Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,259 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis (5809 Views)

Banning Nomadic Cattle Rearing, Violation Of 1999 Constitution – Fulani Chiefs / Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland / FG And Senate Should Ban Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by 0monnakoda: 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
It is not true there i no land in the North. There are several mountains in the Middle belt and Adamawa area which is the origin of the Benue River. The Valleys of these mountains are filled with Vegetation but these are fiercely contested by farmers and so they see Southerners as a Soft touch,
Cattle owners do NOTHING to contribute to sustainability or replenishment of some of the fields they graze, Frankly with a little knowhow.technology and investment they don't need to roam about. Bauchi State alone or the lowlands of the Cameroon Mountains in Taraba can sustain Nigeria's cattle
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by nagoma(m): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
Austine.E:

I know that an average Hausa-Fulani believes that govt shld do everything for them,just like the Almajiri model schools,amnesty for Boko haram,extra-federal allocatn for fictitious Local govt areas, cows included in census figure to gain undue advantage,free entrance into unity schools with 2% as cut-off etc '!

And the average Igbo believes that he can get everything though criminal activity or get it by fraud. Stella odua 225 million Naira cars, the armed robbers, the thousands of kidnappers and e-mail scammers, the drug couriers all over the world you make Nigeria the leader in this. Fake drugs exam cheating for unity schools, fictitious census figures for a minority tribe like yours. The list is endless. I wonder why Gowon insisted on getting these scum back into Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Ammanda(f): 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
nagoma:

You are talking as if the tiny enclave of SE has any land at all. The whole of five SE state cover only 291000 sq km which is about 3% of the size of Nigeria ( size of just 2 or 3 LGAs in other parts of the country) and most of the land is taken over by gulley erosion while the little left cannot support agriculture due to severe soil leaching. That is why you kill your uncles every now and then to claim tiny patches of land.
sharrapp! The fact that u have the whole land in the world is enough to limit ur gracing in the north and stop grazing on our precious 291000sq km with ur infested cattle. Pls stay in ur land and not bring cholera infested poo to the se. Abi do u people dash visitors land to build their own houses?
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by rexzqcom(m): 6:40am On Nov 08, 2013
congratulations to the Ogun state govt for taking this proactive move to avert and solve the looming and impending problems of unorganized and unregulated cattle rearings problems. i hope task force will be empowered to enforce these regulations. Other states should emulate the Ogun state to curb the menes of cattles destructions of others lifes sustenances. I hope the national govt will weigh in also to normalized and coordinate the state rules to ensure uniformity and adequate enforcement of the rules agreed on.
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by AustineE1: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2013
nagoma:

And the average Igbo believes that he can get everything though criminal activity or get it by fraud. Stella odua 225 million Naira cars, the armed robbers, the thousands of kidnappers and e-mail scammers, the drug couriers all over the world you make Nigeria the leader in this. Fake drugs exam cheating for unity schools, fictitious census figures for a minority tribe like yours. The list is endless. I wonder why Gowon insisted on getting these scum back into Nigeria.
..i almost forgot that Facrook Lawal is an igbo man,Abacha also or even the award winning looters of all time IBB and Abubakar,the kleptomaniac Atiku Abubakar and Buhari(former speaker)who forged the Toronto university certificate and a million and one others..Mind you if 'wishes were horses',Gowon wld readily move plateau state to the East to avoid 'fulani gun men','incessant Islamic bloody riots','proximity to Boko Haram',etc.Jos stands firm today against the Hausa-Fulani jihadist because of the support the indigenes are getting from ndi-igbo and other southerners,Jos remains the grave yard of Jihadist and shall it be.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by 0monnakoda: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2013
nagoma:

You are talking as if the tiny enclave of SE has any land at all. The whole of five SE state cover only 291000 sq km which is about 3% of the size of Nigeria ( size of just 2 or 3 LGAs in other parts of the country) and most of the land is taken over by gulley erosion while the little left cannot support agriculture due to severe soil leaching. That is why you kill your uncles every now and then to claim tiny patches of land.

What does the size of the SE have to do with me? What does it have to do with the subject matter.
Is 291000= 3% of the size of Nigeria? =No, Is that the Size of the SE=no?

We are discussing like adults and next thing without knowing me you accuse me of killing my uncles and other gibberish. That says a lot about your sanity and paucity of argument.You have no manners and no social skills. You simian instincts will always prevail no matter how hard you try to repress them

There are many people who think Abokis cannot reason and are generally illiterate (I don't share this perspective) but listening to the likes of you one can understand how they draw that unfortunate inference

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impeachment: Buhari Needs To Help Fayose – PDP / Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out / If You Are In Kano State, You Really Need To See This Before Supporting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.