Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment (18358 Views)

How Much Do Immigration And Civil Defence Pay Graduates / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Queenisha: 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2008
How can they ask hungry individuals that may not have eaten a proper meal in ages to run miles?
When last did they have medical check ups?
do they know the ones with underlying medical issues.
Did they screen those with poor lung capacity and cardiac conditions?

That agency should be held responsible for these deaths.
How can 20 'able bodied' individuals just go like that?
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by vassilli(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2008
Dint dey knw wat they were bargaining for?
Moreso in such exercises Casualties r allowed
May their soul rest in peace

Na d bad economy push most of dem go o
Cos their take home pay no b am at al
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by delegiwa(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2008
I can bet that majority of the affected people went there on empty stomach,
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by finemocha(f): 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2008
what kind of stupid job requires u to run a marathon. what the hell is going on in nigeria for goodness sake
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by bibiking1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2008
vassilli:

Dint dey knw what they were bargaining for?

Na d bad economy push most of them go o

This is one dumb response to a very serious issue
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by ifyalways(f): 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2008
Queenisha:

How can they ask hungry individuals that may not have eaten a proper meal in ages to run miles?
When last did they have medical check ups?
do they know the ones with underlying medical issues.
Did they screen those with poor lung capacity and cardiac conditions?

That agency should be held responsible for these deaths.
How can 20 'able bodied' individuals just go like that?
nice lines BUT sadly you and i know it aint obtainable down here sad
poor souls,lost in the survival battle sad
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by yemmydavid(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2008
it was said that over 150,000 pple applied for the immigration test and only about 3500 slots are to be filled.

a pregnant woman also died , may her soul rest in peace but y shld she go in 4 it wen she knws dat she is pregnant and cant perfomr physical excercises well
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by nawah1: 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
Nigeria, why is it so hard for us to get things right. only in Nigeria will a graduate suffer like this for a prospective job
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by DisGuy: 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2008
vassilli:

Dint dey knw what they were bargaining for?

Na d bad economy push most of them go o

what are you saying? it's not a war it's a recruitment exercise and it doesn't appear the immigration service asked for
a medical report before telling people to run, there was no ambulance or even water for people after running
THE HEAD OF IMMIGRATION SERVICE SHOULD BE REMOVED AND SUED FOR MANSLAUGHTER!
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by samir101ng(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2008
@ disguy

i am in support of your argument. All the comptroller general's of immigration, customs and prisons should be brought before a commission of inquiry and face the appropriate charges of manslaugter. MY GOD. all of us should be sad for our country. imagine running this f, king distance. and they started this fuc, kg thing just this time. which monster though up this recruitment exercise. to make matters worse, it wasn't an isolated incident as it happened across various states. I AM F, KING ANGRY AND PISSED. i would blow the head of the guy responsible for thinking up this evil recruitment exercise without provision for any kind of emergency. i just keep thinking of the poor helpless people with a dream who went seeking for a better future but instead found death awaiting them. those our senators who are fond of probing and setting up commitees should put their full attention to this case and take it up seriously. compensation must also be paid to their families. all individuals invovled in this sh, t recruitment should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and this should never be allowed to happen again in nigeria as its a barbaric and inhuman exercise. have you seen all the ogas of customs, immigration, police and prisons with their fat potbellies and sagging chins. dey just they put on weight with their big yansh wey pass woman own. May the souls of the deceased rest in peace. Amen
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Nwaka77: 1:23am On Jul 15, 2008
finemocha:

what kind of stupid job requires u to run a marathon. what the hell is going on in nigeria for goodness sake

I ask myself the same question undecided

May the gentle souls of the deceased rest in peace.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by TmeD0(m): 1:49am On Jul 15, 2008
Please someone help out here o.  What corelation exists between an immigration officer's task and physical fitness test?  I'm still trying to understand the purpose of the ridiculous fitness test they had these applicants go through.  Last time I checked an immigration officer is not required to take and pass a physical fitness exam but rather pass a physical examination.  And to have people run 12.4 miles in 20 minutes is not only ludicrous but suicidal!  Watch the sorry government not a say a darn word about this and nothing to the victims' families.  This is so so sad and pitiful of the government not making provisions for emergency services for these people.  Haba! which way naija! 
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Nobody: 2:11am On Jul 15, 2008
Somebody should be held responsible for those deaths.
What kind of recruitment exercise pits thousands of people on a marathon? I have only seen such in charity jogs.
Even Al Qaeda doesn't recruit that way. This is quite shameful, to the Nigeria immigration, our government that allows lawlessness and those of us that allow ourselves into such madness(with full respect and exemption of the dead).
They could as well recruit from Ethiopia where they have marathon champs.
It is not necessarily the weak that died, a healthy robust person can easily wreck in such a barbaric situation. Human life have become trivial in Nigeria and as population is still exploding, it is sad that one day life may not worth more than a word in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by minto(m): 4:00am On Jul 15, 2008
20km in 20 minutes , that is like 2.5 miles in 4 minutes, and the current world record in only about 1 mile in 4 minutes , who was the idiot who thought this up   

I bet it's one stupidiot pot-belly who can not trek a hundred metre in 30mins.

May the departed souls rest in peace.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by simx1(m): 5:25am On Jul 15, 2008
In my opinion, the excersice cannot just be a one day stuff like that. How do you expect someone who did not do 1 mile jog in the last one year or only God knows when to come and run such a ridiculous distance in a short period of time? I quite agree whoever put the whole recruitment marathon program together be charged for manslaughter and sent to the gallow without delay.

I think its time we stop keeping shut on this kind of irresponsibility on the part of our government, are we really helpless? can't anybody institute a legal action? I've not seen the reason why our government should not be made to be responsible for this irresponsibility. I feel soo soo bad.

May the soul of the departed rest in blossoming peace!
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Babalegba(m): 5:47am On Jul 15, 2008
First of all , i hope God will have mercy on the souls of the departed but i'm still amazed that the Nigerian government or the Nigerian people themselves have not implemented any robust or aggressive population control in the country. Many of the current ills of the Nigerian society is directly attributable to overpopulation, there are too few jobs being chased by too many applicants.

We have leaders who are always trying to prove that the white mans belief that the black man is incapable of leadership is correct sad . We have a society that that fails to understand that infant mortality rate has fallen dramatically in the last fourty years and we also have graduates that fail to connect  the dot shocked. Nigerias optimum population given the current resources and level of corruption is probably eighty million but we have almost double that hence the serious employment problems.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by CARUSO(m): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2008
Nigeria and Poverty!

RIP to those who lost thier lives

Once again, Nigeria has continued to fail its citizens in so many ways and this is another reason!
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by CrudeOil2(m): 10:23am On Jul 15, 2008
This is pitiful and disheartening.
Its a shame we dont have a have a president.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by nedra: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2008
in many poor countries like nigeria, life is very cheap. sorry 4 the dead cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by skfa1: 10:41am On Jul 15, 2008
I think there is no proper organisation. The death should not have occurred.Instead of been on a queue, the government should have conducted it online and people chosen should be there that day and at the right stand for example Stand A B C e.t.c. They government should know how to train the applicants with no death recorded. There should be measure as well. We need to wake up from our slumber.

Now lets wait and see what the government will do, maybe they will compensate the dead family or not.

RIP
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by winnag: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2008
This shows the level of sophistication corruption has assumed. It is a well known fact that more than 80% of the candidates to be employed in the NIS have already being identified. This names come from offices of the president, vice president, senate president and his deputy, speaker and his deputy, committee chairs and members of the overseeing committees in the senate and house of reps., governors, traditional rulers,NIS Compt. Gen. and his team et'al. Why then insist that the hopeless applicants undergo such strenous exercise when most of them could not afford a decent meal.

Govt. must be made to compensate the families of the slain applicants, else the banks, communictaions coys and all other employers of labour would join in the fray for physical exercise[ afterall who does not want his /her staff membeto be physically fit] before granting jobs.

Enough of all these nonsense in this goddam country.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by nadico(m): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2008
The mere fact that we all just air our views on this issue and fold our hands amounts to a mere pat on the wrists for our government. Is it not time we really suggest ways by which such ugly episodes can be avoided in future. Its a very big shame to the self acclaimed giant of africa, Giant my foot ;
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by IMCCN(m): 11:22am On Jul 15, 2008
It is high time our leaders [or rulers] plug the loopholes through which politicians siphon our resources, tidy up the tax system to make it more effective, recover our stolen wealth and introduce some kind of social security for the teeming desperate masses. Even with these horrifying reports, if another organization announces mass vacancies tomorrow, countless numbers of folks will still file out for it and you will still hear of similar tragic tales. the people are simply poor and hungry and will rather die trying than sit in one place to die. its unfortunate that successive governments have failed to realize how serious the issue of poverty is in Nigeria, or they callously ignored it.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by tundebabzy: 11:35am On Jul 15, 2008
The organiser(s) was just plain stupid. But when you are organising a physical event with mass participation, you dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that there has to be a standby ambulance and medical personnel. During my NYSC, our endurance trek was hell. There was no ambulance but there were Red Cross personnel trailing us to pick the fallen. They even rented a trailer to move them back to camp and also those who felt they couldnt continue.
Is NIS trying to tell us that they can't afford to get an ambulance for a recruitment exercise? Meanwhile, the physical tests should have started after elimination of people with the intellectual and personality tests.
Whoever swallowed the money that caused people to avoidably lose their lives should know that he has innocent blood on his hands. One day it will be payback time.
May the souls of the departed rest in peace. (AMEN)
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by akyus(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2008
May their souls rest in peace. And may that exercise not only be the usual formality. Amen
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by simx1(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
nadico:

The mere fact that we all just air our views on this issue and fold our hands amounts to a mere pat on the wrists for our government. Is it not time we really suggest ways by which such ugly episodes can be avoided in future.

You're right! But how are we suppossed to act? You know the system is soooooo frustrating. How do we act?
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
People are saying Corruption there ,Corruption here ,why won't that be when a man nearly Die to get a job ,he will definately drain it off so as to regain is loss, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND FOLKS
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Bblak(f): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2008
Pathetic! Pathetic!! Pathetic!!!.  shocked sadMay their souls rest in peace cry
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by RichyBlacK(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2008
May their souls rest in peace.

Nigeria is getting more f-cked up every day!
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by hello2007: 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2008
s
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by shapa(m): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2008
It is a sad event. Please accept my sympathy.

In respect to this i wish to invite nairalanders to my 'Free internet browsing' training. It comes up everyday at the office. Fee = N5000.

If you are so busy and you can't come for training, then order for our 'easy to do manual' Cost = 3000 only.

The good thing about this is that you don't need to die at recruitment centres.

God bless you.

Pastor Raphael Onwutuebeh.
gethighincome@yahoo.com
askpastorraphael@yahoo.com

My office Suite 17 First Floor Oyekola complex Jakande gate B/stop Okeafa Isolo Lagos.
Description : From Oshodi or Mile 2 take a bus to Cele express. From cele express take another bus going to Ikotun and get off at Jakande gate b/stop Oke-afa. Then locate Oyekola complex on the right.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by shapa(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2008
It is a sad event. Please accept my sympathy.

In respect to this i wish to invite nairalanders to my 'Free internet browsing' training. It comes up everyday at the office. Fee = N5000.

If you are so busy and you can't come for training, then order for our 'easy to do manual' Cost = 3000 only.

The good thing about this is that you don't need to die at recruitment centres.

God bless you.

Pastor Raphael Onwutuebeh.
gethighincome@yahoo.com
askpastorraphael@yahoo.com

My office Suite 17 First Floor Oyekola complex Jakande gate B/stop Okeafa Isolo Lagos.
Description : From Oshodi or Mile 2 take a bus to Cele express. From cele express take another bus going to Ikotun and get off at Jakande gate b/stop Oke-afa. Then locate Oyekola complex on the right.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got My Dream Job On Nairaland Please Help / Does N.Power Stop Someone From Getting Other Federal Jobs? / 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.