Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? (8810 Views)

Poll: Which is more difficult to find?

Good job: 24% (28 votes)
Good wife: 75% (85 votes)
This poll has ended

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / Which Is Harder To Find, A Dream Wife Or A Dream Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by micklplus(m): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2006
The topic is not meant for guys alone as the topic is directly connected to marriage and as such, i want us to consider using SPOUSE in place of WIFE and or HUSBAND.

Good Spouse and Good Job? Ofcourse, Good Spouse is not easy to get ! Even if we have to follow the principles of the bible. Good Spouse entails lots of things than what one can just sit and start visualising and outlining. Good spouse comes into play when the ships are down ! when your supposedly rich @ss get broke suddenly ! when you guys are not chasing( general term-TOASTING) one another again ! when you guys starts having kids. When talking about sexual compatility, behavioural compatibility, sharing your individual vision and your general aspiration about life !

Do you know that, Anybody can get a good job especially in a country like ours where CERTIFICATES is highly sort after? The implication is this, in so far as, the required qualification and skills is possessed, the assurance of getting good job is already in place ! (some people still get lucky even without adequate qualification, they still get good jobs) It is also good to note that, jobs could be changed the moment one is not getting the satisfaction desired.

What is a good Spouse ? and , what is a good job? Firstly, i would like to explain a little on good job ! Definition of good job would definately attract almost thesame meaning from different people,right?  Considering the fact that, most people concentrate on what they tend to get from such jobs just because, some certain things can be predicted and analysed and some target has to be achieved ! But, can anyone predict what is to come out of marriage?

Good spouse of course would attract different meaning even from the same people because, the requirement, context and gravity of marriage institution is what can truly define what a good spouse is and who is a good spouse in the long run ! It is possible to analyse a job and conclude whether the job is good or not but can anyone do analysis when it comes to ascertaining the "GOODNESS" of the spouse? even if that is possible in the looooooooooooooong run, can that be done in the short run?

Good job though takes care of the future but the primary roles is to take care of some immediate and pressing needs. Marriage is a long term project which really determines how GOOD the SPOUSE can be.

To do proper analysis as to whether a job is good or not, we need to consider some important points:

The pay
Working environment
Rest of mind
Satisfaction
Personal Development /Career
Retirement plans
Other benefits and allowances.

To do analysis on Good spouse, we need to consider:
1-Compatibility (understanding, sexual,behavioural and attitudinal,Culturals and belief,Aspirational,( to some people-Educational and financial), Mood, Spiritual,Domestic and some other vital points like Age,fashion,likes and dislikes compatibilty e.t.c

2-Emotional Connectivity -

3-LOVE- it was a deliberate attempt that i put love at number 3 because, it has been proven that, at times, LOVE is not enough !

4-Personal Values and Principles

5- Kids and Family matters

6- Others e.g looks, shape of the lip, size of the buttock, breasts size, Bad breath ET.C

In my conclusion- it is much easier to get a good job even without adequate qualification. It is of course, not easy to GET a GOOD SPOUSE.

Cheers
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by kajad(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2006
There are a lot of amazing good wife materials out there, the problem is that they realize it only when they are 30 or so cry
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by dominobaby(f): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2006
Hmm @micklplus, that ws quite lengthy n made nuf sense.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by oluwizard(m): 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2006
]Good wife is very hard to find  my NL member, am planing to get marry  but i dont have a partner yet because i fear ladies no be small. I will remain single till anytime jesus  give ME good wife AFTERALL am still young i will be 30yrs next week monday  [june 19th.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by kajad(m): 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2006
Happy birthday in advance!
How can you be planning without a woman yet?
Thought you first get a woman b/4 you start planning?
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2006
A good job would be harder to find! A good wife is not so hard to find but the truth is no one is really looking for a good wife, we are too busy chasing the "perfect" wife. I spent so many unfruitfull days searching so hard for the perfect wife that i had no idea until later i had allowed so many good wives to slip thru my fingers! undecided
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Nosu(m): 7:17pm On Jun 15, 2006
l am looking for the best because l deserve the best

@mickplus - good job. that's loaded.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by eslynera(f): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2006
Well, accordin to d topic, this depends cheesy
i mean in findin a job, the question goes, how much educated are u?
and in findin a good wife, it also depends cheesy
What type of a man are u?
You might find a good woman, but u'll make things hard by u know?? undecided men stuffs, (sleepin wit otha women, drinkin etc.) and probably u might not concider her a goo wife but, useless.
But from what i know is that, finding a good job will be harder. undecided
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by kamsy(f): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2006
smiley With God both good wives and good jobs are possible. just get connected to him cause he is the best connection. wink
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by bobotee(m): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2006
If there is a way of doing without having to marry, i think i need to find out. The situation in this country makes me to wonder how many marriages are successful nowadays.
To get a good jod u just need to be prayerful but a good wife u need everything and God would leave u to choose LIFE OR DEATH!
I dont know but it has become extremely difficult in naija to find a woman who truly love u. i dated few babes when i did not have a job and i know better. Now i try to avoid them.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by anizzle(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2006
there is no such tn as fiding a good job or wife, both are not easy and are only what u make of the ones u have with you now
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by ccobiora(f): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2006
diddy4m

tank u a good wife is hard to most of we ladies are empty vessels and flashy. lipsrsealed i didnt say i am .
But a good job? Work with God read hard and u get it.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by diddy4(m): 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2006
ccobiora:

diddy4m

tank u a good wife is hard to most of we ladies are empty vessels and flashy. lipsrsealed i didnt say i am .
But a good job? Work with God read hard and u get it.

it is just diddy girl or guy(dont know your gender). u welcome.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by eslynera(f): 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2006
diddy, are u new here
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by prinsuvz(m): 1:30am On Jun 19, 2006
Neither is hard, why not have both? It is God's wish to give you the Kingdom, I think that includes a great wifey and a great job. Whoever came up with the phrase you can't have your cake and eat it too should be shot.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Seun(m): 2:15am On Jun 19, 2006
The person that came up with the idea that having a good job and a good wife is synonymous with eating your cake and having it is the one who should be shot. Let's try to reason carefully more often.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by prinsuvz(m): 2:55am On Jun 19, 2006
I did reason carefully, I said the person should get shot, not stoned.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by lewa(m): 2:28am On Jul 09, 2006
I wonder if there should be any controversy, women like our mothers are no more.Breaking news
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by ladykool(f): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2006
well for me i will say good wife its hard to find but if u have good job is easy to get just put on a sexy cloth enter the office to see the manager flirt with him a little bit then you got the job that it but i think it depends on the man the kind of woman he wants so i think it hard to find a good wife but in the other hand its easy as the same way
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2007
this is absolutely a million dollar question. i think a good wife is hard to find
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Douzy(m): 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2007
I think so too.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by akinwunmi(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2007
@micklplus, u be marriage councellor, this is simple and plain, nothing good comes that easy, no roads of roses leads to glory, BOTH ARE HARD TO FIND AS LONG AS THEY ARE "GOOD".
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Raphaelito(m): 12:09am On Mar 16, 2007
good wife or good job, i beleive they both are easy to get, but it depends. you just have to be smart. both can even comes together at thesame time. example, as a smart guy looking forward for a good job, and maybe on the day of your interview you might be lucky just because you are smart. you can end up getting the jod and still dating thesame person that interview you, before you know it. you tie the knut. so both comes in handy
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Idagu(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2007
Though not always talked about. Predestination has been a very crucial issue over the years. What do you think of. Many believe it has great influence on man's life other don't and many do not even have a view about PREDESTINATION. What do you think.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Vitastraka(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2007
Dear Future Spouse

I never expected that our relationship will begin with a major quarrel such as this, but for a some time now, you have been showing me pepper!

Yes! I am am talking to you, and you know yourself!

Why are you treating me like this? What did I do to you?

Your behaviour alone has forced me to memorize the following proverb:

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a human being to find a spouse

I repeat: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a human being to find a spouse

This is the truth,

Because of you, I have been forced to sit in darkness, and eat of the stinging bread of loneliness.

I have tried every means to force you out of hiding

I have tried every means to compel you to show your face.

It has all been in vain

Dear future spouse, I am tired of hunting you down, you are too fast for me.

You are playing according to your own rules and not mine
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by 2dye4(m): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2007
i know i got a good job, & i ddnt do much getting it, but gettina good wife, hmmmn sad
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by Akinagirl(f): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2007
good question, maybe both?
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by kabirat(f): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2007
i commend the originator of this topic. it is really a good question to ask the general public.

To me, it is easy to find both. its just that human beings make things very difficult for themselves.

A guy may happen to ve dated so many good ladies but eventually jilt dem only to marry the most horrible creature. This same goes for a lady who might ve dated so many good guys but becos of their big eye, eventuall fall into the wrong ones.

So, my dear nairalanders, its very easy to get both but many of us happened to cause our misfortunes by not realising the right kind of spouse at the appropriate time.

May Almighty God help us! wink smiley
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by degubi(m): 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2007
good wife is hardest to find, the reason being the unpredictabilty of humans.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by tkb417(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2007
Good wife
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by knight007(m): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2007
i think it is more difficult to get a good wife.
Re: Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? by luvus: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2008
@POSTER and all

bibi ask
Please Define Good Job and Good Wife, yes from there we will know whether its hard to find either of the two. and by the way is it only wifes that are good and not husbands to?

please define it and based on such definition wikk give a better picture of your post.

let me see if i can define
good wife: kind wink?, sexy tongue humble grin?
good job: pays well shocked, have enof holiday grin, close on time cool?

well i don't know if that is your definition but you could help expantiate,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Please Is This Still Modelling?? (photo) / What Are The 'green Light' Ladies Use That Men Can't Ordinarily Decode?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.