Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? (13343 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / 11 Categories Of Guys You Meet At A Wedding. / There Must Be A Wedding By A Nairalander This 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by katsim(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2013
Please don`t cancel it both of you should go and see your pastor open up to him I think there must be a way out please don`t make a mistake both of you will live to regret please
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Pattey(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2013
nannymcphee: Patty & soul_glo, pls kindly take ur rivalry elsewhere lest you derail this thread.

The OP opened this thread cos he
Needs a way out.

Thanks

Rivalry? Mptseewww

Correcting abysmal thinking is now rivalry? Its only on NL one sees people with dysfunctional lives giving silly advice to other people.

If the OP won't do the needful on an 'anonymous forum', then a normal conscience should have a problem with just 'scheming' with him. Don't you think so?

Smh
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Lord have mercy, is all i can say.
aggiel: The rate at which planned marriages are failing these days is quite alarming, its no more nollywoods, real life scenario. I never believed white wedding preparations could come to an abrupt end even when the bride price has been paid, bride 6 months pregnant, e be like action movie for my eyes. Wedding was scheduled to hold in mid August, cards printed and distributed, aso-ebi sold, hall was paid for (quite expensive in yaba area), bridal train chosen and their wears made etc. On the day of the traditional marriage which was held a month to the proposed date for the white wedding, the bride was nowhere to be found, my brother paid her bride price in her absence, after traditional rites, where was the bride, we were assured the bride would be brought to us in my hometown, 1hr after we got back to my hometown, we got our shocking news, a sealed envelop containing the bride-price, returned to us. Reason the brides mother said my big bro was not financially capable for her daughter as he could not afford to give her(bride's mother) complete 500k, to throw an evening party for her club friend. Of which my bro had already parted with 250k in respect to this club party stuff. According to her its a party each club member throws on the day of their daughter's wedding, and she couldn't afford been laughed/mocked at. It was like nollywood movie, believe me, that was the biggest joke I've ever experienced, wat amazed most was that the pregnant bride supported her mother in canceling the traditional and the planned white wedding.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Sike(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
This life tho. sad *lips superglued*
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by mmimahbub(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
Situations like this are really painful. God will see you through. Nairalanders have been contributing advices to you. But please can you share your story (reason) for cancelling the wedding? It's nairaland not facebook. Feel free there is privacy.
Thousands will benefit from your experience here.
Hit 'Like' if you want him to.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by chineloSA(f): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
mmi-mahbub:
Situations like this are really painful. God will see you through. Nairalanders have been contributing advices to you. But please can you share your story (reason) for cancelling the wedding? It's nairaland not facebook. Feel free there is privacy.
Thousands will benefit from your experience here.
Hit 'Like' if you want him to.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Trust Nairaland journalist to dig a story for you. They even went into Governor Chime's compound and they got the story. grin grin
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Chillisauce: Since you have informed her and if the fault is really from her, inform your own family and vamoose .

Leave every other thing with her...money for cake, dress , engagement ring..
Just relocate.
No time to cry over spoilt milk
op take this advise. na very good one
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baralatie(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
chineloSA:

Trust Nairaland journalist to dig a story for you. They even went into Governor Chime's compound and they got the story. grin grin
u no lie!
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by PrinceJustice(m): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
chineloSA:

Them dey penetrate anywhere & everywhere like air mixed wit Gamma rays
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ovieohene: 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
i just hope its not wat am thinking o hmmm he is my uncle, no my brother blabla....havent said that be strong! You are a man, ask 4 His direction. Never marry a woman that would give u another man's...............If you are decent, then u deserve that in return! If there is genuine love between u both then watch it satan might be at work to stop ur happiness of God's knows how long you v waited till dis time. God wll give u de grace to move on if she is not de right woman 4 u! As per cancellation just put it as further notice since u r not God? Tell them that d wedding has been postponed till further notice! If u v their no call them, ur office etc I will pray with u. Remain bless!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by nicago: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
ovieohene: i just hope its not wat am thinking o hmmm he is my uncle, no my brother blabla....havent said that be strong! You are a man, ask 4 His direction. Never marry a woman that would give u another man's...............If you are decent, then u deserve that in return! If there is genuine love between u both then watch it satan might be at work to stop ur happiness of God's knows how long you v waited till dis time. God wll give u de grace to move on if she is not de right woman 4 u! As per cancellation just put it as further notice since u r not God? Tell them that d wedding has been postponed till further notice! If u v their no call them, ur office etc I will pray with u. Remain bless!

OP, I can understand how you feel over this. There might be other salient issues which you may not want to discuss on this forum which I understand and respect because after all the celebrations and everything, EVERYONE will turn back leaving you and your bride to your lives and truly, there is no point if you already have serious doubts about your supposed better half even before you become joined.

On getting people informed, simply send out messages that the wedding has been postponed and that a later date will be communicated to them.

If you are able to resolve this seemingly big issue between you and your lady, fine, if not....

Trust me, having relationship issues AT THE POINT OF MARRIAGE can be very destabilizing and it takes time for one to get back on his/her feet.

Please, after all said and done, see a counselor, you will need it.

Sorry.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by jahbiz: 12:25am On Nov 19, 2013
[quote
author=kcjazz]Well call and inform the parents. Bad news flies fast so
don't worry about calling people. At this point there are more serious
issues to think about than guests coming.

U'r right.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by jahbiz: 12:27am On Nov 19, 2013
Well call and inform the parents. Bad news flies fast so
don't worry about calling people. At this point there are more serious
issues to think about than guests coming.

U'r right.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by jahbiz: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=jahbiz][/quote]

c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding / An Event Guest Shows Off His "Amazing" Dance Skills (Pics/Video) / How To MC An Event?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.