Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Cambridge A Levels!!!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge A Levels!!!!! (27151 Views)

Unclad Twerker Now In Studying For A-Levels / 10 Year Old Nigerian Passes A Levels / Where Can A-levels Be Done In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
slord: i thought dy said d maximum is 18 cos they dnt add the extra one point if u get A* parallel.anyways,its al gud
shocked shocked really!
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
slord: i thought dy said d maximum is 18 cos they dnt add the extra one point if u get A* parallel.anyways,its al gud
shocked shocked really?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
sammy329: maximum point is 16
A* and A carries the same point
pls, i dont completely agree... Then what was the use of the A* grade?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Double tuales 2 Chukwuma, slord, Sanguine and Sammy... You all just equipped someone with a rare knowledge...
Thanks to Boay, my tutor and mentor....
Still expecting the names of more centres esp in Enugu and Phc, the fee range should also be included.. Gracias..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Babanl(m): 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
There is an error on the title, Cambridge not cambride.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Babanl(m): 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
Eac Ibadan
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
A* is 6pts,dats wats written on ma statement of results
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Babanl(m): 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
slord: A* is 6pts,dats wats written on ma statement of results
bros check it again oo, because a* is 5pts smiley
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 6:46am On Nov 15, 2013
Baba_nl: There is an error on the title, Cambridge not cambride.
Thanks alot for pointing that out..
Please do you have anything to add esp in providing names of centres, preferrably Enugu State or Phc.. Thanks.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2013
Baba_nl: Eac Ibadan
Please tell me more about EAC; like the fees, duration, boarding facilties, start/end date, registration etc..
Thanks.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Baba_nl: bros check it again oo, because a* is 5pts smiley
Reading from my statement of results, paragraph 3, line 6.
GCE A Level results are reported on a 6-point scale of grades....., grade A*(a*) being the highest and grade E(e) the lowest. Isnt that so slord?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 9:04am On Nov 15, 2013
slord: @Jayjags,what skul are u now,a gud numba of ma frnds finished from EAC,infact dats where i wrote my exam.nd also what set did u finish
I'm now a Law student of UI and I finished 2011.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 9:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Sanguine: Great one there Jayjagz. You said it all. I rep EAC. If I may ask, what was your combination?
Now you forgot to add that one could only make a headway if one has a good result... If you wanna go in for A'level, you gotta be ready for real work. If you're a lazy type, forget it.
And it's rather unfortunate that some Nigerian universities does not really recognise the A levels...
Wow! Good! My subject combination was EHL. I think a common man should know that those benefits accrue to successful candidates alone; no pain, no gain but thanks sha. It's hard work as you said oo. I could remember that J-rapha doctor asking me whether I want to die or I want to leave because he said I should take at least 8hours rest a day and I said no.....Lolz.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2013
Aliciakeys: Double tuales 2 Chukwuma, slord, Sanguine and Sammy... You all just equipped someone with a rare knowledge...
Thanks to Boay, my tutor and mentor....
Still expecting the names of more centres esp in Enugu and Phc, the fee range should also be included.. Gracias..
Where's my own tuale? sad
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by VirgoHillz: 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
The fees for EAC ibadan reg is 10k the fees is around 250k hostel is 120k for 6months and you will by text books dat cost abt 20k my junior sis is considering going for the programme..

Note: the examination fees is not included.. you will still have to pay for it and it largely depends on the exchange rate of the pounds to naira next year so if you are interested you can call me on :08179007377
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
chukwuma00:
Reading from my statement of results, paragraph 3, line 6.
GCE A Level results are reported on a 6-point scale of grades....., grade A*(a*) being the highest and grade E(e) the lowest. Isnt that so slord?
thank u sir,thats exactly wats written on mine also
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
jayjagz: I'm now a Law student of UI and I finished 2011.
great one man,i'm a uite also,a katangite to b precise.what hall are u?,or na agbowo hall?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
Anybody interestd in taking d programme at ib,precisely at ascending college where i finishd,u can send me a mail-segunafolaranmi@gmail.com
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
jayjagz: Wow! Good! My subject combination was EHL. I think a common man should know that those benefits accrue to successful candidates alone; no pain, no gain but thanks sha. It's hard work as you said oo. I could remember that J-rapha doctor asking me whether I want to die or I want to leave because he said I should take at least 8hours rest a day and I said no.....Lolz.

Waoh! EHL is HELLL... Like serious hell... Sometimes I pity you guys... With that drama queen you had as a literature teacher and that potbellied 'OD' grin grin. Good to know you're in the UI now. I did May/June 2012 (EBA).
You musta been in the hostel for you to have visited J-raphal. Lol.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by akereconfi: 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
chukwuma00: To wrap it up, I did mine at D'ivy College, Ota, Ogun State. I finished AS & A2 in eight months. Its very challenging crashing a two year programme, but by the Grace of God, I came out alive, and with good grades. 'what doesnt kill you makes you stronger'. If you go through A'level programme successfully, you become more sophisticated!

what year did you do your A level..............do you know patty blaize, Solomom, Kelex, richard sotonye..................they were all my peeps. I did my AS n A2 in Cambridge College Ikeja
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 16, 2013
akereconfi:

what year did you do your A level..............do you know patty blaize, Solomom, Kelex, richard sotonye..................they were all my peeps. I did my AS n A2 in Cambridge College Ikeja
2013. Yes, i also knew obomate, constance, awaji, daniella, nsam, and bridget......., u'r not in nigeria, are you? Do u know Mr Chuks Amuta? grin
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by VirgoHillz: 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
Aliciakeys: Majority of us must have heard about Cambridge A levels, one way or the other but not everyone knows what it really entails or details about it.. Providing details about A levels will really help someone in need of it, someone like me..
Details required;
(1) Name of schools accredited for Cambridge A levels. (preferrably Enugu State)
(2) Location of schools.
(3) Duration.
(4) Fees range.
(5) Requirements.
(6) Start date.
(7) End date.
[8] Benefits... etc
All other added information about Cambridge A levels will be so greatly appreciated.. Thanks..
SIGNED; Aliciakeys(12/11/2013 22:31)
You can gain admission into 2nd year of any university of your choice by registering for Cambridge A-levels at Doyen Academy.
Doyen Academy is an accredited center for Cambridge International Exams and prepares students for Cambrige Advanced Exam. Visit us at Nkoplogwu Emene Road Enugu state or call 07032772152
You can visit the website www.doyenacademy.org or e-mail doyenacademy@yahoo.com
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2013
Olivia Pope: Hi everyone, I was admitted into the University of Benin to study ''Optometry'', I was 3points behind the aggregate for MBBS so I was given something close . It's not a bad course but it's not what I want.

I never really knew something like this existed and I'm glad I came across this. I don't wanna go through the rigmarole of UTME and POST UTME again. So I have few questions for y'all and I would appreciate a reply ASAP.

Well, it's great you came accross this and in time. Now I'd answer your questions as much as I can...

[b]1) Where is the centre in Lagos state
.... I'm not quite conversant with the centres in Lagos but I can tell you there quite a good number of them. Though a bit expensive.

2)Will the university of Lagos accept it for MBBS?...
Yes Any university would accept Cambridge A'level for whatever course. But for MBBS, you gotta have nothing less than 14-16points.

3)What time of the year does it start?
... There are usually two diets; May/June diet and October/November diet. For most centres, the session has started for the May/June Diet.

4)How much do I need, not just school fees but all other expenses. I need an aggregate
... Like I said, it is quite expensive especially if you're gonna be staying in the hostel.

5)I heard I can automatically be admitted into 200L, how true is this
... Yes, that's exactly the purpose of The Cambridge A'level; to catapault you straight to 200l. But that is if you make the required grades for your course of choice.

6)Are there age restrictions?
... NO. There are no age restrictions. There was a Married woman who did A'level in my set. But as it were, she couldn' cope with the stress.

7)What are the textbooks I'll need so as to start preparing before-hand. Is it just the normal sec/school textbooks?[/b]
.... There are specific Cambridge recommended books. But since you do not have any yet, You could just start preparing with the textbooks you used to prepare for Jamb...

Thanks for your reply. GodBless and happy sunday! smiley

You've any more questions? I'd be real glad to respond as prompt and as best as I could.

CHEERRSS!!
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 9:14am On Nov 17, 2013
slord: great one man,i'm a uite also,a katangite to b precise.what hall are u?,or na agbowo hall?
Lol. Actually, I'm a Bellite.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 9:19am On Nov 17, 2013
Sanguine:

Waoh! EHL is HELLL... Like serious hell... Sometimes I pity you guys... With that drama queen you had as a literature teacher and that potbellied 'OD' grin grin. Good to know you're in the UI now. I did May/June 2012 (EBA).
You musta been in the hostel for you to have visited J-raphal. Lol.
Hehe! In fact, many people don't pity us ooo. They believe EHL is just too easy. In fact, it wasn't easy with those tutors at all. Imagine, nobody was recommended for EHL but all the same I thank God because I was the last person to get to EAC among those of us who took the exam but he has always been merciful. It will amaze you to know I also took May/June 2012. You fans of Mr. Obama......sorry, Odama.smiley
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2013
jayjagz: Hehe! In fact, many people don't pity us ooo. They believe EHL is just too easy. In fact, it wasn't easy with those tutors at all. Imagine, nobody was recommended for EHL but all the same I thank God because I was the last person to get to EAC among those of us who took the exam but he has always been merciful. It will amaze you to know I also took May/June 2012. You fans of Mr. Obama......sorry, Odama.smiley

You took May/June 2012?? Ok now you gotta be kidding me. Now I'm tryna guess who you are... undecided ok just whisper your name. Nobody will hear see it. grin wink
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by planetuzor(m): 11:21am On Nov 17, 2013
I can see somebody here!!! She can like to talk abt Cambridge..grin cheesy
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2013
planetuzor: I can see somebody here!!! She can like to talk abt Cambridge..grin cheesy

grin. You this man from another planet! Who put you on my trail
Anyway, just giving some kind of awareness as regards the programme especially in this era of 'almighty JAMB' always JAMMING people, ain such a bad idea, is it? As apparently a good number of people really do not know what it is about.
Afterall, Knowledge our elders say, is POWER!
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
jayjagz: Lol. Actually, I'm a Bellite.
whao dats kul,na ma 2nd hall b dat
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Sanguine:

You took May/June 2012?? Ok now you gotta be kidding me. Now I'm tryna guess who you are... undecided ok just whisper your name. Nobody will hear see it. grin wink
If you do that I don't think it's bad wink
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
jayjagz: If you do that I don't think it's bad wink

undecided don't you quote me again!! angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex For Marks In Nigerian Universities: The Untold Stories! / NDA Dismisses 18 Cadets For Exam Malpractices, Brutality, Indiscipline / Facts About Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.