Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Cambridge A Levels!!!!! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge A Levels!!!!! (27136 Views)

Unclad Twerker Now In Studying For A-Levels / 10 Year Old Nigerian Passes A Levels / Where Can A-levels Be Done In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Teenzy(f): 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Been really thinkn of doing my A level programme @EAC...i really need smeone 2 give me an insight on when its really ok 4 me 2 start...was planning 2 start around Jan/Feb bt i really dnt know if its gonna tally with UI admission nxt year...op its nt gonna be too late..seriously,I really need answers...Again is it d same fees 4 those people going 4 fewer mths instead of 10mnth?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
Teenzy: Been really thinkn of doing my A level programme @EAC...i really need smeone 2 give me an insight on when its really ok 4 me 2 start...was planning 2 start around Jan/Feb bt i really dnt know if its gonna tally with UI admission nxt year...op its nt gonna be too late..seriously,I really need answers...Again is it d same fees 4 those people going 4 fewer mths instead of 10mnth?

Young lady, if you wanna start Jan/Feb 2014 like you said that means you may have to take the Oct/Nov 2014 diet or even the next May/June ie in 2015... unless you have all that strength and tenacity (if you know what I mean) to take the May/June 2014 diet.
Just incase you ain aware, The UI is still in her second semester. So all things being equal the 2013/2014 sesssion as it were, should commence around June/July 2014. So your Cambridge result woulda been in your hands before the next admission processes. And I'd advice you to spread your risk as much as you could... Do not put all your eggs in UI's basket.
Now as for the fees, I really cannot say much about that... You may have to go find that out for yourself.

GOODLUCK. smiley
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Teenzy(f): 7:09am On Dec 16, 2013
Sanguine:
Young lady, if you wanna start Jan/Feb 2014 like you said that means you may have to take the Oct/Nov 2014 diet or even the next May/June ie in 2015... unless you have all that strength and tenacity (if you know what I mean) to take the May/June 2014 diet.
Just incase you ain aware, The UI is still in her second semester. So all things being equal the 2013/2014 sesssion as it were, should commence around June/July 2014. So your Cambridge result woulda been in your hands before the next admission processes. And I'd advice you to spread your risk as much as you could... Do not put all your eggs in UI's basket.
Now as for the fees, I really cannot say much about that... You may have to go find that out for yourself.

GOODLUCK. smiley
...Tnx a bunch 4 helping out.I really appreciate it.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Benwems(m): 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
I hear school do cheat or runs the A level exam for their students. How true is this?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by gibiano: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
Please does any1 have any info about 2014 Cambridge A level programme Ibadan.....
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by snowfish: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2014
Hello @ all . Please ,are you through with your cambridge A'level exams ,stay in ibadan or it's environs( south west) and wish to dispose off your used recommended textbooks for the cambridge Advanced level exams in the following subjects: physics,chemistry and biology that are "recent editions" @ a not expensive amount ? Kindly contact me on 08057893012 (call or text) . Thanks.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by bayoowo: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Have you heard about Global Cambridge College?
The College has d dual approval of British Council & Nigeria Government for Cambridge A'Level.
The location of the school is the best in Ibadan.
For some years now, the school has been producing A*A*A*.
Located at a serene environment conducive for learning at No 12, Rotimi Williams avenue off Awosika avenue old Bodija, Ibadan.
Contact no: +2348034661034
www.Global Cambridge College.com
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by privatetisa(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2017
SAT PREPARATORY CLASSES
The SAT is a very essential examination taken by students seeking admission into American universities.
Broadly speaking, it consists of two major subjects: English Language and Mathematics. The English Language test is further divided into three areas: Reading, Evidence-based Writing and Essay(Optional test).
The SAT is now known as 'The Redesigned SAT' - starting from March 2016. The major element/feature of The Redesigned SAT is its requirement for in-depth analytical ability on the part of the students taking the examination. American educators believe that people coming to study in their colleges and universities or those coming to work in their various institutions should have an optimal level of intellectual ability to do creative and result-oriented work.
At the Be-Noble Home School, we, the tutors, know the strategies for scoring marks above 1350/1600 in The Redesigned SAT. We do not only teach these strategies to our students but we ensure that they fully adopt and effectively use them.
Our aim is to have some of our students having the perfect score of 1600/1600.
For a good and result-oriented tutor to prepare your child for the SAT, contact Teacher Femi( (DeProf) on 08168974531 08093162871
Private Tutor Teacher Home Lesson School Exam Good SAT ACT JAMB SSCE WAEC GCE Checkpoint IGSCE Adult Education Mathematics English Reading Writing Science ICAN ATS Learning Difficulty Problem Challenge Dyslexia Dyxcalculia Preparation Preparatory High Perfect Score Lagos Island Ikeja Lekki Ajah Ikoyi Victoria VGC
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by privatetisa(m): 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
https://lagoshometutors..com

Lagos Home Tutors..
Best Private Teachers in Lagos.
Be-Noble Home School, Lagos.

SAT TOEFL IGCSE SSCE(WAEC & NECO) UTME(JAMB) Common Entrance Exams

Teacher Femi(DeProf) 08168974531, 08093162871

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by docyomex(m): 11:47am On Dec 08, 2017
I'm in the same dilemma now oo
I have to choose either the may/June exam because I want to resume 2019@ UI .. . Or the November one so that I'm sure I'll pass well but this one I'll resume 2020 wasting time again
I should have started August ooo now we're in December 2017
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by docyomex(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2017
And also I'd like to meet this prof Emeritus - sanguine [color=#000099][/color] grin cheesy cool
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by neutonbabs20(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2017
docyomex:
I'm in the same dilemma now oo
I have to choose either the may/June exam because I want to resume 2019@ UI .. . Or the November one so that I'm sure I'll pass well but this one I'll resume 2020 wasting time again
I should have started August ooo now we're in December 2017
...IT DEPENDS ON YOU...COS I JUST FINISHED. MY ALEVELS IN EAC PERIOD OF 7MONTHS AND I CAN THANK GOD AT D END...AND I KNOW PPLE WITHIN D LAST 5 MONTHS CAME OUT WITH GOOD RESULT..IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU..THO THE OCT NOV ISNT BAD EITHER BUT CNT RESUME 2019 UNTIL 2020.COS DEY JUST CONCLUDED THE OCT NOV AND ANODER SESSION HAS STARTED...THE NEXT OCT NOV EXAM WILL BE NXT YR OCT..AND RESULTS COMES OUT JAN..FOR OCT NOV
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by pabostt: 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
neutonbabs20:
...IT DEPENDS ON YOU...COS I JUST FINISHED. MY ALEVELS IN EAC PERIOD OF 7MONTHS AND I CAN THANK GOD AT D END...AND I KNOW PPLE WITHIN D LAST 5 MONTHS CAME OUT WITH GOOD RESULT..IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU..THO THE OCT NOV ISNT BAD EITHER BUT CNT RESUME 2019 UNTIL 2020.COS DEY JUST CONCLUDED THE OCT NOV AND ANODER SESSION HAS STARTED...THE NEXT OCT NOV EXAM WILL BE NXT YR OCT..AND RESULTS COMES OUT JAN..FOR OCT NOV

You are very correct. As a former EAC physics tutor i can categorically say that students with the best Cambridge A level result in EAC do not spend more than 7 months.

It really depend on the guy's foundation, once he has a solid foundation he/she will ace Cambridge A level
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by docyomex(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
neutonbabs20:
Anyone who did physics chemistry biology and finished in 5 months undecided
I'll do the Nov. One jare and maybe write jamb 2018
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by docyomex(m): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
neutonbabs20:
I feel like reading your experience there but no need..
Nobody's has complained about the fees grin
God provides sha cool
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by docyomex(m): 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
pabostt:

You are very correct. As a former EAC physics tutor i can categorically say that students with the best Cambridge A level result in EAC do not spend more than 7 months.

It really depend on the guy's foundation, once he has a solid foundation he/she will ace Cambridge A level
Thumbs up
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Mires: 11:00am On Apr 05, 2018
jayjagz:
concerning the fees; there might have been an increase considering the economic situation in Nigeria but it's should be around 250k+ for 2 semesters and it includes feeding, laundry among others. I don't really know about the female hostel but the boys hostel is mostly 4 in a room. The answer to the last question belongs to you because it is hinged on your ability, seriousness, determination, prospective course and desired grades. It is actually 10months for the 2 semesters, just like my oga said, but some don't spend up to such duration and they've achieved their goals. Although, they will doubt you and want to discourage you not to write the exam because they feel the duration is too short and they don't want you to waste your money. However, if you're determined and insistent, they'll ask you to write a letter of undertaken just like I was asked to. In short, you must be very prepared to face the battle if you're writing this May/june because anybody going for medicine needs at least 13points( though some schools don't take that e.g. Unilag). So it's no child's play but you won't regret writing the exam. Can someone bear me witness?

Well said! Having prepared students for Cambridge A level examinations in a number of years in one of the leading schools at Ibadan, one must be very ready for it. Over the years, all my students obtained A* (90 - 100) and A (80-89) with only about four students who ended up making B (4 point in a class of 70 - 79) in the subject both at AS and A2. A good number of my students graduated with First Class from the University of Ibadan and University of Warrick, UK.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Gbsks: 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mires:

Well said! Having prepared students for Cambridge A level examinations in a number of years in one of the leading schools at Ibadan, one must be very ready for it. Over the years, all my students obtained A* (90 - 100) and A (80-89) with only about four students who ended up making B (4 point in a class of 70 - 79) in the subject both at AS and A2. A good number of my students graduated with First Class from the University of Ibadan and University of Warrick, UK.
Hello sir, can I get your contact? I want to ask questions.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Mires: 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
Gbsks:
Hello sir, can I get your contact? I want to ask questions.

DM on e-mail so I can give you my contact
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Gbsks: 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mires:

DM on e-mail so I can give you my contact
I've sent it.. waiting....
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Mires: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
Gbsks:

I have replied.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Mires: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
Gbsks:

Hope you have seen it.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Gbsks: 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mires:

Hope you have seen it.
yes sir, is the number active on whatsapp? cos I tried adding it up. I don't mind having the one active on Whatsapp.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Mires: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Gbsks:
yes sir, is the number active on whatsapp? cos I tried adding it up. I don't mind having the one active on Whatsapp.

It is.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Gbsks: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Mires:

It is.
ok sir
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Muquadam(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
jayjagz:
I don't really know any centre in Enugu but I did mine at Educational Advancement Centre(EAC), Bodija, Ibadan. The duration in Nigeria is normally 10months but it also depends on individual intelligence because I've seen someone that spent less than 6months and still had the best result in the world(A*A*A*) and I also spent 6months and I've been admitted as well. Some even decide to spend 2years which is the duration abroad. Talking about the fees; it can be divided into 2 (I) The tuition fee: this varies from one centre to another. (ii)The Exam fee: It also depends on the subject combination but the exam fee is now over 100k.
The date of commencement also vary because there are 2 exams in a year just like the popular WAEC. We have the May/June and the Oct/Nov., therefore I leave you to the calculation of 10months interval BUT I'LL ADVICE ANYBODY TO TAKE MAY/JUNE. Same goes for the end date. Lastly, the benefit of cambridge A' levels cannot be over emphasised especially when compared to UTME. It can be used anywhere in the world, it can be included in your C.V because it doesn't expire, it can be used to seek employment, it can be used to gain admission directly into 200L just to mention a few. Let me give you this testimony about Cambridge A' levels. John and Samuel are graduates of Petroleum Engineering. John graduated with first class while Samuel graduated with 2:1 but has A' levels. There come a day the went to for an interview at Exxon Mobile and they employed Samuel who had 2:1 believing he's more practical since he hold a cambridge A' levels certificate. Good luck

Abeg why are you guys advising to take the May/June diet instead of the Oct/Nov? I'm really curious and confused here, shey there is something wrong the Oct/Nov diet ni?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Muquadam(m): 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
jayjagz:
I don't really know any centre in Enugu but I did mine at Educational Advancement Centre(EAC), Bodija, Ibadan. The duration in Nigeria is normally 10months but it also depends on individual intelligence because I've seen someone that spent less than 6months and still had the best result in the world(A*A*A*) and I also spent 6months and I've been admitted as well. Some even decide to spend 2years which is the duration abroad. Talking about the fees; it can be divided into 2 (I) The tuition fee: this varies from one centre to another. (ii)The Exam fee: It also depends on the subject combination but the exam fee is now over 100k.
The date of commencement also vary because there are 2 exams in a year just like the popular WAEC. We have the May/June and the Oct/Nov., therefore I leave you to the calculation of 10months interval BUT I'LL ADVICE ANYBODY TO TAKE MAY/JUNE. Same goes for the end date. Lastly, the benefit of cambridge A' levels cannot be over emphasised especially when compared to UTME. It can be used anywhere in the world, it can be included in your C.V because it doesn't expire, it can be used to seek employment, it can be used to gain admission directly into 200L just to mention a few. Let me give you this testimony about Cambridge A' levels. John and Samuel are graduates of Petroleum Engineering. John graduated with first class while Samuel graduated with 2:1 but has A' levels. There come a day the went to for an interview at Exxon Mobile and they employed Samuel who had 2:1 believing he's more practical since he hold a cambridge A' levels certificate. Good luck

Abeg why are you guys advising to take the May/June diet instead of the Oct/Nov? I'm really curious and confused here, shey there is something wrong with the Oct/Nov diet ni?

Sex For Marks In Nigerian Universities: The Untold Stories! / Why I Won't Go Back For My Masters (M.sc) Now As A Fresh Nigerian Graduate / NDA Dismisses 18 Cadets For Exam Malpractices, Brutality, Indiscipline

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61