Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,107 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget (64668 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of The Sky (Taken In Nigeria) / Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken / Powerful Photos That Tell A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by nitlad: 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
19.Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000

shocked shocked shocked

Alright, I googled this. . . . .

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chucky234(m): 7:50am On Nov 26, 2013
Priceless
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Beennkumar(m): 8:56am On Nov 26, 2013
cry cry

Can't remember the last time I shed tears just looking at pictures.

Oh Lord! No. 30 cry

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Iaz93: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2013
The Russian Soldier preparing for the battle of Kursk made my eyes wet.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by rodeo0070(m): 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
***wipes tears***
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Ediss(m): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
What of this

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by yuzedo: 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Powerful stuff indeed!

Most Emotional for me:
#10, #19, #21, #24, #26, #27, #28

Notable mention:
#12, #14, #17, #18, #25, #30

Sigh! Life...

Infomizer: And we shouldn't forget Kevin Carter's "The Vulture and the Starving Child".
But of course.... Perhaps the most powerful photograph of its century.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by nijanigga: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
skydeexie: These ones should add up to the list, 34 and 35. Japanese children found in the outskirts of Hiroshima after US forces dropped the atomic bomb.

Point of correction, this picture was taken after the battle of Okinawa, where only a handful of Japanese soldiers and civilians surrendered, thousands of them preferred suicide.

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by moscobabs(m): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
And this hapun in Nija....using Nigeria future to play draft

7 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Crying embarassed hiccups cry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Saw this a couple of weeks ago. Bookmarked the page, it was really touching
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
adaobi123: cry cry cry
This foto is depressing,the french photographer who shot this in Sudan commited sucide 7 days later,he won an award with it thoug but was dead due to depression.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
I thank God for where I am today! And to all u who wish for war/think nigeria is not good! Now u can see!
Rili feel like crying

5 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Did y'all seee the scratches in that gas chamber? Hitla was a monster....
Op what about the "Tank Man"

"Tank Man" temporarily stops the advance of a column of tanks on June 5, 1989, in Beijing, in what is widely considered one of the iconic images of the 20th century.This photograph (one of four similar versions) was taken by Jeff Widener of the Associated Press.

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by yousee(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Infomizer: And we shouldn't forget Kevin Carter's "The Vulture and the Starving Child".

That picture was taken in the sudan. I remember seeing it in a cyber cafe in kaduna years ago, half of the people in the cafe came to my console...it was sooo emotional. I remember one lady, just walked out without logging out her ticket, holding in the obvious tears.

*@topic, these ones really got to me now;
16, The embracing couple in the collapsed factory (dead of course)
18, The falling man...(God save us all)
24, Finding out his brother was killed (I can imagine someone returning home only to be stopped and told a loved one is dead...God forbid!)
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by dammytosh: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2013

still crying. sad
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sorry o but ah dont see anythin touchin or powerful in dese pictures

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
the transformer devils

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
the headless victim of peace religion

2 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by alajor(m): 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
And I wept!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Gwekzy: 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
No 16 made me cry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by somegirl1: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Subom1:

21. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months

24. Young man just found out his brother was killed

26.Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral.

27. Father and son (1949 vs 2009)

I cried
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by damola311: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Soo touching.....like it should continue.
Love those pics
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Leadn(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
cry cry cry I shed a tear for some of those pictures especially the Dog, the falling man, the Vulture and the starving child... it's just.... heart wrenching cry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Picture 21 wuz touchin. And 24 Jux got me to realise that I'll never see my gud friend again. He died early this year.

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Articul8(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Touched by d couple holding each other to d point of death. Dt is what love can do.Dey loved each oda& maintained dt position till death came. Soo touching.
Also touched by d schl boy crying while playing violin @ his teacher's funeral.
Cnt bt go back to check d pics
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
#5, 20 and 24 are powerful for uncontrived human emotions. The intrigue. The desperation. The distress. These are raw for what they represent.

Good stock overall OP smiley
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Okaakoko(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
touching
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by pixtuk(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
christian boys protecting muslims.....i really love christianity

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Orikinla(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
May God have mercy on us.

Please, lest we forget, a Biafran doctor hands out cups containing the daily ration of powdered milk to a line of children at a refugee camp in Anwa, Biafra, Aug. 5, 1968.

See more on http://www.africafederation.net/Biafra_War.htm

12 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Photos 10, 12, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30 are indeed powerful photos. The emotions I felt from staring at them are inexplicable.

This photo will always remain one of the most powerful photos in history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Unluvable(f): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
cryMy colleague just noticed a change in my mood
The starving child, the dog at the owners grave, the pupil playing the violin, the guy that whose brother died, the firefighter giving the koala a drink, wait for me daddy, the soldier hugging her daughter..... sad sad
I see pictures like this and I forgive atheist for their non believe, one needs a whole lot of faith to witness this and still believe in a caring and loving God

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Studio Where 'Island Fakers' Go To Pose Like They Are In A Private Jet / Your Dope & Unique Graphic Designs @Affordable prices / Amazing! See How A Makeup Artist Transformed This Woman Into An Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.