Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis (5804 Views)

Banning Nomadic Cattle Rearing, Violation Of 1999 Constitution – Fulani Chiefs / Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland / FG And Senate Should Ban Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2013
Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis

[img]http://dailytrust.info/images/banners/ogun%20state%20map.jpg[/img]

As part of measures to ensure peace along the Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu road, the Ogun State government has banned cattle rearing in the area. Secretary to the State Government (SSG) Barrister Taiwo Adeoluwa who disclosed this in Abeokuta at a meeting with leaders of Hausa and Fulani communities as well as traditional rulers said the area had witnessed a sudden rise in criminal activities.

Adeoluwa noted that recent developments were linked to herdsmen operating on the highway, affirming that government had already earmarked the axis for industrial development.

“We will not allow cattle rearing in this area. This is the area we are looking at to develop as our prime industrial corridor and it will not be nice if our brothers from the north are spoiling that industrial corridor with their cattle rearing activities”, he said.

Adeoluwa who emphasised that government had been maintaining cordial relationship with various ethnic groups and nationalities residing in the state enjoined the herdsmen to operate in designated grazing areas and avoid criminal activities. The Head of the Fulani Community in the state, Alhaji Mohammed Kabir, said criminal activities had been recurring on the road, and his people had also fallen victims but assured of cooperation with government to rid the area of criminal activities.

Source
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by geeez: 10:22am On Nov 06, 2013
This is what we have to do

Osun has built a ranch

Other SW states should also build cattle ranches

Free grazing should be regulated and well controlled like the OGSG has done

This initiative is actually to protect the Fulanis so that what befell their kinsmen in Oyo and Kwara won't happen to them to

Yorubas proved in those instances that they are no pushovers and cannot be taken for granted

God bless. Yorubaland

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Annie2gud(f): 10:23am On Nov 06, 2013
Daddy Eguerilla will it work!!!
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 06, 2013
I hope this will be the beginning of the end of this nomadic grazing. I wish to see this country embrace the ranch system
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by akereconfi: 9:34am On Nov 07, 2013
should I comment?
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by skyscraperTM(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2013
Hehehehehehe, watching is 7D.

Aboki' s wey dey chop s'hit go hear dis one sOooo? Those guys no get joy Oooo!!

I JUST HOPE THIS WOULDN'T BE THE GENESIS OF BOKO-BOYS MENACE IN OGUN STATE.
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2013
Front page hurray anyway i have one thing to say

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 9:37am On Nov 07, 2013
akereconfi: should I comment?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Orikinla(m): 9:40am On Nov 07, 2013
[size=28pt]LET US BAN CATTLE HERDING OR REARING IN ALL STATES IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA.
LET THOSE HAUSA FULANI HERDSMEN BRING THEIR CATTLE TO THE MARKET, SELL THEM AND LEAVE![/size]

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
left it in the toilet let me go back and get cant you read

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by nerodenero: 9:42am On Nov 07, 2013
Wish a law can be passed such that grazing of cattle and indiscriminate movement of nomads are restricted or prohibited. This will go a long towards reducing or total control of the incessant fights between farmers and fulanis.
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Dagoma: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Tactical victimisation of the Fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by nerodenero: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2013
slimthugchimee: Front page hurray anyway i have one thing to say
Ooops, got you here!!! I can see you are also happy you made front page wink
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by theplanmaker: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2013
majority of these nomadic fulani peeps are highway robbers, I have heard a lot and personally witnessed their activities. every other state should be weary of them
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]LET US BAN CATTLE HERDING OR REARING IN ALL STATES IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA.
LET THOSE HAUSA FULANI HERDSMEN BRING THEIR CATTLE TO THE MARKET, SELL THEM AND LEAVE![/size]
mtchwwwww tribalist am not hausa oh
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by nerodenero: 9:44am On Nov 07, 2013
Dagoma: Tactical victimisation of the Fulanis.
Controlling their cattle-heads from wrecking havoc in local communities.
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Jaideyone(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Nice development
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by AGBORMAN1(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]LET US BAN CATTLE HERDING OR REARING IN ALL STATES IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA.

I AGREED WITH YOU 110%

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 9:47am On Nov 07, 2013
nerodenero: Ooops, got you here!!! I can see you are also happy you made front page wink
atleast you are behind me tongue
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by fowowe411: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2013
slimthugchimee: Front page hurray anyway i have one thing to say
grow up kid! sad
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 9:48am On Nov 07, 2013
No pix it aint real
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Jaideyone(m): 9:48am On Nov 07, 2013
Dagoma: Tactical victimisation of the Fulanis.
mumu so the governor should allow U savages to continue wrecking havoc all over the place?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2013
fowowe411: grow up kid! sad
am still 16 tongue
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2013
A nice move to curtail the excesses of Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by nku5: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Gbam! This is how serious governments deal with this menace
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by Burger01(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2013
These cattle rearers self! Why can't they rear their frigging cattle in their frigging homelands They are always looking for troubles where peace reigns.

angry
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 10:06am On Nov 07, 2013
There are very small people in this post today

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 10:08am On Nov 07, 2013
This is racism
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Burger01: These cattle rearers self! Why can't they rear their frigging cattle in their frigging homelands They are always looking for troubles where peace reigns.

angry
tribalist
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by seunfly: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2013
Tribalist watch out, pls don't devour the thread.
This is excellent move, i wish gove can create a designated zone for cattle rearing in each state.
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by slimthugchimee(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis by 1shortblackboy: 10:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Already Made Business Plan For The Production Of Polythene Shopping Bags (nylon) / Garba Shehu: Presidential Poll Better Than Past Elections In Nigeria / Who Is An Indigene Of Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.