Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? (18605 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? / How Many Languages Do You Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Timblaze(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
idoma, English and pidgen. Perfect idoma boy!
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by LadyH(f): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
3. mre comin up.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by maafen: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sermwell: is English not a language? Mumu!
Simple statement you cannot comprehend yet you call another person fool when you are tђε̲̣̣̣̥ bigger fool.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Xano(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
English, Spanish, Italian, Ibo and French.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Fayrouzz(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
3 languages.
* English
*Igbo
*Idoma
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by fashrules: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yoruba, English, Pidgin, few expressions in French, very little Hausa
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by rhames(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
mother Tongue: yoruba
Lingua Franca : English
Local Language: Hausa
International languages: French, Portuguese,Spanish
In View: German

Auf wiedersehen cheesy
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lacicrips(m): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
Alikaxon: shut up and don't say wat u don't know. Agbor is both a town and a language, just like benin people speak benin. Use common sence boy, do u kw our traditional history? IKA is not a language, it might be oda towns language but not d language of Agbor.
I'm not going to argue with somebody who begins a friendly conversation with an insult. But I'll tell you this; there's no such thing as Agbor language. Agbor is just a town just like the other numerous ika speaking towns around; like Umunede and co. It's only someone who lived far away from home that would refer to Agbor as a language. And it's totally understandable, being the most popular amongst several. When next you come home, try talking to your parents or elders who have lived here for a considerable amount of time.

It's just like a yoruba man saying I speak ikorodu. There's the yoruba language, and different yoruba dialects. So you also have the ika language, and the different ika dialects.

1 Like

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by IAMBREEZY: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by eminikansoso(m): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
Eminikan soso meaning only me
I can speak all the three nigeria languages perfectly without error
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by roymary: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
gidzbobby: firstly i can speak English very fluently... British English/American English, Spanish,Vernacular,Yoruba and Baby Language(HUGGIES) cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

"First" and not "firstly"

Americana!
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
lacicrips:
Agbor is a town, not a language. I believe you meant to say "Ika".
Of course i'm aware of that. I was just giving him options of more Igbo speaking people.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by dmostcheerful(f): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dnt laugh oo, i can speak nigeria, usa, france and germany.
I 4got i can speak china.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by donphilopus: 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
Etuno, can try Egbira , peeegin and Koret Ingleesh
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by BCJAY(f): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
YORUBA AND HAUSA
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by BCJAY(f): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
YORUBA , HAUSA AND PIDGIN
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by mmimahbub(m): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Domwiz4all:
U can speak all diz languages but cant do simple counting
grin
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lirusehn(m): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
beleti & pidgin E.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lirusehn(m): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
raphael4u2c: All of em in d world. I dont nid y'all 2 bleev me.buh jux knw it.
malet ko amasi lafi le?
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
I used to think i was a pro in Yoruba, I was shown i knw notin about yoruba wen i got to SW.
Bla bla bla.
I can manouver my ways around 4languages.
Funny enough, i learnt pidgin only last 2 year and its the only language i now speak with so much confidence and authority that ppl tink its my first lang.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lirusehn(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Secularist: I still dey struggle to speak english sef. My yoruba wor wor, e be like sey my pidgin make sense.
ahdey ur bak

1 Like

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by TiffanyJ(f): 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
I speak English and Hausa fluently. I also speak a little of korean
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by TONYE001(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
L'anglais, Le Francais, ma langue marternelle (Kalabari), et Nigerian Pidgin...
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Tonbrazeal(m): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ijaw,English,Kenery,French..Adoni
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Fulaman198(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
ninja4life: Most people speak 3languages which are english,pidgin and deir native language like in my case yoruba.like if u agree with me or if u speak 3languages.

I wouldn't really necessarily call Pidgin a separate language, it's a dialect of English.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by hassymo5(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
pidgin, Hausa,English and Berom...
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by ojoawo(m): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
I speak fluent Sarcasm
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
D only language. I KNOW IS THIS

2 Likes

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by theguy12(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ebira, english and computer languages
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by kishimi8(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
English , hausa , fulani,, japanese,, pidgin,,,fluently and a little french
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by westcodes(m): 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Abbey2sam:

You're looking forward to "learning" yoruba is more like it

Wow, look at the big brains on this fellow... Grammer Nazi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Are The Agbo (Legbo) People Of Cross River State? / Quit Secret Societies - Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi Tells Yoruba Monarchs / Videos And Pictures From Igbo Cultural Festivals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.