Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments (31684 Views)

Isaac Obe: Ex-Youth President Murdered In Eleme, Rivers (Graphic Photo) / IPOB May Banish Igbokwe From Igboland Over Anti-biafra Comment / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Bekwarra(m): 1:54am On Feb 16, 2015
The youth wing of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo , has warned ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo over his reported remarks on President Goodluck Jonathan.

Media reports had quoted Obasanjo as saying that Jonathan shifted the election dates because he was afraid of defeat and that perhaps the President had been listening to aides telling him that he stands the risk of being jailed for corruption should the opposition All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) wins the poll.

The former President also alleged that Jonathan was engaging in “the do-or-die” politics played by the former President of Cote d’Ivoire, Laurent Gbagbo.

But the Ohanaeze Youth Council warned Obasanjo to stop inciting Nigerians against the President, who, according to the group, “has dwarfed the achievements of all former Nigerian leaders.”

Speaking with our correspondent in Umuahia, the Abia State capital, the National President of OYC, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said “Obasanjo should stop fanning the embers of war through his unguarded utterances against a sitting President.”

Isiguzoro accused Obasanjo of plotting, in connivance with some undemocratic elements, to topple Jonathan’s government through inciting comments, warning that any attempt to derail Nigeria’s democracy would be resisted.

“Obasanjo is a disappointment to democracy. He should not plunge Nigeria into another civil war through his hate remarks against Jonathan,” he said.

Isiguzoro said Jonathan had “by all standards proved to be a core democrat, otherwise the likes of Obasanjo should be cooling his feet in the jail by now because of his evil deeds while in office.”

The OYC leader said corruption was institutionalised during Obasanjo’s administration and wondered when the former President overnight turned into the vanguard of democracy.

He said, “Obasanjo should know that he has expired politically and Nigerian youths cannot allow him and other spent forces that belong to the past to ruin our future.

“Nigeria cannot buy his belated and selfish idea of Interim National Government, and all those plotting to put Nigeria backwards will be disappointed because the youths are now wiser.”

Isiguzoro further argued that “if anyone should be afraid of going to jail because of corruption and illegality, it is Obasanjo who superintended over the destruction of Odi town while he was in office.”

He said that President Jonathan deserved the right to seek re-election and should not be deprived of that right by “members of a self-serving cabal who think that Nigeria is their private estate.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/igbo-youths-warn-obasanjo-against-anti-jonathan-comments/

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by braine(m): 1:57am On Feb 16, 2015
Hahaha.. Bloody illiterates not analyzing the message but attacking the messenger.. Nonsense.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Tolexander: 2:12am On Feb 16, 2015
The former President also alleged that Jonathan was
engaging in “the do-or-die” politics played by the
former President of Cote d’Ivoire, Laurent Gbagbo.
But the Ohanaeze Youth Council warned Obasanjo to
stop inciting Nigerians against the President, who,
according to the group, “has dwarfed the
achievements of all former Nigerian leaders.”
well, the definitions of achievement to some people are;
promising of the second niger bridge
removing the local in the name of an airport and replacing it with international
and
adding Azikwe to ones name

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 16, 2015
Weed youths warn OBJ

39 Likes

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by asadike(f): 2:17am On Feb 16, 2015
Obasanjo is a disgrace to elders,I don't blame him, I blame joe wey for don put d lazy farmer for prison since.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Tonylyte(m): 2:27am On Feb 16, 2015
collynzo82:
[s][/s]
Are u not a clown?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by MrKnowitall: 2:29am On Feb 16, 2015
The useless Igbo youth need to warn Jonathan instead. They need to warn him that if he doesn't stop is primitive anachronistic behavior, he will find himself in prison. They also need to remind him that he is a clueless man who once had no shoes. A man who is not even fit to be a principal of a daycare.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by StunningCEO: 2:38am On Feb 16, 2015
MrKnowitall:
The useless Igbo youth need to warn Jonathan instead. They need to warn him that if he doesn't stop is primitive anachronistic behavior, he will find himself in prison. They also need to remind him that he is a clueless man who once had no shoes. A man who is not even fit to be a principal of a daycare.

wellcom bk sir. y is ur picture abt beatin wumen?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by MrKnowitall: 2:47am On Feb 16, 2015
StunningCEO:

wellcom bk sir. y is ur picture abt beatin wumen?
because we men need to be beat women....to the door, so we can open it for them.

How you been?

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Tolexander: 2:49am On Feb 16, 2015
asadike:
Obasanjo is a disgrace to elders,I don't blame him, I blame joe wey for don put d lazy farmer for prison since.
he wasn't a disgrace when He made Jonathan, Umaru Yaradua's running mate. It's good to call him a disgrace now that he is publicly criticizing Jonathan!

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by StunningCEO: 2:51am On Feb 16, 2015
MrKnowitall:

because we men need to be beat women....to the door, so we can open it for them.

How you been?

I been doin great. just arrived Bk in nyc frm a quick trip to lag n abj last nite. So where u been hidin?
Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by MrKnowitall: 2:51am On Feb 16, 2015
asadike:

If Obasanjo is a disgrace, doesn't that make Jonathan a disappointment?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by MrKnowitall: 2:55am On Feb 16, 2015
StunningCEO:

I been doin great. just arrived Bk in nyc frm a quick trip to lag n abj last nite. So where u been hidin?

I've been doing competititions and presentations. I should be back for a while, i think. Were you in the investment section before?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by waternogetemeny: 2:55am On Feb 16, 2015
[size=18pt]OBJ HAVE BEEN WARNED...[/size]

THE DISTRACTION HERE WITH FANI KAYODE AND HIS FANTASIES, DOES NOT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE MESSAGE TO OBJ.

IF OBJ HAS EARS LET HIM TAKE HEED TO THE CAUTION FROM THE IGBO YOUTHS.

NUFF SAID!
angry

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 5:08am On Feb 16, 2015
Obasanjo is a disgrace. shameless old man

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Swizdoe(m): 5:49am On Feb 16, 2015
Toothless dogs everywhere.......
Igbo youths smoking cheap igbos (weeds)

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 16, 2015
Obasanjo of all people should be wallowing in shame. Obasanjo should be in prison in a sane country, that dude is the architect of Nigeria's quagmire.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by ManMountain(m): 6:03am On Feb 16, 2015
customized13:
Obasanjo of all people should be wallowing in shame. Obasanjo should be in prison in a sane country, that dude is the architect of Nigeria quagmire.
Another weed youth

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 16, 2015
MrKnowitall:

If Obasanjo is a disgrace, doesn't that make Jonathan a disappointment?
obj doesn't have the moral right to criticize GEJ, OBJ is far worse and more corrupt than GEJ.

People should learn how to analyze the integrity of persons because obasanjo is a hypocrite for all I care.

20 Likes

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 16, 2015
ManMountain:

Another weed youth
Man, you can go to hell with your tribal bigotry for all I care, pervert.

Quote me again and see why I am the most dangerous dude to Yoruba generation on Nairaland.

35 Likes

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by ManMountain(m): 6:06am On Feb 16, 2015
customized13:
obj doesn't have the morale right to ctitisize GEJ, OBJ is far worse and more corrupt than GEJ.

People should learn how to analyze the integrity of person because obasanjo is a hypocrite for all I care.
Oloriburuku, you no even sabi write good English, who are you to criticise baba?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by ManMountain(m): 6:07am On Feb 16, 2015
customized13:

Quote me again and see why I am the most dangerous dude to Yoruba generation on Nairaland.

You dey mad. weed boy

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by LajaLaba: 6:09am On Feb 16, 2015
customized13:

Loud mouth wetin u fit do cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by ManMountain(m): 6:10am On Feb 16, 2015
LajaLaba:
Too much weed dey worry am. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 16, 2015
ManMountain:

Oloriburuku, you no even sabi write good English, we are you to criticise baba?
you are the reason why people think Yorubas are illiterates and live in past educational glory, check your dictionary for "criticize" and be the guest of my little cousin in a ''use of English" tutorial.

Ndi ofe and empty vacuous skull....smhsmh undecided

43 Likes

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 16, 2015
LajaLaba:
I won't be held responsible for the tears grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by ManMountain(m): 6:15am On Feb 16, 2015
customized13:
you are the reason why people think Yorubas are illiterates and live in past educational glory, check your dictionary for "criticize" and be the guest of my little cousin in a ''use of English" tutorial.

Ndi ofe and empty vacuous skull....smhsmh undecided
You still wan do bold face? You dey craze. I have better things to do this early morning. You are very jobless, so you can be here all day, Mr morale grin grin grin. weed-boy. Oloshi, after you don edit, shameless fool.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 16, 2015
ManMountain:

You still wan do bold face? You dey craze. I have better things to do this early morning. You are very jobless, so you can be here all day, Mr morale grin grin grin. weed-boy
zinc oxide poisoning no good ooo grin

I will kill you today.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments by ManMountain(m): 6:19am On Feb 16, 2015
Did they give any ultimatum? Na their way be that, awon werey alaini opolo

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Adamu Has Rendered APC NWC Redundant – Tinubu’s Men Cry Out / Wike Hosts Cross River PDP Candidates, Donates 25 Buses For Campaigns / Nigerians Scoop Fuel From Fallen Petrol Tanker In Abeokuta - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.