Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (4367 Views)

Hausa Youths Attack Yoruba In Osun, Five Injured / ‘My Wife Committed Suicide Because I Caught Her Cheating' - Suspect / Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 3:24am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: . by londoner: 3:28am On Nov 07, 2013
@Op, there is nothing scientific about your "research"......your conclusion was the one you set out to reach, you simply built favourable opinion around it to justify the assertion you already hold.

I'm sure most criminals do not target based on ethnic background......if that were so Kidnapping of Igbos by fellow Igbos would not happen.

1 Like

Re: . by DuduNegro: 4:03am On Nov 07, 2013
grin grin

Ukpa!!

I love this topic.
Re: . by DuduNegro: 4:18am On Nov 07, 2013
babe_online: Nlanders please contribute.

I am greatly surprised at the hate tribes from different part of Nigeria have for each other.

Why would some people decide to kill and/or inflict serious injuries on others based on their tribe in their own state/region?

This level of hate is really high and surprising and to think the reason why some people inflict serious injury on others is because of a war that happened decades ago, is really shocking to say the least.

Please can we put a stop to this hate and remember that the actions of one man/few people cannot be used to judge and harm millions of people?

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

If i share my thoughts on this subject i will be banned until after madam255 has finished serving sentence in Alagbon. grin
Re: . by CyberG: 4:29am On Nov 07, 2013
This is another argument for state police and even more regionalism. Until Nigeria devolves into smaller, cohesive units it will be impossible to checkmate crimes of this nature. I can see merit in the argument of the respondents and the only key is better community policing where community means the regions, where criminals can be known and dealt with long before they have had a chance to perpetrate their criminal acts.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 4:58am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: . by CyberG: 5:12am On Nov 07, 2013
babe_online:
Not just that. Hate crime should not be ignored.

Yes I agree and it is systematic genocide. It is important for the people being victimized to respond with more deadly and brutal force until Nigeria is arranged in a way that allows the law to punish crimes without any room of escape.
Re: . by passion007: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2013
You call this a 'scientific analysis'

Smh.

Just in case you're unaware what a research should be, check out these links:

https://www.nairaland.com/1488648/southwest-kidnap-capital-nigeria

Interesting revelations emerged from a crime study by the National Crime and Victimization Survey, 2013:

1. You're Four (4) times more likely to be r.aped in the SW than in the SE

2. You're Three (3) times more likely to be robbed in Ondo, than in Ebonyi

3. You're more likely to be kidnapped in the SW than anywhere else in Southern Nigeria.

4. You're Three (3) times more likely to be murdered in the SW than in the SE

5.Your phone is twice (2) at risk of being stolen in Ekiti than in Ebonyi

6. Your car is 2.5 times more at risk of being stolen in Lagos than in the SE.

7. You're twice at risk of being the victim of armed violence (other than robbery) in Lagos than in the SE

8. If you reside in Ogun or Ondo, you're much more likely to live in fear of crime than if you reside in Enugu or Ebonyi

The South East is certainly one of the safest place in Nigeria. The figures are verifiable, numbers don't lie.

Here's the link to the study:

http://www.cleen.org/Text%20Report%20of%202013%20NCVS%20Findings.pdf
https://www.nairaland.com/1490847/south-west-nigeria-kidnap-capital

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 07, 2013
babe_online: Is there any difference in crimes committed in Yoruba land by non Yoruba to those committed by Yoruba people in Yoruba land?

...Due to continuous debate over Igbo criminal act in Lagos by fellow comrades and Yoruba nationalist, I have to go into this research to clear the wave on some matters.
This write up is not meant to degrade or derogate any ethnicity in Nigeria, but to scientifically analyse the issues on ground and claims by many.

...This post is not in any way meant to paint any ethnicity black or evil or criminal minded, but scientifically carried out to determine if there is any difference on crime scene if the criminals are non-native Yoruba.

OP, please edit the topic to "A scientific research to prove that there is a difference between the outcome of crimes committed by Igbos and those committed by Yorubas in Western Nigeria"
Thanks
Re: . by passion007: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2013
babe_online:
Why not go and carry out your research since there is nothing scientific about this one?

At least, someone has done his.

And by the way I wont be surprised if this research is being replicated many times and the same result is gotten!

Please, do not refer to that jumbled-up article as a research finding--No, not even as a joke!!!
Even if that's the kind of research they do in SW universities (by dint of the UNILAG graduate student who conclusively proved that like poles of magnets repel, thus homosexuality is wrong), don't embarrass the rest of us who are actually doing worthy research. Eg:

From UNN:
https://www.nairaland.com/1501161/unn-researcher-secures-patent-development
A researcher in the Department of pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry,
University of Nigeria Nsukka, Justus Nwaoga, has been granted the patent right
for the sole use and advantage of inventing the development of Mimosa
Pudica, locally known as “touch and die weed” into solar cells.

UNN Alumnus breaks new grounds in Chlamydia research:

http://unn.edu.ng/news/unn-alumnus-breaks-new-grounds-chlamydia-research

UNN Student develops amateur rocket propellant

http://unn.edu.ng/news/unn-student-develops-amateur-rocket-propellant

United Nations agency enrolls UNN member

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=1363

Lesson you need to learn: you can't just slap 'research' in front of anything and expect to get away with it!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 07, 2013
The only difference is that Yoruba crimes don't make front page. I can honestly open a thread on 40 yoruba crimes that had been hidden by Mukina in the past 3 weeks and that for me and every truth loving nigerian is evil on itself. Crimes should not be swept under the carpet. Just check out this one alone and give reasons why it should not or didn't make front page. https://www.nairaland.com/1505077/pregnant-mother-two-7-others If we must love one another I think people in position of authority like Seun and Mukina should start viewing and acting in accordance to law of fairness and justice. I am not saying they are not trying but,they themselves knows that there is always clear evidents of bias reporting and treatment on Nairaland.
Re: . by geeez: 7:11am On Nov 07, 2013
70% of residents in Yorubaland are of Yoruba origin

80% of crimes in Yorubaland are committed by people of non-Yoruba origin

95% of crimes in other regions outside Yorubaland are committed by people from those regions

1 Like

Re: . by LadyExcellency: 7:14am On Nov 07, 2013
The respondents in the survey were merely reporting perceived reactions of criminals based on long standing distrusts existing between ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Yorubas indoctrinated their children that Igbos will spare their people while killing other people from different ethnicity while they believe that Igbos are indoctrinating their children to hate the Yorubas based on a perceived betrayal during the civil war.

In Nigeria, associations, partnerships, alliances, marriages are formed based largely on common interest

Some Igbos take side with the Yorubas while some Yorubas also take side with the Igbos/Hausa etc.
Re: . by Tblack785: 7:15am On Nov 07, 2013
Like I predicted, they banned me and hide my post. See am they ban me ooo for the ridiculous reason too, just posting pictures kwa.

Oh well I'm not one to go around my ban, I serve it out but I didn't want this myth busted to stay hidden so I got this Id. You won't see this ID again, I just wanted to leave this for the interested. Luckily for me, I went back and recopied my comment that I typed, posted in on words doc and took a screen shot of my comment that they didn't want shown.

Re: . by londoner: 7:16am On Nov 07, 2013
babe_online:

I don't see any scientific research done......all I see is some barbershop gossip to legitimize a tribalist mentality.

We all know that both Igbos and Yorubas and everyone else is, and have been victims criminals in Lagos and the SW......the motivation is MONEY not revenge. Its actually laughable that someone even suggested this.

You explain to me what was "scientific" about it.

I have no need what so ever to go about trying to gather information to entrench ethnic biases.

Why not go and carry out your research since there is nothing scientific about this one?

At least, someone has done his.

And by the way I wont be surprised if this research is being replicated many times and the same result is gotten!
Re: . by snika: 7:26am On Nov 07, 2013
Non-yoruba crimes: Seasoned, salted and peppered by SaharatReporters and co., posted in Nairaland's front page ASAP.

Yoruba crimes: Dodged and never reported. If ever reported, smuggled and never publisized.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 07, 2013
Interesting read.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 07, 2013
londoner:
I don't see any scientific research done......all I see is some barbershop gossip to legitimize a tribalist mentality.

We all know that both Igbos and Yorubas and everyone else is, and have been victims criminals in Lagos and the SW......the motivation is MONEY not revenge. Its actually laughable that someone even suggested this.

You explain to me what was "scientific" about it.

I have no need what so ever to go about trying to gather information to entrench ethnic biases.

What the heck are you on about?

Can't you see it was a survey and what "tribalist mentality" is there to legitimise in an already tribalistic country?

Keep living in denial. undecided

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 07, 2013
This is a very good research wich can be used to identified the foot print of criminal in part of Nigeria! I hope OP got it published in a good journal?

1 Like

Re: . by nku5: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2013
The hungry yoruba nationalists who say there is a difference in crimes committed by yorubas in igbos in the south west are just fighting for their stomachs. Like the bonafide scum who carried out this laughable survey posted by the op they need to take advantage of anti-igbo feelings.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/godogodo-s-west-robbery-czar-nabbed-says-no-regrets-for-killing-policemen/

No igbo armed robber in the SW can be big time without getting caught in a short while, its a no brainer. Brutal murderers like Abiodun Godogodo operated for 16 years unchecked all over the SW. Infact his last robbery at the 04 Hotel Ajah was blamed by these same accursed yoruba nationalists on igbo robbers.
Re: . by dridowu: 8:09am On Nov 07, 2013
@nku5, who do u blame for godogodo that was not arrested for the past 16yrs ? If i am to blame, then my blame goes to the FG(police) that fails to do their work effectively for the last 16yrs.
So my brother crime is crime no matter the tribe involve
Re: . by nku5: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2013
dridowu: @nku5, who do u blame for godogodo that was not arrested for the past 16yrs ? If i am to blame, then my blame goes to the FG(police) that fails to do their work effectively for the last 16yrs.
So my brother crime is crime no matter the tribe involve

Crime is crime I agree. My point about godogodo is that it is more difficult for a non-indigene with no visible means of income to maintain a cover in somebody else's land for so long. Dem go catch u.

Its wrong to say that igbo robbers are more brutal than yoruba robbers. Haba! Criminal na criminal.
Re: . by dridowu: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2013
nku5:

Crime is crime I agree. My point about godogodo is that it is more difficult for a non-indigene with no visible means of income to maintain a cover in somebody else's land for so long. Dem go catch u.

Its wrong to say that igbo robbers are more brutal than yoruba robbers. Haba! Criminal na criminal.
100% very wrong to say one ethnic group is more brutal than others
Re: . by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Gov Aregbesola’s Son, Arrested In Lagos Airport Enroute UAE / This Is What Real Niggars Masturbaté With. (pictures) / Father Caught On Camera Making Love To His Daughter(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.