Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! (45055 Views)

My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January / Will My Generator Be Able To Power The Inverter AC? / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by CuriousCart: 5:18pm On May 05, 2023
What can be done to a neighbour that repeatedly connects to my generator light? He has been caught twice now.

Can he be taken to court and what penalty will be dished out? Location is Lagos.

Any lawyer in the house to advise and possibly take up the case?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Kobojunkiee: 5:21pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

What can be done to a neighbour that repeatedly connects to my generator light? He has been caught twice now.

Can he be taken to court and what penalty will be dished out? Location is Lagos.

Any lawyer in the house to advise and possibly take up the case?
If you can, you fit record video evidence of how your neighbor take to connect to your generator and come trace it back to his house at least. Then call the police and show them the video as proof. undecided

281 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by dawnomike(m): 5:46pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

Nlfpmod mynd44
If his connection is not disturbing your power output needed in your apartment, just let it slide

162 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Calibrator: 6:07pm On May 05, 2023
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!

1411 Likes 125 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Foodqueen(f): 6:08pm On May 05, 2023
Thieves everywhere

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by maclatunji: 6:08pm On May 05, 2023
What kind of generator are you using?
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by CuriousCart: 6:09pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!

Thanks.
Won't this affect my gen itself?

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Abfinest007(m): 6:10pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

I thought of this but at times u just have to let something's go

22 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by CuriousCart: 6:11pm On May 05, 2023
maclatunji:
What kind of generator are you using?

A big one. Why?
I can't reveal the exact model incase he's on NL.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Calibrator: 6:12pm On May 05, 2023
Nothing will happen to your generator..

All you have to do is return the settings to the normal 220-240 before you connect your appliances.
CuriousCart:

Won't this affect my gen itself?

207 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Calibrator: 6:13pm On May 05, 2023
Neighbours should be put in their place so each and every one knows their boundary.... It starts from little things being overlooked before you know it, nobody respects you in the neighbourhood because you are a walkover.
Abfinest007:
I thought of this but at times u just have to let something's go

242 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by CuriousCart: 6:17pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:
Nothing will happen to your generator..

All you have to do is return the settings to the normal 220-240 before you connect your appliances.

I owe you one.
Like what voltage do you think can fry appliances?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Calibrator: 6:20pm On May 05, 2023
Just keep increasing it to the maximum.

Your generator sef will relish the experience, you will notice how stable the sound will be when you return it to normal voltage..... Generators are that devilish, they want to run at maximum voltage.
CuriousCart:

I owe you one.

226 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by socialmediaman: 6:27pm On May 05, 2023
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by socialmediaman: 6:29pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

I owe you one.

Don’t do this! It’s risky for him and perhaps you. You could burn down his house and it may affect you too, and what if this ends tragically?

Report to the police and to your landlord or property manager, with evidence.

Seek legal ways to address the issue.

Edit: For those quoting me to say that it was ok to burn the neighbor's appliances, think about the neighbor's innocent children (if applicable) that may be impacted if something went horribly wrong with short circuiting in the neighbor's house. Also, imagine if he was doing the illegal connection through your cable that passed through his apartment and not directly from the generator. When you burn his appliances, remember all that electricity passed through your own cable up to the point where he did the illegal connection. This could impact your cable as well

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Zaheertyler(m): 7:30pm On May 05, 2023
socialmediaman:

Don’t do this! It’s risky for him and perhaps you. You could burn down his house and it may affect you too, and what if this ends tragically?

Report to the police and to your landlord or property manager, with evidence.

Seek legal ways to address the issue.
OP please increase the generator to the highest and burn whatever you can burn
No be only legal means

288 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Zaheertyler(m): 7:32pm On May 05, 2023
Matured man can’t come to you openly and politely ask to join his wire
He is acting like a crook
Please burn everything and act ignorant

252 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by SisterAnn(f): 7:41pm On May 05, 2023
So yarimo never stop this nonsense grin

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by SisterAnn(f): 7:42pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

A big one. Why?
I can't reveal the exact model incase he's on NL.
It's yarimo abii grin

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by yarimo(m): 7:56pm On May 05, 2023
SisterAnn:
It's yarimo abii grin
grin grin grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by SisterAnn(f): 7:57pm On May 05, 2023
yarimo:
grin grin grin grin grin
Yaribobo grin

23 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Obiedun(m): 8:15pm On May 05, 2023
One day two men were talking and one of them was boasting that he connected and tap electricity from his neighbour's gen illegally.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by JackDaAlienz(m): 8:15pm On May 05, 2023
Ok
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by MackIV(m): 8:15pm On May 05, 2023
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 05, 2023
Na my gate man work be that
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Flick490(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2023
Arrest him
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Megabig: 8:16pm On May 05, 2023
I know the neighbor won’t ask nicely, just meet a generator repairer and ask him how you can use a spammer to quickly turn your voltage to the highest, when next he connects and gets into his apartment, unplug all your appliances and get to work, just turn the voltage to the highest and wait till you hear him screaming “Jesus”!!!… Cunny man die, na cunny man go bury am

He will count his losses and will not try it again

No police, No quarrel, no lawyer and no drama… everyone will be alright

282 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Goldbw122(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2023
well be a good neigbour is good.. you are a good man, that i have seen. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by IyaTola: 8:16pm On May 05, 2023
Everything is not to be handled gently. Show some madness. Confront him/her and state it in clears terms he should desist from what his doing otherwise there would be consequences

angry
A Dj around Lakowe is needed to play for a baby dedication on the 14th of May Sunday 2023, at School Gate Lakowe

Play for 5 hours
1pm - 6pm
Come with all your equipment EXCEPT generator

Call 07034247614

Please if your charge is high don't call please....

angry

We are currently recruiting agents that will recruit merchants for the company.

Areas we are looking at( Ifako Ijaiye, Shomolu, Alimosho, Festac and Oshodi)

Please WhatsApp me on: zero seven zero six seven four one eight four seven one

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Thisis2raw(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2023
With evidence and someone to vouch for you, don't confront him. Just go straight to police. Na there him go dey explain how your Gen use be him property

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by TimmyTen(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2023
Blame Power Holding Criminals of Nigeria (PHCN)

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abuja Shopping Mall Collapses! Five Rescued, Two Trapped / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building / A Wing Duplex With Flat @Ajah By MOORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.