Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records (28784 Views)

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes / D'banj Congratulates Don Jazzy On Launch Of Mavin Records / Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Elxandre(m): 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
Tiwa is 33 years old and is getting married soon!!
We all know how much childbearing and motherhood can stall a woman's career!!
Well she's the best artiste left on that record label...
Don Jazzy needs new artistes fast!!

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by simdam500(m): 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
Vivly: Good riddance to bad rubbish or Bad riddance to Good rubbish. Whichever way suits them.
all djoin...

Baba Wande has also moved... Wat left of Mavin... Tiwa
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by myola777(m): 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
truth is like a pregnancy, no matter how u cover it, it will eventually show. u see, mavin was a joke in the first place. if u can recall, within a week the mohit broke up, they created mavin, they lunched useless album ever.mavin has no foundation, and any building without solid foundation, guess the end.dbanj sorry, they don't know what u know.forgive them

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by MeBoo: 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
thank God Tiwa is still dere, Mavin wld av been left with officially talentless artists nw grin grin
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Erm.. i'm not taking sides cos i dont really give f*uck.. but i wanna analyse some issues

1- All y'all saying don jazzy is finished are talking shit, he is a brilliant already made producer,, artists will still seek him and he ll still be making his money even if he wont be in the spotlight as much.

2- Those of you saying wande coal and dbanj are the backbone of mohits/mavin are wrong, don jazzy is the back bone. Most of mohits hit songs had a touch of don jazzy, for example what attracted us to tongolo? wasn't it don jazzy's funny voice in the chorus "if i tell dem di koko"? why was endowed a hit? wasn't it don jazzy's silly voice that spiced up that chorus? who do you think sang the chorus of oliver twist? --- don jazzy!! not even speaking about the mad beats pere? whine am well, the private trip beat that wande coal bleeped up, you bad?! he is the back bone of mohits/mavin! whether anyone likes it or not.

And those saying dbanj is gloating abi bleating, one question for y'all how far has he gone since he separated from don jazzy? not even one single hit.. before who is olamide or iyanya to feature dbanj in song? That was the class don jazzy gave him! but now a whole dbanj is hustling!

Im not saying don jazzy is right, like i said before i dont care.. but even if everyone leaves mavin, the only thing he(don j) has to lose is the fame, as for the money, he ll still be making it, loads of it!

And as for wande coal loooool, finished!

4 Likes

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by goddyjay(m): 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
*singing in d'banj voice*

VERSE 1
i' am on top of the world
in front of the crowd
eh oo x2
smoke in the air
look at me now
eh oo

======================

VERSE 2
looking back now
there's no regret
looking forward
that's all that's left
wouldn't change anything
even if i could
i'm stronger now...

WITH DON JAZZY'S RIDICULOUS VOICE LET'S SEE IF HE'LL REMAIN THE RICHEST ARTISTE IN NIGERIA IN 2YEARS TIME.

Keep watching oluwa is involved
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by wasiudvd(m): 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Mavin Record lo nile yi o, odoru alakeji. Bi o doeun o sorun ree.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by victorazy(m): 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
movmentish: better for my wcizzy #nohomo.....mavin record is a sinking ship and wande cant afford to act the sinking captain role odikwa very risky

True talk, but the young man (WC) don reach to establish na!
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
Na wah o. :-XNa wah o.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by airmark(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
FutureDon: Many years ago, Wande Coal was roaming the streets of Mushin where Don Jazzy found him. Wande why you fall Don Jazzy hand?

It's been a long time since Wande dropped an Album. Don Jazzy, why you sef dey dull Wande career?

It wasn't Don jazzy that found wande. It was Konga, that introduced Wande coal to Mohits through Dbanj.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by KMJY(f): 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Has the original owner of the song purported to hav been stolen by Wande Coal com 2 claim it? If no I see no reasn why Mavin should have a vested interest on this up to d point of terminating Wande's contract.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Meekmind(m): 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
Who is wande? His he not that ethiopia goalkeeper, thought he was keeping ni, neva knew dat he's an artiste.
What am i even saying sef
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by jimmydaviez: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Chai e go beta sha...
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Swagztv(m): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
"Thatz all" hu wan sign am b4 if no b management? Una go stil change name again to Alvin records.., mtcheeew
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by SIRPRESH(m): 11:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
opeoluwa20: Who will be the next
maybe don jazzy go leave dem enter oil industry.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by oiseworld: 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
Don Baba, your GP high no be small. Dbanj and wande can never Wright their history without you. You have produced great artist who have learned from you immensely and you from them.
I respect and believe in your productive powers, I bet you can pick anyone from the street and with the help of God, make them into a star.

Count it all joy when any moves on.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by olawumia(m): 11:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
Joe50: dats gud, since dbanj left, waitin wande dey wait? they are the backbone of formal mohits record, dey make don jazy to shine, nw dey left him d guy is confused lipsrsealed
i no even no weytin him dey feel like sef, wande coal no meet standard music, WTF angry
wen he was singing n making money 4 him, he didnt see d musik standard undecided

Simple English: they share different vision and mission. Get ur ass rite and stop floating.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by ethicalUser(m): 12:07am On Nov 08, 2013
fckyourman: Is it Dpricnce, Dr Sid, Tiwa Savage will save mavin records.

Wande Coal was the reasonable one left, now mavin record should be call FLOP RECORDS.

DBanj is Laughing at Don Jazzy.
And you think there are no upcoming artist to signup? I don't know how people reason? This is business, you don't keep an employee that steals from you.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by rootedingrace: 12:15am On Nov 08, 2013
Chai !!!!!! Chop banana ti goyo
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by bobbynelson: 12:22am On Nov 08, 2013
surawilly: It is with deep regret that we officially announce the departure of recording artist Wande Ojosipe, popularly known as Wande Coal, from Mavin Records due to irreconcilable differences.

Over the past few months, Mavin Records has made a concerted move to consolidate its position in the Nigerian music industry. Mavin has pursued a renewed ethos to raise its standards of quality and professionalism to a world-class level. Wande’s vision has not aligned with ours and a few months ago all parties mutually agreed that a separation would be the best course of action.

Legal parties on both sides have spent the past six months trying to reach an amicable solution in terms of musical property rights. However the decision by Wande Coal to release ‘Baby Face’ purportedly as his own material is a direct breach of intellectual property law and compelled an immediate clarification on our part.

Both Mavin Records and Wande Coal have enjoyed a remarkable run in the course of their working relationship. It is unfortunate that conflicting priorities contributed to the premature curtailment of a hitherto fruitful accord.

Mavin Records reaffirms its goal to constantly provide high quality music to our fans and introduce new and exciting talent into the industry. We wish Wande Coal the best of luck in all his future endeavours."

Signed
Management
Mavin Records Ltd

SOURCE: www.tayotv.net/2013/11/press-release-wande-coal-officially.html?m=1
everyone is going out of marvin now
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by ethicalUser(m): 12:22am On Nov 08, 2013
49cents: All this 'D Banj is vindicated, Dbanj is gloating' talk..... Am I the only one that watch Dbanj declare on Time Out with Tee A two saturdys back on a special live show that He DBanj has realised that DJ is the best producer ever. And who has grought him to where he is today mentioning Oliver Twist as a proof!

He amazed the audience that his upcoming album is being produced by Don jazzy!!!!

Anway for moi I can't wait for this lyric-less phase of the Nigerian music scene to disappear so that good music would take root
Pls tell them..people just keep spewing thrash about DJ. You think if wande coal did dis shit in the US he would go free with no legal action against him? Don Jazzy is really a nice fellow.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by OmoUSH(m): 12:43am On Nov 08, 2013
Who d hell send these unknown so-called artistes? Poor them. Wande ko Dewandi ni.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by eightsin(m): 1:01am On Nov 08, 2013
What's the cause of this feud? Is it the ''baby face'' song or wat?
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by 9jafreak: 1:18am On Nov 08, 2013
[size=16pt]"It is with deep regret that we officially announce the departure of recording artist Wande Ojosipe"

Na obituary? What a pathetic write-up

Anyway, all the best for Wande men. Dude's paid his dues, shone so many shoes
We all know how he almost single-handedly carried Mo'Hits in their golden days
I wish everyone all the best
Peace
[/size]
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 08, 2013
korebobo:
Guy, who did u borrow ur brain? And is it d person dat told u don jazzy made his money from singing!?!
Yeah! He should have at least added loya milk.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by dinachi(m): 4:35am On Nov 08, 2013
*singing in Dbanjs voice* Finally you will need me, Finally you will want me...............
Don Jazzy is finished. After spending so much money to tarnish Dbanjs popularity on the social media, lets see whether he can carry the cost of attacking both Dbanj and Wande Coal. Arrogant man, he thinks he is God! I remember when he was sponsoring people on social media to say Dbanj cant do without him. He put so much money into creating the impression that he is the worlds most humble man. Now we know him for what he is, an insecure, childish, immature, arrogant son of a b1tch!

3 Likes

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Kabikala(m): 5:38am On Nov 08, 2013
fckyourman: Is it Dpricnce, Dr Sid, Tiwa Savage will save mavin records.

Wande Coal was the reasonable one left, now mavin record should be call FLOP RECORDS.

DBanj is Laughing at Don Jazzy.

Please mention one hit song by D'Banj since he parted ways with Don Jazzy. Oliver Twist? That was D'Banj's last partnerdhip with Don Jazzy. Two years later, he is still confabulating. Did you read about what happened to him in Zimbabwe? D'Banj is on his way down if he does not find his way back.

Now compare that to what the Don Jazzy effect has done to Tiwa Savage music career (have you listened to Eminado?). The D'Banj-Don Jazzy combination was a winning one and the parting of ways has affected D'Banj negatively. In the Nigerian music industry history, whenever an artiste separates from the producer that made him a star, it is never easy to maintain the standard. The list is endless. Shina Paters and Laolu Akins. Timaya and K Solo. Tuface and that guy that produced African queen for him (forgot his name). Kefee and Alex. 9ice and ID Cabasa.

Compare that to how P Square has continued to be relevant because they did not change the producer that made them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibile Announces His Zanku Music Label / Davido’s FEM Official Video Hits Over 1.5 Million Views In 24 Hours On Youtube / Smile: 2face, Annie Idibia Loved Up In New Music Video (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.