Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,672 members, 7,844,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President (5684 Views)

Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President / Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2013
Pardon my ignorance, well, if i dont knw I ask.
Now, what is pathology? How is it lab related? Can anyone pls answer, sorta confused.
Dnt refer me to google pls, i want the in-house once to explain.
Im missing lalamed sef, dat guy eh, always sitting on d fence.
I hail o, if u dey see dis.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2013
#me@:
Now, what is pathology? How is it lab related? Can anyone pls answer, sorta confused.

Pick an encyclopedia read about the history of lab sciences and read pathology too. Don't argue without good knowledge. Browse wikipaedia if u have no encyclopedia. That's the way to go. Pathology is quite old with a very rich and interesting history, its a bedrock of medicine.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2013
I want to hear frm horse's mouth, not interested.
dr_joshua2000:

Pick an encyclopedia read about the history of lab sciences and read pathology too. Don't argue without good knowledge. Browse wikipaedia if u have no encyclopedia. That's the way to go. Pathology is quite old with a very rich and interesting history, its a bedrock of medicine.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2013
#me@:
Okay,the fun job of a pathologist is having a quiet time wif a cadavar...Lol,just joking!
well,a pathologist is one who carries out autopsy,cuts out tissues for histopathology analysis in the theatre and also assumed to ''interprete'' lab results.
Pls dear,do u think a scientist spent 5yrs in school and 1 yr postgraduate training just to learn the practical aspect of the course? Do u think they are not well equipped to interprete the results of the tests they run? Do u think they are machines who just run a test wifout knowing the clinical significance of the test after evaluation?
Hmmmm! Issorait.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2013
#me@:
I want to hear frm horse's mouth, not interested.
Lolllllllll!
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
GentleMimi:
Okay,the fun job of a pathologist is having a quiet time wif a cadavar...Lol,just joking!
well,a pathologist is one who carries out autopsy,cuts out tissues for histopathology analysis in the theatre and also assumed to ''interprete'' lab results.
Pls dear,do u think a scientist spent 5yrs in school and 1 yr postgraduate training just to learn the practical aspect of the course? Do u think they are not well equipped to interprete the results of the tests they run? Do u think they are machines who just run a test wifout knowing the clinical significance of the test after evaluation?
Hmmmm! Issorait.
ok now, nice!
What or morbid anatomy? Cos a resident told me they test diseased bdy parts in d lab.
Saw lots of micro scopes and stdnt MLS doing practicals bla bla and in dat dept, i also saw a medical lab science diploma prog centre in dat morbid anatomy dept of d teaching hospital.
O well, dnt refer me to google, i bliv ud explain better.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
GentleMimi:
Hmmmm! Issorait.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
#me@:

ok now, nice!
What or morbid anatomy? Cos a resident told me they test diseased bdy parts in d lab.
Saw lots of micro scopes and stdnt MLS doing practicals bla bla and in dat dept, i also saw a medical lab science diploma prog centre in dat morbid anatomy dept of d teaching hospital.
O well, dnt refer me to google, i bliv ud explain better.
Hmmmmm,med lab science diploma? That's a first.
Anyway,morbid anatomy is more abt diagnosis of a disease in a dead(autopsy,usually generalised) or living(biopsy,specific) being.A sample is collected by the PATHOLOGIST on the theatre table,sent to the lab for adequate preservation.The pathologist goes ahead to observe macroscopically,cuts out sections of the suspicious tissue.The MED LAB SCIENTIST proceeds to process the tissues(its a long process) for abt 3 days.Finally,the scientist mounts the tissue on a slide,sends it to the PATHOLOGIST for viewing.
In summary,the aim of M.A is diagnosis of malignancies and cause of suspicious death....hope this isn't an epistle...lol!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
[quote author=GentleMimi]
Hmmmmm,med lab science diploma? That's a first.
Anyway,morbid anatomy is more abt diagnosis of a disease in a dead(autopsy,usually generalised) or living(biopsy,specific) being.A sample is collected by the PATHOLOGIST on the theatre table,sent to the lab for adequate preservation.The pathologist goes ahead to observe macroscopically,cuts out sections of the suspicious tissue.The MED LAB SCIENTIST proceeds to process the tissues(its a long process) for abt 3 days.Finally,the scientist mounts the tissue on a slide,sends it to the PATHOLOGIST for viewing.
In summary,the aim of M.A is diagnosis of malignancies and cause of suspicious death....hope this isn't an epistle...lol![/quote

Hmmm this country na wa oh. Drivers are struggling to become more important than pilots.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Like,seriously....!
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
[quote author=dr_joshua2000][/quote]
U've got a problem wif that,boy? Too bad. Then take over the cockpit,people aint stopping u.
Struggling indeed.*scoffs*
Stop hurting urself.Nobody is struggling here,nobody is gonna take ur job frm u! If everyone is a pilot,who gets to drive?
Guy,get it into ur brain that it is over! U are crying over spilled milk.If u aint satisfied,go and contest the court ruling and stop buzzing around this thread.Abeg,i've got berra tins to do.Its boring here....repeating onself is monotonous and sleep-indusive..I'm ''officially'' logged out of this thread.Get over it and stop crying like ur NMA president.Bunch of.....wareva.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
GentleMimi:
U've got a problem wif that,boy? Too bad. Then take over the cockpit,people aint stopping u.
Stop hurting urself.Nobody is struggling here,nobody is gonna take ur job frm u! If everyone is a pilot,who gets to drive?
Guy,get it into ur brain that it is over! U are crying over spilled milk.If u aint satisfied,go and contest the court ruling and stop buzzing around this thread.Abeg,i've got berra tins to do.Its boring here....repeating onself is monotonous and sleep-indusive..I'm ''officially'' logged out of this thread.Get over it and stop crying like ur NMA president.Bunch of.....wareva.

I see why u are behind d bench.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
There is no point in argue with u guys. Pathologists make diagnosis of diseases,plan treatment and predict prognosis thru examination of body fluids and tissue. Pathologists could specialize in chemical pathology, morbid anatomy, haematology, microbiology,molecular pathology, immunology etc. Pathologists also have clinics adjoining laboratories in mangement of diseases that require extensive lab input. To get more details about pathologists and their duties ask google. I dey laugh. In the united states pathologists are known as director of laboratory services. Though scientists( not only med lab scientists) with phd or msc with years of working exqerience are also allow to head laboratories in some settings. I do not have to argue with u. Just google 'pathologist as director of laboratories' u will find the answers. There is no point argue. I will also advise to google 'international classification of health workers'. Then check where scientists belong to.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
*visits thread unofficially*
hey,this guy blocking the road(joshua,na u ooo),park WELL joor! People do not sit behind a bench,but ''on'' the bench...stop dulling this thread!
Take a pill,take an analgesic.You are still hurting urself.I will NOT be held responsible for casualties.
And by the way,i'm still officially off this thread.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
Laalamed: There is no point in argue with u guys. Pathologists make diagnosis of diseases,plan treatment and predict prognosis thru examination of body fluids and tissue. Pathologists could specialize in chemical pathology, morbid anatomy, haematology, microbiology,molecular pathology, immunology etc. Pathologists also have clinics adjoining laboratories in mangement of diseases that require extensive lab input. To get more details about pathologists and their duties ask google. I dey laugh. In the united states pathologists are known as director of laboratory services. Though scientists( not only med lab scientists) with phd or msc with years of working exqerience are also allow to head laboratories in some settings. I do not have to argue with u. Just google 'pathologist as director of laboratories' u will find the answers. There is no point argue. I will also advise to google 'international classification of health workers'. Then check where scientists belong to.
There is no point arguing,and u write an epistle...... And after googling ''pathologist'',what happens? Do we get a court reversal? Will it change the state of professional discord? Wld it improve the health sect?? I wish u knew the history of the health sector politics.You have NO idea.But u are in no mood for an argument so i rest my case.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
[quote author=dr_joshua2000][/quote]
i feel like hiting u hard, will u shut the fuuuck upp
I asked a question and u d so called doc couldent answer.
Someone came to answer and u put on ur egoistic coat to blab.
I hate u.
U reek!! Serious reeking!
Im sure u crammed ur way outta schl, bt i only pity ur pts.
Wat a mess
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hahaha, i asked a simple question and ur going criss cross.
I hail.
U get brain pass dat josh sha. No disrespect bt in trying to pledge solidarity, lets be objective and rational... Rule out sentiments
Laalamed: There is no point in argue with u guys. Pathologists make diagnosis of diseases,plan treatment and predict prognosis thru examination of body fluids and tissue. Pathologists could specialize in chemical pathology, morbid anatomy, haematology, microbiology,molecular pathology, immunology etc. Pathologists also have clinics adjoining laboratories in mangement of diseases that require extensive lab input. To get more details about pathologists and their duties ask google. I dey laugh. In the united states pathologists are known as director of laboratory services. Though scientists( not only med lab scientists) with phd or msc with years of working exqerience are also allow to head laboratories in some settings. I do not have to argue with u. Just google 'pathologist as director of laboratories' u will find the answers. There is no point argue. I will also advise to google 'international classification of health workers'. Then check where scientists belong to.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by adeoladrg(m): 6:54am On Nov 15, 2013
U guys av not learnt how ignore this miserable josh guy. Are doctors so dull? Thank God lalaamed is back..
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 7:19am On Nov 15, 2013
adeola_drg: U guys av not learnt how ignore this miserable josh guy. Are doctors so dull? Thank God lalaamed is back..
People hv ignored him for long,he therefore assumes that he can get away wif any bogus statement.Abeg just allow ppl to spk their minds to him.
Who is Lalaamed?...is he a dreaming doctor? *joking*

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by MeAboki(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2013
^^^^ Why are you still wasting time, as I told you before, give him rat poison to put him out of his misery. cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2013
GentleMimi: *visits thread unofficially*
hey,this guy blocking the road(joshua,na u ooo),park WELL joor! People do not sit behind a bench,but ''on'' the bench...stop dulling this thread!
Take a pill,take an analgesic.You are still hurting urself.I will NOT be held responsible for casualties.
And by the way,i'm still officially off this thread.

You, your colleagues and your teacher have no respect and manners. That how you want to head the hospitals with dirty, immature and unethical words. Nobility keeps me from uttering vain words. Blessings!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2013
GentleMimi:

You've won in words, a doctor could never win you guys in an argument could he? While he's constructive, you'll be insultive and if he tries to insult lab scientists will simply beat him up that's the case here. You win madam Mimi, in words that is, in the real world let see. Blessings!.
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
dr_joshua2000:

You've won in words, a doctor could never win you guys in an argument could he? While he's constructive, you'll be insultive and if he tries to insult lab scientists will simply beat him up that's the case here. You win madam Mimi, in words that is, in the real world let see. Blessings!.
Hahahaha! Lol! Ooohhh,come on! Stop being sentimental.
When u went abt this thread calling other health workers ''poorly educated folks'',u didn't know u were being insultive.Now u want some respect....well u've got to earn it.
When u get into an argument,never bring in ur pride at the forefront,cos it cld be ur downfall.
I work wif docs,my closest friend is a medical doc.Its just that when i see arrogance in a person,i get into my ''attack'' mode.
There is no joy in the so called ''victory'' in the argument.What matters is what we all make of ourselves in the real world.
So peace be unto u,brotherly.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
dr_joshua2000:

You, your colleagues and your teacher have no respect and manners. That how you want to head the hospitals with dirty, immature and unethical words. Nobility keeps me from uttering vain words. Blessings!
Yeah,and fear of a ban keeps me frm saying worse.Get over it pls.I didn't insult u.I saw insults frm others directed at u,and u just had to come crying to me.Shift joor! angry

grin
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by adeoladrg(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
GentleMimi:
Hahahaha! Lol! Ooohhh,come on! Stop being sentimental.
When u went abt this thread calling other health workers ''poorly educated folks'',u didn't know u were being insultive.Now u want some respect....well u've got to earn it.
When u get into an argument,never bring in ur pride at the forefront,cos it cld be ur downfall.
I work wif docs,my closest friend is a medical doc.Its just that when i see arrogance in a person,i get into my ''attack'' mode.
There is no joy in the so called ''victory'' in the argument.What matters is what we all make of ourselves in the real world.
So peace be unto u,brotherly.

Don't mind the mumu. He attacked Joshuapharm heavily on the other thread.. Thank God the guy came back to buttress his points. How will doctor say they created pharmacy and other health professionals? *spits on him*
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
adeola_drg:

Don't mind the mumu. He attacked Joshuapharm heavily on the other thread.. Thank God the guy came back to buttress his points. How will doctor say they created pharmacy and other health professionals? *spits on him*
Hmmmm.I'll definitely pay that thread a visit! grin
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
Winners in words, bad losers in reality. So much for these para medics... Blessings!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Winners in words, bad losers in reality. So much for these para medics... Blessings!
undecided...u really are terrible.What hv we lost in this scenerio? After u go dey halla sey person insult u.U no go waka one side,respect urself.
In reality,we fought for what we wanted and got it.DEAL WITH IT!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by asomols(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2013
how I wish I was a lawyer hmmmm. just cross my legs and wait... grin
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by MeAboki(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2013
GentleMimi:
undecided...u really are terrible.What hv we lost in this scenerio? After u go dey halla sey person insult u.U no go waka one side,respect urself.
In reality,we fought for what we wanted and got it.DEAL WITH IT!

Oboy, you no dey hear word, I told you before and I am still telling you again; abeg give him rat poison make we rest. cheesy grin
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 16, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Oboy, you no dey hear word, I told you before and I am still telling you again; abeg give him rat poison make we rest. cheesy grin
wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President by GentleMimi: 10:11am On Nov 16, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Loooooooolllll! Hahaha. Abeg,rat poison no go fit silence this one oooo.E be like sey him dey use am as indomie spice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Doctor Reveals 4 True Benefits Of Swallowing Man's Sperm (must Read) / Ur / Grow Your Beards And Hairs On Your Bald Hair With This..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.