Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? (22041 Views)

See how deceitful cosmetics can be. / What Brand Of Makeup Is Your Favorite? / What Are You Wearing This Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by yhuci(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
This picture has been floating around the internet for sometime and it’s caused quite a stir. Believe it or not, both of the women in the picture above, are the same, unnamed person. Melissa Murphy, the makeup artist, posted the images on Reddit, with the caption: “Makeup. That’s it.”
The woman’s nose has been contoured, her new, false lashes, make her eyes pop, she’s been given higher cheekbones and the foundation has masked the freckles from her forehead to her chest.
I doubt anyone would argue that the woman doesn’t look drastically different. But some are debating whether or not wearing this much makeup is deceiving. Which raises a good question. If a man met the woman on the right and approached her, he would certainly feel a deceived if she showed up for their first date or woke up in his bed the next morning looking like the woman on the left.

The women on another site brought up the point that perhaps this woman isn’t wearing this much makeup attempting to attract a man. Perhaps she’s doing it for herself because this is how she wants to look. But then another commenter took issue with that as well. She claimed that if this woman went through these lengths to mask her natural appearance, then she’s clearly not comfortable or hasn’t accepted who she is.
One man tried to come up with an equivalent saying, what if a man wore prosthetic muscles that he later removed. Wouldn’t the woman feel deceived?
What do you make of this? Is this much makeup deceitful?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by uzoo: 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
Personally i think its deceptive.

As much as i hate to admit it i have to say that too much or rather heavy make up on a daily basis ages the skin. It does make you look unbelievably beautiful and sometimes unrecognisable when you take a look at the the ''before'' and ''after'' pictures.

The picture looks good, But its certainly not what i would go through daily to achieve a beautiful face,bronzing ,concealing ,contouring and all that,as it is the nose that runs in my family is so contoured you would think we are arabs (...lol) Not to mention eye brows that are climbing their way to the hair on my head . its very uncomfortable and i always like to treat the issues i have on my face and not cover them up or disguise them all the time.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 13, 2013
Wow. I ain't gonna lie but she looks beautiful in the second picture.

I've seen a lot of makeup gurus on youtube who wear a great deal of nakeup. When they take it off, you just want to shout "Chineke". Under all that heavy makeup you just see pimples, acne scaring and hyperpigmented skin. Gosh the list is endless.

That's why I only use makeup on a occasions, I just feel if I wear makeup everyday I'm creating this false image of myself. I mean you can wear your mascara and your lip glosses but when you start to bring your contouring kit, that's a whole new dimension.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by mariM(f): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2013
She is beautiful, yes but I think being natural is the best.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by 9jahubcom(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
hmmmm.....
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by WhoDeyThere(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Its not fair..........
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by 100ksalescom(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Dunno
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by 4reigningqueen: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
hmmm
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
u wont even notice if she is the same person. any ways we hide a lot of things even with our cloths on

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by adtiezy1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Not happy at all with
the way some Yoruba
women reply to
questions. My last visit to Ibadan, I
was very thirsty so I
stopped at one woman
selling sobo and I
asked. :Mama sobo yin
tutu? And the woman answered "Obo
iya e lo ma tutu!"

24 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by pappilo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Maybe Beyonce is not even beautiful in real life....... Only God and Jay Z will know.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by samocci012: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin power of makeup grin who dem dey deceive Mtcheeeeew pls just b real and stay natural tongue grin
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by francoflex: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
If my babe do any mak up ehna na die o. I love dem natural
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by ifedayogal(f): 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
adaobi123: Wow. I ain't gonna lie but she looks beautiful in the second picture.

I've seen a lot of makeup gurus on youtube who wear a great deal of nakeup. When they take it off, you just want to shout "Chineke". Under all that heavy makeup you just see pimples, acne scaring and hyperpigmented skin. Gosh the list is endless.

That's why I only use makeup on a occasions, I just feel if I wear makeup everyday I'm creating this false image of myself. I mean you can wear your mascara and your lip glosses but when you start to bring your contouring kit, that's a whole new dimension.
you av said it all
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by packman: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6704326656/h087EA2CD/[/img]

[size=40pt]THAT'S WHAT I THINK........ [/size]

16 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
There should be a legislation against this level of duplicity. A taskforce should also be innaugurated to prosecute women that create multi-faces. I am awed shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by intergral(m): 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
How e take concern ASUU!
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
mariM: She is beautiful, yes but I think being natural is the best.
angry Are u suffering from "half-past vision"

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by samocci012: 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
grin
adtiezy1: Not happy at all with
the way some Yoruba
women reply to
was very thirsty so I
stopped at one woman
selling sobo and I
iya e lo ma tutu!"
. grin grin grin grin grin na wa for u oooooooo grin dirty mind tongue
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by nerodenero: 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
To an extent, I think it not too nice to wear excessive makeups. Most men approach women based on looks and everything put together arose their feelings. Imagine the last report about that Asian lady that had a facial surgery and ended up bearing "wowos" as children. The husband ended up claiming damages for the lies and torture of having to live with "wowo" children. For me, excessive makeups is a no-no. Permit me to say it is fraud.
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by airclipse(m): 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Chinekegrin
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by oguash: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
yes
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Beaf1: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
If she can put some 'powder' on to conceal the oily face on the left picture she will still look beautiful to me. Is that make-up really 'heavy'?

Apart from making the spots on her face disappear (obviously by rubbing some powdered substance) and the coily hair on the right picture I didnt see anything different. She's got beautiful eyes in they appear same in both pics.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Lakayanah: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
What? I am not through with our local Brazilian hair problem why should I bother myself with some ugly freckled oyinbo make up.
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Olugbenger(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
abeg, just do and use what's best for you.
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Vicjay1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
shocked shocked shocked Just look at the difference..... shocked Operation wash ur makeup. Let me see the real person u re. Is not good ooo. they are living in deceit. God is watching u.
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by nerodenero: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
the way some Yoruba
women reply to
was very thirsty so I
stopped at one woman
selling sobo and I
iya e lo ma tutu!"
How this your matter take affect the topic of discussion sad

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Danhumprey: 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ladies and make-up are an insepable pair.

I won,t lie. She look beautiful,but slightly deceptive. wink
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Olugbenger(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
the way some Yoruba
women reply to
was very thirsty so I
stopped at one woman
selling sobo and I
iya e lo ma tutu!"
stale...
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by devour129: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nigerian ladies have passed this stage. girls are surgically increasing there boobs ,hips,bottom and you guys are still talking about make-up.half of Lagos are carrying new noses. summer is the best season ! they travel,do there thing ,recuperate n come back to flaunt there selves.
Re: Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? by Big4wig(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
beauty without intelligence is just a display of cosmetic foolishness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyin Aimakhu's Outfit To An Event - Hit Or Miss? / Really Good Hair Extensions / Crusader Medicated Soap Is Harm Ful To Health Dx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.