Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) (44951 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Is It Possible To Estimate The Cost Of Electrical Wiring Of A Duplex / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Notion(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
clik on this link to make money this xmas season http:///1amT30T

AND BUILD UR OWN HOUSE ALSO
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by donPhill(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
satellitedaisy: I spent 6yrs(5yrs + 1yr strike) in school, and you feel u can get the service free over the net, *SMH* #walks away#
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by dedons: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
waterhouse071: I think professionals only shld respond to this request so dat everyone will learn. lets join hands together n raise d standard of nairaland. enough of all childish n useless comments. nairaland is Nigeria's no 1 forum n it speaks alot about u & me.
abeg shut up jare

go sitdown for one corner jare
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by brabus(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
FEMACK NIG: Please can any professional in the house give me an idea of how much it will cost to build an average 4 bedroom duplex and a 5 bedroom duplex in lagos..(dryland)...

I just need an idea of the least amount it will cost to build to finish without the cost of land..

Please I need response from experienced people only..

Thanks

N15 - N17m will get you this on a flat land with mid-range finishes.

https://www.nairaland.com/1089928/paper-brick-journal-construction-activities
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by maninmood(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
40million 5bedroom with 2 bq( Tastefully furnished).This includes imported furniture.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by bigt2(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
255 Million Naira. This is because you will need 127M for a bullet proof bmw, and the rest for the house.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Lucasbalo(m): 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Depends on ur taste. My 5 Bedroom duplex and 4 3 bedroom flats at the back of the duplex cost me about N27.5 million and that was about 6 years ago in a high brow neighborhood in Lagos. You have to talk to building consultants and mind you, you would be ripped of a little by the people in charge. It's doable and God blessings to u.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Fazhy: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
superior1: Naija and free things, little wonder we keep having collapsed builidings.

@OP, pay a Builiding Consultant very well and get detailed professional advice from him

He just need an estimate.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Fishbig: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
300 million should be enough i think
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Abagworo(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
I depends on taste but the least is 15million. No rooftiles, no marbles, no special paint, no POP, no landscaping.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by judexnweke: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
Why is Nigerian like this anything cheap means is not good dats lie dont mind them with 10million u will finish it
Take a bold step do it urself sure u will not regrets it.

Recently a car a broda collected 1.3 Millon from I get it around 900, 000 imagine my pple : cool cool kiss[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by judexnweke: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
Stop deceiving people my broda which 30, million
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
If you need your house roofed please call Bulo Somto Ltd at 08033371614.
We are expert Roofers.
We handle all kinds of Roofing Materials and jobs in Asaba, Nnewi, Onitsha, Lagos and most parts of Nigeria.
No job is too big or too small
Call us today at 08033371614 and ask for Bulo King.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by judexnweke: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Go and verified things urself do it urself it will surely work leave third party pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by adesegun121(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
BATLAN CONCEPT LIMITED (MAJOR IMPORTERS OF STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET (metro tiles), DOORS AND ALUMINUM COMPOSITE PANEL)……CALL AYYUB ON 08085310359
My name is Mr. Ayyub and I appreciate the opportunity to introduce my Company (Batlan Concept Interiors and Exteriors) limited. The company was formed to provide general importation, sales and supplies of building materials.
Batlan Concept interiors and Exteriors Ltd is a licensed company in the federal republic of Nigeria for Wholesale, retail and supply of building materials all over Nigeria such as Stone Coated aluminum step tile roofing sheets, aluminum composite panel, interior and exterior doors, sanitary ware and marbles, Danpolon (car port, shoot out extension, ATM partitioning and swimming pool cover) and glass blocks. We have been involved in sales of building materials since 2006 and have personally supplied notable companies, engineers and property owners. We take pride in the fact that all product supplied by our company are of good qualities (European, Korea and American standard) our supplies and deliveries have always been completed on time and in safe and professional manner.
Batlan Concept Interiors and Exteriors have good and reliable staffs that listen and attend to our clients needs and request in a professional manner. We provide safety awareness to our client, on issues relating to the handling of some delicate products on site.
The most important part of Batlan Concept Interiors and Exterior Ltd is our employees. Our people care about product quality. They take the extra step to ensure quality supply
All our products are fully guaranteed and we would sincerely appreciate an opportunity to work with you on your future project where our services would be of value
Head Office = Queens Shopping Plaza,
Suite 11, Km 45, Lekki Epe-Express way
Opposite Safeway hospital Sangotedo Ajah Lagos.
E-mail; =(wholesaleroofingsheetanddoors@yahoo.co.uk) and (roofanddoorimporter@yahoo.com)

Call Mr. Ayyub on 08085310359 for more information
Email(ayyubaltan@gmail.com)
PRICE LIST FOR OUR DOORS
SIZES
DESCRIPTION MEASUREMENT OUR PRICE LIST
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 860/900 50mm 15,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 50mm 26,000
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 18,000
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 36,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 30,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 9INCHES 50,000
3 FEET KITCHEN DOOR 70mm 30,000
4 FEET KITCHEN DOOR 9 INCHES 50,000
5 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 52,000
3 FEET STAINLESS STILL DOOR 70,000
4 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR 120,000
5 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR 160,000
3 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR IN DOOR 140,000
4 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR IN DOOR 160,000
5 FEET STAINLESS DOOR IN DOOR 190,000
3 FEET TURKEY DOOR 9 INCHES 70,000
F TURKEY DOOR 9 INCHES 145,000
LAMINATED WOODEN DOOR 2050*750/840 15,000
100% WOODEN DOOR 2050*840 25,000
3 FEET ARMORED DOOR 9 INCHES 80,000
4 FEET ARMORED DOOR 9 INCHES 150,000
5 FEET ARMORED DOOR 190,000
4 FEET ARMORED DOOR IN DOOR 400,000
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 30,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 42,000
3 FEET WHITE DOOR 860/900 15,000
3 FEET STEEL GLASS DOOR 33,000
PVC TOILET DOOR 10,000
REGULAR TOILET DOOR 15,500
PRICE LIST FOR STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET
1 SOUTH KOREA STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET N2000 PER SQUARE METER. We have different colours in stock (red, black, green and brown)
2 CHINA STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET N1800 PER SQUARE METER.
3 SHINGLES ROOFING SHEET GOING FOR =N=2700 PER SQUARE METER,
BENEFITS OF STONE COATED STEP TILE METRO TILES OVER OTHER ROOFING SHEET
DURABLE = Stone coated step tile roofing sheet are very durable and has about 50years companies guarantee,, that’s really a value for price
ABSORBS RADIATION = Stone coated step tile metro tiles has great ability of absorbing the ultraviolent rays of the sun that emits radiation, many roofing sheet can do that..
ABSORBES HEAT = Stone coated roofing sheet has a very great ability of absorbing heat, and this reduces the amount of heat that enters the building,, Many roofing sheet cant reduce heat.
FULLY FIRE RESISTANT = Coated roofing sheet is fully resistant to fire, heat, water and harsh whether condition. It’s truly the best
VERY ATTRACTIVE = When you see a building coated with stone coated metro tile, you would know that there is a difference between (ROOFING SHEET) and the (STONE COATED STEPTILE ROOFING SHEET)
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON
DON’T FORGET (WE KEEP OUR WORD)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL MR AYYUB ON 08085310359
Email(ayyubaltan@gmail.com)
HEAD OFFICE IS LOCATED AT SUITE 11/12 QUEENS SHOPPING COMPLEX OPPOSITE SAFEWAY HOSPITAL SANGOTEDO BY AJAH,LAGOS,
we are simply the best
EMAIL US AT (roofanddoorimporter@yahoo.com) or
(wholesaleroofingsheetanddoors@yahoo.co.uk)
BATLAN (WE DEAL ON QUALITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSWSmC5FYSU

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by obailala(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
point5: I think 5-7m in Lagos main Land,,10-15m in Lagos Irland,,15-24million in Banana irland/Estate,,my profession is civil n constructn engr,,,I also kn much abt real estate managmnt..giv me a call if u need my service..08036642694 POINT

The OP said 'excluding cost of land' so I believe we are talking of just building materials and cost of labour; what other factors could be responsible for the clear difference in cost in the 3 locations you highlighted??

...or could it be due to the different soils and required foundation types?... I would have thought the soil in Lagos Island would be similar to that in banana island?
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by mexxyaaron(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
FEMACK NIG: Please can any professional in the house give me an idea of how much it will cost to build an average 4 bedroom duplex and a 5 bedroom duplex in lagos..(dryland)...

I just need an idea of the least amount it will cost to build to finish without the cost of land..

Please I need response from experienced people only..

Thanks

Hello famack nig,I am a certified quntity surveyor with vast exprience in building projects.

U should be looking at about 30million on the average.

U can contact me for a detail cost analysis and Bill of Quantities on 08092922702.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by pendusky(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
kzokul: A standard duplex wit d minimum cost will cost u notin less dan 30mils
wer u a mason at dangote hauz building project? coz thats the only place u shld overheard 30mil
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by joeboy4reel(m): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
I'm not a builder or whatsoever like many people here claim to be, but I think a duplex should cost around 10-12 mill.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by micomoh: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
This depends on the class of its finishes, location and job-site conditions, foundation type, benchmark etc. But if all conditions are at a normal level, the cost of 4-5 bedroom deplex (Full-Detached, 4-5 bedroom apartment) will be N13Million.
Attached is a picture of one we are working on presently. It is a 5 Bedroom Fully-Detached apartment with a maid-room at Lekki Gardens PH 1 before Sangotedo Ajah.

note: this is an estimate and not a quotation.

Thank you

Wale
Wayne Solutions International
www.waynesolutionsint.net

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Freddieyankee(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fadelex: I'm not actually familiar with Lagos terrain but I will give u what is obtainable in Abuja
** site clearing, excavation, conduit plumbingnand dpc of a raft foundation should take like 900k
**blockwork of ground floor (3, 500pcs) plus workmanship and materials should cost like 1million including lintel, column and head coach
** decking cost should stand between 1.5million including cost of materials (cement, fine aggregate and coarse aggregate) formwork, reinforcement (y16 and y12 for floor and y20 for column), workmanship and equipment.
** blockwork for top floor and lintel, arch and column plus head coach should stand @ 1.3million. you'll use almost d same materials as ground floor but due to d stress of moving materials to d top floor you'll spend extra.
** roofing (wood, aluminium and workmanship) will take 1.2million.
**electrical fittings will take like 400k (including wire, materials and workmanship)
**plumbing (kitchen, toilet, bath and dinning) should take like 250k including workmanship
**window burglary and aluminium should take like 300k
**doors,(main entrance, rooms, kitchen and toilet) should take 400k.
**rendering/plastering... materials and workmanship should take 700k
**ceiling finishes (p.o.p or gypsy or pvc).. #1.2million
**floor finishes.. unglazed tiles.. #1.2million
**balustrade (stair and verandah)... 150k
**paintings , 400k
** fencing ...300k, including gate, rendering and paintings
** landscaping... depends on taste but 400k will give u good finishes
**bore hole 1.5million including tank and stand
**sceptic tank 100k
**furniture work, kitchen, bedroom and bar or library 400k

total= #12.6million

miscellaneous/unforseen expenses is usually put at 10%
while supervision and consulting is also put @ 10% of total cost... that's #2.4 million

grand total is #15million...

note... this quotation is for 5 bedroom duplex wit good finishes. add me up for clarity

You the best bro... I like how you broke it down.... This are kind of people I like working with, are you into building construction or u just have the insight
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Fadelex(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
@Freddieyankee.... I'm into building construction.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by tfk08: 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fadelex: I'm not actually familiar with Lagos terrain but I will give u what is obtainable in Abuja
** site clearing, excavation, conduit plumbingnand dpc of a raft foundation should take like 900k
**blockwork of ground floor (3, 500pcs) plus workmanship and materials should cost like 1million including lintel, column and head coach
** decking cost should stand between 1.5million including cost of materials (cement, fine aggregate and coarse aggregate) formwork, reinforcement (y16 and y12 for floor and y20 for column), workmanship and equipment.
** blockwork for top floor and lintel, arch and column plus head coach should stand @ 1.3million. you'll use almost d same materials as ground floor but due to d stress of moving materials to d top floor you'll spend extra.
**electrical fittings will take like 400k (including wire, materials and workmanship)
**plumbing (kitchen, toilet, bath and dinning) should take like 250k including workmanship
**paintings , 400k
**sceptic tank 100k

total= #12.6million

while supervision and consulting is also put @ 10% of total cost... that's #2.4 million

note... this quotation is for 5 bedroom duplex wit good finishes. add me up for clarity

U try small, but the some quoatation u mention that r in excess while some r nt achievable.
For instance where u mention 1.5M for decking is nt achievable. i just concluded casting of a floor slab(decking) of a 4-bedroom dulex for a client today in gwarinpa estate abuja, the cost is as follows:
1. Planks, labour n material(nails etc)- 625k
2. Iron(reinforcemen)- 1.05M
3. Sand, stone dust n granite-246k
4. Cement-495k
5. Labour iron bender n man waka-245
Total-2.661M
In summary with 13 to 15M one can build a standard 5- bedroom duplex on a stable soil, in any part of d country.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by misterjosh(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
sexymoma: Bros na garri and salt he wan use build am o... I wonder how some people passed common entrance..
Cut d guy some slack, he is only tryin to put in a lil bit of fun. We all nid to get playful once in awhile

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by misterjosh(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
pro01:

N10m should build a decent 4 bedroom duplex with basic fittings, on dry land and in an easily accessible location. Talking from recent experience.

Na all these barawo "contractors" dey add nonsense and inflated costs ontop.
Yes oo, all those contractors will charge u consultancy fee and all other sorta fees thus drastically increasing d cost of building ur house. Just get a gud architect tell him/her wat u want, then employ direct labour. In d course of d building d architect can still b coming arund just to give some advice nd ensure d plan is been followed by d builders.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Fadelex(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
tfk08:
U try small, but the some quoatation u mention that r in excess while some r nt achievable.
For instance where u mention 1.5M for decking is nt achievable. i just concluded casting of a floor slab(decking) of a 4-bedroom dulex for a client today in gwarinpa estate abuja, the cost is as follows:
4. Cement-495k
Total-2.661M
In summary with 13 to 15M one can build a standard 5- bedroom duplex on a stable soil, in any part of d country.
true talk... it depends on d specifications and we usually use one aspect to balance another

if u don't mind I will like to visit that site of yours...
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
tfk08:
4. Cement-495k
Total-2.661M

u r very correct. I am based in abuja, so u r very correct man.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by NL1960: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
**paintings , 400k
**sceptic tank 100k

total= #12.6million

Do you have picture samples of the bolded. If you have please post them.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Fadelex(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
balustrade pix

Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Eyop: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hello Fadelex,

Do you have a pic of the duplex you just finished building?
Fadelex: balustrade pix
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Fadelex(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eyop: Hello Fadelex,

Do you have a pic of the duplex you just finished building?
nope.... I dont have any recent one.
Re: Cost Of Building A Duplex In Lagos(urgent) by Ogum(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
bloglover: Please consult a certified doctor to give u a rough estimate. Jokes apart, most pple giving u advice dont even know
offpoint!!! His is not sick.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos roofing contractor. / My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! / Abuja Shopping Mall Collapses! Five Rescued, Two Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.