Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2160 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only / Is Salvation Army A Church or Charitable Organisation In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
so far the threads are worthy...
btw@striktly, how long is it going to take this panel to be done?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
i have issue with posting, when i do it says error and then tripple my post, aghotarom o
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
ATMC: so far the threads are worthy...

Threads? Where are they?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Threads? Where are they?
smh...ihe start from the begining, u dey fall hand o angry
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
ATMC: smh...ihe start from the begining, u dey fall hand o angry
Abeg, ma bi nu. I didn't know the threads were already being nominated. I actually thought we were still working on the modalities for nominating them.

Isn't there supposed to be a thread for the nomination? Please where is it?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
i meant so far the threads are worthy in response to tracey's question. you get?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
ATMC: so far the threads are worthy...

Threads? I am not sure the threads you are referring to.

Phase 2 panel stops working after the awards have been issued to the winners.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
ATMC: i meant so far the threads are worthy in response to tracey's question. you get?

Oh okay.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
striktlymi:

Threads? I am not sure the threads you are referring to.

Phase 2 panel stops working after the awards have been issued to the winners.
okay
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ok, I get it now, my fine sister. smiley

I was typing up a post on my lappy about what I thought about how we can go about the thread but I couldn't post it right then. I'll post it in a minute. I just had to be sure I wasn't totally behind.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hi guys. Sorry I don't seem to be so involved. I'm not as much on NL as I used to be. Um, we're talking about best threads, right? What exactly are we doing right now about it? Is the issue deciding who nominates best threads or what? If it is the former, I agree that we should strive for impartiality as much as possible. The trouble here is how a non-Religion poster of however great integrity could ordinarily be able to tell which religion threads are good and which are not. I mean, we could easily say common sense, but I think we should allow those who are more completely invested in the religion section to pick the threads that have been good to them in the year under review.

Here's what I suggest:

1. One of us opens a thread where these threads can be nominated.

2. We nominate among ourselves Religion posters of quality and integrity who can nominate threads of competitive quality

3. We pick a manageable number of these posters to do the nominating and communicate them with our intentions

4. Assuming that they are willing, we receive their nominations on that thread. We should probably make their nominations finite but they should be allowed to make multiple nominations

5. After that first round, quality non-Religion posters can come in to help us further trim down the threads to those of even more competitive quality with a manageable number in mind

6. We should be ready to put the final selection of threads up for votes from Religion Section regulars for the award.

If the issue is the latter, what exactly is holding us up?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by ATMC(f): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ihedinobi, 2. We nominate among ourselves Religion posters of quality and integrity who can nominate threads of competitive quality
dont u think there would be an inclination towards partiality?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
ATMC: @ihedinobi, 2. We nominate among ourselves Religion posters of quality and integrity who can nominate threads of competitive quality
dont u think there would be an inclination towards partiality?
I don't mean that we will constitute the panel of Religion posters that nominate threads o. I mean that we select Religion posters who nominate threads.

In the latter arrangement, I don't see why there should be a complaint of partiality. Only Religion denizens would actually have a feel for the right threads. The second level of screening with non-Religion posters is supposed to clean out any "partiality". At that level, even a non-Religion poster with some intelligencw should be able to recognize quality. He/she may not be able to judge relevance, but they shouldn't have problems with determining quality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims Are Not Terrorists And Terrorists Are Not Muslim / What Do You Think About TB Joshua's 2016 Prophecy / The Concept Of Ori In Yoruba Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.