Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2161 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only / Is Salvation Army A Church or Charitable Organisation In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 08, 2013
Why are you guys inactive?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Okay, cool!

I have no ish if we decide to include some members of this section but I will only support that move if those nominated would forfeit the right to have their threads selected in order to avoid any conflict of interest.

Also, I would suggest that we bring on board those members who have proven over time to be tolerant of the beliefs or disbelief of others because I wouldn't want a situation where good threads are relegated to the background because someone is of a different 'faith' or lack of 'faith'.

Onward...with the permission of the chairperson (ATMC) I ask that we make suggestions and agree on the criteria to be used in assessing any suggested thread. As I await the permission, I also ask that we liaise with mukina and the mods in order to get this 'FP reward' thingy on the way.
I have been trying to post since yesterday but I don't know what's wrongsad
Of course we'll employ the very objective ones in RS...but can the neutral parties nominate the threads of those from RS they are working with?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Okay, cool!

I have no ish if we decide to include some members of this section but I will only support that move if those nominated would forfeit the right to have their threads selected in order to avoid any conflict of interest.

Also, I would suggest that we bring on board those members who have proven over time to be tolerant of the beliefs or disbelief of others because I wouldn't want a situation where good threads are relegated to the background because someone is of a different 'faith' or lack of 'faith'.

Onward...with the permission of the chairperson (ATMC) I ask that we make suggestions and agree on the criteria to be used in assessing any suggested thread. As I await the permission, I also ask that we liaise with mukina and the mods in order to get this 'FP reward' thingy on the way.
Of course we'll employ the very objective ones in RS...but can the neutral parties nominate the threads of those from RS they are working with?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Okay, cool!

striktlymi: Why are you guys inactive?
something is wrong with the site...I couldn't post
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 08, 2013
striktlymi: Why are you guys inactive?
ah ve been tryin to quote n it seems difficult moreover ah tink we should try and fix a tym n stick to it
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2013
Striky, has mukina responded?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 8:39am On Nov 08, 2013
i dont know whats wrong...i hope this msg is seen...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
ATMC: I have been trying to post since yesterday but I don't know what's wrongsad

Oh...sorry about the network ish.

I am thinking: anyone can nominate threads except for those who are doing the assessment. As I suggested before, you or someone else can create a thread where the various links to those threads can be posted.

The thread can serve as some sought of repertoire where the panelists can go into daily and assess these threads based on the set criteria. This way, members can follow the work of this panel such that they are aware of the various threads and their contents which will help them make an informed decision when voting.

So instead of them voting for the thread owners based on the relationship they have with each of them, they might just decide to vote based on the strength of each thread, hopefully.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
Elantracey: ah ve been tryin to quote n it seems difficult moreover ah tink we should try and fix a tym n stick to it

Sorry about that. Hope its better today?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ishilove: Striky, has mukina responded?

Not yet!

I will follow up with her before the day runs out.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ishilove: Striky, has mukina responded?

I just sent a reminder e-mail.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. You guys can equally send her e-mails.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry about that. Hope its better today?
yes it is
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Elantracey: yes it is

That's fantastic!

ATMC is still having difficulties with the network.

@All,

Mukina just responded! She is in the process of reviewing the request to determine if it can be approved or not. Let's hope for the best.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
obi alfa: A point which we didn't raise in the first phase but which the current panel should discuss is how to avoid wuruwuru disenfranchisement by mods. I noticed last year that some mods used this tactic in some sections during end of year awards. They will ban some monikers on flimsy excuses, thus depriving them of their right to vote.

Also certain opinions that might influence vote patterns during campaigns are hidden by mods. HBG already did this at the beginning of this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1476542/religion-section-awards-night-sticky/22#19388920
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
striktlymi:

That's fantastic!

ATMC is still having difficulties with the network.

@All,

Mukina just responded! She is in the process of reviewing the request to determine if it can be approved or not. Let's hope for the best.
dat's gud we hope she approves it
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
bettersmiley
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
ATMC: bettersmiley

Welcome back!
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
smiley thanks for ur help
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
ATMC: smiley thanks for ur help

No P!

We need to start working o!
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
work's in progress already.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
work's in progress already...what's mext?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 1:13am On Nov 09, 2013
striktlymi:

I am thinking: anyone can nominate threads except for those who are doing the assessment. As I suggested before, you or someone else can create a thread where the various links to those threads can be posted.

The thread can serve as some sought of repertoire where the panelists can go into daily and assess these threads based on the set criteria. This way, members can follow the work of this panel such that they are aware of the various threads and their contents which will help them make an informed decision when voting.

So instead of them voting for the thread owners based on the relationship they have with each of them, they might just decide to vote based on the strength of each thread, hopefully.
I seriously doubt this will work because the 'man know man' factor will still come into play.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 09, 2013
ATMC: work's in progress already.

I made some suggestions which we are yet to debate or deliberate on.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 09, 2013
Ishilove:
I seriously doubt this will work because the 'man know man' factor will still come into play.

I don't quite understand how. Care to elaborate?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 6:57am On Nov 09, 2013
striktlymi:

I made some suggestions which we are yet to debate or deliberate on.
So let's deliberate then. I made a point up there.

Goodmorning Strik smiley
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 7:01am On Nov 09, 2013
I don't understand why we should access any of the threads and discuss on their viability. I thought it is the nominees that we will be accessing.

Maybe I'm not getting it. Please can you explain the whole process more? Thanks smiley
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 09, 2013
Ishilove:
So let's deliberate then. I made a point up there.

Goodmorning Strik smiley

Top of the morning to you young missy.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2013
Ishilove: I don't understand why we should access any of the threads and discuss on their viability. I thought it is the nominees that we will be accessing.

Maybe I'm not getting it. Please can you explain the whole process more? Thanks smiley

Okay, let me see how best to explain my thoughts...

We have five awards for grabs:

A - Best poster for the year
B- Best christian poster
C - Best Non-christian religious poster
D - Best thread
E - Best Irreligious poster

Which can be broken down into 'personal' and 'impersonal' awards. The personal awards are basically those that relate with individual members directly while the impersonal award is indirectly related to members.

The phase 1 panel created 4 personal awards and 1 impersonal award. The personal awards are:

A - Best poster for the year
B- Best christian poster
C - Best Non-christian religious poster
E - Best Irreligious poster

As we can see, those I tag 'personal awards' relate directly with members of the section and when nominations are done, it will be for members directly, but the impersonal award has a small tweak to it. Instead of nominating members directly, we nominate threads instead for the impersonal award.

Now, my thoughts about having a panel review a number of threads based on some criteria we should set, are guided by some factors. Top on the list is:

i) Item 8 from the rules/recommendation of the phase 1 panel. That is, since we may reward the winners with an appearance on FP it is necessary then that the thread(s) put forth be FP worthy.

I, for one, would not want a situation where a thread that talks about how 'Baba Iyabo got converted into Christianity' gets the votes and make it all the way to the FP. If this happens, the shame will definitely be on us all.

In order to avoid the above and select the best threads for the FP, it is necessary that there be some assessment of the threads that will be put forth for nomination. The process is simple enough:

Activity 1:

Threads are collated and put in a thread created for this purpose.

Who is eligible?

Everyone except those assessing the threads. This is to avoid a self-review threat. We can't have a situation where an 'assessor' is assessing a thread he chose. This may not allow for impartiality as the 'assessor' is already biased, hence the need to prevent them from collating threads.

Activity 2:

The assessment sub-committee goes into the thread where the collation has been made and deliberate on every suggested thread based on the criteria we would give to them. Another thread would be created to accommodate ONLY the members of this sub-committee. They are to do their work independently but we can call them to order if they deviate from the rules set from the onset.

Who is eligible?

Only the members of the sub-committee. In order to ensure fairness for all, I will suggest that the members of the sub-committee be suggested by the various groups e.g Christians, Pagans and the Irreligious but their suggestions MUST make sense and be agreed on by everyone.

Activity 3:

Members of the sub-committee present the threads chosen to the Phase 2 panelists who review and put them forth for nominations. All nominations MUST be from the pool created by the sub-committee and the top 3 nominated threads gets to be voted for on election day.

The above is more like a summary of what I have in mind.

Oya let's discuss...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Talking about d best thread can someone have more dan one of his/her threads nominated?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
Elantracey: Talking about d best thread can someone have more dan one of his/her threads nominated?

That's a very good question. Guys what do you think? Ishi and ATMC you guys were members of the Phase 1 panel. What did you guys have in mind then as it relates to the question of Tracey?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
striktlymi:

That's a very good question. Guys what do you think? Ishi and ATMC you guys were members of the Phase 1 panel. What did you guys have in mind then as it relates to the question of Tracey?
Yes, I don't see why not. If the threads are considered good enough, I definitely don't see anything wrong there.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Yes, I don't see why not. If the threads are considered good enough, I definitely don't see anything wrong there.

I agree with that too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Are The 12 Disciples Of Jesus ? / Questions For Christian From Muslims / Is It Right For A Church To Invite Comedian To Crack Joke On The 'pulpit' ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.