Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,820 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? (18607 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? / How Many Languages Do You Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Fulaman198(m): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
kishimi8: English , hausa , fulani,, japanese,, pidgin,,,fluently and a little french

Toy yudon?
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by tattesco(m): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
I can speak yoruba, ikere local language, english, pigin, french.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lacicrips(m): 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Of course i'm aware of that. I was just giving him options of more Igbo speaking people.
Not sure about the bolded. Most people would disagree with you.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
English, Igbo, French, Nenwe, Zulu and Pidgin
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
I can speak yoruba, english and pidgin fluently and also brasilian portuguese (not fluently anyway). Am even planning to learn hausa and igbo languages next year. I love to speak different languages because there are a lot of opportunites and benefits thats one can get from it.

N.B: I can also speak in tongues ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
lacicrips:
Not sure about the bolded. Most people would disagree with you.
Of course some would but it's what it is. if you understand Ika, it's not so much of an achievement understanding mainstream Igbo.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Tunjman(m): 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Fulaman198: Fulfulde, Hausa, English, French fluently and some Zarma and some Tamashaq

Noi Bandu?
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
Why dem ebira com plenty here now.

1 Like

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
raphael4u2c: All of em in d world. I dont nid y'all 2 bleev me.buh jux knw it.
u r luky this is d only one i dey hear

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by ademega(m): 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
Fufude , yoruba and i can speak in tongue as well (heavenly language )
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by HopeAtHand: 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ikwerre, Igbo and English fluently and small yoruba and ibibio.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by BMZK: 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Je parle l'anglais,le français,le haussa et un peu du Zarma.
Bien sûr l'anglais de la rue
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by emeogbo: 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
i speak in toungues, english, rasta, igbo. Pigin
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by juliebest(f): 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
Secularist:

Julie baby, would you teach me french??

cheesy tongue
sure why not. Comment ca va?
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by kishimi8(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
Fulaman198:

Toy yudon?
kaayeefi,,,,
toye yuudon
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by LeJeun3: 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
.........I speak French, English, Sousou, ...Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Spanish, Tiv and Fok shocked.....
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Adrenaline123(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arabic
ةىءتنيسهعحيسس
لبتلبعغيثاتبي
لب
ثيصصثصسغصضغفليسىيؤ
يتاياليلايسلاي
لفلبلب

بقتعثغعثصغعثصتاثعثصاثتنصابتبغيس
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Secularist: 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
juliebest: sure why not. Comment ca va?

Correct! I already feel like i am a french commando. grin grin grin

Thank u, thank u, thank u!
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by iamdsam: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
I speak Urhobo, English and Pidgin fluently. I like and wanna speak the Yoruba language. I so much love the Yoruba language.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by GSKing: 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
English, Spanish, Igbo, Yoruba.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Aminat508(f): 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
English, hausa, pidgin, nupe and yoruba
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by ShenTeh(m): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
I sfeak (and can write) Hausa, Englsh, Yoruba, Pidgin, Bokobaru, Bissan, Twi (Ghanaian)- fluently. The ones I understand in sprinkles are more.

1 Like

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by wrench: 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yoruba, Hausa, Espanyol, Swahili, Bantu, French, German, A Lil Of Igbo And Igala, Pidgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Small Hausa
Small Igbo
very good Yoruba
Some French
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Donpoker9(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
So my topic made front page...halleluya!

1 Like

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by OPIAjesus: 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
You for kuku add Agbor and Ndokwa language grin
all of em join the others (10,598
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by OPIAjesus: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
lacicrips:
Small world. I speak ukwani well.
you sure
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lacicrips(m): 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Of course some would but it's what it is. if you understand Ika, it's not so much of an achievement understanding mainstream Igbo.
There's been so many arguments here and offline about your argument. I always try to steer clear off of them.

I'm ika, and I can't say I don't understand the igbo language, I do. I'm always of the opinion that people should be left to choose/decide where they want to belong to or rather where they believe they originated from. And majority of them have vehemently rejected the Igbo origin. And I believe it's for a good reason; trying to create an identity for themselves. I know if you ask me, I'll tell you I'm not igbo.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by corinna: 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
i speak edo, pidgin, french, german fluently and a little bit of italian and yoruba
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by skiguy123(m): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pidgin..English..Yoruba..French(fluently)
Igbo..Spanish..(Partially)
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lacicrips(m): 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
OPIA jesus: you sure
Is that a question?

I spent majority of my pre-teen in the village. Infact I practically grew up there. I farmed a lot too.

Your name "opia" is a very popular name back home.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Tee14: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yoruba, English, Igbo, little Hausa, Irish, Lao & Korean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Quit Secret Societies - Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi Tells Yoruba Monarchs / Videos And Pictures From Igbo Cultural Festivals. / Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.