Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Polygamous Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamous Family (2316 Views)

Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / What Is Wrong To Marry From A Polygamous Family?? / Polygamous Family; is it very sweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamous Family by oluwasheyi96: 12:08am On Nov 11, 2013
Hi
Does love really exist between children of A polygamous family? My family is a polygamous one and i must say the children behave like cats and dogs even though we pretend we love each other Once in awhile. Can there be unity among us if (God forbid) my Dad dies now?
Re: Polygamous Family by Kanwulia: 12:50am On Nov 11, 2013
Yes! It is possible to live with RESPECT, if not with love and harmony in a POLYGAMOUS HOME.
If the MULTIPLE-PARENT FAMILY STYLE PARTICIPANTS were CAPABLE OF LOVE BEFORE THEY HAD CHILDREN! kiss
Polygamy or monogamy can MAR a loving spirit if it is A BITTER EXPERIENCE! kiss
The children can ONLY get love if the parents ARE CAPABLE OF BEING LOVED AND LOVING IN RETURN! undecided

If the children in your 'set-up' fight like cat and dogs, they learned from the parents! kiss
YOUR SIBLINGS/STEP-SIBLINGS never had the right foundation of learning to live in love, peace and harmony!!!
THE LOVE PART IS SHEER PRETENSE! kiss
That would not change even if YOUR LORD JESUS SHOWED UP AGAIN TO DIE FOR JUST YOUR FAMILY!!!! kiss
It does not look like they are ready to live in peace as children. Children fight with each other in so-called monogamous families too!
The kind of fight makes a difference ONLY IF THEY LEARNED FROM THE PARENTS! kiss
That would not change after your father dies! It only gets worse like the OJUKWU ROYAL FAMILY!!!! grin

Example: kiss
On my father's side. . . . . My grand-father from EDO STATE NIGERIA cool cool cool had 30 kids++++ MAINLY BOYS!!!! cool
All the wives lived in ONE COMPOUND! THE ONLY PART OF NIGERIA HE DID NOT MARRY OR HAVE CHILDREN FROM IS EASTERN NIGERIA!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! cool Some concubines ALSO HAD CHILDREN, but I COULD NEVER TELL THE DIFFERENCE GROWING UP!
I always looked forward to SPENDING the Christmas holidays in the village with ALL MY COUSINS and young UNCLES AND AUNTS!!! IT WAS FUN!!! Anytime we have reunions IT IS FUN, inside or outside NIGERIA!!!! cool

I NEVER KNEW WHAT WOMAN HAD WHAT CHILD. . . . Till I was waaaaaay in my teens! It was NEVER EVEN DISCUSSED!!! kiss

On the other hand, my mother is from a STAUNCH, CATHOLIC MONOGAMOUS home WITH 9 SIBLINGS(5 girls and 4 boys) BORN TO A ONE-MAN ONE-WIFE, CATHOLIC-IGBOTIC, VILLAGE-PSEUDO-BIAFRAN-MINDED COUPLE from DELTA STATE, NIGERIA!!!! TUFIAAAAAAAKWA!!!!!! cry THEY FOUGHT ALL THE TIME, EVEN TILL TODAY!!! THEY PASSED THE SAME TRAITS TO THEIR CHILDREN TOO!!! Anytime they get together, THEY GOSSIP ABOUT EACH OTHER, QUARREL AND FIGHT OVER NOTHING. . . . WITH SERIOUS COMPETITION OVER NOTHING TOO!!!!!!! angry In or out of NIGERIA. . . . . I AVOID THEIR AZZZZZEZ LIKE DEATH!!!! kiss THEY ARE SOOOOOOO IRRITATING!!!! angry

Bottom line? kiss

PSYCHOTIC adults. . . . . . IN MONOGAMY, POLYGAMY OR WHATEVER. . . . ARE NEVER CAPABLE OF LOVING EVEN THEMSELVES!
So how can they love others or receive love? undecided NEVER! Unless they ACCEPT AND CHANGE THEIR SELF-DESTRUCT WAYS AND MINDSETS! kiss

The best they can do is SHYTE out children who MUST EMBARK ON A LIFE-LONG JOURNEY OF SELF-THERAPY. . . . In the quest of self-love OR REPEAT THE CYCLE OF EMOTIONAL AND SOCIAL ISOLATION, THEN PASS THE CURSE DOWN FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION!!! Many pastors and churches are waiting to make money off their azzzzes! kiss

*so off tonight. . . off o the gym. . . to walk for ONE HOUR* cool

8 Likes

Re: Polygamous Family by texanomaly(f): 3:06am On Nov 11, 2013
@ kanwulia
Wow, that was long, but worth the read...right on target.

Nice!
Re: Polygamous Family by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 11, 2013
Love in polygamy sha. I'm also from a polygamous home and trying to show love almost cost me my life, I wish I had listened to my mum then wen she warned me to be wary of the step wife and her kids. All na story now sha.
Re: Polygamous Family by Sissie(f): 10:24am On Nov 11, 2013
Yes kids in polygamy can love each other, it depends on their parents.

I have a friend, her siblings don't know who their biological mother is among the two wives, until they become teenagers and ask even at that the parents don't answer, they try to figure it out themselves.
Re: Polygamous Family by tpia5: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
Wont a child be confused if they cant tell which one is their own mother among a number of women?

Just wondering.
Re: Polygamous Family by mystiqueDZ(f): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Kanwulia: Yes! It is possible to live with RESPECT, if not with love and harmony in a POLYGAMOUS HOME.
If the MULTIPLE-PARENT FAMILY STYLE PARTICIPANTS were CAPABLE OF LOVE BEFORE THEY HAD CHILDREN! kiss
Polygamy or monogamy can MAR a loving spirit if it is A BITTER EXPERIENCE! kiss
The children can ONLY get love if the parents ARE CAPABLE OF BEING LOVED AND LOVING IN RETURN! undecided

If the children in your 'set-up' fight like cat and dogs, they learned from the parents! kiss
YOUR SIBLINGS/STEP-SIBLINGS never had the right foundation of learning to live in love, peace and harmony!!!
THE LOVE PART IS SHEER PRETENSE! kiss
That would not change even if YOUR LORD JESUS SHOWED UP AGAIN TO DIE FOR JUST YOUR FAMILY!!!! kiss
It does not look like they are ready to live in peace as children. Children fight with each other in so-called monogamous families too!
The kind of fight makes a difference ONLY IF THEY LEARNED FROM THE PARENTS! kiss
That would not change after your father dies! It only gets worse like the OJUKWU ROYAL FAMILY!!!! grin

Example: kiss
On my father's side. . . . . My grand-father from EDO STATE NIGERIA cool cool cool had 30 kids++++ MAINLY BOYS!!!! cool
All the wives lived in ONE COMPOUND! THE ONLY PART OF NIGERIA HE DID NOT MARRY OR HAVE CHILDREN FROM IS EASTERN NIGERIA!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! cool Some concubines ALSO HAD CHILDREN, but I COULD NEVER TELL THE DIFFERENCE GROWING UP!
I always looked forward to SPENDING the Christmas holidays in the village with ALL MY COUSINS and young UNCLES AND AUNTS!!! IT WAS FUN!!! Anytime we have reunions IT IS FUN, inside or outside NIGERIA!!!! cool

I NEVER KNEW WHAT WOMAN HAD WHAT CHILD. . . . Till I was waaaaaay in my teens! It was NEVER EVEN DISCUSSED!!! kiss

On the other hand, my mother is from a STAUNCH, CATHOLIC MONOGAMOUS home WITH 9 SIBLINGS(5 girls and 4 boys) BORN TO A ONE-MAN ONE-WIFE, CATHOLIC-IGBOTIC, VILLAGE-PSEUDO-BIAFRAN-MINDED COUPLE from DELTA STATE, NIGERIA!!!! TUFIAAAAAAAKWA!!!!!! cry THEY FOUGHT ALL THE TIME, EVEN TILL TODAY!!! THEY PASSED THE SAME TRAITS TO THEIR CHILDREN TOO!!! Anytime they get together, THEY GOSSIP ABOUT EACH OTHER, QUARREL AND FIGHT OVER NOTHING. . . . WITH SERIOUS COMPETITION OVER NOTHING TOO!!!!!!! angry In or out of NIGERIA. . . . . I AVOID THEIR AZZZZZEZ LIKE DEATH!!!! kiss THEY ARE SOOOOOOO IRRITATING!!!! angry

Bottom line? kiss

PSYCHOTIC adults. . . . . . IN MONOGAMY, POLYGAMY OR WHATEVER. . . . ARE NEVER CAPABLE OF LOVING EVEN THEMSELVES!
So how can they love others or receive love? undecided NEVER! Unless they ACCEPT AND CHANGE THEIR SELF-DESTRUCT WAYS AND MINDSETS! kiss

The best they can do is SHYTE out children who MUST EMBARK ON A LIFE-LONG JOURNEY OF SELF-THERAPY. . . . In the quest of self-love OR REPEAT THE CYCLE OF EMOTIONAL AND SOCIAL ISOLATION, THEN PASS THE CURSE DOWN FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION!!! Many pastors and churches are waiting to make money off their azzzzes! kiss

*so off tonight. . . off o the gym. . . to walk for ONE HOUR* cool
without looking @ur moniker I always know when u comment...

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Family by ifyalways(f): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
oluwasheyi96: Hi
Does love really exist between children of A polygamous family? My family is a polygamous one and i must say the children behave like cats and dogs even though we pretend we love each other Once in awhile. Can there be unity among us if (God forbid) my Dad dies now?
Sometimes,Yes. I dont know how they do it.
I have a family friend that is a 2nd wife to some rich but really nice man. There are three of them (wives) with a number of children. You will never know the kids are from different mothers. In my wonderment,i like to assume the man sort of made the wives take an oath or something. The love,co-operation in that family is quite envious.
Re: Polygamous Family by tbaba1234: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
My father grew up in a polygynous home. You can never tell. Infact, his mum breastfed the child of one of the other wives.

If the adults have the right attitude, the home can be quite happy. Many mummies and play mates.
Re: Polygamous Family by domack99(m): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2013
In a Polygamous home the Father and the Male children have a big role in the unification of the family. For those of you who originate from a stable polygamous home you might want to take a deep insight on what form the core of the family stability.

Based on what Kanwulia said, any form of family can be troublesome either mono or poly family system. I know everyone has a problem troubling his/her mind and i believe this FAmily section in nairaland has made obvious that problem can emanate from any form of family, we only need to pray we don't fall into one.
Re: Polygamous Family by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074

(1) (Reply)

What's A Laundromat / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Start Sex? / Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.