Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? (2336 Views)

I Need Suggestions On How/what To Invest My Savings On(urgent) / The Best Biz To Invest My Money.. / Advise On Where I Can Invest My Idle Funds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2013
If you have 7 million naira, will you use everything for your MBA programme or will you invest the money? Source
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by Acidosis(m): 9:50am On Nov 08, 2013
It depends...
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by simplyme3(f): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2013
invest, make money from it, and then you can use it to do your MBA.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by Chekitaut: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:
If you have 7 million naira, will you use everything for your MBA programme or will you invest the money?

Invest it under 7month MBA will continue. Education is always there anytime but opportunity is not, when it comes grab it.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by atikuman(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
Na wao....still going back into the rat race....u use 7m to get an mba then after u start looking for work when u can create employment with what u have....many mba on d str of lagos...even after going to lagos business shl. Many things u could invest in my brother... Housing...lands...treasurybills...anyway ...mail me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2013
Acidosis: It depends...

depends on what?
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by mamaoge: 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Are you saying it costs N7Million to run an MBA programme? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
mamaoge: Are you saying it costs N7Million to run an MBA programme? shocked shocked shocked

The MBA is not from a Nigerian school.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
emmanuel ewumi: If you have 7 million naira, will you use everything for your MBA programme or will you invest the money?

This question was actually ask by someone on another forum.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by Chomzy19(f): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Even if its not frm a Nigerian schl, U wont spend up to 7milla on a normal Biz schl in d Uk/abroad unless u re going for d top well known biz schls. Its usually btw 3-5 milla

As to ur question 7milla is just too much to acquire an MBA with, esp if u re coming back to Nig to strt biz/work. D person shld go to a normally reasonable biz school, all those top schls are jst Names and invest d remainder in a somewhat risk free investment like Bonds, when he is done wit his MBA n comes back he'll have sth to strt up sth on his own if d labour mkt fails him or he isnt interested in joining d labour mkt.

If he isnt interested in coming back to dis country to wrk tho, he can spend it all on his MBA
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

This is the original post.

http://www.jarushub.com/my-n7m-to-spend-on-mba-or-invest/

I have N7 million in my bank account right now and I need advice on investing this. Which risk free investment do you think I can go for and that will earn me a very good return? I intend to have at least N15 million from my savings by December 2015 and I am thinking of going for MBA in an ivy league school with it or would you advise me to forget about the MBA and invest the money? I believe the MBA would give me an edge into IB or PE but is my age not going to be a hindrance by then? Aside that I have a building project at hand which will cost me about N6 million but this will not in anyway affect the expected N15 million or the N7 million I have presently. I would love the gurus in the forum to please give me an advice if they were to be in my shoes.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Chomzy19: Even if its not frm a Nigerian schl, U wont spend up to 7milla on a normal Biz schl in d Uk/abroad unless u re going for d top well known biz schls. Its usually btw 3-5 milla

As to ur question 7milla is just too much to acquire an MBA with, [b]esp if u re coming back to Nig to strt biz/work. [/b]D person shld go to a normally reasonable biz school, all those top schls are jst Names and invest d remainder in a somewhat risk free investment like Bonds, when he is done wit his MBA n comes back he'll have sth to strt up sth on his own if d labour mkt fails him or he isnt interested in joining d labour mkt.

If he isnt interested in coming back to dis country to wrk tho, he can spend it all on his MBA

The guy hopes to come back to Nigeria, hoping to get a job after his MBA.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by Chomzy19(f): 6:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Then he shld forget abt ivyleague schl n go to a normal good one n invest d remainder of his money... Unlike abroad Nigerians aren't dt crazy abt ivyleague schls, all reasonable top universities abroad(in d rankings) are considerd alm equally by them (unless he is going to HBS)... His foreign degree will def help in his marketability buh Nigerians employers are not dt crazy abt foreign masters as they once were (I know a lot of them who are still searching) so if he has no serios connections he might be jobless for smtime b4 finding a fitting job, so he shld invest sm money...

Reading d original post now he shld go ahead to spend d 7milla on d ivyleague schl dt tickles his fancy, he has at least other investments and money to fall back on if d labour market tries to frustrate him
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2013
Chomzy19: Then he shld forget abt ivyleague schl n go to a normal good one n invest d remainder of his money... Unlike abroad Nigerians aren't dt crazy abt ivyleague schls, all reasonable top universities abroad(in d rankings) are considerd alm equally by them (unless he is going to HBS)... His foreign degree will def help in his marketability buh Nigerians employers are not dt crazy abt foreign masters as they once were (I know a lot of them who are still searching) so if he has no serios connections he might be jobless for smtime b4 finding a fitting job, so he shld invest sm money...

Reading d original post now he shld go ahead to spend d 7milla on d ivyleague schl dt tickles his fancy, he has at least other investments and money to fall back on if d labour market tries to frustrate him

Even at that, I will not support him investing N7 million for the MBA only for him to come back and start looking for job in Nigeria. What is the essence of the MBA, if he can not use the knowledge acquired to create jobs.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by jaynetwork: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2013
emmanuel ewumi: If you have 7 million naira, will you use everything for your MBA programme or will you invest the money?
My guy, invest it now cos oppotunity comes in a lifetime.
If u do not have idea of any investment contact me n i will direct u. Besides u can turn it to over 10M in 2 months if i give the direction. Best of luck.
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
jaynetwork:
My guy, invest it now cos oppotunity comes in a lifetime.
If u do not have idea of any investment contact me n i will direct u.[b] Besides u can turn it to over 10M in 2 months [/b]if i give the direction. Best of luck.

A fool and his money...........................................................
Re: Should I Invest My 7Million Or Use It For My MBA? by Chomzy19(f): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Even at that, I will not support him investing N7 million for the MBA only for him to come back and start looking for job in Nigeria. What is the essence of the MBA, if he can not use the knowledge acquired to create jobs.
I don't support it either but d truth is dt such ivyleague biz schls at times offer opportunities a normal schl won't give, their Alumni try to aid their new ones to find their ground, I know HBS is a land of connections buh still if he is coming back to nigeria I also don't fink its wise to spend dt kinda money on MBA n cm bback to look for Jobs where he can create Jobs wit dt amt

(1) (Reply)

The Stable Money consciousness / Japaul Oil And Maritime Ipo / Best Investment With The Best Return. Gold.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.