, it can only be delayed. so the question is, 'are you ready to receive thy lord?'

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 06, 2013
DE_GONGS:
And so what is wrong with the bolded bro? undecided
Bro sorry to ask, i just want to know, are u a Christian or Muslim?
mekaboy:

How blind can u be? Read the bible. Once this finger print is linked to ur account, it will be easy to make the mark of the best mandatory, like the obama chip.
that's how f.ools like you mislead people with your stu.pid beliefs. Do u what that Obamacare is about? I bet u dont, cos if u do, u wont come here and vomit trash. FYI, dose chips u talking abt, it means those using any form of chip (placed anywhere in d body) or life support equipment must have them registered.
Do your research well man and stop attributing everytin to end time myths..
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by mightyleks(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2013
END TIME IS TRULY NEAR
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by collynzo2(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2013
You guys have nothing to fear? Technology has made it such that only a ''live'' finger with blood flowing through it can work.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by ojotu4real(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2013
mekaboy: Well its bound to happen. All this is in preparation to usher in the man of lawlessness(anti-christ). It will be the same worldwide. Eventually there will be one world currency and govt. Since ur bank details, is linked to ur finger print. You will not have access to ur funds unless u have the mark of the beast.

Its happening before our eyes.
na wa u o, ur brain don fall u still dey match am..
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by foliman(m): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2013
sambas: Just saw it on ait news, Banks in Nigeria to replace atm card with finger print. I don't know if i'm the only one against this development, with the current security pros.Is it not better to loose an atm card to robbers than a finger in every attack?

lolz, how's dat gonna happen?
grin grin grin
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by ivili(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2013
If i was in government,i would introduce fingerprint identification for almost every transactions.To have a bank account,to travel,even in supermarkets.When society becomes too criminal minded,hard decisions must be taken.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by akraym(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2013
kovak: and when you lose your finger, you can't finger again.
hehehehe
Baddest Comment ever Seeth. cheesy grin

Wait o, is that how to spell seeth embarassed

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by gudugudumeje: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2013
666 : it is. Sheer madness. We all go back to the banking hall.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by ifenadi(m): 10:15am On Nov 06, 2013
You guys are gettin all wrong. Finger print is not going to replace 'ATM' cards rather it is going to be a second authentication in a bank for every cash withdrawal either from ATM or across the counter. In the case of ATM ,after inserting your card and entering Card's pin, you will be required to authenticate the transaction further with finger print which will confirm that you are the owner of the account, before the machine will allow you to withdraw. Likewise if you want to withdraw accross the counter, you will also be required to further identify yourself with your finger print. It is not a replacement to ATM cards rather an additional security to it

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by olahero(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2013
Me_Aboki: They should consider face recognition technology instead.
I currently have finger print security pass for my laptop and the thing isn't always reliable, moisture and small amount of grease on the finger sometimes to affects it; besides, though funny and at the same time horrible to contemplate, the risk of finger amputations at the hands of criminals is quite a serious and realistic concern worthy of giving other options a good look.
I disagree with your view' what if the owner is sick and he/she need money to pay in hospital or elsewhere how it's gonna be? ATM is the best of all............, FINGER PRINT IN REPLACE OF ATM IS AN ACT OF PREPARATION FOR AL-DAJJAL (THE ANTI-CHRIST)
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by nnenna311: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2013
Heard the news on Ait too, but I think what am seeing here is wrong. The CBN governor said that the finger prints will be used as a means of identification to the customers inplace of all sorts of identifications eg drivers licenses ect. And not to replace Atm cards as portrayed here.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Bruno3000(m): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2013
For those that are sensitive in the spirit, it is time to draw closer to our God. A new world order, controlled by the anti-Christ is in the making. Lets be rapturable.

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by krugar07(m): 10:19am On Nov 06, 2013
wat has finger got to do wit banking
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by carsprayer: 10:23am On Nov 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2013
How a typical naira land front page thread progresses.

1st page- hardly any meaningful post. Full off jokes(funnygrin n dryundecided), bullshiis n ignorant remarks etc etc

2nd page- some of d bullshiiz spill over into this n towards d end, sensible people begin to post sense.

3rd page n beyond - all d mofos posting trash would av eloped looking for anoda FP thread 2 comment on d 2st page n common sense largely prevails onwards.

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Infomizer(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2013
If I understand anything about fingerprint biometric security, it'll be the fact that the scanners will only read/scan tissues that are alive. This should assuage the amputation scare. Didn't you think it would have been considered by the proponents?
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by MightyFortress: 10:29am On Nov 06, 2013
Dap07:
that's how f.ools like you mislead people with your stu.pid beliefs. Do u what that Obamacare is about? I bet u dont, cos if u do, u wont come here and vomit trash. FYI, dose chips u talking abt, it means those using any form of chip (placed anywhere in d body) or life support equipment must have them registered.
Do your research well man and stop attributing everytin to end time myths..
Call him anything u wanna call him, he's right. In the END, there'll come a TIME when the true purpose of all these THINGS will be clear to all and sundry. By then, it might too late. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Fantacy1(m): 10:29am On Nov 06, 2013
Colapsed system gorverned by headless objects. Hw did dey even concieve dis idea in d 1st place...
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by TrishaP(f): 10:29am On Nov 06, 2013
So what if you want to send someone to withdraw for u.

Mtchewww Rubbish! Lets see how impossible it'll be.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 06, 2013
We are very close to the END of TIME so THINGS like this are anticipated.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by IYANGBALI: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2013
So after fin_gering ourselves,we would also be fin_gering ATM machines?our fingers go hear weeeeeeen
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by ocheejemb: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2013

Fingerprint kor...This isn't feasible. The technology is not robust enough.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 06, 2013
mekaboy: Well its bound to happen. All this is in preparation to usher in the man of lawlessness(anti-christ). It will be the same worldwide. Eventually there will be one world currency and govt. Since ur bank details, is linked to ur finger print. You will not have access to ur funds unless u have the mark of the beast.

Its happening before our eyes.
Bro I understand your concern. However there is no ushering in of the antichrist for they(the antichrist(s)) has been in existence since the death of the apostles. Secondly, there is difference between the antichrist(s) and the mark of the wild beast which the great majority of mankind already possess even without knowing it(U too could have it if critically analyzed)

For the purpose of clarity and to address your claims, both antichrist and the mark of the wild beast has nothing to do with the Obama chips nor the banking move to replace ATM with finger prints(which I personally object to cos its most likely to undermine security of lives and properties in developing countries like ours, and other reasons which I might not exhaust here)

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Davisgrey(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2013
I beta buy a Michael Jacko Glove Before !!!!! The Unsacred hpn!cheesy
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Beaf1: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2013
Our Fingers are precious to us and our women, biko. Now if you loose your Finger to armed robbers you cannot be able Finger again? cheesy I am sure ladies and housewives will also reject this 'pleasure threatnening' proposal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria's World Trade Center Abuja Poised To Send Its Economy Sky High - CNN / Temie Giwa-Tubosun Wins $250K Jack Ma’s Netrepreneur Prize / HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.