Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

My Baby - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby (4938 Views)

Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Poster, how old r u?
R u a child-bride?

Since u don't know what to do,
May I suggest these;
U can contact a barren woman and sell d baby.(Boy is costlier o!),
Or dash him out(God will reward u)or
Package the child my way.
If u agree on d third, do let me know so I can send my contact. I will generously reward u.
Tenk
Re: My Baby by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Another WTH thread.
From the OP that would rather let her child die than disrespect MIL to the MIL that is obviously suffering from mental illness to the lily-livered husband...
Match made in hell.

4 Likes

Re: My Baby by EfemenaXY: 7:20am On Nov 07, 2013
ileobatojo:

Madam, your mother in law might be slowly killing your baby. Giving too much water is extremely dangerous to a baby because their kidneys are significantly immature and cannot deal with all the water. It will cause the salt in the body to be low which can lead to brain swelling, seizures, coma and death. A baby should be having mostly breastmilk or properly constituted formula not water or sugar water. Please wake up and save your baby before it is too late.

That explanation of yours is just to 'high-level' for the likes of @OP.

You need to bring it down to her level - a good slap should do the trick.

1 Like

Re: My Baby by brain54(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Efemena_xy: I give up - @OP, goodluck.

ASUU dey do una strong thing...
oga grammer na you sabi speak english pass?if u be english teacher stick to ur pupils in school and dnt always come here to rant and lament about ASUU. how you take know if the o.p is educated or has anything to do with ASUU?
you "give up" dude give up on ur self. people with meaningful contribution av deduced wot she is ttrying to say and av offered their advice.you stay they the chase shadow..english teacher abeg stay corner ist. nno one cares if u give up a thhousand times.

7 Likes

Re: My Baby by EfemenaXY: 7:54am On Nov 07, 2013
^^ Ignores the piece of shyte up there.
Re: My Baby by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
What do you mean by not being able to bath a baby?how did you manage to deliver the child? This thread is beyond annoying undecided......

1 Like

Re: My Baby by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
Increasing your milk supply

Milk production is a demand & supply process. If you need to increase milk supply, it’s important to understand how milk is made – understanding this will help you to do the right things to increase production.

To speed milk production and increase overall milk
supply, the key is to remove more milk from the breast
and to do this frequently, so that less milk accumulates
in the breast between feedings.

OK, now on to things that can help increase your milk
supply:

-»Make sure that baby is nursing efficiently.
If milk is not effectively removed from the breast, then mom’s milk supply decreases. If positioning and latch are
“off” then baby is probably not transferring milk
efficiently. A sleepy baby can also
interfere with baby’s ability to transfer milk. Inefficient milk transfer can lead to baby not
getting enough milk or needing to nurse almost
constantly to get enough milk. If baby is not
transferring milk well, then it is important for mom to
express milk after and/or between nursings to maintain
milk supply while the breastfeeding problems are being
addressed.

-»Nurse frequently, and for as long as your baby is
actively nursing. Remember – you want to remove more
milk from the breasts and do this frequently. If baby is
having weight gain problems, aim to nurse at least every
1.5-2 hours during the day and at least every 3 hours at
night.

-»Take a nursing vacation. Take baby to bed with you for
2-3 days, and do nothing but nurse (frequently!) and rest
(well, you can eat too!).

-»Offer both sides at each feeding. Let baby finish the
first side, then offer the second side.
Switch nurse. Switch sides 3 or more times during each
feeding, every time that baby falls asleep, switches to
“comfort” sucking, or loses interest. Use each side at
least twice per feeding.

-»Avoid pacifiers and bottles. All of baby’s sucking needs
should be met at the breast. If a temporary
supplement is medically required, it can be given with a
nursing supplementer or by spoon, cup or dropper.

-»Give baby only breastmilk. Avoid all solids, water, and
formula if baby is younger than six months, and consider
decreasing solids if baby is older. If you are using more
than a few ounces of formula per day, wean from the
supplements gradually to “challenge” your breasts to
produce more milk.

-»Take care of mom. Rest. Sleep when baby sleeps. Relax.
Drink liquids to thirst (don’t force liquids – drinking
extra water does not increase supply), and eat a
reasonably well-balanced diet.

Source: kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/
Re: My Baby by Allwility: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
I believe it's a good thing you spoke up. Believe me, lots of women are facing similar predicaments in the hands of nosy extended-family members and you are speaking up for them! Much as we love and appreciate our extended family, couples should know when to draw the red line.

3 Likes

Re: My Baby by kpdc85: 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
I really do appreciate everybodys comment n advice.av hidden d glucose so shes forced to hand me my baby to breastfeed dats if she doesnt fill her stomach while bathin her.my bossom is full now n so hurting,my mil actually still gav my baby glucos water to tak befor i cud enter d room,i had to complain bitterly to her
Re: My Baby by kpdc85: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
wen i ws complainin she said en y didnt i give her breast since birth dat assumin breast wasnt comin out dat wudnt i give d glucose water.i told her its d doctor who said once milk starts comin out i sud stop d water.i had to hide d glucose,she ws later lookin for it n i jus ignored her as if i didnt knw wat she ws lookin for

3 Likes

Re: My Baby by ladygogo: 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
kpdc85: my
mother inlaw is being possessive of my child.now for her to even allow me
breastfeed d child so d sucking wud stimulate d breastmilk to come out
is a problem,she kips telling me to let d child rest,so she startd givin
d child water,my baby was going almost 2days old feedin on only
water.[b[b]]now shes saying shes taking d child to lafia where she stays.i
think dats probably d reason she doesnt want me to breast feed d child
so she doesnt get used to breastmilk or somtin.[/b]The family is a nice
family n i really dnt want any trouble wit my stepmum,wat can i do?
she actually said i sudnt buy more clothes n showel for d baby dat d
ones her children used r still available,(over 30yrs)she wore my baby
pampers bt put tissue inside first so d pampers wudnt get soiled
quick,she has refused using baby oil on my babys head [/b]n her head kips
getting dry

So how is your baby going to survive without breastmilk if she is taken to lafia?

Nah! This story aint real!(in my akata accent).
Re: My Baby by ladygogo: 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
stillwater: Another WTH thread.
From the OP that would rather let her child die than disrespect MIL to the MIL that is obviously suffering from mental illness to the lily-livered husband...
Match made in hell.

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Baby by ladygogo: 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
kpdc85: I really do appreciate everybodys comment n advice.av hidden d glucose so shes forced to hand me my baby to breastfeed dats if she doesnt fill her stomach while bathin her.my bossom is full now n so hurting,my mil actually still gav my baby glucos water to tak befor i cud enter d room,i had to complain bitterly to her

@Op. Why are you writing like this? your comment is painful to read.

1 Like

Re: My Baby by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
kpdc85: wen i ws complainin she said en y didnt i give her breast since birth dat assumin breast wasnt comin out dat wudnt i give d glucose water.i told her its d doctor who said once milk starts comin out i sud stop d water.i had to hide d glucose,she ws later lookin for it n i jus ignored her as if i didnt knw wat she ws lookin for

Good. Please breastfeed that baby at the most every 3 hrs unless he/she wants to sleep a little longer at night. No more water or glucose water and definitely not before feeding. Hide all the glucose water in the house and make sure your husband does not buy any more. Tell him of the dangers of giving too much water to a newborn so that he can support you. Make sure you follow up for all the baby's pediatrician visits.

1 Like

Re: My Baby by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 08, 2013
you hid the glucose water? y not flush it down the toilet HISS.
May the child not die
People are feeding newborns every 2hours and you're here talking grammar. You really have time on your hands that's why. When you shud be having sleepless nights cos baby is feeding nonstop.

The time you browse on Nairaland couldnt you google breastfeeding tips
Wake up from your slumber before you cause your baby mental retardation from starvation.

Even if MIL was born in poverty isn't the cheapest way to feed a baby by breastmilk?
Na poor people dey breastfeed pass and adding akamu to top it up.

If your child dies it is YOU she will blame. Niceness my ass angry
Re: My Baby by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2013
salsera: you hid the glucose water? y not flush it down the toilet HISS.
May the child not die
People are feeding newborns every 2hours and you're here talking grammar. You really have time on your hands that's why. When you shud be having sleepless nights cos baby is feeding nonstop.

The time you browse on Nairaland couldnt you google breastfeeding tips
Wake up from your slumber before you cause your baby mental retardation from starvation.

Even if MIL was born in poverty isn't the cheapest way to feed a baby by breastmilk?
Na poor people dey breastfeed pass and adding akamu to top it up.

If your child dies it is YOU she will blame. Niceness my ass angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Flush ke or throw away?
Poster violent takes it by force.
Thank God u have started breastfeeding ur baby.
You will see a difference in the kinda love btw the 2 of u now which is called bonding.
Just stay with ur MIL when she is bathing ur child for 2day and u wil lean hw to bath ur baby
My mum was with me in my first 3mths. Like 3wks after i put 2bed, she told me she was going to my sister's place. I was waiting for her to come back ard 6pm, she called me to tell me she wasnt coming . I shouted hw she expected to bath dat baby. She hanged up. I was so scared to handle her because after applying soap, she wuld become slippery but i summoned up courage. My mum stayed 2days and dats hw i learnt to bath baby.
Try it one morning before ur MIL wakes up, bath ur baby, dress her up and feed her. Put her to bed after. Ur MIL will be shocked and from dat day she will know her presence is no longer relevant in dat house.
Dnt try to cause any enmity. Just try to do wot she is doing for that child.

1 Like

Re: My Baby by zaynie(f): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
@ nikkykay, dts xactly what was on ma mind.
@ op, evn if it means waking up @ 4am, wake up bfor her n bath ur baby, if u r scared lay a mackintosh on d bed,use a wet towel to scrub her body do this for a few days to build ur confidence to bath d baby. Den for pete's sake, get a job; even if it is a virtual job. Jes form 1 lie dt ur 6ta has found a job for u sumwia, hence ur lafia trip wil b cancelled. Evry opportunity u aff, carrry/ back ur child. Don't call d child by her given name, call her omo mii, names dt only u as a mother is allowed. Abeg Ooº°˚˚° dt baby needs u to protect n care for her.
Re: My Baby by soulglo: 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
Is there something wrong with you? I am tired of these silly posts. Why is this even up for negotiation. Why are you looking for reasons for her. There's something wrong with you. I'm utterly confused
Re: My Baby by soulglo: 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
OP if you cannot protect your child then you are not fit to be a mother. How dare you let your child starve. If you were in the US I would call child protective services on your ass because you are an unfit mother. You don't deserve that child. Really? Get the heck outta here. Men so pissed just reading through this thread. Slap yourself.
Re: My Baby by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
kpdc85: wen i ws complainin she said en y didnt i give her breast since birth dat assumin breast wasnt comin out dat wudnt i give d glucose water.i told her its d doctor who said once milk starts comin out i sud stop d water.i had to hide d glucose,she ws later lookin for it n i jus ignored her as if i didnt knw wat she ws lookin for

Ahhh. Since morning. You nearly made me break my phone because of anger. Thank God for this update.
Re: My Baby by vanitty: 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
Bless you OP, your posting signifies that you are "Omo jeje" that hates "argument"

If you are not producing breast milk, get some age appropriate formula and feed her, Poor baby might be starving.

When it comes to your baby, please you are allowed to go as crazy as you wish for their safety. Follow your instinct, if you feel it is not right, it is not.

Do you have an elderly relative that can come and do omugo as well? I fear mama is taking the piss and talking crazy because she knows your character.
Re: My Baby by vanitty: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
[quote author=soul_glo]OP if you cannot protect your child then you are not fit to be a mother. How dare you let your child starve. If you were in the US I would call child protective services on your ass because you are an unfit mother. You don't deserve that child. Really? Get the heck outta here. Men so pissed just reading through this thread. Slap yourself.[/quote

How insensitive.
Just shut up.
Re: My Baby by baby124: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
Some posts on NL can nearly give someone stroke.
Rukemi291:

Ahhh. Since morning. You nearly made me break my phone because of anger. Thank God for this update.
Rotflmao
Re: My Baby by tegabetty: 6:29am On Nov 10, 2013
Pls if u av a sibling U can trust or if ur Mum is still alive, run 2 dem, don't let ur hubby know 4 now. Wen u av weaned ur baby properly, den u can let him know where u are N instruct him nt to tell his Mum. Dat is Mother, wateva are reasons are, dosent sound good 2me
Re: My Baby by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2013
baby_123: Some posts on NL can nearly give someone stroke.
Rotflmao

sincerely, i felt so bad for her. I had the relief when i saw the update. May God continue to give her strength to fight for herself, her baby and her family.

Op. Please come and tell us how far?
Re: My Baby by kpdc85: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2013
what can i say,she has deduced i dnt lik som of herr methods,atleast i breastfeed my baby well now witout any arguement.as for d lafia trip,my husband doesnt want his baby to go witout me n me am using my stitches as excuse.n mil is leavin today cos of work,so which eva way i av to bath my baby.God help me
Re: My Baby by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2013
Thank God she is going sef. Don't worry about bathing your baby. If your relatives are not close by, you could go to your hospital and request for an elderly nurse to teach you how to bathe your baby.
Infact, go to youtube and you will see different videos on it.

I just wonder what your MIL has achieved when she didnt teach you how to do anything for her grandchild.
Re: My Baby by Abidex114(f): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
kpdc85: it sounds unbelievable bt its d fact,there r even oda little tins i didnt say.lik dis nite afta bathin d child i insisted she gives me d child to breastfeed,bt kept sayinn no dat d child sud drink glucose water first,of which anytim my baby drinks d water first she wnt suck properly,shes still learin to suck bt my mil say its water first,she even called me a lecturer cos i ws insisting
You must be a dude, sorry to say. To hell with humble family and the wicked mother in law. Are you also okay? Two days old baby?tell her to go to hell and leave the innocent baby alone. Ai le soro ibere ori buruku ni o
Re: My Baby by soulglo: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Can people stop blaming the MIL. She is doing what she wants to do. It is the OP that has chosen not to do what she needs to do.

@ Vannity
I might be insensitive but you are a ninny. I feel no sympathy for the OP because she CHOSE to let her defenseless newborn starve rather than stand up for her. So I really don't give a rats 4rse what you feel.
Re: My Baby by Wislet(f): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2013
good thing your baby is feeding well now..... And getting bathed by YOU too. Right?

Update! Update!

Nigerians are really caring people. See how everyone is so passionate about another person and her baby. Good attitude people.

@OP, don't be scared, ok? You are now a MOTHER. Nature has ALREADY bestowed you with some talents you might not think you have which you need to be able to effectively take care of your baby. Try doing those things and see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Identical Triplets Have Got The Internet Buzzing With Their Looks / Help My Marriage Am Depressed / If You Were To Be The Opposite Sex For An Hour, What Will U Do First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.