Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

2007: You Can’t Betray The North, Acf Scribe Warns Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2007: You Can’t Betray The North, Acf Scribe Warns Obasanjo (1284 Views)

FLASHBACK 2007: You Stabbed Me In The Back, Buhari Accuses ANPP Leaders / Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments / Dateline Feb. 2007: You Have A Crisis Of Credibility: Tinubu Tells Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007: You Can’t Betray The North, Acf Scribe Warns Obasanjo by DaHitler(m): 5:28am On Jun 13, 2006
According to Col. Hammed Ali, the chairman of Arewa Consultative Forum, if the North does not get the Presidency come 2008, there would be chaos. Oddly enough, this is the same North that speaks fondly of the one Nigeria. Am I the only one that thinks it is ironic that they are now the ones that split Nigeria into two or more units when its proporgates their political Agenda?

In all fairness, the Presidency should go to the South-South, or the South-East. If Nigeria is one as they say, then why should the South-South, the same region that earns more than 90 percent of currency, be denied the President. A similar case can be said about the South-East who, after losing the civil war, were told by Gowon that "No victor, no vanquished." Now, is it just me or do the actions of the state they call Nigeria not support that quote?

So, what do you think about the threat made by the ACF chairman? Are comments like that really what Nigeria needs at this crucial moment?

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/june/13/national-13-06-2006-001.htm
Re: 2007: You Can’t Betray The North, Acf Scribe Warns Obasanjo by Drusilla(f): 5:40am On Jun 13, 2006
Afeni,

It seems if you really thought Nigeria was an abomination. You should welcome and embrace these comments.

Do as any good propagandist would and use them to show that it was the otherside not you, who insisted on breaking up Nigeria.

Your just going along with their wishes.
Re: 2007: You Can’t Betray The North, Acf Scribe Warns Obasanjo by DaHitler(m): 5:44am On Jun 13, 2006
Drusilla, you make a very good point. I have thought for many hours on what you just hinted at. However, if Nigeria can work, then I will label it as a necessary evil. But, what makes you so sure I am spreading propaganda? cheesy

Every thing I have ever said on this forum, in the political section, has been 100 percent true. But still, I thank you for your advice. I will look into your suggestions. cheesy
Re: 2007: You Can’t Betray The North, Acf Scribe Warns Obasanjo by Drusilla(f): 5:51am On Jun 13, 2006
Afeni,

I can read. cheesy tongue

(1) (Reply)

Dont Talk About My Nigeria / Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi / Buhari ,buharism, And Buharinomics Part3: The Man And His Methods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.