Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta (21467 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Nigerian Drug Courier Daniel Enemuo To Be Executed Today As Indonesia Gets Tough / Photo: Nigerian Drug Courier Daniel Enemuo To Be Executed Today In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by AbuMikey(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2013
Please, was the MOD who moved this thread to front page sleeping when he worded that sentence?

Ken Saro Wiwa was executed on November 10 1995, making it the 18th year remembrance.

MOD, correct the error please.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by naturalwaves: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2013
Hmmmm..........Another evidence to show that Nigeria or any part of it is not worth injuring for, talkless of dying for. Nigeria is not worth dying for (No offence). RIP Ken Saro Wiwa!
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by confusion247(m): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2013
berem: Its so unfortunate that the leaders of the niger delta have not deemed it fit to immortalize this great man and a freedom fighter. Its so shameful that a president who hails from the same region has not provided any meaningful development to the niger deltans! Will Ken Saro Wiwa's struggle for freedom and emancipation be in vain?
Yes his struggle is already in vain and his death is well deserved. You can't stand against some people fighting for freedom and just cause, then later after you helped the oppressor kill them in millions you now realized the value of freedom and self determination while the oppressor is still alive.
Saro wiwa should have known that the cup that was used to measure for innocent Biafrans will also be used to measure for him and his people. As they took over biafran properties under the disguise of abandoned property policy, that is the same way their oil wells have been taken over under the name of hypocritical One Nigeria.
This is just the beginning by the time Jonathan goes out from aso rock, they will know the true and real meaning of hypocritical One Nigeria.
Gowon and his people can testify to that.

10 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by MidaxPhoenix(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2013
confusion247:
Yes his struggle is already in vain and his death is well deserved. You can't stand against some people fighting for freedom and just cause, then later after you helped the oppressor kill them in millions you now realized the value of freedom and self determination while the oppressor is still alive.
Saro wiwa should have known that the cup was used to measure for innocent Biafrans will also be used to measure for him and his people. As they took over biafran properties under the disguise of abandoned property policy, that is the same way their oil wells have been taken over under the name of hypocritical One Nigeria.
This is just the beginning by the time Jonathan goes out from aso rock, they will know the true and real meaning of hypocritical One Nigeria.
Gowon and his people can testify to that.

Barring the observation of this day as Sabbath, I would have said you are a retard..

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by MacLovington(m): 11:24am On Nov 10, 2013
Idea never dies, people die.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by naturalwaves: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2013
ferhyntorlah: Please, was the MOD who moved this thread to front page sleeping when he worded that sentence?

Ken Saro Wiwa was executed on November 10 1995, making it the 18th year remembrance.

MOD, correct the error please.

That's the kind of things you get when you use people like ******v** as MOD. This is not the first time such will be happening. I can't even count the number of times threads with grammartical flaws have been moved to the front page as well and it will take hours of calling on MODS, MODS, MODS before such can be corrected if at all it will.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2013
Saro was executed about 18 years ago. I'm not sure where supermod got 10 years from.

We remember that morning in PH, the whole town was quiet, very few cars on the road. PH residents moving around in a daze, speaking in hushed tones on the morning of the execution.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by femogbangba: 11:28am On Nov 10, 2013
He was a great man and stood strong in what he believed in. A great example for youths today.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by kshowhanif: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2013
owolabifunke14: And some people will come here to say that military rule is better than civilian rule.
their is difference, when a democratically elected president want to kill you, he will put u in a helicopter & tell the pilot to fly vertically downward into a cocoyam farm after reaching a height of 300meter above the ground. Can somebody tell me which n/d president sent his fellow n/d to an early grave with an arranged plancrash. The same niger/delta president arranged bomb attack killing innocent nigerians on independence day, in bid to discredit some credible personality blaming them for the attack.
The problem of nigeria is not the said oppresion of one region over another, but the lact of patrioticism & complete acceptance of who we are. We are nigerians, people of different ethics & culture, perfectly blended together by almighty Allah. All we need to do is just to understand our differences, & work toward achieving a comfortable life for the common man. This is my view, dont hate me for saying them.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by gal10(f): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2013
anthoniosp: so?? how datt one take call off strike??

You know you don't have to show your shallow mindedness here! And if you think you are funny, pls think again because this is a sober thread for sober reflections of our nation and the great man we are remembering today!

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by patrickmuf(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2013
Asari Dokubo, read and learn...talking about passionate activists, do we still have them in 9ja?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by malele(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2013
Its unfortunate that the nigeria ken saro wiwa supported during biafra war later killed him.

5 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by 1Wilywily: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Yorubas Elites that was controlling oil industries then secretly conspired with Northerners and Kill Ken, they called him a trouble and noise marker.

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by femogbangba: 11:48am On Nov 10, 2013
1Wilywily: Yorubas Elites that was controlling oil industries then secretly conspired with Northerners and Kill Ken, they called him a trouble and noise marker.

Yoruba elites? please stop being mischievous

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by confusion247(m): 11:48am On Nov 10, 2013
Midax & Phoenix:

Barring the observation of this day as Sabbath, I would have said you are a retard..

Observing today as Sabbath shows that you are as confused as saro wiwa. You can't stand against some people that is thirsty from drinking water and later demand for the same water.
You can call me what you like but it doesn't change the fact that saro wiwa got what he deserved. In his next earth life he will stand for justice and equity for all not for his people only.

5 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by swedbase(m): 11:51am On Nov 10, 2013
Big4wig: Eya,i wish i knew d man buh since i don't,i would dedicate a joke on his behalf.

TEACHER: If a lion is chasing you,
what would you
do?
STUDENT: I'd jump over the wall.
TEACHER: If the lion jumps over as
well?
STUDENT: I'd climb a tree.
TEACHER: If the lion climbs the
tree?
STUDENT: I will jump into the lake
and swim.
TEACHER: If the lion also jumps
into the water and
swims after you?
STUDENT: Sir, are you on my side
or on the lion's?

grin grin grin grin Only those with brain can understand your joke bro.
A street in Bayalsa was renamed after Abacha's son,
Abacha's son was given a chieftaincy title in Bayalsa state not quite long ago,the same Abacha who killed their Saro wiwa
So who is fooling who? I have only one word for Saro wiwa and his people and that is ''*GOOD MORNING**

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by 1Wilywily: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2013
malele: Its unfortunate that the nigeria ken saro wiwa supported during biafra war later killed him.
Not all Nigerians, the killing of Ken was secretly spearheaded by Yorubas that has interest in oil industry and Northern Elites.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by 1Wilywily: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2013
femogbangba:
Yoruba elites? please stop being mischievous
Telling you the reality
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Haywhymido(m): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2013
Naa sani abacha na him kill saaro wiwa.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by MattMelty: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2013
anthoniosp: so?? how datt one take call off strike??
MUMU...
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by confusion247(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2013
malele: Its unfortunate that the nigeria ken saro wiwa supported during biafra war later killed him.
That is how it works in hypocritical One Nigeria. Hypocritical One Nigeria is a private enterprise of hausa/fulani oligarchy, they will use you to achieve their aim and kill you later when the deal is done that was what saro wiwa failed to realize. They used awolowo and later forced him to drink rat poison. They used Abiola and later gave him a cup of tea. Saro wiwa wasn't left out. Today Gowon have turned to a hypocritical prayer warrior to see if divine help will reach him and his people.
Saro wiwa and his people including others in Niger delta are enjoying the good fruits of hypocritical One Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by kliq(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2013
18yrs! How time flies

Keep resting in peace Ken saro-wiwa
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by leeblinkz: 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
He died on 10/11/1995 during General Sani Abacha regime.the spirit lives on.proudly OGONI
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by confusion247(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Jubal Theophilus: Ken Saro Wiwa "GOODMORNIN".
U r a man of no vision if not u wld have seen what Ojukwu saw and hidded to his warnin and advice. A lesson 4 the pple of Niger delta & Jonathan.i repeat, "Divide this country". On Aburi we stand.
Yes .....marriage is not by force. Saro wiwa and his people was shouting one Nigeria on top of their voices little did they know that they will soon harvest the fruits of their labor. Today Gowon and his people are enjoying the good fruit of one Nigeria.
marriage is not by force, those who want divorce should be allowed to have it while those who want hypocritical One Nigeria should also go on with it. That's not too much to ask for.

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED THAT MAN DIED 4 NOTHING
SPLIT THIS COUNTRY IT WONT CHANGE ANYTHING
AS LONG AS HERE IS OIL AND THE PEOPLE R CORRUPT
THINGS WILL STILL CONTINUE AS THEY WERE
HIS SON WAS AN ADVISER TO OBJ AND I HEAR WAS GIVEN MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF OGONILAND HOW DID THAT HELP
TODAY A NDELTAN IS PRESIDENT HOW HAS IT HELPED
U PEOPLE SHOULD STOP BLAMING GOWON AND RID URSELVES 9F THE REAL ENEMIES
WITHIN UR RANKS
LIKE IT IS WRITTEN A HOUSE DIVIDED CANNOT STAND

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by AWONEYAN(m): 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
I just wonder...will this man make heaven? Dieing for course a course without eternal value and above all no salvation of your soul....
All I hear pple saying is dat posterity won't 4get him,what will that do to his soul. A lot of soul are rottening in hell yet we keep talking abt dem here...lesson leav 4 d right course

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by 1Wilywily: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
confusion247:
Yes .....marriage is not by force. Saro wiwa and his people was shouting one Nigeria on top of their voices little did they know that they will soon harvest the fruits of their labor
Who told you that all Ogonis were shouting one Nigeria on top of their voices,
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by confusion247(m): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Babzilla:
LIKE IT IS WRITTEN A HOUSE DIVIDED CANNOT STAND
You said it all ......hypocritical One Nigeria can never stand.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by confusion247(m): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
1Wilywily:
Who told you that all Ogonis were shouting one Nigeria on top of their voices,
History told me.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by 1Wilywily: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
confusion247:
History told me.
Then that history is not complete
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by gratieao: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
I will compare saro wiwa death with that of Abiola and Awolowo they were used and dump, they paid for their atrocities
#In Ojukwu voice, Good morning Saro wiwa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram / IPOB Is Finished – Asari Dokubo Mocks Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.