Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2157 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only / Is Salvation Army A Church or Charitable Organisation In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
The phase 2 has one broad panel that would be in charge of overseeing the elections and related matters. The election sub-committee would be responsible for things like collating of election results.

They report directly to the phase 2 panel, who has no right to dictate to them how their job is carried out. The idea is that the phase 2 panel gives instructions and then back out till the results are collated and submitted.

Please we ask that you respect our work here and don't comment if you are not a member. There is a thread where general discussions and comments and suggestions concerning this event is taking place. Here: https://www.nairaland.com/1476542/religion-section-awards-night-sticky
Please use that thread instead.

We kindly request the mods to help us keep this place clean so that this year's event will be success.

Thank you all.

For clarity, the panel members are:

1) ATMC
2) Elantracey
3) Ihedinobi
4) Ishilove
5) Striktlym
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
Weldone ma'am...were's strictlymi n d others
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks ATMC!

Our work here will be based on the following from Phase 1:

Mr Troll: COMPREHENSIVE REPORT OF THE END OF YEAR RELIGIOUS SECTION AWARDS ORGANIZNG PANEL

Without having to say much nonsense by way of protocol, I’d like to go straight to the point…

This organization panel was formed with the help of striklymi and we were given the mandate of organizing how this year’s award was going to look like with the following options in mind:

What award(s) is to be given this year?

How to nominate

Who has a right to nominate

When to nominate

How to vote

Who has a right to vote

When to vote

Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.

The panel members decided to open a thread for the deliberations and each decision was subjected to a vote in which 4 votes were needed in order to carry a motion. The final deliberations are as follows…

1) What award(s) is/are to be given this year?

5 Awards were decided:

A - Best poster for the year
B- Best christian poster
C - Best Non-christian religious poster
D - Best thread
E - Best Irreligious poster

2) How to nominate

- Each member can nominate 2 people.
- Only active members registered before 01/10/2013 can be nominated.
- A member can nominate him/herself if he/she meets the appropriate criterion for nomination as stated above
- The 3 nominees with the highest number of nominations will be now stand to be voted for.

3) Who can nominate

Everybody can nominate on condition that they already made at least 30 posts in the religious section. This is excluding folks with known duplicate monikers. For example, Alfa Seltzer is allowed to nominate but all his other ‘Alfa bots’ are not allowed to nominate.

4) When to nominate

Nominations to take place for 5 days from 1st December to 5th December 2013.

5) How to vote

Only one thread to be used for voting in which the 5 categories will be listed. Each voter will state the category and then vote on the moniker that is up for vote.

6) Who has a right to vote

Only those registered before 01/10/2013 that have spent more than 1 day online and have made at least 30 posts on the nairaland religious section.

7) When to vote.

10-15th December 2013(inclusive) for voting.

8.) Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.

Each category winner gets one thread on the FP while the overall winner gets a thread stickied for one month

Pls note that option 8 is subject to the agreement of the religious section MODs. Also, if the MODs do agree to the suggestion, the winners will have to come up with threads that are worthy of making FP which will still have to be scrutinized by the MODs. On the other hand, if the FP option is not feasible as decided by the MODs then I personally suggest we make an E-plaque for the various winners.

But before we continue, we need to decide on who the Team lead will be. We should choose from the following:

1) ATMC
2) Elantracey
3) Ihedinobi
4) Ishilove

Once we determine who the individual is then we can discuss and agree on the best way to implement the above rules and recommendation.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 6:27am On Nov 06, 2013
ishilove-my choice
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 06, 2013
ATMC: ishilove-my choice

Who else supports the above nomination or is against it?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2013
Atmc
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2013
I'm good with whoever. smiley
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Elantracey: Atmc

Ishilove we await your nominee.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
striktlymi:

Ishilove we await your nominee.
I nomainate striktlymi
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ishilove:
I nomainate striktlymi

Striktlymi is not eligible. tongue
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ihe can you help us out with a nominee?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
We are at a deadlock. Should we carry on without a lead? Maybe something like a 'round table' discussion?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
As we are trying to make up our minds, let's start off please. The more pressing items for now are items 1d (How to go about identifying good threads to put up for the thread of the year award) and item 3 (disenfranchising members that are not eligible to vote/nominate). Other items will come up in the course of our discourse.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
I actually have no favorite, Stricktly. And I'm not sure we can do this effectively without a leader. Perhaps we should just take a vote assuming everyone except yourself (don't quite get how you're not eligible) as candidates. Failing a clear result from that, you, being the convener, can appoint anyone of your own discretion.

My contribution on the other matters later.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ihedinobi: I actually have no favorite, Stricktly. And I'm not sure we can do this effectively without a leader. Perhaps we should just take a vote assuming everyone except yourself (don't quite get how you're not eligible) as candidates. Failing a clear result from that, you, being the convener, can appoint anyone of your own discretion.

My contribution on the other matters later.

Okay, let's have a vote.

The nominees are:

1) ATMC
2) Ihedinobi
3) Ishilove
4) Elantracey

Voting starts now!

Thanks!
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
striktlymi:

Striktlymi is not eligible. tongue
Nbet why?? sad
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Strictlymi ah tink u should just elect a leader urself
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
I vote ATMC
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ishilove:
Nbet why?? sad

I have the other thread to coordinate.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
Elantracey: Strictlymi ah tink u should just elect a leader urself

ATMC: I vote ATMC

Okay let ATMC be the Team lead. At least she now has two votes.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
striktlymi:

ok, at your service.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
Like I have mentioned before, I believe the work is greatest in the two earlier mentioned items. My suggestion which is subject to the ratification of every member here are:

ITEM 1D

1) We set the criteria for selecting threads which we believe can compete for the thread of the year award. The criteria should be all inclusive and such that they are not geared towards favouring any particular group. For example, some of the criteria for selecting a thread may include:

a) Societal relevance.
b) Content.
c) FP appeal.
d) When the thread was opened. It must have been created in the year under consideration i.e 2013
e) Etc.

2) Create a thread where everyone in the section is free to suggest any thread they think might meet the set criteria. Members are also allowed to help find such threads. Each thread is reviewed by us daily and we select threads for nomination based on the set criteria.

3) The selected threads, which may be upto 10, as the case may be are put up for nomination by members where the top 3 nominated threads get to be voted on during the election in order to arrive at the thread of the year.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
ATMC: ok, at your service.

Thanks!
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
striktlymi:

Thanks!
we're in it together!
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
striktlymi: Like I have mentioned before, I believe the work is greatest in the two earlier mentioned items. My suggestion which is subject to the ratification of every member here are:

ITEM 1D

1) We set the criteria for selecting threads which we believe can compete for the thread of the year award. The criteria should be all inclusive and such that they are not geared towards favouring any particular group. For example, some of the criteria for selecting a thread may include:

a) Societal relevance.
b) Content.
c) FP appeal.
d) When the thread was opened. It must have been created in the year under consideration i.e 2013
e) Etc.
by front page appeal, you mean? what about a thread dt was created in 2012 but had a good content, of societal relevance but made front page in 2013? will such thread be disqualified cos of 'd'

2) Create a thread where everyone in the section is free to suggest any thread they think might meet the set criteria. Members are also allowed to help find such threads. Each thread is reviewed by us daily and we select threads for nomination based on the set criteria.

3) The selected threads, which may be upto 10, as the case may be are put up for nomination by members where the top 3 nominated threads get to be voted on during the election in order to arrive at the thread of the year.
OK.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 07, 2013
ATMC: by front page appeal, you mean? what about a thread dt was created in 2012 but had a good content, of societal relevance but made front page in 2013? will such thread be disqualified cos of 'd'

Um...By FP appeal I mean a thread the supermods will be inclined to put on FP. To ascertain the requirements for this, we may need to liaise with mukina.

For threads created in 2012 that meets the aforementioned requirements, I am not sure if we can accept them or not. We may decide that it is strictly threads created in 2013 considering that the award is meant to reward the efforts members put in this year.

Or we may decide to extend it to 2012, since this award is the first of its kind in this section while subsequent years would strictly be for the year under review. All that matters is for us all to agree on any action plan.

ATMC:
OK.

Cool!
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Hey guys,

As we deliberate on the suggestion I put forth, I will also like us to decide if we should delegate that duty to a neutral party. Say, we get some respected nairaland members who are not part of the Religion section to help select those threads, though we would set the rules to guide them on the selection process while they make it a point of duty to report back to us daily with evidence for their choice.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 7:11am On Nov 07, 2013
considering that the award is with respect to 2013, let's go with 2013 threads.

There are some respectable religion section regulars too who can help with the thread selection so may be they can work with the neutral party.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 07, 2013
striktlymi:

Great! smiley
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Ishilove: 7:37am On Nov 07, 2013
I vote ATMC then.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
ATMC: considering that the award is with respect to 2013, let's go with 2013 threads.

Okay, cool!

ATMC:
There are some respectable religion section regulars too who can help with the thread selection so may be they can work with the neutral party.

I have no ish if we decide to include some members of this section but I will only support that move if those nominated would forfeit the right to have their threads selected in order to avoid any conflict of interest.

Also, I would suggest that we bring on board those members who have proven over time to be tolerant of the beliefs or disbelief of others because I wouldn't want a situation where good threads are relegated to the background because someone is of a different 'faith' or lack of 'faith'.

Onward...with the permission of the chairperson (ATMC) I ask that we make suggestions and agree on the criteria to be used in assessing any suggested thread. As I await the permission, I also ask that we liaise with mukina and the mods in order to get this 'FP reward' thingy on the way.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hi Mukina,

I am not sure if you are aware just yet but we (members of the Religion section) have begun the process for electing worthy members who we believe deserve to be honoured for their contributions in the section during the year.

In order to ensure a hitch-free election, we decided to set-up a panel (https://www.nairaland.com/1479178/end-year-awards-organisation-thread) who were saddled with the responsibility of preparing the ground work and come up with something close to a blueprint for this year's election.

In the course of their work, they came up with an 8 'point agenda' or rule if you like: (https://www.nairaland.com/1479178/end-year-awards-organisation-thread/12#19254720) which in my view are fair and good enough.

Of particular interest should be the 8th item which talks about rewarding the winners with at least something. After much thought it was suggested that the winners be rewarded with a FP appearance of one of their threads which is deemed to be FP worthy.

I am not sure how achievable that objective (item cool is, given the fact that a winner or two might just turn out to be Atheist or Pagan but I am confident that with your help we can work something out.

Presently, a phase 2 panel (https://www.nairaland.com/1506209/end-year-awards-organisation-thread) has been set up to implement the recommendations from the Phase 1 panel; but implementing the recommnendations (especially item cool would be very difficult, if not impossible, without your assitance.

I am asking that you give us a guideline on what it will take to get a thread to the FP, such that, if an Atheist or a Pagan happens to emerge as one of the winners it won't be too demanding to have the selected threads make FP.

This is a difficult request I ask from you but please we really need your help.

Thanks!

PS: This e-mail will be made public in the section for disclosure purposes as I am not alone on this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Tap From The Supernatural And Open Doors / Jesus Christ Is Yhwh (jehovah) / Is Church Marriage Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.