Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 (20947 Views)

Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014 / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 / Updated--Euro 2012 Betting Predictions: France Vs England || Ukraine Vs Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by lat4real: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Iaz93: Guy, it was at the last minute Argentina qualified for the 2010 World Cup. Peru almost shattered their dreams. So shut up! angry
I hope Messi would be able to hit the post in Brazil. Lol! He shouldn't disgrace his fans like he did 3years back.

Last minute? I give up!!#
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by lat4real: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Iaz93: Guy, it was at the last minute Argentina qualified for the 2010 World Cup. Peru almost shattered their dreams. So shut up! angry
I hope Messi would be able to hit the post in Brazil. Lol! He shouldn't disgrace his fans like he did 3years back.

Last minute? I give up!!
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by LBT: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
Oludrex:

Shut UP.. I will score that penalty..
shut up there! Even if they remove the keeper from goal you still won't score that penalty; no be you wey they play monkey post? Aboki shine my shoe.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Remii(m): 2:02am On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

Nonsense... Did Messi single handedly win those trophies?

CR7 reigns supremo ..No other player is doing what he is doing right now!

Let Messi go and prove himself in another country

Thank you jare, many soccer analysts have maintained that chosing Messi over CR7 is a matter of personal choice not technical.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Dominionng(m): 3:12am On Nov 16, 2013
lat4real:

Last minute? I give up!!#

Difficult for you to pick-up a figure of speech? Guess u attended Omoboriowo community school!
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by caprini: 3:21am On Nov 16, 2013
Polio: Second leg will be BRUTAL though ... I think Portugal will narrowly go through!

Whoever goes into the second leg with an advantage will die to protect it

It is unfortunate those two giants got drawn together, it is a football tragedy

protect what? Portugal totally outplayed Sweden.....Pepe pocketed Ibrahimovic....Ronaldo was unlucky not to have scored a hatrick....the Swedes had no answer for Coentraos runs.....second leg will be a formality for the Portuguese.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2013
bl00dy fvcking st1nking l1ar, argentina qualified on match day 16, that is with 2 games to spare. Which peru almost denied them? Peru that they beat 3-1 with all 3 goals already scored at 47 minutes. L1ar, you can't even tell the truth to save your own life.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 7:29am On Nov 16, 2013
Remii:

Thank you jare, many soccer analysts have maintained that chosing Messi over CR7 is a matter of personal choice not technical.
there goes another l1ar. Personal choice?Maybe that is why messi has outscored him in every season and maybe that is why messi is being compared to maradona and pele. Maybe that is why he can't even score more than messi till messi got injured. Maybe that is why he could only win ballon dor in 2008 when messi was injured for so long.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 7:34am On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

Can you summarise Messi's impact in Argentina's qualification? Please quick in one paragraph and i give you 5 minutes ...

Thank you!
in summary messi qualified argentina being the second top scorer in the south american zone despite missing 3 games tru injury. And he qualified argentina with 2 games to spare. Comprende?
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 7:41am On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

Ballon D'Or = Messi Award!

The footballing world know that #YES

And oh yes, golden boot can be linked back to the team's contribution to the eventual winner's goal tally, think outside of the box homie wink

A player dont just pick up the ball and scores, he get's assist and support all round...

CR7 dont need Ballon DO'r .. He will continue to prove himself

He has shows up everywhere, club, country, your house, your work, everywhere ... He is massive!

Messi is different class but to say Messi is better than him is a fu..cking blasphemy!

Ask Messi to come to the EPL please, let him come and prove himself outside La Liga

Till then, dont bother arguing, Messi and Ronaldo are on PAR!
fvck epl. Tell ronaldo to go to serie a or come to nigerian league to prove himself. Stop blamsphening ronaldo will never be at par with messi. Shoe get size.He couldn't even prove himself against athletico. If he had proved himself against russia he would be resting by now. Yes he needs ballon dor, he has been crying for it for 5 years.Mumu.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Ovie56(m): 8:14am On Nov 16, 2013
ddippset: in summary messi qualified argentina being the second top scorer in the south american zone despite missing 3 games tru injury. And he qualified argentina with 2 games to spare. Comprende?
I guess their starting line up looks like this.....
messi
messi
messi messi
messi
messi messi
messi
messi messi..... and the opponents play against no body when he was injured..... lwkmd
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Ovie56(m): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2013
you guys have turn it to messi vs ronaldo thread so this is what I'll have to say
2009 messi is d world best
2010 a new year gift (from fifa)
2011 messi is d world best
2012 how can you give world best to a player that scores bunch of unimportant goals...
2013 except you are lying to ur self Ronaldo has performed more than him
messi is la liga highest goal scorer
Ronaldo is champions league highest goal scorer
.in all the el classic ronaldo did well than messi
first in super cup 1st leg he scored messi didnt
second leg he scored twice messi scored once
la liga they both scored twice in first leg...
copa dey rey none of them scored during first leg
ronaldo scored twice second leg
la liga second leg
messi scored ronaldo didn't
but one could see his contribution to the game despite coming on from substitute bench..... but we all know it's not the award for best player but most loved
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2013
Ovie56: I guess their starting line up looks like this.....
messi
messi
messi messi
messi
messi messi
messi
messi messi..... and the opponents play against no body when he was injured..... lwkmd
hypocrite. Just as you and your cohorts would say' ronaldo destroys sweden' or 'ronaldo singlehandedly sends portugal one leg to the world cup'. Your friend aasked, what was messi's impact and then I guess my answer hurt you to your bvtt.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2013
Ovie56: you guys have turn it to messi vs ronaldo thread so this is what I'll have to say
2009 messi is d world best
2010 a new year gift (from fifa)
2011 messi is d world best
2012 how can you give world best to a player that scores bunch of unimportant goals...
2013 except you are lying to ur self Ronaldo has performed more than him
messi is la liga highest goal scorer
Ronaldo is champions league highest goal scorer
.in all the el classic ronaldo did well than messi
first in super cup 1st leg he scored messi didnt
second leg he scored twice messi scored once
la liga they both scored twice in first leg...
copa dey rey none of them scored during first leg
ronaldo scored twice second leg
la liga second leg
messi scored ronaldo didn't
but one could see his contribution to the game despite coming on from substitute bench..... but we all know it's not the award for best player but most loved
that's the problem. You guys need to quit acting like illiterates that's if you aren't one. Fifa's gift to messi? So yobo and siasia that voted for messi are now fifa right? Pls use your head a little bit. 2012- unimportant goals? Kai, height of stvpidity! 73 goals a season-guiness book of records, 91 goals a year-guiness book of records, 8 hattricks-record, 50 goals a seaason- book of records, 5 goals in one match-guiness book of record, 14 champions league goals-history, the guy broke 70 year old records and created history and you call them meaningless goals? Plus adding the copa del rey trophy to all these records. But you say asomeone else should win becos he won only la liga, just la liga? When others won epl and serie a! Now in 2013 you have suddenly forgotten about the meaningless goals u said messi scored and you are telling us about goals ronaldo started scoring in october without winning a spoon? Big hypocrite u are!
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Iaz93: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2013
ddippset: bl00dy fvcking st1nking l1ar, argentina qualified on match day 16, that is with 2 games to spare. Which peru almost denied them? Peru that they beat 3-1 with all 3 goals already scored at 47 minutes. L1ar, you can't even tell the truth to save your own life.
No!

Argentina played 1 - 1 in their first match with Peru.

Argentina now needed a win against Peru at home, to qualify for 2010 World Cup. That winning goal came in 92nd minute. The match ended 2 - 1.

Bro, where did you watch your own match? Where did you see 3 - 1?
Ignorance is really a disease!
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 16, 2013
Iaz93: No!

Argentina now needed a win against Peru at home, to qualify for 2010 World Cup. That winning goal came in 92nd minute. The match ended 2 - 1.

So, why can't Portugal finish ahead of Russia?
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Iaz93: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2013
Austeenx:

So, why can't Portugal finish ahead of Russia?
What has Portugal finishing ahead of Russia got to do with my post?

I was addressing Lat4real's post.
If you don't understand, don't quote and spew rubbish.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2013
Iaz93: No!

o! For his mischievous intentions he choses to ignore the current campaign and takes us back to 2010. And you fail to address why your beloved portugal never gets to qualify directly but always tru play offs when they have the 'best' player in the world who proves himself everywhere and carries the whole country on his head. He defends himself, crosses to himself and scores himself.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 11:25am On Nov 16, 2013
Iaz93: What has Portugal finishing ahead of Russia got to do with my post?

yes of course, you are talking how argentina struggled to beat peru but they still qualified automatically. So all he is asking you is why can't portugal qualify directly? Despite all their stars- ronaldo, nani, pepe, moutinho, mereileas, bruno alvez, posatiga, contreao, varela.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2013
Iaz93: What has Portugal finishing ahead of Russia got to do with my post?

yes of course, you are talking how argentina struggled to beat peru but they still qualified automatically. So all he is asking you is why can't portugal qualify automatically? Despite all their stars- ronaldo, nani, pepe, moutinho, mereileas, bruno alvez, posatiga, contreao, varela.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by tomakint: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
Oludrex:

Shut UP.. I will score that penalty..
Na so so penalty dem dey take patch up the guy........na wao undecided
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by nickvanilla(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
enough of this messi,ronaldo debate.those two are a world.apart from other players.most football lovers around the world would put the two in the same class just to avoid heating up the already red hot rivalry.but ronaldo has really surprised me.honestly,i never expected him to reach the level he is today cos he doesn't have half the talent of messi.even neymar is more talented than him.he has shown the world dat thru hardwork and discipline one can conquer the world even while short of talents.ronaldo is a product of training while messi is pure talent.some of you didn't notice this but the goal he scored yesterday was very painful cos it involves turning the head spontaneously over 45 degrees.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Iaz93: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
ddippset: yes of course, you are talking how argentina struggled to beat peru but they still qualified automatically. So all he is asking you is why can't portugal qualify automatically? Despite all their stars- ronaldo, nani, pepe, moutinho, mereileas, bruno alvez, posatiga, contreao, varela.
There's something you don't understand. The groups consisting of South American teams is not the same as that consisting of European teams, where they have only 4 teams in a group. For the South Americans, they have about 9teams in a group. The first four will automatically qualify, YOU SEE! For the European teams, only the first will qualify. The second will qualify for playoffs. Can you now see how difficult it is? undecided
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
Iaz93: There's something you don't understand. The groups consisting of South American teams is not the same as that consisting of European teams, where they have only 4 teams in a group. For the South Americans, they have about 9teams in a group. The first four will automatically qualify, YOU SEE! For the European teams, only the first will qualify. The second will qualify for playoffs. Can you now see how difficult it is? undecided
yes I know all that and I understand you. Let's not derail and pretend. The bone of contention here is- between messi and ronaldo, who performed better for his country in the qualifiers? Argentina did not just qualify, they topped a group with uruguay, paraguay, chile, ecuador, colombia, etc and messi waas the top scorer. Portugal had no business not qualifying automatically ahead of russia, isreal, northern ireland and asome unknown quantities. Now everybody is resting, they are still stressing with qualifiers. So my simple question again is- messi or ronaldo who performed better for his country in the brazil 2014 world cup qualifiers?
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Iaz93: 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
ddippset: yes I know all that and I understand you. Let's not derail and pretend. The bone of contention here is- between messi and ronaldo, who performed better for his country in the qualifiers? Argentina did not just qualify, they topped a group with uruguay, paraguay, chile, ecuador, colombia, etc and messi waas the top scorer. Portugal had no business not qualifying automatically ahead of russia, isreal, northern ireland and asome unknown quantities. Now everybody is resting, they are still stressing with qualifiers. So my simple question again is- messi or ronaldo who performed better for his country in the brazil 2014 world cup qualifiers?
Why wouldnt he be the highest goal scorer, when he played more matches undecided Imagine just 4 abi na 5 teams in one group, do you think finishing first would be easy?

Which unknown quantities are you talking of?
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Polio: 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
ddippset: fvck epl. Tell ronaldo to go to serie a or come to nigerian league to prove himself. Stop blamsphening ronaldo will never be at par with messi. Shoe get size.He couldn't even prove himself against athletico. If he had proved himself against russia he would be resting by now. Yes he needs ballon dor, he has been crying for it for 5 years.Mumu.

Oi who the fu..ck are you?

Where did you get the nerves to quote me? was i having a convo with you?

I won't bother with you again till you come you improve your command of english tremendously, till your written english is at an advanced level, till you demonstrate that you know the game well and understand the comparison is about individual influence and performances... Open up a thread if you satisfy all of the requirements... Till then, i dont have time for idio...ts whose command of english is absolutely pathetic

I dont have time for numbskulls and foo..ls who go round quoting intelligent posts and replying with un-intelligent and grammatical blunder laden crap!

Fuc..king pleb!
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Polio: 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2013
joybouabre: Hello my dear
Nice to meet you now,
My name is joy please contact me
back in my e-mail address joybouabre@live.com and I will give you
my picture and further details thank tongue :Ps wink wink wink wink wink wink

Get lost Joy, this is a sports section!

Toad
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
Iaz93: Why wouldnt he be the highest goal scorer, when he played more matches undecided Imagine just 4 abi na 5 teams in one group, do you think finishing first would be easy?

Which unknown quantities are you talking of?
wtf are you talking about? Messi even played 3 matches less in the south american zone yet he was the second top scorer! Second top IN THAT ZONE! unknown quantities-israel, nothern ireland, azerbijan, etc
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by ddippset(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

Oi who the fu..ck are you?

Where did you get the nerves to quote me? was i having a convo with you?

I won't bother with you again till you come you improve your command of english tremendously, till your written english is at an advanced level, till you demonstrate that you know the game well and understand the comparison is about individual influence and performances... Open up a thread if you satisfy all of the requirements... Till then, i dont have time for idio...ts whose command of english is absolutely pathetic

I dont have time for numbskulls and foo..ls who go round quoting intelligent posts and replying with un-intelligent and grammatical blunder laden crap!

Fuc..king pleb!
lol. As long as you keep putting up 1mbecilic posts, I will quote you b1aaaaaatch! I don't blame you at all. The federal govt should call off this ASUU strike and let these worms who have invaded this thread get back to class. Damn iam almost puking on this nvmb nut. He prolly thinks that my use of the word 'proved' is wrong in this context, and he's here to correct my english. D0UCHEBAG! Stop blaspheming.
Re: Portugal Vs Sweden - World Cup Play-offs (1 - 0) On 15th November 2013 by Iaz93: 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
ddippset: wtf are you talking about? Messi even played 3 matches less in the south american zone yet he was the second top scorer! Second top IN THAT ZONE! unknown quantities-israel, nothern ireland, azerbijan, etc
Messi played more matches, period!

Portugal topped those teams. Russia just came first due to Portugal's carelessness against Israel.

See, stop spewing thrash, biko!

If Portugal had played the number of matches Argentina played, they'd have topped the group. . .and they'd have scored more goals.

You think European Groups are as easy as that of the South American's? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Shares Major Throwback Photo / Anthony Joshua: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is My Inspiration / Nigeria defeat Senegal to win Afro basketball Female Nations Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.