Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions (8619 Views)

PDP Denounce Claims Amaechi Is Considered For Cabinet / Arisekola Alao Wife Dies In Car Crash / Kenyatta Targets 1st Degree Holders For Cabinet List - Watch Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by olumaxi(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2013
Thank God..Dapo lam adesina is dia..the best sport commisioner ever produced in oyo state

1 Like

Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Anvaller: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
It is very glaring that he just selected a 2015 election cabinet.

Amongst them, he appointed the son of Alaafin, additional to one of his son that has been made more or less permanent chairman of Atiba Local Government but since Alaafin is insatiable, Ajimobi decided to appoint another of his son as a commissioner so that he can be very sure that Alaafin will support him for 2nd term. Once Alaafin is sufficiently fed fat, nobody else in Oyo town is relevant politically since he Alaafin tells them who they must vote for.

He appointed the son of Olubadan, to appease not only Olubadan but all the concomitant political influences of the Olubadan in Council so that they can have his back for the impending 2015 election.

He appointed the son of Arishekola the Grand Master Planner, The Chief Political Mercenary of Ibadan politics in order to appease him. Once Arishekola is appeased, to a large extent, the Ibadan Elders Forum is also pocketed.

He reappointed Dapo lam of course because if he didn't, the Lamist group in APC will declare open war against him since Lam is their only voice in his cabinet of which they had been protesting before of gross under representation. So he knows if he doesn't call Dapo back, it will surely spell doom for him.

Its all about feeding those that should be fed for a successful re-election.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by deols(f): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
and what if they are competent?

Isn't the governor to choose people he can work with?

I await 2015 sha..when Oyo state decides
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by deols(f): 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
olumaxi: Thank God..Dapo lam adesina is dia..the best sport commisioner ever produced in oyo state

How so? Never heard of his achievements. I was at Adamasingba sometime ago and the place is as old as it has always been.

Not sure if his ministry takes care of liberty stadium. the swimming pool there is dirtier than gutter water.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Anvaller: 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
deols: and what if they are competent?

and what if they are not competent? Or do u mean it is automatic that they will be competent since they are children of these ppl? We need to be more rational and less sentimental.

deols:

How so? Never heard of his achievements. I was at Adamasingba sometime ago and the place is as old as it has always been.

Not sure if his ministry takes care of liberty stadium. the swimming pool there is dirtier than gutter water.

Dapo doesn't have business with Liberty whatsoever. And I can tell u this, even though I am not a supporter of Dapo, infact Oyo APC in general since they are all thieves but I can tell you that I saw 3SC's matches on youtube and the main bowl is looking presentable plus a well laid pitch. I can't say any thing of other sport facilities within the complex.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by deols(f): 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
Anvaller:

and what if they are not competent? Or do u mean it is automatic that they will be competent since they are children of these ppl? We need to be more rational and less sentimental.

I actually am the one being rational by my post. Majority would criticise him for choosing those people. But what if they are competent?

Should they not get political appointments because of whom their fathers are?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by camronid(m): 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
Click on dis link and register http://standardmirror.pw/?id=Sunnydrums
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by miqos02(m): 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
kayusekay: Like ajimobi like GEJ,doin dis to win elcetion in 2015,mucheww,

ON POINT
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by funnyx(m): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ridiculously disgusting cry cry cry
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Waspy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kai, and the list still long o, when e go reach me nao undecided
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by funnyx(m): 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
olumaxi: Thank God..Dapo lam adesina is dia..the best sport commisioner ever produced in oyo state

How? Don't be a sycophant it doesn't usually end well.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by funnyx(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
After recycling all the yeye old politicians finish they have now started with their children undecided
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by freshboi34(m): 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
kayusekay: Our govt r carzy,imagine pple they r well knw nd hvin moni already,putin der son into d cabinat,to hold a post in nigeria todae u need to b d son of politic leader in d country,foolish pple,SMH

Smh for yhu..I doubt whether u passed thru elementary school...jez correct ursef anyweiz...oloyinbo buruku
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Gabassin: 2:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
Donalð Genes:

And i am qualified too,why won't they look my face ni?
bobo go to oke ogun dem go see u der... cheesy cheesy shocked
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Jilo83(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
Gabassin: bobo go to oke ogun dem go see u der... cheesy cheesy shocked
is oke ogun anoda state?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Okikiade(m): 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
WHIZBRO: N E P O T I S M
Of the highest order! "Pseudo-Democratic Progressive"! SMH! Is this what want from their so-called progressivism?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Okikiade(m): 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
deols: and what if they are competent?

we're all waiting to use our weapon to another option!Secretly siphoning public fund!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Olaone1: 1:09am On Nov 08, 2013
Well, 3SC, our club, already relegated. He really performed. undecided
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Olaone1: 1:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Anvaller:

God bless you. Hmm, the bane of nigeria. sad
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Olaone1: 1:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Progressives angry angry
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Olaone1: 1:17am On Nov 08, 2013
Anvaller:

He appointed the son of Olubadan, to appease not only Olubadan but all the concomitant political influences of the Olubadan in Council so that they can have his back for the impending 2015 election.
He also bought 2 new vehicles for Olubadan late last year. One's a pick-up van. From State coffers. I have the details here. And, I know why angry
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by chaplin4u: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Anvaller: It is very glaring that he just selected a 2015 election cabinet.

Amongst them, he appointed the son of Alaafin, additional to one of his son that has been made more or less permanent chairman of Atiba Local Government but since Alaafin is insatiable, Ajimobi decided to appoint another of his son as a commissioner so that he can be very sure that Alaafin will support him for 2nd term. Once Alaafin is sufficiently fed fat, nobody else in Oyo town is relevant politically since he Alaafin tells them who they must vote for.

He appointed the son of Arishekola the Grand Master Planner, The Chief Political Mercenary of Ibadan politics in order to appease him. Once Arishekola is appeased, to a large extent, the Ibadan Elders Forum is also pocketed.

He reappointed Dapo lam of course because if he didn't, the Lamist group in APC will declare open war against him since Lam is their only voice in his cabinet of which they had been protesting before of gross under representation. So he knows if he doesn't call Dapo back, it will surely spell doom for him.

Its all about feeding those that should be fed for a successful re-election.

Took the word out of my mouth. But really considering the delicate politics of Oyo state I can boldly say Senator Ajimobi has good political strategy for 2015.

I wonder at ignorance of some people! It is known in Yoruba land that the kings (Obas) wield power and influence over the people. The Alafin controls the affairs of the Oyos, likewise the Shoun of Ogbomoso.

If you can recall that the votes of Ogbomoso is about a quarter of the general votes, likewise the votes of Ibadan. Including the son of one of the most influencial elder statesman, Arisekola in the mix is placing icing on the cake. With the influence of these Obas, I would rightly say Senator Ajimobi has positioned himself rightly for victory in 2015.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Rexyl(m): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2013
Just these questions. Is this kind of political design good or bad and will you recommend it for all states and ruling parties? And will you be totally satisfied with kind of formula?

I am of the opinion that kings shouldn't be dragged to politics cos their subjects are from different political affiliations, except they have chosen to be politicians, and this will likely bring about contempt and distrust towards to throne.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
Obiagelli: Absolutely disgusting, sometimes this Apc people scare me.
They are quite scary even with the way of wooing the G-7 .... Inviting the bad eggs is the beginning of their failure !!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
donroxy: They are quite scary even with the way of wooing the G-7 .... Inviting the bad eggs is the beginning of their failure !!
yeah instead of wooing the electorate. Nigerians themselves have always voted crooks, i guess buhari learnt this the hard way, Nigerians will never vote an upright guy.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Obiagelli:
yeah instead of wooing the electorate. Nigerians themselves have always voted crooks, i guess buhari learnt this the hard way, Nigerians will never vote an upright guy.
I wonder why Tinubu/Buhari and Akande are begging these people to come and Join Progressives even Bukola/Fatah Ahmed ...... Ahahaha !!!

Tis not as if the G7 are having Ideological Problem with PDP, their problem is simply GEJ, I wonder why APC would allowed the G7 to used their platform and defect later which was what Atiku did for ACN ..... !!!

It seems Nigeria is yet to have alternative,I'm still watching events keenly as I'm not yet ready to concede to those who tagged PDP and APC as Bird of feathers !!!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by Rexyl(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
donroxy: I wonder why Tinubu/Buhari and Akande are begging these people to come and Join Progressives even Bukola/Fatah Ahmed ...... Ahahaha !!!

Tis not as if the G7 are having Ideological Problem with PDP, their problem is simply GEJ, I wonder why APC would allowed the G7 to used their platform and defect later which was what Atiku did for ACN ..... !!!

It seems Nigeria is yet to have alternative,I'm still watching events keenly as I'm not yet ready to concede to those who tagged PDP and APC as Bird of feathers !!!

There is nothing progressive in any party as at present with the look of things. The politicians are just using all means to win the consent of the electorates. All they want is your cheap support and vote. The term progressive is not in any party but in individual that determines to rule as such.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by bayopasuma: 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
Some of Dapo Lam's achievements in two years

Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by bayopasuma: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Some of Dapo Lam's achievements in two years

Re: Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions by bayopasuma: 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
GOVERNOR ABIOLA AJIMOBI AND DAPO LAM ADESINA's ACHIEVEMENT IN THE SPORTS SECTOR IN TWO YEARS.

.Ongoing renovation of the Swimming pool at Adamasingba stadium,Oyo state youth centre and the Oyo state executive gymnasium.
.Crown fc of Ogbomosho got promoted to the premier league.(August 2013)
.Rescucitated the Olubadan cup and introduced the Alaafin,Soun,Ibarapa and Oke ogun cups.(June 2013)
• 2nd Edition of the Rebranded and Resuscitated Governor’s Cup. (27th May, 2013).
• 2nd Edition of Oyo State Job and Entrepreneurship Fair with Skill Acquisition and Settlement Scheme where 273 youth were empowered and hundreds employed. (May, 2013).
• Another100% Increase in Athletes’ Reward for the Oyo State Contingents at the last National Sports Festival ‘EKO 2012’. (1st March, 2013)
.Provured a brand new substitution board for shooting stars.(April 2013)
• Renovation of the Lekan Salami Indoor Sports Hall.
• 2nd Oyo State Special Sports where 60 wheel chairs were distributed to winners. (April, 2013)
• The Oyo State Female Basketball Team got promoted to the Zenith Bank National League (January 2013)
• Crown F.C returned to Soun Stadium Ogbomosho for their home league matches. (January 2013)
• Oyo State won the 1st Medal at the just concluded National Sports festival. (December 2012)
• Oyo State produced the youngest medalist at the National Sports Festival ‘Eko 2012’ in line with our Grassroot Sports development. (December 2012)
• The State Basketball team reached the finals at the Sports Festival breaking a 21 year jinx. (December 2012)
• Support to the CCII Ibadan Cup i.e. donation of Trophies, Football and Soccer boots. (November 2012)
• Held the 1st Ever Shooting Stars Ex Players Forum (November 2012)
• Support to the Late Chief Lekan Salami Memorial Cup. i.e. donation of Trophy, Football and Soccer boots (November 2012)
• Oyo State Basketball team returned to the Nigerian Premier League after 13 years and came third after qualifying for the top four (October 2012)
• Successful hosting of the Zonal Elimination for Eko 2012 where Oyo State qualified for the highest number of games in recent history.(October 2012)
• Ensured massive turnouts at home matches for Shooting Stars Sports Club which resulted in a tremendous increase in the profit of the club and made the club realize almost 300% of the approved revenue target as at September 2012 thereby enhancing revenue generation of Oyo State
• Re –Grassed the Soun Stadium Pitch.(November 2012)
• Yakubu Adesokan’s world record breaking feat at the last London Paralympics. (September,2012)
• Financial support to Individuals (Ex-Stars), Associations and Sports Organizations.
• Hosted the 1st Ever Softball and Baseball Clinic in Nigeria
• Sponsorship of the Oyo State Under 17 Academicals team to South Carolina, USA (July, 2012).
• Successful hosting of the Maiden Edition of the National Academicals Football Competition organized by National Academicals Sports Committee (NASCOM) and won by the Oyo State Team which qualified them to represent Nigeria at South Carolina (July 2012)
• Organised the 1st Ever Oyo State Job and Entrepreneurship Youth Fair where over 700 Youth got jobs with different companies.(July 201)
• Embarked on the second phase of the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp Iseyin (New Dawn II)
• Resuscitated and Rebranded Governor’s Cup Competition among Secondary Schools in the State. (May 2012)
• Regular payment of Salaries of both players and Technical Crew of Shooting Stars Sports Club and Crown FC.
• Automatic employment as well as enrolment into feeders’ team; of two sons of a 3SC fan who died during one of the club premiership matches.
• Completion of the remodeling/renovation of the Lekan Salami Sports Complex Main Bowl. (July 2012).
• Completion of the 1st phase of the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp, Iseyin which includes 2 Hostel blocks, Commandants’ quarters, Directors’ quarters and some sporting facilities. (New Dawn) (May 2012).
• Secured a 7 –Bedroom apartment as Club Hostel for Players and Technical Crew to cut wasteful spending on Hotel bills by Shooting Stars Sports Club (December 2011).
• 12Million Naira (12M) Sponsorship deal with Dubic Lager Beer( A brand of Guinness Nigeria PLC) First of its kind in the history of Shooting Stars Sports Club (April 2012)
• 100 % increase in reward for the Port Harcourt 2011 Medal winning athletes. (August 2012)
•​Procurement of a 30- seater Coaster Bus, an 18 –seater Hiace Bus and 2 KIA Cerato Saloon Cars to ease transportation problems bedeviling the Shooting Stars Sports Club (December 2011)
• Support to the Oyo State Bankers’ Soccer Competition. (2011)
• Organized the Maiden Edition of Special Sports Competition where wheel chairs were distributed to winners. (Nov 2011)
• Successful Organization of the 1st Ever 3SC/Crown FC Stakeholder’s Forum (Nov 2011)
• Completion of the rehabilitation of Squash Hall at Lekan Salami Sports Complex (Nov 2011)
• Youth Empowerment Programme where 500 youth were empowered with tailoring,barring,fishing,vulcanizing,hairdressing and computer equipment. (August 2011)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Should Marry From Mbaise Community / Full Definition Of "Wailing Wailers" / Ghana Rated Above Nigeria In Use Of Oil Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.