Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,014 members, 7,856,079 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:32 PM

Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime (23579 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Clara Chime Packs-out Of Enugu Govt House, Opens Up / Clara Chime Under House-Arrest Imposed By Gov. Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by fortunejum: 11:49am On Nov 08, 2013
OCCULTISM
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 08, 2013
Interesting. . . .

Meanwhile. . . I slept with my girlfriend yesternight on the bed and woke up in a dry gutter CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY!

www.nairaland.com/1509531/slept-girlfriend-bed-woke-up

#TeamGOM
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2013
hopelink1: falana gbo tire tara eni las gbo

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by sleemfesh: 11:57am On Nov 08, 2013
freecocoa: Aren't to suppose to make me understand? I was only trying to tell you, you made no sense.

OK. Sorry for the sarcasm.
I'm not saying that custody by Chime is because he is a lawyer. It is because he is the legal guardian, the husband. If She was in no state to make a decision for herself and needs something done, it is not Falana or any lawyer that will be sought first. It is the husband whether a governor or lawyer or not. Unless Falana shows that he has done the right namely, trying to work or reason with the husband, then he is totally OUT OF LINE. Thats the truth, the logical and the correct thing to do. He must show that Chime has refused to take a proper action.

Come to think of it, nobody even knows what she 'told' Falana if and when. This is a family. It doesn't mean there are no rights of the human or that the husband can set limits to it but that the husband has the first and most important say.

And I ask again: what motive or interest does Chime have to keep his wife confined in the house for 4 months as alleged?

Locking someone up against their will is WRONG. But then you have to establish it first. If you don't take this diligence then our freedom is at stake. The same procedure that frees an innocent man must be applied in prosecuting the accused or u risk condemning the wrong person. Due diligence is it

2 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by boban007: 11:58am On Nov 08, 2013
Most of u ve forgotten how d greatest footballer in Africa Rasheedi yekini died.family members abducted him & place him under house arrest on d pretext dat he has mental issues.he had access to no one&was not taken to any hospital for treatment despite yekini's plea dat he was ok.he eventualy died in solitary confinement.the case is now in court for wilful murder&yekini's family has been begging his lawyer to drop charges against them.if falana had come to yekini"s rescue,I'm sure he would be alive today or worse seeking medical attention.

6 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by davidonyemayma: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wat's de problem with Yorubas? I thot Falana is a learned fellow. Does he realised dat his macabre dance & playing to de galary could destroy dat marriage? I hope someone enlightens him
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Decryptor(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
I don't support Sullivan Chime or domestic violence...but why that "scare-crow look-a-like" femi falana? undecided
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
yanshless: I don't know if I may be right but I've observed that Femi Falana always tends to quickly show some sort of morbid interest in matters that circles around a troubled IBO figure. He will then champion it or rekindle its flames to national prominence. Ha.
Check his records. Of late is the Odua predicament and now this Chime wife.
Are there not lots of prominent Yoruba Otunbas maltreating their wives or people? Can't he champion these ones?

Bia enyia, you are talking nonsense, falana is respectable a figure.

1 Like

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by freecocoa(f): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
sleemfesh:

OK. Sorry for the sarcasm.
I'm not saying that custody by Chime is because he is a lawyer. It is because he is the legal guardian, the husband. If She was in no state to make a decision for herself and needs something done, it is not Falana or any lawyer that will be sought first. It is the husband whether a governor or lawyer or not. Unless Falana shows that he has done the right namely, trying to work or reason with the husband, then he is totally OUT OF LINE. Thats the truth, the logical and the correct thing to do. He must show that Chime has refused to take a proper action.

Come to think of it, nobody even knows what she 'told' Falana if and when. This is a family. It doesn't mean there are no rights of the human or that the husband can set limits to it but that the husband has the first and most important say.

And I ask again: what motive or interest does Chime have to keep his wife confined in the house for 4 months as alleged?

Locking someone up against their will is WRONG. But then you have to establish it first. If you don't take this diligence then our freedom is at stake. The same procedure that frees an innocent man must be applied in prosecuting the accused or u risk condemning the wrong person. Due diligence is it
The thing here is that no one knows if she is in a position to make decisions for herself or not and that's why investigations should be made, you are practically saying, just because Chime said she's insane means she is, that's just wrong.

It has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt that she's mentally challenged before any other action can be taken, how can this be done if not by following up on the case?

I don't agree with you that Chime should have been consulted after Falana was contacted, the letter we all read didn't sound like what a mad woman wrote, it was a cry for help, now how do you go back asking for permission to come to someone's aid from the person who the complainant wants to be freed from?

There's no way to know who's telling the truth between husband and wife here except by investigating, firstly he did wrong by confining her so she should be released before any other thing follows.

And as for Chime's motives, my dear, who knows? With all these politicians one can never tell, especially with all the stories making rounds about Sullivan.

4 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by ifedayogal(f): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mayb clara knws TOO MUCH for a first lady nd has in one way or d oda threatened to reveal her husband's secret..
Which chime wont allow nd decided to subject her into psychological trauma...so dat even wen she speaks awt...pple wnt believe cos of her 'situation'
this is wot exactly apend in an episode of 24hours

3 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by lakeside4love(m): 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
TB Joshua beckon...Mr Chime y dis cruelty?...take d̶̲̥̅̊ɑ̣̣̝̇̇ţ woman τ̅o synagogue FO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я quick deliverance..ask Jim Iyke..
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by hollandis(f): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
davidonyema@yma:
Wat's de problem with Yorubas? I thot Falana is a learned fellow. Does he realised dat his macabre dance & playing to de galary could destroy dat marriage? I hope someone enlightens him

What kind of statement is this?why are Nigerians so chauvinistic ,no wonder many women divorce their husband on getting to the states and other western nations ,that animalistic ,uncivilised,uncouth ,inhuman ,chauvinsitic ,archaic and caveman mentality is still inherent in many Nigeria men hence the frequent reversion to barbarism

7 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Deschil: 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
SMH.
divinelove:

is like u cant comprehend simple English, u complete idio.t. well dt shld be ur problem nt mine. i didnt say she is mad, i only said human rights dnt apply to mad ppl.i kw u cant differentiate b/w d two fool.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by kunletoks(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
MY THOUGHT

I think Mrs Chime saw something bad that the Governor did and wants to voice out. But the Governor kept her so she will not be able to say the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by dad007(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
yanshless: I don't know if I may be right but I've observed that Femi Falana always tends to quickly show some sort of morbid interest in matters that circles around a troubled IBO figure. He will then champion it or rekindle its flames to national prominence. Ha.
Check his records. Of late is the Odua predicament and now this Chime wife.
Are there not lots of prominent Yoruba Otunbas maltreating their wives or people? Can't he champion these ones?
Ghen,ghen,tribal worriors don dey come small,small.Mata go soon jam rock....I dey go... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Deschil: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
My sister nairaland has opened my eyes-there are quite a number of Nigerian men who could do the same to their wives...may God protect us!!!
hollandis:

What kind of statement is this?why are Nigerians so chauvinistic ,no wonder many women divorce their husband on getting to the states and other western nations ,that animalistic ,uncivilised,uncouth ,inhuman ,chauvinsitic ,archaic and caveman mentality is still inherent in many Nigeria men hence the frequent reversion to barbarism

2 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Akshow: 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
divinelove:

i have not seen any wisdom or knowledge in d content of your post except an attempt to copy someones quote without due reference and dt is nt in line with best practice. There is nothing to suggest u r wise since there is no engagement of my post.
Mr man mecheuonu! Shut ur derri trap and carry shame modify those senseless posts u made. Stop proving to nairalanders that u a modaphucking ignoramus.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Tbken: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
gratieao: Falana, Nigeria latest comedian
And what makes you think you are not AKPORS

1 Like

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Tbken: 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Buoyantic: are you trying to do this? undecided
mr.lecturer after your useless correction.. You still didnt do it right
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by emmabest2000(m): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
yemmy_tee: Falana you on point jare...chime chime chime remember you almost died few months back and you where flown out for medicals...why can't you do the same for this lovely woman??allow her mother access aswell stop using her greedy brothers as a cover.
greedy brothers indeed grin

1 Like

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Idokosolomon(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Stop all dis unsenseless speech.She has don some thing wrong,so do nt judge one side.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
tpia@:
this script is not well written o.

all the sir galahad stuff would be better off in a nollywood movie, make una no cause uneccessary tension with una horniness/whatever.

@ shymexx and co.

i think grown women can make their own decisions, at most you and your lover/s should just carry yourselves to the nearest registry and do what you feel you have to do, even if na common law things, na una sabi.

Are you Hot or something? - what the fekky fvck is my handle doing there?

I can't find any post from my handle on this thread and I don't know who these people are, so why did you name-drop me on something that has absolutely nothing to do with me?

You dream about me, don't you? undecided
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by hugafella(m): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
I live in Enugu. I understand the lady is a bit sick, and he is detaining her in her best interest, and in the interest of the family name. No one wants to see a first lady displaying on the streets in the name of "human rights and feeedom".

On the other hand I may be wrong, since I'm not in government house. All I can say is that Falana should have taken the matter straight to court to "secure her release". Going to the press first makes one wonder what he really wants to achieve and shows him to be insensitive, immature and mischievous, since he knows how sensitive the issue is.

In igboland, marriage is taken seriously and matters concerning marriage problems are handled as such, and not taken to the circus.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Jman06(m): 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
hollandis:

What do u expect when a Nigerian man spends so much to get married,if not to treat his wife like his other 'properties'?@topic,i think mrs Chime is getting exactly what she deserves because she saw all the signs before the marriage but was carried away by power and wealth.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by meetchals: 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
safeact: [b][/b]It is a family affair!!! Pls stay off. Marriage course, lesson 2.
YOU are worse than pathetic. A woman, a human person is held hostage, AGAINS her will, and U can say this trash. A legal rep, no less than the legendary Femi Falani has the brief to represent the aggrieved person. But u, of course with your limited intellect, can spew the trash above. am sure u would jubilate if your relative were thus victimised!

2 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Ilox: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
This an act of tyranny. Wicked govnr

1 Like

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by divinelove(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
tw kalio: I'll refrain from calling u stupid, because that is an insult to stupid people

name calling is d easy path i guess, discussing serious issues shld b left for strong minds
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by divinelove(m): 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
sleemfesh:

Na wa u o. Human right would apply most especially to 'mad' people cos they are even more vulnerable. You need sit back and really look at it.

Mad people rights may be a new area in human rights but such rights should be guided by the advice of a medical expert which was sort b4 confining her, i still maintain that nobody can take care of clara better than her husband, herself, her siblings, mother, father and other relatives and they have denied ever contacting Falana but he keeps making fun of himself. Families involved shld b left to resolve this issue because marriage is sacred in this part of the world. Falana shld go and defend human rights of ppl in Ajegunle and d likes, they r plenty.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Delafruita(m): 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Texykool: It is a huge pity that we have a whole lot of people who do not know their rights.

Illegal house arrest is not a family affair. If anyone has bothered to read and digest the contents of Mr. Falana's letter, then I don't know why someone will call it a family affair, or call Mr. Falana a liar. If Mrs. Chime had called Olisa Agbakoba or Mike Ozekhome on this case, they would have done the same.

If the Mr. Chime thinks his wife is having a 'medical challenge', even if it is spiritual, he has no right to lock her up. The Government House is not a Detention Cell/Prison. Mr. Governor, please release this woman.
much as the entire scenario is sickening,I will want to agree with those who have called this issue a family affair.the lady is legally married to the man and issues pertaining to her health(real,perceived or acclaimed)are meant to be handled by her husband.if the lady in question is tired of the marriage,she has the option of seeking a divorce and suing for infringment of her fundamental rights to movement,freedom and association.it is wrong of falana to insist chime take certain steps with regards his wife.however,if divorce proceedings are instituted,then chime is duty-bound by the provisions of the law to produce his wife.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by buchibabe: 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
safeact: Stop intruding into family affair!

See ur life Ppl like u will c black and call it white. Wen d woman dies now, all u wil do is com here and write "RIP"

2 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by favour01: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
so the governor na kidnapper now abi? maybe e want some ramdsom naa ....oya make we ask am ooo
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Shekson(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
I love NLders. One idiot here is saying human rights do not apply to mad people. Smh for yur naivety and ignorance. Using 'mad' as if Ι̥τ̲̅ is legally tenable.
All the defence counsel of Chime wld be claiming is psychological imbalance which has to be confirmed by an independent psychiatrist. Peeps be shouting 'mad' oer here as if the woman has been proven to be mentally unstable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not Sick” We Don’t Need IMF Loans – Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun / Mohammed Bello Adoke Returns To Nigeria After Legal Deadlock / #ENDSARS: Bashir Magashi Warns Protesters Against Undermining National Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.