Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Where Is My Eyes? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is My Eyes? (729 Views)

Meet Man Who Tattooed His Whole Body Including Eyes And Penis. Hmm, Take A Look! / Radio Biafra Is Great - My Eyes Are Opening / Story-with My Eyes I Saw An Open Process.kudos APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is My Eyes? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2008
Another popular theme in Nigerian posters and calendars is the trade in human body parts for ritual purposes. Although these stories are sensational and often based in folklore, they represent a criticism of certain members of Nigerian society. Stories of persons who consume and/or sell the very bodies of Nigerian citizens in order to accumulate fast wealth offer yet another commentary on greed and the inequalities of wealth and power that have become all too obvious for Nigerians. The grisley reality is that human body parts are used ritually in Nigeria. Some of the stories claim that these individuals harvest human body parts and sell them to Western countries for organ transplants. These images demonstrate how these stories are situated in the context of Nigeria’s political economy, especially Nigeria’s place in the global system.

Re: Where Is My Eyes? by jesusfreak(f): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2008
funny grin

(1) (Reply)

International Call Rates May Drop By 80 Per Cent / N80 Billion Investment Fund For Nigerians Abroad / Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.