Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment (18357 Views)

How Much Do Immigration And Civil Defence Pay Graduates / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by wiod657: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2008
who is really to be blamed, the government who gives little or no attention to the high rate of unemployment or despirate job-seekers who but must get a job or die trying,may their souls rest in peace
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by wale02(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2008
birdman, you got it all wrong it is not 20km as written by you but 3km in eighteen minutes for boys while it is same km in twenty minutes for girls. all the same I commensurate with those that lost thrir lives.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by ebyone: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2008
shocked this is really a bad news . but i want to ask what happens to the dead ones among them . i mean what compersation is been given to them .
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by dellyzee: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2008
sorry for the lost souls but i keep asking myself why would you run a race that you know you don't have the stamina for,it's sucide,it's like flying a plane without any prior knowledge and even if you started and you see that you can't complete it you stop and find a way of getting out of there the same thing happens during NYSC endurance trek, you find people fainting and all that. it's almost like suicide, a friend of mine went for the test and left when she was told they were going to run

it's a pity dat precious lives were wasted just like dat,in as much as we blame immigrations for their lapses,we 2 ve our own share of d blame,evry one musn't wrk wit govt,nt in xchange 4 our lives? yes! we nid 2 make efforts so as we won't b blamed 4anytin but den we've 2 also b careful in pursuit of wateva,and belif dat we'll definately get there one day but not by rushes but rather takin it cool and playin 2God 4his interventn cos if we end our lives in d process,d so called wrk continues 4 dose alive. so brothers, lets take life easy 4its well!
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by lordy(m): 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2008
E get plenty plenty things wey no suppose to happen for this life

Plenty plenty things
Plenty plenty nonsense
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With every passing day
With every passing occurence
My faith in the Nigerian project dwindles
But I'm a very patriotic Nigerian
I'm not confused; Am I?
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Samdada: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2008
may their souls rest in peace.  this is wot we see 4 bn grads. God go save us
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by lordy(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
E get plenty plenty things wey no suppose to happen for this life

Plenty plenty things
Plenty plenty nonsense
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With every passing day
With every passing occurence
My faith in the Nigerian project dwindles
But I'm a very patriotic Nigerian
I'm not confused; Am I?
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by moseshola(m): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2008
for over 20 people to die in a recruitment exercies is absurd and really unfortunate. this is nothing but a national tragedy that deserves the attention of the of every well meaning nigerian. it is indeed a clear indication of how bad things have gone in this our dear country.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by blackchief(m): 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
My pple believe it or not, 70% of the position being sort for by the applicant have already been take. I know a close friend that have to pay =N=80,000.00 per head for two of he brother that did not even participate in the exercise.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by adekennis(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2008
dis is danm patetic angry angry
may thier gentle soul rest in peace cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by awa(m): 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2008
May the Souls of the Departed rest in the bossom of the Lord and also may God give fortitude to the Nigerian nation to bear the irreparable lost.

The circumstances surrounding their death have gone along way to show the level of challenges Graduates are facing in the labour market. I pray that the Federal Govt. will do something proactive aimed at creating or simulating Job opening for people.

Once again, May their souls rest in Peace,
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by sherrylo: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
Hun na wahooo.But wait i dey suprise oo,cos wen someone dey run and im body no carry again se im go stop! abi which kain wahala be dis?death,death,and death please oo wen der is life der is hope even if he no plenty.God bless thier souls ooo.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by chychy(f): 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2008
it's actually about us nigerians not going 4 medical check ups n all.
cos under normal circumstances, we are not supposed to undertake any strenuous excercise without a clean bill of health from d doctor, God help us and receive their souls, Amen
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by Echeozo(m): 3:02am On Jul 16, 2008
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by KnowAll(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2008
Y is it when a new state is created the 1st thing the governor will do is create a state university. I think this idea of creating university without subsequent job provision is riduculous, they should task all states that create a university to employ at least 45% of graduates evey year if they cannot meet this quota they should dis-ban the uni, its of no use if its sole purpose is creating a large pool of un-employed graduates. I beleive the sole reason why the states create uni is for the governors to embark on big capital project in which millions of naira will be spent and and nothing to show for on the ground.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by skyone(m): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2008
NA     P-O-R-V-E-R-T-Y

THE ENEMY OF ALL MANKIND,  IT STEALS, KILLS, AND DESTROYS.

UNFORTUNATELY ITS AGENT ARE OUR LEADERS IN THIS LOVELY COUNTRY.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by eminemkayc: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2008
WHAT A BIZARRE TALE TO TELL! WHAT CAN I CONTRIBUTE NOW? HMM, NAIJA AND ITS PROBLEMS,
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by odedele: 4:00am On Jul 17, 2008
3.5 kilometre race just 2 bcome a WARDER?.a contry with no future 4 its youth
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by fesse(f): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2008
it is a shameful thing that our government can not provide the basic things for recuritment. May all their souls rest in peace, Amen.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by thefirm: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2008
it unfortunate this kind of thing happens all tha time. even soldiers that were at war didnt die but as soon as they arrived nigeria, they were blown up by our carelessness.

God help us.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by timiphast(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2008
[center]TO ME I THINK THE SCREENING IS NOT CONDUCTED THE WAY IT OUGHT TO BE DONE. THEY SHOULD HAVE CONDUCT THE MEDICAL TEST BEFORE FITNESS TEST THAT WILL HELP THEM TO KNOW THE ABILITY OF THEIR APPLICANTS AND IF THAT IS DONE THEY SHOULD ELIMINATE THOSE THAT ARE NOT CAPABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FITNESS TEST.  [/center]  shocked
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by kaaycee(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2008
so sad cry if these number of persons die in this recruitement then 4 d army recruitement everybody will die.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by birdman(m): 9:24am On Jul 19, 2008
@wale02:

from the original article

As early as 6.00 a.m., the applicants had assembled at the venues of their respective recruitment centres to commence the jogging of between 20 and 30 kilometres which should be completed under 20 minutes.

A 3km run in 18 minutes like you suggested is more than doable.

still, i cant place all the blame of the organizers. at some point, you as a potential candidate have to be savvy enough to get out when you are being taken for a ride
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by WhiteHalo(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2008
I took my wife for that interview on the Prisons here in Abuja.

When I saw the crowd of people there, and I saw the distance they asked them to run, I suggested that we leave, but she opted to see it through. That night when she told me what transpired there, I felt terrible.

Picture a mob of 700 people (a conservative number) and these people are asked to run a crazy distance, No problem yet. But when they reach the end, only 5 people were picked as they staggerred in, and the rest were shoved back. Then of these 5, the guards take a ruler and measure their height, and then shoved some of these 5 out that they were not tall enough.

She saw a doctor beating like a bad child, and thrown out on the floor. Next thing was tear gas! On GRADUATES THAT CAME FOR AN INTERVIEW!!!

I think there were 4 sets of these crowds that ran. and 5 taken from each set. and then the last two 5 were disqualified for God knows whatever reason, and thrown out. That was were they started beating people.

It was sad. When driving there someone said that the people that would get the jobs are at their houses, I thought she was just being pestimistic, Now, I'm not so sure
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by dodua(f): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2008
# sadm not really so shocked dis is NAIJA  n we youths had beta gear up 4 more troubles all in d name of JOBHUNTIN i pray they REST IN PEACE cry
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by sherrylo: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2008
For real! the people that will get the jobs are right in their homes sleeping or waiting patiently for the day to start.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by zubino(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2008
hello 2 all nigerians. its a pity 2 all those that lost their lives n event. i pray dat their soul may rest in peace. my message is that we are in the end time. these are some of the signs. so make peace with God.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by slygirl(f): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2008
may their soul rest in perfect peace. all because of employment
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by lyday(f): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2008
i think its time our govt see to all these rubbish. i cant imagine going through such screening coz one wants to get recruited. A Country where we have all the resources to live better. i dont understand o. angry
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by coolface(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2008
hunmm!!!!, na serious mata o. i dey for the screening too o. my own be Abeokuta, Ogun State. i pity those people o. walahi, but may their soul rest in perfect peace. I beg o make we know if them start releasing their list o. coz we never know to paste am.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by deoye05: 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2009
i dont think this is a problem of running a race you have the staminar for. what would you say about the people who were trampled upon. there is an exercise to carry out and there is no ambulance. Even professioners have ambulances trailing them behind. this is poor organization, and the Government should be ashamed of this news.
But am sure, its no big deal to them anyways.
Re: Nigeria Lost Over 20 Graduate In Immigration And Prison Recruitment by ola4u: 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
Hi Nairalandersssssssssssssssssssss,

I just feel that All ex-leaders (still alive) and current leaders of this country should be sacrificed for this Country to move forward.

What have they done to benefit common masses

Absolutely Nothing!!!

God will visit them one day with His Holy Anger, Holy Ghost Fire and Destroy all of them. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got My Dream Job On Nairaland Please Help / Does N.Power Stop Someone From Getting Other Federal Jobs? / 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.