Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business (949 Views)

Piling And Foundations / Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor / IGI Insurance Plc -A Company With No Integrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by iafatok(m): 3:19am On Nov 10, 2013
Introduction
When business ethics and integrity are present all parties dealing with the business know they can rely on the standards with which the business conducts its business transactions. Recognizing the significance of business ethics as a tool for achieving your desired outcome is only the beginning. A small business that instills a deep-seated theme of business ethics within its strategies and policies will be evident among customers. It's overall influence will lead to a profitable, successful company. Click here to read more: http://akoladefatokun..com/
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by texanomaly(f): 3:36am On Nov 10, 2013
With all the corruption, bribery and behind the scenes maneuvering that goes on in Nigeria, is it possible to be ethical and have integrity, and still run a successful business?
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by iafatok(m): 3:44am On Nov 10, 2013
@ texanomaly: There is no right way to do a wrong thing.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by texanomaly(f): 4:01am On Nov 10, 2013
iafatok: @ texanomaly: There is no right way to do a wrong thing.

I agree. However, that does not answer my question. If corruption abounds, and nothing can be accomplished without greasing someone's palm, can success (financial success) be achieved, by someone who possess and practices these qualities?
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by kolokolobi(m): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2013
@texanomaly. The issue you raised is real.....as in real. The way out is that you should prepare yourself for low margins as you have to use differentiation strategy most times to create a niche. Secondly build a vast business network. I have seen it many times over and agree that the nigerian business environment is filled with deal cutting. The norm now is they wait for you at payment point to frustrate you. Even when you get the job or business on merit. I've just gotten a start up running and I'm bent on running it ethically. So far my clients where gotten cos they know ill deliver. I'm also familiar with the CEOs.......so nobody messes with me when my invoice arrives on their table.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by kolokolobi(m): 10:19am On Nov 10, 2013
There is also a business principle that you must take care of all stakeholders. How to work through that principle ethically is a daily challenge. I must confess that I don't have all the answers yet. But ill let you in on a strategy being used. The deal is that you are only carrying out the contract on behalf of you know who with your firm....then you split profits. How does that sound texanomaly.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by texanomaly(f): 10:56am On Nov 10, 2013
@ kolokolobi
It sounds exhausting.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by kolokolobi(m): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2013
@texanomaly....exhausting...wow.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by texanomaly(f): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2013
kolokolobi: @texanomaly....exhausting...wow.
I'm just saying... It's a shame one must jump through flaming rings, simply to do the right thing.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by kolokolobi(m): 11:28am On Nov 10, 2013
Ok. Don't see any flames. What if I told you I've made a turn over of 15m in my start up within the last 5 months without offering anything to nobody. But I said earlier I'm dealing from the top most times so no one tries to mess with me. Although im careful to maintain a cordial relationship with the system as power could shift hands. Others are coming through referals.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by texanomaly(f): 11:33am On Nov 10, 2013
kolokolobi: Ok. Don't see any flames. What if I told you I've made a turn over of 15m in my start up within the last 5 months without offering anything to nobody. But I said earlier in dealing from the top most times. Others are coming through referals.
I would say, that is great! I'm glad to hear that. It renews my faith in ethical standards making business successful. Thanks
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by kolokolobi(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
May I also add that I'm currently expending over 1m currently in gifts to my clients. Its unsolicited but I know from my years of experience that everyone loves gifts and recognition. Just a tip.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by iafatok(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
@kolokolobi and texanomaly: Thanks for your thoughtful contributions. However, the topic can be viewed from various perspective has analysed by both of you but we should keep in mind that there is a cost for everything.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by kolokolobi(m): 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Relationship mgt cost money. If I break down cost time and stress of going to different parts of the country to attend client related engagements you'd be shocked. But I know its a price to pay to stay relevant.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by texanomaly(f): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
iafatok: @kolokolobi and texanomaly: Thanks for your thoughtful contributions. However, the topic can be viewed from various perspective has analysed by both of you but we should keep in mind that there is a cost for everything.
Please elaborate.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by iafatok(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
What constitutes ethical behaviour varies from one person to another, from industry to industry.... For example one person who finds 20 millions of naira on the floor believes that it is okay to stick it in his pocket, whereas another feels compelled to turn it in to the lost-and-found department.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by texanomaly(f): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
iafatok: What constitutes ethical behaviour varies from one person to another, from industry to industry.... For example one person who finds 20 millions of naira on the floor believes that it is okay to stick it in his pocket, whereas another feels compelled to turn it in to the lost-and-found department.
There is no variance here. One is a thief, and the other is not. If you don't know the difference, I can't help you.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by iafatok(m): 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
Meaning that an individual has the liberty to define what ethics means base on his personal beliefs about whether a behaviour, action, or decision is right or wrong.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by libertysols(m): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
LIBERTY SOLUTIONS (REG NO: BN 2156099) BB PIN: 2958F098
(Information Technology(I.T) Personnels, Auto dealers & Real Estate Consultants)
EXPERIENCE GREAT VALUE ON ANY OF OUR SERVICES
list of services we deploy:
*IT Support(Hardware and Software's)
*Sales of Computers(Laptops and Desktops)
*Sales of smartphones
*Hardware Support Services at homes and Offices
*Sales of vehicles(TOKUNBO & NIGERIAN USED)
*Real Estate Consultants
FOR MORE INFO CALL +2348103468885, +2348055977705 AND +2347085303939
Linked In: libertycomputersolutions@gmail.com
Twitter: @libertysols
BB PIN: 2958F098
2go: libertysols
Whats App: 08103468885 (libertysolutions)
YM: liberty.solutions
Msn: libertysolutions@live.com
Google Talk: libertycomputersolutions@gmail.com
Email : libertysolutionsgroup@yahoo.com

Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by alabimueez: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
@iafatok, I cherish your write-up, please do more.
Re: Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business by MKOAbiodun(m): 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
Bro i beg to disagree with you. Nigeria is country where anything is possible. But you can keep to your 'oyibo' theories and see if they can work for you. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Jaja Africa Computer Ventures: Jajadeal.biz. / Is Merrbet Predict Real Or A Scam? / Pure Cooking Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.