Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records (28783 Views)

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes / D'banj Congratulates Don Jazzy On Launch Of Mavin Records / Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by abysirius(m): 6:10am On Nov 08, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: Erm.. i'm not taking sides cos i dont really give f*uck.. but i wanna analyse some issues

1- All y'all saying don jazzy is finished are talking shit, he is a brilliant already made producer,, artists will still seek him and he ll still be making his money even if he wont be in the spotlight as much.

2- Those of you saying wande coal and dbanj are the backbone of mohits/mavin are wrong, don jazzy is the back bone. Most of mohits hit songs had a touch of don jazzy, for example what attracted us to tongolo? wasn't it don jazzy's funny voice in the chorus "if i tell dem di koko"? why was endowed a hit? wasn't it don jazzy's silly voice that spiced up that chorus? who do you think sang the chorus of oliver twist? --- don jazzy!! not even speaking about the mad beats pere? whine am well, the private trip beat that wande coal bleeped up, you bad?! he is the back bone of mohits/mavin! whether anyone likes it or not.

And those saying dbanj is gloating abi bleating, one question for y'all how far has he gone since he separated from don jazzy? not even one single hit.. before who is olamide or iyanya to feature dbanj in song? That was the class don jazzy gave him! but now a whole dbanj is hustling!

Im not saying don jazzy is right, like i said before i dont care.. but even if everyone leaves mavin, the only thing he(don j) has to lose is the fame, as for the money, he ll still be making it, loads of it!

And as for wande coal loooool, finished!
U obviously didn't take side! Just that u were sentimental! The flute in tongolo sold that song. And Snoop was 1 clever reason Mr. Endowed soar so high. D'banj and his charisma is a unique brand that u can't find in either Tiwa or any of DJ's so called mawin. After Mohit, award don sleep like anything. Like sey that no com dey enough, he was at the AFCON finals. Ask DJ if he never wish that he was there with him in SouthAfrica! DJ's case has been worst since the breakup!

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Teeders(m): 7:00am On Nov 08, 2013
abysirius: U obviously didn't take side! Just that u were sentimental! The flute in tongolo sold that song. And Snoop was 1 clever reason Mr. Endowed soar so high. D'banj and his charisma is a unique brand that u can't find in either Tiwa or any of DJ's so called mawin. After Mohit, award don sleep like anything. Like sey that no com dey enough, he was at the AFCON finals. Ask DJ if he never wish that he was there with him in SouthAfrica! DJ's case has been worst since the breakup!
..u ve made points so far but i dnt think DJ still has anytin to loose
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Ayodhejjy(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2013
zeanslim: thats life---20 friends cant last for 20yrs
Don't mind the yeye Wande cool. He don forget say cane wey den tak flog senior wife dey on d roof for younger wife. When Dbanj left Mohit , Wande was the one who sang against Dbanj say " he must be stupid..." Now it is his turn. Make he no forget say life na turn by turn

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by BabaEto1: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2013
wengerjay: No be 20 children can not play for 20yrs again.

The substance is still d same, so zeanslim is right.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by ritux: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Kabikala:

Please mention one hit song by D'Banj since he parted ways with Don Jazzy. Oliver Twist? That was D'Banj's last partnerdhip with Don Jazzy. Two years later, he is still confabulating. Did you read about what happened to him in Zimbabwe? D'Banj is on his way down if he does not find his way back.

Now compare that to what the Don Jazzy effect has done to Tiwa Savage music career (have you listened to Eminado?). The D'Banj-Don Jazzy combination was a winning one and the parting of ways has affected D'Banj negatively. In the Nigerian music industry history, whenever an artiste separates from the producer that made him a star, it is never easy to maintain the standard. The list is endless. Shina Paters and Laolu Akins. Timaya and K Solo. Tuface and that guy that produced African queen for him (forgot his name). Kefee and Alex.

Compare that to how P Square has continued to be relevant because they did not change the producer that made them.

What are you saying? Calling that Eminado a hit song? You must be high on something. The best song produced so far since their separation is WC's The Kick which is barely above average.

Agreed, since their breakup,they(Koko & Jazz) have both not given us any top of the mark song but so far, DBanj's Top of the world is known All Around Africa than any of Jazzy's songs since the breakup.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by NellyGhenghen(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2013
abysirius: U obviously didn't take side! Just that u were sentimental! The flute in tongolo sold that song. And Snoop was 1 clever reason Mr. Endowed soar so high. D'banj and his charisma is a unique brand that u can't find in either Tiwa or any of DJ's so called mawin. After Mohit, award don sleep like anything. Like sey that no com dey enough, he was at the AFCON finals. Ask DJ if he never wish that he was there with him in South Africa! DJ's case has been worst since the breakup!

point of correction, endowed was already a massive hit before the remix.
don jazzy not being at the AFCON finals compliments my point "the only thing he has to lose is the fame, which i know he will most certainly miss". dbanj is still living on past glory, but for how long? with the huge competition now davido, wizkid, olamide n other young boys.. it won't be long till he fades away like sir Shina peters, u hear the name but u don't want him at your show nor brand. An artist should never separate from the producer that made him! the artist stands to lose more.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by ritux: 8:17am On Nov 08, 2013
oiseworld: Don Baba, your GP high no be small. Dbanj and wande can never Wright their history without you. You have produced great artist who have learned from you immensely and you from them.
I respect and believe in your productive powers, I bet you can pick anyone from the street and with the help of God, make them into a star.

Count it all joy when any moves on.

Just a question, can Jazzy write his history without mentioning Dbanj lest I forget and wande?

Go into the street and ask Nigerians if the know any other producer. If not for the fact that Dbanj and Wande were always calling his name "it's Jazzy again" in virtually all their songs, nobody would have known Jazzy today. The average Nigerian don't care about the producer of song.

There are so many banging songs today that I don't know the producers sef.

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by ritux: 8:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

point of correction, endowed was already a massive hit before the remix.
don jazzy not being at the AFCON finals compliments my point "the only thing he has to lose is the fame, which i know he will most certainly miss". dbanj is still living on past glory, but for how long? with the huge competition now davido, wizkid, olamide n other young boys.. it won't be long till he fades away like sir Shina peters, u hear the name but u don't want him at your show nor brand. An artist should never separate from the producer that made him! the artist stands to lose more.

Has Tuface lost anything since he left his previous producers (KK nd D1)?

In fact, who is more popular?

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2013
no permanent friend or enemy in politics and business
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by iamboody(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
*singing in d'banj voice*

VERSE 1
i' am on top of the world
in front of the crowd
eh oo x2
smoke in the air
look at me now
eh oo x2

======================

VERSE 2
looking back now
there's no regret
looking forward
that's all that's left
wouldn't change anything
even if i could
i'm stronger now...

WITH DON JAZZY'S RIDICULOUS VOICE LET'S SEE IF HE'LL REMAIN THE RICHEST ARTISTE IN NIGERIA IN 2YEARS TIME.

Don Jazzy was never the richest artist in Nigeria. Being bankable doesn't make you the richest, sharing recharge card doesn't amount to riches either. He has never at any point been richer than Dbanj, Dbanj finances mohit all his life, Dbanj threw them off his properties and that's why Don bought a house after the split. Again Don is never richer than Psquare and Tuface.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by skiposmith007: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2013
Gradually they are increasing....this is a race for the music industry...I mean d survivor of the fittest....'STAR BOY' get ready..mavin is going down...soon na tiwa go leave...mtcheww yeye people..abeg wetin be d latest as at 'ASUU'

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by iamdsam: 11:04am On Nov 08, 2013
zeanslim: thats life---20 friends cant last for 20yrs
That's true. That's LIFE!
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by iamdsam: 11:06am On Nov 08, 2013
Wande Coal has been left behind for two long. He should be on at least his third album now but the reverse is the case. He really got to change course. I pray he excels in his new record label owned by him. I wish him goodluck.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by iamdsam: 11:08am On Nov 08, 2013
iamboody:

Don Jazzy was never the richest artist in Nigeria. Being bankable doesn't make you the richest, sharing recharge card doesn't amount to riches either. He has never at any point been richer than Dbanj, Dbanj finances mohit all his life, Dbanj threw them off his properties and that's why Don bought a house after the split. Again Don is never richer than Psquare and Tuface.
Exactly!
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by striker9(m): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: Erm.. i'm not taking sides cos i dont really give f*uck.. but i wanna analyse some issues

1- All y'all saying don jazzy is finished are talking shit, he is a brilliant already made producer,, artists will still seek him and he ll still be making his money even if he wont be in the spotlight as much.

2- Those of you saying wande coal and dbanj are the backbone of mohits/mavin are wrong, don jazzy is the back bone. Most of mohits hit songs had a touch of don jazzy, for example what attracted us to tongolo? wasn't it don jazzy's funny voice in the chorus "if i tell dem di koko"? why was endowed a hit? wasn't it don jazzy's silly voice that spiced up that chorus? who do you think sang the chorus of oliver twist? --- don jazzy!! not even speaking about the mad beats pere? whine am well, the private trip beat that wande coal bleeped up, you bad?! he is the back bone of mohits/mavin! whether anyone likes it or not.

And those saying dbanj is gloating abi bleating, one question for y'all how far has he gone since he separated from don jazzy? not even one single hit.. before who is olamide or iyanya to feature dbanj in song? That was the class don jazzy gave him! but now a whole dbanj is hustling!

Im not saying don jazzy is right, like i said before i dont care.. but even if everyone leaves mavin, the only thing he(don j) has to lose is the fame, as for the money, he ll still be making it, loads of it!

You are right,but I thought you didn't wanna take side.I'm a fan of d,banj,but we all know don baba was the backbone behind Mo'hits success and also the downfall.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by striker9(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2013

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by ivichris: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
wande has moved on for the best
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Somewhere in a not to distant land, a man called Dbanj is laughing his a.s.s off!! grin grin grin
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by iamboody(m): 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2013

You would have been objective to yourself if you dint state dat you don't want to take side. What's lovely to me in Tongolo, Oliver twist and endowed is Dbanj and not jazzy. What is your definition of hit songs. If dbanj hasn't sang a hit then tell me what hit don has produced in post mohit era.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by obeenah40(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
fckyourman:

Why did you type K ?

I heard ASUU Is calling off the strike, get ready to go back to school.
lol.. Two reasons: 1) to book front page cheesy 2) cos Itz non Of ma Biz
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Elxandre(m): 9:11am On Nov 09, 2013
I have feeling Some of D'banj's songs woulda been hits if not for the breakup!!
Cashflow" to me wasnt bad
Oyato" wasnt bad.
top of the world may have ended up an even bigger hit!
bachelor wasnt even bad!...

See Nigerians hate alot.. Once they hate you, you don enter one chance!
I Dont see D'banj ever impressing some people again!! even if DJ khaleed or david guetta produces his songs sef.
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 17, 2014
ChinenyeE:
I pray dis will not be d begining of his downfall
good morning
Re: Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records by Cybergeak(m): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibile Announces His Zanku Music Label / Davido’s FEM Official Video Hits Over 1.5 Million Views In 24 Hours On Youtube / Nigerians React To The Headies 2016 Award (hilarious Tweets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.