Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Take On Building Collapse @ Muri Okunola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Building Collapse @ Muri Okunola (400 Views)

Enter Chad: It’s Now A Story Of Boko Haram Defeating Boko Haram - Dr Aliyu Muri / Court Orders T.B. Joshua To Testify On Nov. 5 Over Synagogue Building Collapse / Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Building Collapse @ Muri Okunola by AceVentura: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
2 days ago, someone posted this on NL about a building that collapsed @ Muri Okunola Str in Victoria Island.

https://www.nairaland.com/1504705/building-collapsed-muri-okunola-victoria

I had an appointment @ the same Muri Okunola Str yesterday & decided to drive in through Ligali Ayorinde Str only to realize that the collapsed building was the site of the old local government area which was pulled down by the LG chairman to make room for a "bigger & an ultra modern" edifice. He leased the new building right next to the old LG to give room for the redevelopment.

One thing that baffles me is this, what in the world happened to the old structure? There's a saying that once there's mismanagement, someone gains. This scenario is totally different cos it just backfired. The contractor should be held responsible to give account of what he/ she did.

Some one was seen trying to spray "X" which means "marked for demolition" to cover up their flaws. What do they think we are? I'm not a politician so I have no beef with the parties but I suggest that the right authorities shouldn't sweep this under the carpet. It should be investigated & appropriate sanctions meted out to the defaulter.

That's my take on this matter.

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Commences Suit Seeking To Sack Chime ! / Aba Currently Under Siege From T.A Orji's Criminal Tax Urchins. / Ghana Sacks Minister, Victoria Hammah, Over $1m Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.