Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,006 members, 7,832,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39217 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by TOXTOX: 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
....educate us more in this forum. What are the errors you think they usually make? I will personally want to know. Thanx.
italo: I receive them well, even though I'm Catholic and they always demonize my faith.

I receive them with love because they are Children of God and I appreciate the zeal they put into preaching what they believe is God's truth...even though they are in error.

I believe I can do this because I know enough about my faith and their to be able to spot their errors.

Many Christians dont know enough to refute them so they feel the best thing is to avoid them.

Its okay to avoid anyone you choose to, but you can do it lovingly and politely.

We are all Children of God.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by TayoT: 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
The fact that they outcast others as unbelievers.

One thing we refuse to understand is that Religion(all) was created by a group of humans like us who have decided that this is right or wrong. Some set of people said ok, in order to grow our church, never marry an outsider, get a few verses to support it and off they go preaching.

I like their publications though, so I just collect that and don't bother listening to them.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
loveroftruth:

nope!======>
loveroflies:
Corrected!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
War Horse:

It is very clear that you have never spent time with JW. Please answer the following questions

1. If Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in Jesus Christ, why do they preach Jesus as the King of God's Kingdom?

2. Why are they following Jesus command to preach from house to house and city to city?

3. Why do they preach God's Kingdom and paradise which Jesus preached?

4. Why do they preach resurrection? who will resurrect the dead? is it not Jesus?

5. Why do they celebrate the Memorial of Jesus death?

http://www.jw.org/en/

I beg, take am easy o. I dey greet you.
Do u acknowledge Jesus Christ as God? john 1:10-12. if u dnt den u ar nt Christian simple.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by FKO1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
maxdozie: Dia bibles are different from our own.. They said dia is no hell... Chai!!!... Etc 2much confusion... Would be sincere i lock my door when they knock...
WILL YOU STILL LOCK IF I COME KNOCKING EHN MAX
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
sanniemoe: I am a muslim & I think the JW are cool. I have every edition of Awake for the past 9 years,I find it highly interesting and educating
but do u believe all dey wrote in their publication? den convert and join them. if u cnt convert den u dont believe dem

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by kubi240: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
nobody hates them every christain shud preach d word of God
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Revolva: i remember one guy had to use a gun to chase a witness out of his house in america...lol

i prefer their teaching to all this business making pentecostals..n follow follow catholics...witness has a clear philosophy...no heaven no hell which is true...we will inherit this earth as our own heaven...n the bad muthwrfucker will be casted away not burn in eternity.i like their preaching
Yap....More like the American Dream and Alien invasion movies! "Earth is ours..We have to stay here and defend it..We gotta fight them back!! lol!
Too much tv!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Desdola(m): 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
The point here is let everyone stick to his belief. God is the ultimate judge and would reward each man accordingly n not by d name of d church he attends.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pee2k3: Do u acknowledge Jesus Christ as God? john 1:10-12. if u dnt den u ar nt Christian simple.

Hello friend, I found this in the same chapter John 1:18

"18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

My understanding is that there is God - The Almighty and his only begotten Son who is Jesus Christ. Jesus can be called a god. But he is not and never God Almighty. That title is for his father - Jehovah. This is why Jehovah God, up till now, has never been seen by any man. We only know him from what his son Jesus has told and shown us of him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Mystery11(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Iceman296: I Receive Them Politely But Sincerely Not Interested in their Preaching. Sometimes it can Be Confusing and Contradicting to what you already Know as a Christian. Meaning Their Ideologies are Quite Different!

So what i Normally do is Outrightly Demand their "Awake" and "Watchtower" Because they are Quite Enlightening and informative!

Off I go

Had to check this post twice to confirm I was not the one that wrote it because this is exactly wat I wanted to write.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Stanlyag(m): 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
I haven't seen anoda organization that is loathed like the witnesses and Jesus said as his followers we would be despised and persecuted. I think that's the reason people shut their do in their faces.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by blkmum700: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
I don't like their preaching because founder is a member of 13 bloodline family,russell is a member of illuminati.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lightening: 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
Booty butt chic: Like why do people treat the jehovah witnesses like a plaque whenever they come to people houses.like dis sunday and also last sunday too,I wuz at a freinds place(christians oo) and the jehovah witnesses came,before dey could even open deir mouth 2 say who dey were after greeting while stAndin at the entrance door,my freinds elder one just came and banged the door at their faces like Dafuq....is dis forreal...I wuz like wat wuz d reason, dey were like don't mind dem johr.... So Nlanders do u do it too,and if u do,wat makes avoid dem weneva dey come 2 your house

Happy sunday.

No longer listen to them. Most of the issues they argue so vigorously about cannot take anyone heaven. It is only their church dogma which includes denial of divinity of Jesus which to me is the foundation of the christian faith. What will then be the grounds for discussion?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:
Yap....More like the American Dream and Alien invasion movies! "Earth is ours..We have to stay here and defend it..We gotta fight them back!! lol!
Too much tv!

Lol. "Earth is ours" - so true, and Biblical too.

Psalm 115:16 - "The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but he gave the earth to human beings". (International Standard Version).
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by 49cents(m): 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Bottomline is are u happy without excluding all aspects of your life....every human person has the responsility of verifying the credo and sociio-cultural systems they are born into using the criteria of the deepests needs of his heart as a tool for carrying the verification of their faith no matter beaustiful it is.....

When this consciuos effort is not made you are merely a lazy adherent because of its political correct to do so and not because it is something rooted in experience

Do not swallow Hook, lina and sinker....open your mind and verify
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
lipsrsealed grin grin ;DThey preach what they believe in and refuse criticism(s) as the case may be. On a hot Sunday some months back, was at a neighbour's. She needed a nap, I went to the kitchen. I heard her scolding someone, I thought she was scolding her kid. Lo and behold 2 of 'em witnesses met the door open and made straight to .Ωђεяε she laid on her couch and gave her a tap which jolted her from dozing off......to think she is on night duty? I can't say it's intrusive but they make it so by their zealousness.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Sike(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
Maybe na because their wahala too much.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Beync(f): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
If they did it to our master, how much more do you think they will do to us servants? It is expected and we are not deterred by rejection or opposition. And yes, there are right hearted ones who always receives us becos they want to know the truth.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by danzite(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
last tym Jw came to my house, they told me that "God" is a tittle nd not a Person. any Christian organization that doesn't bliv in Trinity, Rapture, Repentance, Salvation..... ain't Christians. jws are worse than idol worshipers, they are the best tool being used by satan today. I avoid them cos they disgust me with their heresy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ceejayluv(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Personally, even if a Buddhist knocks on my door, I'll listen to him if I have the time. Most will probably leave via the other ear but I believe there's something to learn in any religion/creed/philosophical movement.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
War Horse:

Hello friend, I found this in the same chapter John 1:18

"18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

My understanding is that there is God - The Almighty and his only begotten Son who is Jesus Christ. Jesus can be called a god. But he is not and never God Almighty. That title is for his father - Jehovah. This is why Jehovah God, up till now, has never been seen by any man. We only know him from what his son Jesus has told and shown us of him.

I have just a Simple Question for You!
How did God beget Jesus Christ{not on Earth o....Before time began} ?
If you can Quote any scripture about it,its welcome!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by sgsltd(m): 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
I prefer ifa ,sango ,esu than jehova wittness because they are the only one who does not believe in God , if you ask babalawo to call jesus to collect N1,000,000 they will and pray , poin gun at JW never
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by headTO: 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
Desdola: The point here is let everyone stick to his belief. God is the ultimate judge and would reward each man accordingly n not by d name of d church he attends.

Why I so much appreciate your comment, still we have to make one thing clear before bastardizing the witnesses. Remember Jesus christ spoke about how to identify true religion. He mentioned things about love and using God's personal name in worship. Today this is missing in many religions of this world. This is what the witnesses base their teachings on and hold it so dear. We are no cults all are teaching are open and attentions are directed to the bible. So instead of criticizing them avail yourselves the opportunity to attend one of their meetings and listen to their bible based teachings. ALL is free and no collections ever made. U can also learn more about them on www.jw.org
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by charloski(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Here's the big kicker for me. Normally I wouldn't think twice about any
of this shit, and just think it was a bunch of crap. But I was doing
some harmless research on Jehovahs' Witnesses just to reminice about the
old days when I stumbled upon the fact that the founder of JWs, Charles
T. Russell, was an ex-freemason. The Russells are also one of the 13
familys listed as members of the illuminati. All the early watchtowers
and JW books have freemason symbology on the cover. Now, no big deal at
first, right? Wrong. When you combine the goal of freemasonry, or the
illuminati, with the doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses, you have a
perfect marriage of the two. Basically, the whole goal of JWs is to see
an end to organized religion and goverments. Exactly what the Illuminati
want! So, why not get a group of people brainwashed ahead of time to be
prepared for it. Joseph Smith, the mormon leader, was also a freemason.
Mormons and JWs only differ on certain doctrines, but not the philosophy
in general.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Luxiana19(f): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2013

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by koyla: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
lol, on nairaland too?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by DrugDoc: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Reasonable concerned Africans reject Jehovah Witnesses (JWs) because:

1. JWs are control freaks. They[b] use the bible to separate you from your family and the society at large. Before you know it, all your friends and interactions are with JWs only[/b]. JWs teach that the devil is controlling the UN, countries, flags, birthdays celebrations, which makes you uncomfortable anywhere outside a JW environment. Then you can never leave them because they are all that you know after a few years.

2. Their teachings are flawed and baseless. Take for instance that being separate from "the world", which makes Jehovah Witnesses the only true religion. But JW's are an organization started by European-Americans. America itself is land stolen from the natives (native Americans) who have been mostly killed off and confined to refugee camps to this day. Yet JWs live in this stolen land of America and have their Headquarters in NY. They enjoy the proceeds of slavery and imperial wars of America through the schools and hospitals and infrastructure of America. Yet they claim to be "separate from the world". They even pay taxes to the devil (Beast) controlled governments that belong to the UN. They are really insane then. They make use of technology that were invented by devil organizations like the USA Army. One such invention is called the internet.

3. They change their teachings, or false prophesies. They claimed Jesus will return in 1914, then 1974 and then changed it to by the time everyone alive in 1914 would have died. How are you sure they won't change present teachings after you have sacrificed your live living by them?

4. As an African, you need to go and educate yourself on your culture and traditions and the future of your race. These white organizations are coming from super rich countries that are busy bettering their conditions here on earth while these strange religions distract you with their rubbish.

5. Some of their members secretly accept blood transfusion and conduct abortions. I am in healthcare and I know this for a FACT. I don't blame them at all, JW teachings are insane on these topics.

5. JW are probably the least educated religion in the world. But their founders were very educated men. They discourage education and will encourage you to walk the streets of Africa spreading a Judeo-christian religion. It is one of the most tragic consequences of our defeat by the Europeans for them to send their non-sense missionaries to create confusion and sheep-like Africans.

6. Any sincere humble soul, searching for answers is ice cream to the JWs. They enjoy manipulating and controlling people, less educated and studied people at that. There are better ways an African can live his/her life than being a Jehovah's witness. Arrrghhhh!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
TroGunn:

Lol. "Earth is ours" - so true, and Biblical too.

Psalm 115:16 - "The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but he gave the earth to human beings". (International Standard Version).
Yap!!
But then,{my thoughts},what will be the happiness in hoping to make heaven and then at last,you still inherit a revolutionized and newly created Earth? I mean,no matter how Earth is transformed,it cant start answering Heaven right? After the whole thing,you wont even get a glimpse of heaven? You wont even have the chance to walk in its terrain singing "alelluia",reasoning high with Dope in your hands? So,how is it gonna be,Heaven is gonna turn to a blissful picnic for the Earth survivors?{those that made it in Christ}
....Dont mind me o! Just kidding lol!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Stanlyag(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
sgsltd: I prefer ifa ,sango ,esu than jehova wittness because they are the only one who does not believe in God , if you ask babalawo to call jesus to collect N1,000,000 they will and pray , poin gun at JW never
[color=#000099][/color]
my friend read Isaiah 43:10-12.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lightening:

No longer listen to them. Most of the issues they argue so vigorously about cannot take anyone heaven. It is only their church dogma which includes denial of divinity of Jesus which to me is the foundation of the christian faith. What will then be the grounds for discussion?

You can discuss "divinity of Jesus", of course.

True, Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, according to the Bible anyway. Jesus himself said the Father (God Almighty) is above him and sent him and even directs him on what to say.

John 12:49 "I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it".

Understanding that and following Jesus' wonderful example, which is basically focussing on doing his Father's will is important.

Matt 7:21 - “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by chairman: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Iceman296: I Receive Them Politely But Sincerely Not Interested in their Preaching. Sometimes it can Be Confusing and Contradicting to what you already Know as a Christian. Meaning Their Ideologies are Quite Different!

So what i Normally do is Outrightly Demand their "Awake" and "Watchtower" Because they are Quite Enlightening and informative!

Off I go

Off I go

Off I go
in that case you will accept the whole truth one day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) / About The High-rate Of Sexual Immoralities In The Church / Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.