Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! (854 Views)

Let's Talk About Love. / Things You Must Know About Destiny Killers / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Dsage1: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2013
I'm a christian, and will only reverse to what bible say about God creatures.

Gen 1:31, And God saw everything which he had made and it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

From the above bible verse, it clearly shows that everything that God created was perfect. The verse also shows that we were created for the same purpose.

So my question is; is destiny a thing of God or a mere word invented by men to give hope? Is there any correlation between destiny and what we are(rich/poor, healthy/unhealthy,brilliant/dull, etc).

Note: I belief in natural ability(talent).
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by tpia5: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
Very good (which is what the verse says) is different from perfect.

Just wanted to mention that.
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
the 'saw' in gen. 1 verse 31, above, makes God seem to have stumbled upon/discovered that what He created 'was very good'. the 'discovery' message of the verse cheapens God The Creator. it gives the impression that He had no foreknowledge of the outcome of the the creating process; what was to come out of the effort; the creatures and their specific individual 'nature and qualities'. one is forced by the verse to wonder what was the intention [purpose] before the 'saw'.

further, you alluded that there was a purpose for 'human creation'. except you didn't tell you. can you share this tidbit?

now to your question about destiny. Quran emphasizes most on ending in Paradise or Hell as the 'essential destiny'. God says He is the Creator and Only He deserves our worship, in the way He instructs. God emphasizes this by saying He creates jinn and man only for the purpose of worshiping Him. Though all were [Angels, Animals, etc, etc] to 'natural inclination' worship in obedience to God. No creation is given free will to choose except jinn and man. for this reason, there is destiny for jinn and man, individually by obedience or disobedience to end up in mercy [paradise] or justice [hell] respectively.

destiny is therefore real from God. but it is the act of the individual under the free will that plasters the road to this destiny of abode where there is no more death; happiness in paradise and unhappiness in hell under the yoke of 'never to get used to' pain, torture, misery, etc

a very wealthy man who enters paradise will say he was in prison on earth. a very poor man who enter hell will say he was in paradise on earth.

the heart has a lot to do with our choice of the final destiny. join me in islam. salaamualaykum.
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Dsage1: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
@RoyPcain, like I said in my previous post,I would only use Bible verses as a reference. Now talking about purpose of creation according to the bible;

Gen 1-26, Let us make man in our image,like us:and let him have rule over the fish of sea................. Reading from verse 26-28 shows he created male and female for the same purpose.

Also Ephesian 3:9-10, Isaiah 43:7, Peter 5:6-7.

In his words, he always says cretures(not individual destiny) because everything he created was perfect. Romans :23-24.

Besides, your plausible explaination from Quran is purely immaterials and therefore different from human view of destiny.

I ask again, do God created people to be what they are or the position they find themselves?
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Dsage1: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
tpia@:
Very good (which is what the verse says) is different from perfect.

Just wanted to mention that.

We all know perfection is of God and his works.

Your view on the topic?
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
^ tpia@ said good. you said perfect. Jesus said why call me good. Perfect God has created jinn, man, etc not perfect because Only He is Perfect. according to the master who refused to be called 'good', God is the Only One Who is Good.

@D sage; you need to rethink your understanding of Good, definitely about 'Perfect'.

i will agree with Jesus about Who is Good and Perfect; God The Master of Jesus.

Besides, your plausible explaination from Quran is purely immaterials and therefore different from human view of destiny.

I ask again, do God created people to be what they are or the position they find themselves?

to say my explanation from Quran is immaterial is actually against the spirit of your 'thread'. after all you invite the Islamic viewpoint. and the Islamic authority is foremost the Book of God; Quran.

i guess you need to change the topic if you the thread is "Bible" only viewpoint.

I have already stated the general "destiny" of mankind: Created to Worship God.

then i give specific decision that can lead a person to Paradise or Hell; The desire of the Heart which uses the tool [Free Will] to effectuate obedience or disobedience.
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Dsage1: 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
I agreed with 'tpia@', and that was why I said 'we all know only God and his works are perfect. For instance, when something bad happen to people(believers), they will still say it's will of God or he did it for a purpose.

Dear RoyPcain, the fact that I called your explaination immaterials doesn't mean I disregards/discredit the Holy Quran, infact I can say the same to any immaterials view from the Bible too. You directed your explaination solely toward heaven and hell, that was why I called it immaterial.

Perhaps I should put it this way;do destiny varies? Has it been written that whatever we wiil be, we will be irrespective of whether we work hard or pray hard to earn it?
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
^God is Perfect. humans [creation] are not. There is no way perfect will err. you seem to be using perfection [perfect] very loosely.

and since you seem to focus on worldly matters and wish this to be the object of destiny, i will say it is very simplistic. a temporal situation is inferior to permanent/everlasting which is why i looked at the bigger picture.

and the bible says what benefit does it have to gain the world and lose [at the end] his soul.

What is written is what you have done. what you will do is not written because free will will therefore be irrelevant.
Re: Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! by Dsage1: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
RoyPCain: ^God is Perfect. humans [creation] are not. There is no way perfect will err. you seem to be using perfection [perfect] very loosely.

and since you seem to focus on worldly matters and wish this to be the object of destiny, i will say it is very simplistic. a temporal situation is inferior to permanent/everlasting which is why i looked at the bigger picture.

and the bible says what benefit does it have to gain the world and lose [at the end] his soul.

What is written is what you have done. what you will do is not written because free will will therefore be irrelevant.

Now I got your points and I'd deducted a vital point I wanted to know, but seriously your last two sentences were quite tricky.

From that statements of yours, you will see that what you will do by free will(unwritten) becomes what you've done(written). This shows there's no DESTINY, you responsible for whatever you become.

So, the only part I agreed with you is (we are destiny either to go heaven or hell).

(1) (Reply)

Dawkins, Bin Laden, And The Little Honey Pot / Only Virgins To Make Heaven? / The Lord Is Not Slow To Do What He Has Promised, As Some Think.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.