Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,357 members, 7,864,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

Learning From Nehemiah: Make It Clear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learning From Nehemiah: Make It Clear (407 Views)

Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. / It's Clear. Jesus Is Not Coming Back Again / Pfn Makes It Clear That Any Member Fraternizes With Tb Joshua Will Be Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learning From Nehemiah: Make It Clear by SonofIssachar: 2:21am On Nov 06, 2013
Then the king said to me, “What do you request?” So I prayed to the God of heaven. And I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.” - Nehemiah 2:4-5

Recently, a group of youngsters were asked individually about what they wanted out of life. Surprisingly, only one of them could answer with some measure of clarity; the rest only mouthed some vague aspiration in response, evidence that they had not even taken time to think about what they really want to make of their lives.

Clarity is a virtue, and vagueness is a vice. It pays to be clear about what you want at any point in time. In the passage above, when asked about what he wanted, Nehemiah was unambiguous in his response to the king. He did not bore his listeners with an elaborate background details before stating what he wanted, by so doing wasting their time. On the contrary, he was unequivocal in his statement of intent. He wanted to go back to his native land to rebuild the ruins.

All of us are usually presented with life-transforming opportunities at various times. But part of maximising such opportunities is to first know what you really want, and if such break would serve your purpose. The fact that looks like an opportunity doesn’t mean that it is the one for you. Even if it is, you are best positioned to make the most of it after you must have ascertained in specific terms what you really need.

One vital key that helped Nehemiah answer wisely was prayer. He “prayed to the God of heaven” and was then guided in his request. Maybe we can learn from his example.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew app on your Blackberry device, click on http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/29262893

God bless you as you share!

(1) (Reply)

Faith Works / Atheist,what Question Made You Atheist? / When The Righteous Fall 7 Times, They Rise Again! So, Don't Give Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.