Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? (2950 Views)

Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps / Cleric Cuts Wife Into Pieces For Refusing To Wear Veil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by blayzeen(m): 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
I'm a newbie to Nairaland but i got this bugging questions...Men - Will u be willing to be in the same room with your wife when she's giving birth to ur child? I for one will love to cos i'd like to share in the experience and feel the pains too..

2. I heard from a Nurse friend that most Nigerian hospitals dissallow husbands from following their spouses to the delivery room..please how true is that and why?

I really wanna be in that labour room when my wife is delivering..thanks.

Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by pickabeau1: 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
some hospitals allow
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Caracta(f): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Many private hospitals in Nigeria allow that especially if you want to.

My brother made a video of my nephew's birth (as requested by his wife). He was there!
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
He doesn't have a choice.
He has to be in there! cool
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by greatgod2012(f): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
I requested that my hubby stay with me in the labour room when i wanted to deliver my last born and he nearly ran mad.

I'm not in mood to type long post but i've shared it here once in a similar thread.
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by greatgod2012(f): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
alutacontinua: He doesn't have a choice.

ok, that's fine.
But dont be annoyed when he start handling you like an egg, although, so many women will like that, but few women will be irritated by it.
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
greatgod2012:

ok, that's fine.
But dont be annoyed when he start handling you like an egg, although, so many women will like that, but few women will be irritated by it.

Huh?
Handling lyk egg keh....
I just want him to see what he caused...dt's all.
Plus it's always sweet when d men are there to hold their hands and rub their heads. One babe one day was even begging for kiss on top she dey shout on the matron. The kain laff wey dey labour room ehn...
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by aadetoyin(f): 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
He MUST be there!!! Afterall we did IT together grin

2 Likes

Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Alikaxon(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
I don't think I'll be there, what's special about it? To see what I 've already seen b4? There is alot of pressure that day, u'll be busy praying and not stand to be looking at nothing, u'll b more tensed by the sight.
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by troy20(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
yea
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Alikaxon(m): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
troy20: yea
in conccordance wit who?
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by troy20(m): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
with her and the hospital of course.why? Anything bad about it
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by troy20(m): 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
Alikaxon: in conccordance wit who?
her and the hospital of course.or anything bad about it?
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Alikaxon(m): 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
troy20:
her and the hospital of course.or anything bad about it?
no sha. Ur choice
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by ChiXtian: 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
hmmm . . . . I am still thinking what to say about this topic because i am not yet married. Though i have watched the video clip of "CS" of birth. It is not easy o o o o o o. hmmm . . . . I am still thinking what to say about this topic because i am not yet married. Though i have watched the video clip of "CS" of birth. It is not easy o o o o o o.
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by greatgod2012(f): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
greatgod2012: **sighs**
guys, do u have d gut?i bet it , u would become something else after d experience. In my previous labours,my hubby would drive me and my mom or my MIL as d case may be, stayed 4 a while,only to come back after d baby is born and therafter feel happy and carry d baby joyfully, its not dt he doesnt appreciate me but i wasnt satisfied with d fact dt he has not been there personally to witness it, so i begged him to stay with me in my last labour experience, which he accepted, so on dis d-day, he took me to d hospital and asked d doctor to allow him in d labour room which d doctor accepted but asked him if he has d mind and he responded affirmatively, hhhmmm, u men no get liver o, come and see dis man, even me dt was labouring was pitying him, see d way he was shouting and screaming on d doctor and d widwives, infact, he was just saying rubbish things, even till now i still make jest of him abt dt day, he was just too emotional, words like, "doctor, e rora now"," is she still alive", "eje(blood) yii ti poju o,","pain yii ti po ju fun iyawo mi o" among others are d words he was uttering, and when d baby finally came out,i expected him to be happy, but he was just shouting "my wife, my wife". After d whole exercise, he said "honey, pls, pardon me, i never knew this is what u experience each time u go into labour, i think we've had enough number of children.
My suggestion:
men who dont appreciate or who brutalise their wives should be allowed to witness d experience, maybe, dt will make dm, to a greater extent appreciate dir wives.
My conclusion: men who beat up their wives are not appreciative and are ANIMALS.

yeah! I got it! This is the related post i talked about earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
alutacontinua: He doesn't have a choice.
Ur head dey dia.

He must witness d result of " ye, hah, ouch".
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
greatgod2012:

yeah! I got it! This is the related post i talked about earlier.

Lol, . Your story cracked me up! "My wife, my wife!" Too sweet. grin
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by spicyv1(f): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
cheesy cheesy @ GG12 long time sis. Funny story. Your husband is funny as "heaven" grin
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by crackhaus: 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
blayzeen: I'm a newbie to Nairaland but i got this bugging questions...Men - Will u be willing to be in the same room with your wife when she's giving birth to ur child? I for one will love to cos i'd like to share in the experience and feel the pains too..

2. I heard from a Nurse friend that most Nigerian hospitals dissallow husbands from following their spouses to the delivery room..please how true is that and why?

I really wanna be in that labour room when my wife is delivering..thanks.
Funny enough, back in the days as a curious young kid, I used to go with my mother on her shifts to work. Anytime they go into the delivery room, I sneak to the door and climb on something high enough(like a stretcher) to enable me spy through that square glass window on the door.

Bruv, I no go lie you, I'm not sure I even want to be on the other side of that door if it's my wife in there, because it's not a pretty sight.
In fact it can get quite scary listening to the screams and cries of the woman, plus there's the blood, fluids, piss and even sometimes the sh1t that all flows out from the woman because of pushing.

It can be really gross, but it's always good in the end when a beautiful baby slides out of that stretched out va.gi.na.

Do you still want to follow your wife in now? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
yes ooo!!!! My father entered the labour room when dem wan born me....so i must to enter too cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by EzePromoe: 12:08am On Nov 11, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ur head dey dia.

grin
For me, I'll be there to make sure that no male doctor chooks his dirty fingers in my madam's thing grin
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by Ishilove: 6:39am On Nov 11, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ur head dey dia.

Lol cheesy
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by slimyem: 9:31am On Nov 11, 2013
My friend's husband ran out of the labour room as soon as she started shytting... cool and never came back until he heard baby's cry.
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by breathless(m): 11:43am On Nov 11, 2013
Was with her all thru antenatal to delivery. Have video clips of all 3 births. The last was via CS so was not allowed into the theatre but recorded it immediately he was brot out. Have them in my archives to show them once they reach the age of reasoning.
Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by chayooh(f): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
My hubby was there against d advice of my dad. He sang for me and had this brave look always. He prepared for the moment and through the five hours, he kept singing, rubbing my back and saying I'll be fine. He didn't want to see the crowning though and he took the time check for when our daughter was born. Men, please support ur wives. Some men might change their minds about the number of children they want to have. Till today my husband says women are the hardest workers on earth!

2 Likes

Re: Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room? by blayzeen(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Am sorry,did i Just see "shit"? do they shit too during labour?

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Man Divorces Wife With Immediate Effect After Meeting Her...... / If Your Husband Mistakenly Impregnate Another Woman / Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.