Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? (2760 Views)

Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time / See what A Lover Bought For His Girlfriend As Birthday Gift(pics) / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2008
I was wondering if buying a locket for your boyfriend is too much for a birthday gift. Is getting it for an anniversary better?
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Gamine(f): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2008
Locket for a guy
it dosnt seem appropriate
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2008
Locket? Urm, whatever floats your boat and if you know that he will like it, different strokes for different folks
me personally, i don't think it is an appropriate gift
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Sisikill: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2008
I love the lockets where you can put pictures. If you can, look for pix of you two as babies. I think it's sweet.

But do guys wear lockets?
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2008
Uhmmm! sad

So any advice for a birthday gift?
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2008
Urgh, does he have any hobbies, anything he likes particularly, as in give us an idea of the kind of things he is interested in so that we can give you the best choices smiley
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2008
He loves computers and electronic stuff. He does sport.

I don't know what I can buy! cry
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Sisikill: 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2008
What game and team does he root for? If you can, get him tickets to the game, go with him even if you don't like sports. After the game take him to dinner and end the day with a little lipsrsealed

If you know any electronic stuff he's been eyeing lately and you can afford it, buy it for him. Take him to dinner or you can prepare his favorite dish, set the mood and end the day with a little lipsrsealed

Please don't buy Socks, watch, underwear, shirt, tie, shoes. . . all too practical! Ughh!
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2008
Hmm, computers and sports?

Ok here are a few ideas smiley

Maybe take him to watch a live sport event
Sports Gear
Sports Souvenirs
Latest and Stylish Trainers
Digital Camera
Mp3/Ipod
Mp3/ Ipod Accessories (If he already has one)
Designer Aftershave
Electronic Sudoku

Hope this helps smiley
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2008
I am a student and haven't got a summer job. I have limited resources. I don't want to go bankrupt before owning an account.

I have thought about the romantic dinner and other things. but the gift is giving me 10% sleepless nights!
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2008
michelin89:

I am a student and haven't got a summer job. I have limited resources. I don't want to go bankrupt before owning an account.

I have thought about the romantic dinner and other things. but the gift is giving me 10% sleepless nights!
Lol I should have thought of that sha, ok, do you mind telling me what your budget is?
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2008
ibkaye:

Lol I should have thought of that sha, ok, do you mind telling me what your budget is?

By making good use of my Nigerian genes, I could sweet mouth my dad and get something above €20.
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Sisikill: 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2008
michelin89:

Lol.

You know it sounds cliche but sometimes, it really is the thought that counts. Just make him feel extra-special, let him know how happy you are to share his day and then cap it with a little lipsrsealed
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2008
michelin89:

By making good use of my Nigerian genes, I could sweet mouth my dad and get something above €20.
€20? Hehehehe Ok

Hmmm, your romantic dinner is not a bad idea, after that, you two can spend some quality time together wink

Does he have an Mp3/Ipod? maybe you can get him accesories for that within your budget range

You know you can even give him a birthday present without spending a euro, telling him exactly hom you feel etc

Hehehehe, maybe even singing to him grin

Urmm, sorry if this is too personal but are you both sexually active? I have some ideas

Sorry o, at the moment I don't have many ideas for you  embarassed
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Gamine(f): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2008
LOl. haba

u people wan kill this poor student!!!

Michelin, abeg buy am one nice powerbike

he will loff you for life! grin

Seriously,

Sisikill has nailed it
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2008
Powerbike ke? The toy or the real thing? shocked

Didn't you see '€20?' cheesy
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Gamine(f): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2008
lol.
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by sinthia(f): 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2008
women no go get money to spend on their bobos
but when its their own birthday,
they expect the guy to buy them limosines embarassed
girl, if u dont have money,just wish him a happy birthday
poverty no be disease
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by dorleey(f): 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2008
locket is more of a feminine gift.
i think a nice perfume and after-shave cream will be ok
depending on the guy sha!
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by rubi(f): 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2008
@ Poster I understand you, try considering a little perfume not neccesarily big size small size I think is fine
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Busta(f): 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2008
girls or guys , its sooooo overated!!
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2008
sinthia:

women no go get money to spend on their bobos
but when its their own birthday,
they expect the guy to buy them limosines embarassed

girl, if u don't have money,just wish him a happy birthday
poverty no be disease

Maybe that's you but not me!

At this point I am going for the perfume!
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by StephenP(m): 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2008
@topic, no a locket isn't appropriate.
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2008
@Michelin
No lockets.

Sure, you can buy him the perfume.
But I think the best gift is making him feel extra special on his birthday.

I'd say, take a long walk, flirt with him, joke around. Anything! Well, please practice abstinence.
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by nawah1: 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2008
when i read the title of the post i thought it was romantic (i assumed it was for a girl). I really dont know how appropriate a locket is for a guy.
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by nawah1: 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2008
sorry for the earlier post, i see my opinion has already been expressed.
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2008
A locket is more like a feminine stuff. The perfume is a cool idea but I like buying what will last for a long time. A wrist watch, necklace, set of ear rings and neclace wiht pendant etc. I like somthing the person will see and have a story to tell
Buy him something that will last. wink
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by babyblue: 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2008
Powerbike ke? The toy or the real thing? Shocked

Didn't you see '€20?' Chees

lol
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 14, 2008
Hey ya! For a poor student like me, €20 nor be joke oo! grin

Make una try understand!
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by babyblue: 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2008
omo life is not hard, if this gives u headache, tell him u tried to get him something but nothing is good enough for him

babe relax
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2008
babyblue:

omo life is not hard, if this gives u headache, tell him u tried to get him something but nothing is good enough for him

babe relax

If he doesn't get me something on my birthday i won't be pleased. Since I believe what I give is what I get, I want to try and get something that conveys all my feelings!
Re: Is A Locket An Appropriate Birthday Gift? by babyblue: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2008
ok then get him a fine custom made shirt with something on it by u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suddenly She Came Last Night / Friends With Benifits? / John Legend’s Wife Chrisy Teigen Goes Fully N Aked For Beach Shoot (25 PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.