Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Cambridge A Levels!!!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge A Levels!!!!! (27113 Views)

Unclad Twerker Now In Studying For A-Levels / 10 Year Old Nigerian Passes A Levels / Where Can A-levels Be Done In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Majority of us must have heard about Cambridge A levels, one way or the other but not everyone knows what it really entails or details about it.. Providing details about A levels will really help someone in need of it, someone like me..
Details required;
(1) Name of schools accredited for Cambridge A levels. (preferrably Enugu State)
(2) Location of schools.
(3) Duration.
(4) Fees range.
(5) Requirements.
(6) Start date.
(7) End date.
[8] Benefits... etc
All other added information about Cambridge A levels will be so greatly appreciated.. Thanks..
SIGNED; Aliciakeys(12/11/2013 22:31)

1 Like

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Waiting for replies.... Help a sister!! Help a brother.. Please come forth if you know any.. Gracias..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by boay(m): 11:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
#patiently following#
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
i know...
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by boay(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
chukwuma00: i know...
Oya tell us sir
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
eating popcorn , sucking fan vanille and reading the replies with quotes
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
boay:
Oya tell us sir
but i'm better with d ones in lagos.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwuma00:
Any1 will be very much appreciated... An insight in it will provide a headway.. Thanks..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2013
FrancisTony:
eating popcorn , sucking fan vanille and reading the replies with quotes
#grabs popcorn from him# Ds issue has made me tired and hungry, and u r hia jolificating..... Get down 2 d biz of researching abt ds, dats y u r ma *******
Expectin sumtin frm U... Gracias..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by boay(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwuma00:
Please tell us, someone is starving already because of the information. I believe you wont want the person to die
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
I yr or 2 yrs, or 6 months grin u see. I finished a'levels four months ago
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Cambridge alevels is a gud tin to do,it opens ur head to think wide and prepares u 4 d uni environment.i did alevel in 2012 nd by God's grace im an undergraduate of medicine now.so u are free to ask me any questns,if its within my scope of knowldge,il ansa .thanks
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Cambridge alevels is a gud programme to run,it opens one's head to think wide and prepares one 4 d uni environment.i did alevel in 2012 nd by God's grace im an undergraduate of medicine now.so u are free to ask me any questns,if its within my scope of knowldge,il ansa .thanks

1 Like

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
slord: Cambridge alevels is a gud programme to run,it opens one's head to think wide and prepares one 4 d uni environment.i did alevel in 2012 nd by God's grace im an undergraduate of medicine now.so u are free to ask me any questns,if its within my scope of knowldge,il ansa .thanks
please answer...
1. Which sch did u do it?
2. What ws d duration?
3. Which sch r u in now?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by boay(m): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Here are the questions
AliciaDetails required;
(1) Name of schools accredited for Cambridge A levels. (preferrably Enugu State)
(2) Location of schools.
(3) Duration.
(4) Fees range.
(5) Requirements.
(6) Start date.
(7) End date.
[8:

Benefits... etc
All other added information about Cambridge A levels will be so greatly appreciated.. Thanks..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
chukwuma00:
please answer...
1. Which sch did u do it?
2. What ws d duration?
3. Which sch r u in now?
1.I did it at Ascending college,ibadan. 2.d duration is 1yr. 3.im in university of ibadan nw
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Aliciakeys: Majority of us must have heard about Cambridge A levels, one way or the other but not everyone knows what it really entails or details about it.. Providing details about A levels will really help someone in need of it, someone like me..
Details required;
(2) Location of schools.
(3) Duration.
(4) Fees range.
(5) Requirements.
(6) Start date.
(7) End date.
[8] Benefits... etc
.the schools i knw of are d ones in ibadan..the duration is 1yr in most schools bt 2yrs in sum schools(normally its suposd to b 2yrs,one year for AS nd 1yr for A2).The fees vary 4rm skul to skul,so i might nt b able to give details on that.Generally d requirememt is jst 5 credits in waec bt alot of skuls wud admit u even if u fail waec,its private busnes nw,lol.The benefits are numerous- 1.the syllabus is tailored to suit the UK Curriculum.as against d nigerian system it gives u mre insight into research nd practicals,d curriculum is such dat would make u think,outside the box,i mean. 2.it prepares u 4 d university environment.u are exposed to pseudo-campus conditns,these predispose u to wat is obtainable in d ivory towers in almost,if nt all,ramifications. 3.IT ENABLES YOU TO GET INTO 200L IN ANY UNI WITHOUT JAMB!(i knw ul like dis one).d result can be usd to get direct entry admisn into any uni,unlike IJMB dat is restrictd to sum northern unis,it is virtually unrestricted. 4.it can give you admisn into universities abroad especially in the U.K.(altho to go u mst b financially buoyant,u knw cos of our weak currency)5.it is a life certificate! It would be in ur CV for life and who knows,it might jst be wat wud give u edge. Also,it boosts ur chances of getting postgraduate placements in the U.K.There may b lots more bt al d way d stuff no b beans o,uv gat to study hard,bt with God,itl b easy 4 u. Thank YOU

1 Like

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Aliciakeys: Majority of us must have heard about Cambridge A levels, one way or the other but not everyone knows what it really entails or details about it.. Providing details about A levels will really help someone in need of it, someone like me..
Details required;
(2) Location of schools.
(3) Duration.
(4) Fees range.
(5) Requirements.
(6) Start date.
(7) End date.
[8] Benefits... etc
I don't really know any centre in Enugu but I did mine at Educational Advancement Centre(EAC), Bodija, Ibadan. The duration in Nigeria is normally 10months but it also depends on individual intelligence because I've seen someone that spent less than 6months and still had the best result in the world(A*A*A*) and I also spent 6months and I've been admitted as well. Some even decide to spend 2years which is the duration abroad. Talking about the fees; it can be divided into 2 (I) The tuition fee: this varies from one centre to another. (ii)The Exam fee: It also depends on the subject combination but the exam fee is now over 100k.
The date of commencement also vary because there are 2 exams in a year just like the popular WAEC. We have the May/June and the Oct/Nov., therefore I leave you to the calculation of 10months interval but I'll advice anybody to take May/June. Same goes for the end date. Lastly, the benefit of cambridge A' levels cannot be over emphasised especially when compared to UTME. It can be used anywhere in the world, it can be included in your C.V because it doesn't expire, it can be used to seek employment, it can be used to gain admission directly into 200L just to mention a few. Let me give you this testimony about Cambridge A' levels. John and Samuel are graduates of Petroleum Engineering. John graduated with first class while Samuel graduated with 2:1 but has A' levels. There come a day the went to for an interview at Exxon Mobile and they employed Samuel who had 2:1 believing he's more practical since he hold a cambridge A' levels certificate. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
slord: 1.I did it at Ascending college,ibadan. 2.d duration is 1yr. 3.im in university of ibadan nw
and lastly, what was the minimum grade point last year for ui admission(mbbs), and of course, your grade point.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
To wrap it up, I did mine at D'ivy College, Ota, Ogun State. I finished AS & A2 in eight months. Its very challenging crashing a two year programme, but by the Grace of God, I came out alive, and with good grades. 'what doesnt kill you makes you stronger'. If you go through A'level programme successfully, you become more sophisticated!

1 Like

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
@Jayjags,what skul are u now,a gud numba of ma frnds finished from EAC,infact dats where i wrote my exam.nd also what set did u finish
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
chukwuma00:
and lastly, what was the minimum grade point last year for ui admission(mbbs), and of course, your grade point.
.minimum grade point 4 mbbs was abt 13pts.my grade point is 18,wat of urs?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
slord: .minimum grade point 4 mbbs was abt 13pts.my grade point is 18,wat of urs?
same..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2013
Great one there Jayjagz. You said it all. I rep EAC. If I may ask, what was your combination?
Now you forgot to add that one could only make a headway if one has a good result... If you wanna go in for A'level, you gotta be ready for real work. If you're a lazy type, forget it.
And it's rather unfortunate that some Nigerian universities does not really recognise the A levels...
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 6:41am On Nov 14, 2013
slord: .minimum grade point 4 mbbs was abt 13pts.my grade point is 18,wat of urs?

The max A'level pointS is 16. So how could you have had 18? undecided or you had A* parallel?? grin
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 8:38am On Nov 14, 2013
Sanguine:

The max A'level pointS is 16. So how could you have had 18? undecided or you had A* parallel?? grin
Yea,by God's grace.wat set did u finish from EAC and where ar u nw
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by boay(m): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2013
You these cambridge A level guys, you are tempting me to withdrawn from my school, a university and go for Cambridge.....
I refuse to be tempted....
Though the program is wonderful

1 Like

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2013
Sanguine:

The max A'level points is 19.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 14, 2013
boay: You these cambridge A level guys, you are tempting me to withdrawn from my school, a university and go for Cambridge.....
I refuse to be tempted....
Though the program is wonderful
I thought you were starving grin
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by boay(m): 11:14am On Nov 14, 2013
chukwuma00:
I thought you were starving grin
No, not me. Just soliciting for a sister
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
chukwuma00:
i thought dy said d maximum is 18 cos they dnt add the extra one point if u get A* parallel.anyways,its al gud
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by sammy329(m): 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
chukwuma00:
maximum point is 16
A* and A carries the same point

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of 8 Kano Students Accident Victims (photos) / The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) / Okorocha Invests Innoson As IMSU Chancellor (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.