Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:34 AM

How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? (13540 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / 11 Categories Of Guys You Meet At A Wedding. / There Must Be A Wedding By A Nairalander This 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Kanwulia: 7:54am On Nov 13, 2013
Go to ALL RADIO,TV, NEWSPAPER OUTLETS AND YOUR CHURCHES TO MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT public! Simple!!!! kiss
Trust moi, people will be too busy gossiping to ask you questions.
Let the aso-ebis be consolation GIFT! PAY EVERYONE THAT HAS COLLECTED aso-ebi.

Pay all musical, catering, fashion, church and souvenir vendors ALL THEY ARE DUE!!!
Then treat yourself to a SOLO HONEYMOON! kiss

I would! kiss
Better to call it off NOW, than walk into a life of misery ahead! kiss
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baralatie(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2013
ipasco: That may not be completely ruled out but technically its beyound that.
dont cancel dat wedding!calm down!
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ifyalways(f): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2013
Chinwem:
@ifyalways do people really do refunds in Nigeria?
Yes, ofcourse, cancellation fees apply.
OP should get atleast 50% refund from the events center,refreshment (cake,drinks and food).

@OP,how far? If you happen not to get refund from your wedding planners we could convert this to a Christmas party for the less privileged. There's a fortune in every misfortune. Contact me if its do-able.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baralatie(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2013
baralatie:
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 9:40am On Nov 13, 2013
Its already canceled, just asking hw to go about breaking The news
baralatie:
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baralatie(m): 10:28am On Nov 13, 2013
ipasco: Its already canceled, just asking hw to go about breaking The news
please accept my apologis.it must av been a hard decision.take heart!
it is well!
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by chineloSA(f): 10:36am On Nov 13, 2013
ipasco: Its already canceled, just asking hw to go about breaking The news

Since its cancelled, then its easy.Send your parents na, to the girls parents. Give them a letter for her parents and ask them to ask their daughter to explain what happened. Don't go there yourself, initially. Let her explain first wink wink wink

Have a " BIG CHEER ME UP" party afterwards cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

All the best wink
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by samocci012: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
My broda OP to b honest don't cancel d wedding go ahead wt it once u r tru file for d devorce sikina undecided no skin pain and den give ur reason for d devorce grin no go let ppl wey don plan to come eat rice n chicken vex for u ooo angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin God go help u
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by packman: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Kanwulia: Go to ALL RADIO,TV, NEWSPAPER OUTLETS AND YOUR CHURCHES TO MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT public! Simple!!!! kiss
Trust moi, people will be too busy gossiping to ask you questions.
Let the aso-ebis be consolation GIFT! PAY EVERYONE THAT HAS COLLECTED aso-ebi.

Pay all musical, catering, fashion, church and souvenir vendors ALL THEY ARE DUE!!!
Then treat yourself to a SOLO HONEYMOON! kiss

I would! kiss
Better to call it off NOW, than walk into a life of misery ahead! kiss

[size=20pt]I FEEL YOU BRO.... GO TO DSTV HITV....MYTV SATELITE FACEBOOK NAIRALAND TWITTER LINDAIKEJIBLOG E.T.C AND MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by MsNas(f): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
samocci012: My broda OP to b honest don't cancel d wedding go ahead wt it once u r tru file for d devorce sikina undecided no skin pain and den give ur reason for d devorce grin no go let ppl wey don plan to come eat rice n chicken vex for u ooo angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin God go help u
What the hell did you just write? Is this English or French? Damn shocked

OP, since the wedding is off....just do the honorable and inform her parents yourself. Give them that last respect and take time to answer their questions. Trust me, they will ask a LOT of questions, so brace yourself for that.

Inform every other person you invited about the cancellation via sms, as someone said, they will be too busy gossiping to ask you questions.

As per the Aso Ebi part, I doubt if anybody will ask for a refund for that. I personally won't as I can still wear the material other times. Pele Sogbo?
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by 4reigningqueen: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
why not try bulk sms, i heard its cheap.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by itodoho(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
let it be a parent to parent thingy. Don't go talking to her...She would never understand.
The decision to cancel is best known to you and your God. A broken relationship is better than a broken home.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Fadelex(m): 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
na wash joor... this is a copy and paste story from Linda ikeji blog... even Linda form d story just to drive traffic to her blog... **back to my garri and kulikuli**
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by PrinceJustice(m): 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hope you have not paid her Bride Price?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by MissOpe(f): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
OP. I feel u can still sort out your issues with you Ex-Fiance..... except If it's the case of Infidelity.....I don't Think cancelling the wedding will be a good Idea as I suppose U've invested a whole lot into that relationship...Cheers
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by braine(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
I desperately want to know what broke the wedding• embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by funshybam(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
chineloSA:

Since its cancelled, then its easy.Send your parents na, to the girls parents. Give them a letter for her parents and ask them to ask their daughter to explain what happened. Don't go there yourself, initially. Let her explain first wink wink wink

Have a " BIG CHEER ME UP" party afterwards cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

All the best wink

very good suggestion.
I'm also faced with a similar situation with my baby mama... the gurl too refused to communicate with her people....still on it though, but this was the same advise I got from my counsellor.... It made alot of sense

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Kjking(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Sumtyms i wonder wat courtship is meant for? Bro, its simple, d same way u invited them shud be the same way u un-invite them. Let her also do same to the people she invited
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by anselm791(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Honestly am I the only one itching to know what really happened? I mean op proposed, sent out IVs, asoebi and just decides to end it? Well as to your question, just click 'options' then enter 'cancel'. Lol. What were you expecting? If you're smart enough to propose then cancelling shouldn't be a problem.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
ipasco: From a male reader
I'm not asking if I should cancel my wedding because that has been decided I am only asking how do you go about canceling it and letting invited guests know that this wedding will no longer hold.

My ex-fiancee's friends have already paid for the aso-ebi, the wedding invitation has been printed, the hall for the reception booked but there will be no wedding. My wedding was supposed to hold this December but I'd rather commit suicide than marry this woman.

I won't go into details about what she did but understand that no man cancels his wedding except it's serious. My parents have been informed about the new development but her parents are yet to be informed.

She has refused to tell them, insisting that I do it since I canceled the wedding. But her parents are the least of my worries. How do I tell excited family members, friends and colleagues that this wedding will no longer hold? Where do I start?
I know how you feel bro. I once dated a rabid dog and nearly married her. Thank God my eyes later got cleared. I suggest you go with your parents, uncles or whoever you went with for introduction, and announce the cancellation. Don't be a boy about this, doing it by yourself is a good way to start. Atimes I wonder if what we have today are ladies or chameleons undecided
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
-
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ruffhandu: 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
If you have a reason not to walk into a marriage, it is better you call it off, even if it is 30mins before the priest joins you in matrimony, than think of divorce. It is God that has delivered you from this.
It is honorable you inform her people, if you cannot man that face-to-face, do it over the phone. Better you explain your reason, but if you cannot man up to that too, then say something like "please am too overwhelmed (or look for another grammer according to your mood) to utter this, please ask her, she will be in a better position to explain".
If for any reason you couldn't conclude the talk with them (especially the father), so long as you've registered your intention, you may blank out, let them do the research.
Call your tightest friends and inform them. If you feel responsible for all your contacts you had sent SMS to, send another SMS and say something like "am sory to in4m u dat my wedding has bn shifted, u'll b informed of d new date". Invite them when you're finally getting married.

Let me not talk about how you'll recover some recoverables since you only want to know how to cancel for now.
God give you the strength and courage to sail through such difficult times.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
He probably realized the girl he wants to marry is a wh*ore!
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ruffhandu: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
engineerd: He probably realized the girl he wants to marry is a wh*ore!

Most likely.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by shikenosa: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
U guys are jez advisin without even findin out wat actuali hapnd...how person go offer solution wen hin no sabi problem...u guyz dnt even knw if d girl is innocent...naso una go spoil d girl life wit una yeye advise

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by jendy126: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
So sad,dnt knw wht to say
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Wallade(m): 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
You seem to need psychological evaluation. Why do you want to cancel the wedding, I can only advice when I can excuse your reasons.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by emilyone(f): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
OP could you please tell us why you want to cancel your wedding sad

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by begwong: 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Just draft another counter letter of wedding cancellation and give everyone you had earlier given the invite.
Dont forget to send same to the media houses that aired your invitations.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by nannymcphee(f): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pls when going over to her parents house, go with able bodied men or plain clothes police, just incase they want to act funny. Regardless of who was at fault it's a shame to both families so u can't tell how they will react

pls it will be beneficial for the house to know what happened, so that one can learn, but I hope it has nothing to do with these events

In apr, u posted this

www.nairaland.com/1267302/quick-expulsion-weak-sperm-pls

In may, u posted this

www.nairaland.com/1277940/dear-nairalanders-no-desire-sex

in all, your greatest challenge will be the physcological effect of a cancelled marriage coupled with ur ability to bounce back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From My Confession 5.0 By Prince Neche / ***** Happy Birthday Mukinatu******* / Classic And Elegant Wedding Decoration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.