Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigeria Banned From Doing GRE AND TOEFL - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Banned From Doing GRE AND TOEFL (1830 Views)

Students Banned From Wearing Earphones In UNIBEN Following Death Of Student / Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK / GRE And Universities In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Banned From Doing GRE AND TOEFL by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 08, 2013
For those of us planning to study abroad, this is a bad news. My sister was scheduled to take the toefl exam tomorrow only for her to get a message that nigeria has been removed from one of the countries eligible to take the exam.
She has alrwady paid all necessary fees and they didnt even talk about refunding her.

I heard the nearest alternative test centre is in ghana.
Ths is sooo annoying and frustrating.

I believe my sister is not the only one that got the message... since the exam was supposed to hold 2moro, please what is the next step for you??

Please mods, I beg you to move this to the front page.
Thank you
Re: Nigeria Banned From Doing GRE AND TOEFL by Slizbeat(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2013
icebeatz: For those of us planning to study abroad, this is a bad news. My sister was scheduled to take the toefl exam tomorrow only for her to get a message that nigeria has been removed from one of the countries eligible to take the exam.
She has alrwady paid all necessary fees and they didnt even talk about refunding her.

I heard the nearest alternative test centre is in ghana.
Ths is sooo annoying and frustrating.

I believe my sister is not the only one that got the message... since the exam was supposed to hold 2moro, please what is the next step for you??

Please mods, I beg you to move this to the front page.
Thank you

Do Nigerians require toefl or ielts?? Thought English is our 1st language. Well, so many of my friends didn't take any TOEFL but are in U.K universities. Provided they have GCE as WAEC is not accepted and their English is satisfactory.

My advice, she should get to the U.K first and apply for a 6 Months English training before proceeding to her preferred Course or contact the School.
Re: Nigeria Banned From Doing GRE AND TOEFL by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Slizbeat:

Do Nigerians require toefl or ielts?? Thought English is our 1st language. Well, so many of my friends didn't take any TOEFL but are in U.K universities. Provided they have GCE as WAEC is not accepted and their English is satisfactory.

My advice, she should get to the U.K first and apply for a 6 Months English training before proceeding to her preferred Course or contact the School.
Sorry bro... im talking about graduate studies
Re: Nigeria Banned From Doing GRE AND TOEFL by WildChild00(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
[size=20pt] IELTS NKOR? British Council too don ban us too? Abeg port..[/size]
Re: Nigeria Banned From Doing GRE AND TOEFL by Afam4eva(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2013

(1)

Apply For LASU 2nd Round Post Utme 2014/2015 / Enugu State University (ESUT) School Of Nursing Form For 2015/2016 Session Is On / NUC Accreditation Results For All Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.