Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria (32247 Views)

Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / Preparing for GRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by some1(m): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2013

Information on Testing in Nigeria

Due to security concerns in Nigeria, GRE® and TOEFL® testing in the country has been suspended for an indefinite period. Candidates who have appointments to take the TOEFL or GRE Tests will be contacted by ETS to process a refund.
http://www.ets.org/toefl/important_update/nigeria

Prometric, the regional test administrators for ETS world wide have cancelled Nigeria's test centers until further notice. This is following the initial barring of Nigerians from registering online. They only cited Administrative Issues as the reason for this drastic step. The implication of this is that Nigerians who want to take the GRE and TOEFL tests would have to travel to neighboring countries like Ghana to take the tests.

For me, I think they have found out the runs that take place in our various test centers.

Na only God go help this Country.

4 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Why're Nigerians so corrupt?
We blame the govt,forgetting that the govt comes from among us.

12 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
i am so confused...already registered both and was billed to do them Nov22 (TOEFL) and Dec12(GRE)...what can I do now?
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by some1(m): 8:38am On Nov 06, 2013
Willzkid: i am so confused...already registered both and was billed to do them Nov22 (TOEFL) and Dec12(GRE)...what can I do now?

You have to reschedule the test.

How and with Whom did you register? You have to contact them ASAP...
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks some1, I have contacted them and they will be having a meeting today with other registration agents..meanwhile I hav d option of doing the exams in Ghana...It's not fair, the way prometric takes a big nation like Nigeria for granted
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Its actually so embarrassing people do all sorts of bad thing yet, we are one of the most religious and self righteous.

Willzkid: Thanks some1, I have contacted them and they will be having a meeting today with other registration agents..meanwhile I hav d option of doing the exams in Ghana...It's not fair, the way prometric takes a big nation like Nigeria for granted

They did not take us for granted. The centers took them for granted and so they only had to take necessary actions. To think of it, we have mainly 2 centers for GRE however, many centers for TOEFL so we are not sure which of the centers/exams is responsible for this.

4 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
Am sure many people pay their way out.........smh for this poo country
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 8:39am On Nov 07, 2013
please can we get this on frontpage mods so we can get more contributions
I am a bit short of ideas on what to do now
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by dotcrypto(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Please, are PMI certification exams, PMP, included?
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
So i no fit school abroad again. sad
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
This is very wicked of them. Why does not ETS always exaggerate like this. Is the Collegeboard still not conducting SAT successfully in Nigeria? If not for the ogbanje English that some Nigerians speak, i see no reason why Nigerian should even be writing Toefl cos those questions are for people that don't know what "Come" is in English. Any Nigerian that fails toefl deserves to be flogged.

12 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
Idrismusty97: So i no fit school abroad again. sad
Toefl is just meant to test your knowledge of the English langiage and is not really used for admission. Infact, some schools can waive it if you tell them you're from Commonwealth Nigeria or they ascertain that you don't need the exam.

1 Like

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Toefl is just meant to test your knowledge of the English langiage and is not really used for admission. Infact, some schools can waive it if you tell them you're from Commonwealth Nigeria or they ascertain that you don't need the exam.
Better o.

1 Like

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
hmm
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by tmtech: 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
Pls wait Õoº°Úº

Is it that we are the smartest when it comes to corruption that even the best security agency couldn't contain us? Or perhaps these foriegn agencies av decided to blacklist us....cos for them to take dis bold step, they must av considered dia losses too ,I bet we are one other highest participant and yet dey suspend us............pple are really desperate dis days dat dey buy dia way in to jst anywhere

Even church or mosque leadership..........I foresee a major crack down if we don't unanimously tackle dis toxic issues nw..........we don't av to be spiritual to tackle corruption

3 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thank God, they didn't withhold my TOEFL result..

1 Like

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
How come all this bad news are setting in during Jonathan's time. God bless us . Amen

2 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by yomalex(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
oga o

1 Like

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by theripper3: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
So GRE get runs? choi, dat exam sha.

well, na Ghana sure pass for prospective takers. Part of the misfortunes of being a Nigerian at times

Dem cancel una for american visa lottery
dem cancel GRE
DEm cancel toefl join

1 Like

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Goldenheart(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
Good news, now incan apply for that scholarship in style grin
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Beaf1: 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wow! I forsee an upsurge in the PTE exams if this is true.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
My. Legs re shaking- visa lottery cancelled now GRE nd Toefl.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by nora544: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
The test from the british coucil is the same than the tofle and for all countries in europa and you can still make this test in nigeria.

I have an other question why it is so hard for nigerians to make this test because when you realy know english very good than it is no problem.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Big4wig(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nothing spoil na,no how no how man must survive...

Buh i sha know dat Education used to b d key to succes until ASUU and FG
changed d padlock....

#BIGWIG.

3 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by SEYIKP(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
G
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Big4wig(m): 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
oneangle: My. Legs re shaking-.
u sure say u don eat today?..lol

1 Like

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by bambuzz88: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Now where are the corrupt [size=13pt]politicians[/size], Local Universititeis are still sleeping under the bed of ASUU, DV Lottery cancelled,now TOEFL and GRE suspended, Nigerians Wake up, our tyrant leaders are gradually enslaving us totally when other nations are awake

3 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by theripper3: 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:

Not entirely true AFAM, some schools insist u get a minimum score in TOEFL for graduate or teaching assistantships. Some might waive it too if u have a stellar GRE score. So all join the complete package. E dey needful
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ahhhh... Naija at it again. Always abusing every little privileges given to them.

Nigerians ARE truly like cancer as stated by the minister of GOA, but my people hate the truth.
GboyegaD: Its actually so embarrassing people do all sorts of bad thing yet, we are one of the most religious and self righteous.

They did not take us for granted. The centers took them for granted and so they only had to take necessary actions. To think of it, we have mainly 2 centers for GRE however, many centers for TOEFL so we are not sure which of the centers/exams is responsible for this.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by warrikid(m): 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
hahahahaahahhahhahahhahahahhahahha
na wa,na wa.

when we talk about corruption,some people tribalise it,
when we talk about political impunity and corruption,
people say its the "nigerian factor" and they smile and laff about it.
now we all are being pushed to the wall.
no be old papa and mama dey write GRE and TOEFL ooo,its the youths.

shit just got real,a lot more sanctions would both "rub it innnn" and "drive
the damn point home" in a mini van.

antecedents to the revolution #nuffsaid.

3 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
80% of Nigerians are disgrace to humanity! They know nothing about something called honor. Cheating is their fcking second name!

2 Likes

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by bigheart2013(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Poor Kids, sorry! The price of coming from a corrupt nation. However, I never had to write TOEFL when I did my post-graduate in USA. The admission office of the Uni insisted, but I went to the Dean's office and argued it out that Nigeria is an English-speaking country. I was very courteous, never raised my voice but remained adamant and passionate. During the course of my discussions she was paying attention to my use of English Language. At the end she agreed with me that I didn't need it, and sent email to the admissions officer to allow me register. Maybe I was lucky. But sometime if you can prove yourself USA administrators are very hands-on & believe in merit. You just need to prove yourself.

Well, with corruption everyone pays dearly. Another reason why you young Nigerians must stop cheering corruption and wealthy criminals. They are wasting your future, while you applaud them.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / How To Use Airtel Youtube Night Data / Nigerian Private Universities With The Biggest Landmass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.